Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Stebri družbe” as Want to Read:
Stebri družbe
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Stebri družbe

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  478 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Stebri družbe (1877) so ostra kritika dvolične meščanske družbe, ki pod uglajeno in moralno zgledno površino skriva izdajstvo, sebičnost, podkupljivost. V majhnem obmorskem mestecu konzul Bernick že desetletja skrbi »za narodov blagor«. Ravno ko načrtuje gradnjo obmorske železnice, se v mestu pojavi mlajši brat Bernickove soproge Johan Tönnesen, ki je pred več kot desetlet ...more
Paperback, 143 pages
Published 2011 by Mladinska knjiga Založba, d.d. (first published 1877)
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Stebri družbe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stebri družbe

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Sandy
Ibsen doesn't pull any punches! Fabulous drama.
Paul Dinger
I am a fan of Ibsen and I wish I could love this play more but its deus ex machina happy ending is fake and flaccid and had me groaning. How can the author of Ghosts be so sentimental? I enjoyed everything but to it though.
Kareem brakat
"الصدق والحرية هما أعمدة المجتمع"
بهذه العبارة البديعة ينهي هنريك ابسن رائعتة أعمدة المجتمع
عن الطبقة الارستقراطية الطفيلية وعن الزيف والكذب والادعاء الفضيلة
عن المظاهر الخادعة
وعن توحش الرأسمالية
مسرحية جميلة وان كانت نهايتها مثالية أكثر من اللازم
لا اقتنع بالنهايات التي يخرج الكل فيها رابحون
Rahaf Qudah
Jun 05, 2016 Rahaf Qudah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"يجب على الناس أن يتعلموا كيف يخففون من مطالبهم المتبادلة إذا ما أرادوا أن يتركوا لأنفسهم أثرا طيبا في المجتمع الذي وضعوا به"

تدور الأحداث في مكان ما في الترويج، القرن التاسع عشر، حيث يحاول الجميع الظهور بملائكية وهمية.. ليس للمكان والزمان دور طالما تتكرر مجتمعات إبسن حتى الآن..
في بداية عصر الآلة يرفع صوته محتجا
"إني خائف على كل الناس الذين تسلبهم الآلات أرزاقهم. غالبا ما تتحدث يا سيدي عن التفكير في المجتمع. ولكني أعتقد أن للمجتمع واجباته كذلك. كيف يجرؤ العلم ورأس المال أن يدفع بهذه المخترعات إلى
...more
Ben
Jun 27, 2014 Ben rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I began this play at the wrong time. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to unwind with an Ibsen play and a cocktail after twelve hours driving, in the middle of a relocation halfway across the country. I couldn’t get into the play at the time. I think I set my expectations too high and would have done my weary mind better by watching some mindless television. After settling in to our new city, I joined a reading group, deciding to revisit Tolstoy’s War & Peace. Having gotten ahead ...more
Adrian Colesberry
Apr 08, 2009 Adrian Colesberry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I went on a tear on 2007 and read all of Henrik Ibsen and all of August Strindberg. Before I could get to all of Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, I had to turn back to writing, and I can't read while I write. Ibsen is wonderful. The thing I like most about Ibsen is that he loves and respects women at least in his writing. Not all of his plays are tragedies either. Many are very funny and many have mixed endings, not all are downers.
Though I'm not a big fan of Peer Gynt. Strindberg's parody of Peer Gyn
...more
Heba Ashraf
May 07, 2014 Heba Ashraf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

وهذه الدعايات والمهرجانات اللامعات التي تعلنهاالشعوب الكبيرة.. ماذا تخفي ورائها ، الفراغ و الفساد.. ما من دعامة اخلاقية تعتمد عليها
وباختصار ان الشعوب الكبيرة لا تزيد عن كونها مقابر مزينة
..
لنأخذ المجتمعات ،الراقيه ماحالهم ، الشك و الضجر في كل مكان ، لا سلام ولا اطمئنان لا في عقول الناس ولا في علاقاتهم ببعض
الحياة العائلية هناك لا تعقل فهم يشكون في أقوى قدسيات الحياة
...
Matthew
Jul 20, 2014 Matthew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With The Pillars of Society, we enter a new and final phase in Ibsen’s writing, the so-called 12 prose or realist plays. It is arguable whether such an unruly set of disparate plays should be grouped together. How does one classify An Enemy of the People, The Wild Duck, The Lady from the Sea or The Master Builder in one sweeping category?

It also seems doubtful that many of Ibsen’s final plays could be seen as truly realist. The Master Builder, the last act of John Gabriel Borkman and When We De
...more
5am
Feb 15, 2017 5am rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Dana Safian
Oct 16, 2016 Dana Safian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favorite Ibsen ,I think the fourth act was not as marvelous as his other plays.But still him:powerful.
Adeline
Pillars of Society was a pivotal work for Ibsen, and was written at a transitional point of his distinguished career as a playwright. It is not a masterpiece, but one can find in there the great themes that are being used as leitmotifs in his great plays: the hypocrisy and narrow-mindedness of provincial life, the financial scams that threaten to ruin one's family or reputation, a well-kept secret that will hunt one's mind for the rest of their existence...

The characters are portrayed as complex
...more
Mike
Feb 15, 2016 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
Oh, man. I'm a total sucker for this play. It might be one of my favorite plays I've ever read. I probably shouldn't be typing a review so soon after reading it. I'm also curious to know if I would have enjoyed it so much seeing it performed. I usually find drama to be either overly melodramatic or plodding, but Ibsen hits the sweet spot of balancing the entertaining with the thought-provoking. I also kind of hate myself for loving the ending, which was so contrived and purposely "happy." Truly, ...more
Sarah
This play is actually a bit of a disappointment to me. Ibsen sets Pillars of Society up to be a great tragedy in the end, but it resolves itself in a very unexpected and disappointing happy ending that results in everything magically being okay again. I think that this makes the play a lot different that the rest of Ibsen's plays, considering that Ibsen wasn't really known to end things on a happy note.

I can't even really remember the true plot of this play (I apologize), but I do know that thi
...more
Blanche
Feb 26, 2011 Blanche rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plays
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Bogdan Liviu
Oct 08, 2013 Bogdan Liviu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adevarul si sinceritatea constituie stalpii societatii, fara-ndoiala, insa intr-o lume ideala... realitatea este seaca insa, chiar fara de speranta (daca nu-i urmata de o explozie de transfigurari, acea excelenta a marilor transfigurari mentionata de Cioran), verdictul ei vine ca o ghilotina: la baza societatii noastre domneste de atata amar de vreme implacabila si nesfarsita Ipocrizie - suntem condamnati la o degradare continua.
Pentru cei care doresc sa-si limpezeasca ochii in loc sa citeasca o
...more
Ali
Feb 12, 2013 Ali rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: plays
شاید بشود گفت گرفتاری های ایبسن از انتشار این نمایش نامه، که بر مبنای اصل "گناه و شرم" نوشته شده، آغاز شد و با نمایش نامه های دیگرش پیوسته مورد تکفیر و انتقاد قرار گرفت.

آثار نمایشی هنریک ایبسن مانند زندگی اش پر از فراز و نشیب اند. برخی
منتقدان او را به راستی ستوده اند و برخی هرگز آثارش را نپسندیدند. ایبسن به معنایی که دکتر امیر حسین آریانپور در کتاب "ایبسن آشوب گرای" نوشته، چه در زندگی و چه در آثارش یک آنارشیست جلوه می کند. با وجودی که گفته اند از شکسپیر به این سو دوران تراژدی بسر آمده، برخی از
...more
Mike Jensen
Ibsen’s melodrama on hypocrisy and respectability is improbable and overwrought, but its heart is in the right place. It lacks subtlety but has conscience. More commendable than worthy, but transpose the story to America and it could be the story of a rich Republican who is forced to find morals. ADAPTATION COMING!
Toon Pepermans
more like 3.5/5, the depiction of corruption is really great, but the ending could have been better, as many have said before
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2012
Teodora
Teodora rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Kenny
Kenny rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2013
Patricia Fašalek
Patricia Fašalek rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Robert Fry
Robert Fry rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2009
Galit
Galit rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Nejc12321
Nejc12321 rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Blanca Gómez
Blanca Gómez rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Dina
Dina rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Yuki
Yuki rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2016
Abraham Michelen
Abraham Michelen rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Erasmus Montanus or Rasmus Berg
  • Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
  • Orestes and Other Plays
  • Awake and Sing!
  • The Price
  • Beyond the Horizon
  • The Deep Blue Sea
  • The Weavers
  • Seascape
  • Naked Masks: Five Plays
  • Vinland Saga, Tome 7
  • Kralj na Betajnovi
  • The Way of Acting: The Theatre Writings of Tadashi Suzuki
  • The Father
  • The God of Hell
  • Stone Cold Dead Serious: And Other Plays
  • Three Days of Rain
  • Misalliance
2730977
Henrik Johan Ibsen was a major Norwegian playwright largely responsible for the rise of modern realistic drama. He is often referred to as the "father of modern drama." Ibsen is held to be the greatest of Norwegian authors and one of the most important playwrights of all time, celebrated as a national symbol by Norwegians.

His plays were considered scandalous to many of his era, when Victorian valu
...more
More about Henrik Ibsen...

Share This Book



“She was an extraordinary person too! Would you believe it, she cut her hair short, and used to go about in men’s boots in bad weather” 9 likes
More quotes…