Stebri družbe

Stebri družbe

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  286 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Stebri družbe (1877) so ostra kritika dvolične meščanske družbe, ki pod uglajeno in moralno zgledno površino skriva izdajstvo, sebičnost, podkupljivost. V majhnem obmorskem mestecu konzul Bernick že desetletja skrbi »za narodov blagor«. Ravno ko načrtuje gradnjo obmorske železnice, se v mestu pojavi mlajši brat Bernickove soproge Johan Tönnesen, ki je pred več kot desetlet...more
Published 2011 by Mladinska knjiga Založba, d.d. (first published 1877)

To ask other readers questions about Stebri družbe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stebri družbe

Paul Dinger
I am a fan of Ibsen and I wish I could love this play more but its deus ex machina happy ending is fake and flaccid and had me groaning. How can the author of Ghosts be so sentimental? I enjoyed everything but to it though.
Ben
I began this play at the wrong time. For some reason I thought it was a good idea to unwind with an Ibsen play and a cocktail after twelve hours driving, in the middle of a relocation halfway across the country. I couldn’t get into the play at the time. I think I set my expectations too high and would have done my weary mind better by watching some mindless television. After settling in to our new city, I joined a reading group, deciding to revisit Tolstoy’s War & Peace. Having gotten ahead...more
Adrian Colesberry
I went on a tear on 2007 and read all of Henrik Ibsen and all of August Strindberg. Before I could get to all of Anton Pavlovich Chekhov, I had to turn back to writing, and I can't read while I write. Ibsen is wonderful. The thing I like most about Ibsen is that he loves and respects women at least in his writing. Not all of his plays are tragedies either. Many are very funny and many have mixed endings, not all are downers.
Though I'm not a big fan of Peer Gynt. Strindberg's parody of Peer Gyn...more
Matthew
With The Pillars of Society, we enter a new and final phase in Ibsen’s writing, the so-called 12 prose or realist plays. It is arguable whether such an unruly set of disparate plays should be grouped together. How does one classify An Enemy of the People, The Wild Duck, The Lady from the Sea or The Master Builder in one sweeping category?

It also seems doubtful that many of Ibsen’s final plays could be seen as truly realist. The Master Builder, the last act of John Gabriel Borkman and When We De...more
Adeline
Pillars of Society was a pivotal work for Ibsen, and was written at a transitional point of his distinguished career as a playwright. It is not a masterpiece, but one can find in there the great themes that are being used as leitmotifs in his great plays: the hypocrisy and narrow-mindedness of provincial life, the financial scams that threaten to ruin one's family or reputation, a well-kept secret that will hunt one's mind for the rest of their existence...

The characters are portrayed as complex...more
ZǿǾmẫ Shŗbãtiķǻ

وهذه الدعايات والمهرجانات اللامعات التي تعلنهاالشعوب الكبيرة.. ماذا تخفي ورائها ، الفراغ و الفساد.. ما من دعامة اخلاقية تعتمد عليها
وباختصار ان الشعوب الكبيرة لا تزيد عن كونها مقابر مزينة
لنأخذ المجتمعات ،الراقيه ماحالهم ، الشك و الضجر في كل مكان ، لا سلام ولا اطمئنان لا في عقول الناس ولا في علاقاتهم ببعض
الحياة العائلية هناك لا تعقل فهم يشكون في أقوى قدسيات الحياة
...
Bogdan Liviu
Adevarul si sinceritatea constituie stalpii societatii, fara-ndoiala, insa intr-o lume ideala... realitatea este seaca insa, chiar fara de speranta (daca nu-i urmata de o explozie de transfigurari, acea excelenta a marilor transfigurari mentionata de Cioran), verdictul ei vine ca o ghilotina: la baza societatii noastre domneste de atata amar de vreme implacabila si nesfarsita Ipocrizie - suntem condamnati la o degradare continua.
Pentru cei care doresc sa-si limpezeasca ochii in loc sa citeasca o...more
علی
شاید بشود گفت گرفتاری های ایبسن از انتشار این نمایش نامه، که بر مبنای اصل "گناه و شرم" نوشته شده، آغاز شد و با نمایش نامه های دیگرش پیوسته مورد تکفیر و انتقاد قرار گرفت.

آثار نمایشی هنریک ایبسن مانند زندگی اش پر از فراز و نشیب اند. برخی
منتقدان او را به راستی ستوده اند و برخی هرگز آثارش را نپسندیدند. ایبسن به معنایی که دکتر امیر حسین آریانپور در کتاب "ایبسن آشوب گرای" نوشته، چه در زندگی و چه در آثارش یک آنارشیست جلوه می کند. با وجودی که گفته اند از شکسپیر به این سو دوران تراژدی بسر آمده، برخی از...more
Blanche
This play is good, but I can't help but feel that the ending felt so.... fake. Like Ibsen had to quickly end this play, so he made an ending that was conventionally satisfying but not memorable. It was a bit disappointing to me.
Doha Hashem
رواية ممتاز لروائى عظيم
María Angélica
The final is so poor for the rest of the book!!
Eva Konič
ibsen is simply my favourite, always was, always will :)
Mike Jensen
Ibsen’s melodrama on hypocrisy and respectability is improbable and overwrought, but its heart is in the right place. It lacks subtlety but has conscience. More commendable than worthy, but transpose the story to America and it could be the story of a rich Republican who is forced to find morals. ADAPTATION COMING!
Deb
Deb added it
Jul 24, 2014
Nóra
Nóra marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lisajean
Lisajean marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
  • Saint Joan of the Stockyards
  • Bug
  • Poisson d'or
  • Other Desert Cities
Henrik Johan Ibsen was a major Norwegian playwright largely responsible for the rise of modern realistic drama. He is often referred to as the "father of modern drama." Ibsen is held to be the greatest of Norwegian authors and one of the most important playwrights of all time, celebrated as a national symbol by Norwegians.

His plays were considered scandalous to many of his era, when Victorian valu...more
More about Henrik Ibsen...
A Doll's House Hedda Gabler Ghosts Four Major Plays: A Doll's House / Ghosts / Hedda Gabler / The Master Builder An Enemy of the People

“She was an extraordinary person too! Would you believe it, she cut her hair short, and used to go about in men’s boots in bad weather” 5 likes