Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)

Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy #4)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  3,105 ratings  ·  168 reviews
ALL-NEW IN AN EXTRAORDINARY ROMANCE.

Return to the captivating storytelling of New York Times bestselling author Maya Banks, and her stirring saga of three brothers and one indomitable woman—of wounded hearts, family, and forgiveness…

When it came to overcoming the odds of a tragic past, Lily was determined to move on. The three Colter brothers helped her do it. They taught...more
Mass Market Paperback, 208 pages
Published June 5th 2012 by Berkley Sensation

Auntee
Jun 16, 2012 Auntee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: For fans of the series
This reads like one giant epilogue for the series, or perhaps serves as a spin-off for a new series about Max Wilder's (Colters' Daughter) abused sister Lauren. For fans of the series I suppose it's an okay read, but I was hoping for more of a plot and a little more heat.

Anyhow, it's almost Christmas, and all the Colters and their spouses are finally home in Clyde, Colorado at the same time. Holly and her husbands --Adam, Ryan, and Ethan (Colters' Woman) and their offspring Dillon, Seth, and Mic...more
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
4 Stars - Erotic Romance - I've enjoyed this series but I've had issues with the narrator. In the previous books, his female voices have been too soft and sugary sweet. Luckily, that wasn't a problem with this book. His female voices worked for me. Maybe I've just grown use to them. ;)
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
What is it with the Colters that makes me keep coming back for more?

By all accounts, this whole series is... too much. I mean, three brothers with one wife. Then they have four kids. Then their three sons find the one woman to marry. And, their daughter is in BDSM marriage. Not to mention all the drama that went on. OTT, no doubt about it. But, still...

There's something in the way these stories are told that makes them warm, emotional and unleashes the craving to know more. Even though it was so...more
Jen
This story was like going to a family reunion for me. For the past few years I have enjoyed The Colter Family's stories written by Maya Banks. This last book was short and sweet, and gave fans an update on the lives of all of our beloved characters from the series. The whole Colter family is going to be together for Christmas, and there are a few surprises in store. There is also an additional character as well, and that is Callie's husband Max's sister; Lauren. She has been recently physically...more
Sans
My one reaction to this book is: The English language needs several more words for "love". Holy shit. Did you know it's possible to get annoyed with that word and the concept behind it?
Kelley (Against GR Censorship)
I bought this book sight unseen because it was on sale and I enjoy Maya Banks's KGI series. Imagine my surprise.

Although this series is probably put in the erotic genre, I am making my own romantic fantasy utopian romance genre because these folks do not live in any reality I know. Basically it's an emotional utopia where no one feels jealous, inadequate, slighted, or wronged. Everyone is filled with a warm and fuzzy unconditional love in which its presence is never in doubt or its withdrawal e...more
Jess
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 2.5/5

This latest Colters’ story gives us a peek at what the family’s up to, what’s going on in their lives and introduces us to Lauren, Max’s sister. The book goes back and forth from each couples point of view, but really follows the women: Holly, Callie, Lily and a small glimpse at Lauren.

Holly, ever the mama bear, wants to finally give her family a home cooked meal and as the story is set around the holidays, she enlists Lily’s help in le...more
Kari

This was a shorter book than the others in the series. It read more like a very extended epilogue where we get to catch up with all the Colter characters.
What I did not like: There really was no storyline or obvious plot to follow, no actual conflicts. Most scenes were too sugary, I lost count how many times the word "loving" came up.
What I liked: The author's writing is very good, her style works for me and is very pleasant and easy to follow. I also loved getting updated on everyone because...more
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Maya Banks is one of my favorite authors!! I am a HUGE fan of hers!! I especially LOVE this series--it is one of my favorites!! Colters' Woman was the first menage that I had ever read and I was hooked from then on!! LOL I am so glad that she decided to continue the series after Colters' Daughter!! Although I adore Adam, Ethan, Ryan and Holly--Seth, Michael, Dillon and Lily are my absolute favorites!! I feel like I have been waiting for this book for forever and I was not disappointed!!

There was...more
Sunny☼
The Colters is one of my all time favourite menage series. Banks had turned strong men into real people with genuine emotions and thoughts.
This book is the story of all the married kids and spouses home for Christmas and Holly wanting it to be special.
Banks was still in tune with the men. I think Holly's Adam, Ryan and Ethan haven't lost it. Neither did they gain anything. Lilly's Michael, Seth and Dillion were still hot compassionate and understanding men and they demonstrated their passion ju...more
Spynonu
I love the Colter series but this story was a big disappointment. It was sugar poured on syrup over a candy bar - so sweet it made my teeth ache. A lot of serious subjects were touched on but were avoided to keep you swimming in an ocean of honey. I really looked forward to reading this story but I was seriously disappointed. Where was the conflict? And where was the resolution?

I was thinking that Lauren was really going to shake things up for Lilly and her men- perhaps make a new twist in the...more
Sandy M
I was so excited to get this latest installment of Maya Banks’ Colter family. I’ve enjoyed reading about this unique family since the first book. Not many authors are able to give readers a balanced read with romance, the erotic, and a good storyline, but not so the case with this Colters’ Legacy series from Ms. Banks. Each book has been thoroughly enjoyable to read, and it’s nice to know there’s more to come.

In this book we get a wrap-up for each part of the Colter family that we’ve met in prev...more
Sofia Lazaridou
What can I say about this book?It was absolutely amazing!I think Maya banks gets better every times she writes another book for the Colters legacy series.

The books is from pretty much everyones POV and it's like a christmas special episode for the series.In this book we see the Colter's family Christmas together.We also see Lauren,Max's sister whose story probably is going to be on the fifth book.
The book starts with Lily at the doctor's office as she thinks(or rather she knows)that she is pregn

Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Colters' Legacy erotic romance series based in Clyde, Colorado in the Rocky Mountains. The couple focus is mostly on Lily with her men---Dillon, Michael, and Sean. A secondary focus is on Holly with her men---Ryan, Ethan, and Adam along with Callie Colter and her husband Max Wilder.

My Take
Sweet, but very short. More of a bridge novel with everyone settling in. It's not about sex, although, with three "couples", two of whom are composed of one woman and three men, sex is a given. It...more
Jessica Weissenburger
I got this book thinking that it was another Colters' story with the grandchildren (I hadn't read the blurb) but was pretty disappointed when I found that it was really a Christmas story. Pretty much nothing overly interesting happened.

(view spoiler)...more
Moran
I really enjoyed Colters' Promise but it was a very short story and I have to say that I'm glad I only paid 6$ for it since it way too short and the original price of 7.99$ is way too expensive IMO.

I enjoyed reading more about the Colters' family but I had a feeling like the publisher was trying to rip readers off with charging so many money for such a short story.

It's not the author's fault how much the publisher charge for a book and that's way I gave the book 4 starts review,

I liked the stor...more
Amanda Sheila
Well that was cute. :)

It's been a year since Max and Callie's story. Now everybody's stay. And Mama Colter, Holly, is determined to have a family dinner in Christmas. But when Lily felt sick and Max's abused sister came along, will this Christmas be perfect just like Mama Colter wants? Reunion!

It's very cute story. Been a while since I read Colters' series. This book's so simple and it's perfect reading in evening with a cup of tea.

I always like Colters' family, especially the Papa Colters'. T...more
Booklover, Indianapolis
(August) 3.5* While this book was really a whole lotta nothing, it was still very sweet. I love how MB makes the families appear completely normal - sorry, don't really think it's possible for 3 brothers to hook up with one woman and their family be accepted as just a normal, average everyday family (small town living?!). That said, glad the book didn't focus to much on Callie and Max, as they are not my favorites. This should really be billed as a Xmas story, because that is really what it was....more
Erin
2.5 stars. this was really short and felt more like an epilogue than a book of it's own. I was disappointed. it was good to get an update on the characters in this series, but I feel like nothing new or great happened. also, everything was a little too perfect...to the point it made me roll my eyes at some of the things that happened. specifically, callie's surprise is the meadow. I am glad I was able to get this from the library, I would have been upset if I had paid for it. it just did not liv...more
Pboswell
One Big Happy Family...That Continues To Grow!

I'm so excited for Seth, Michael, Dillion and Lily!! The first Colter Grandchild! The kid is going to be supported, loved and dangerously spoiled!! With Baby Rose very present and watching over them. Lily has three men who love and cherish her dearly, want won't accept her going at anything alone - they make all her struggles and problems bearable. It was so sweet of them to acknowledge Lily's biggest loss and lover her to the point of healing.

Max a...more
Sadonna
So first of all this is my least favorite book in this series. And 256 pages? Uh, no. And I'm really pissed that I paid $8.55 for this from Amazon. It's very very short and I was expecting something around the length of the first book. I finished it in one short sitting this afternoon. Totally not what I expected. It felt rushed and the ending was not satisfying. I feel like I got half a book. So are we supposed to pony up another $8.50 for the rest of the story???
Lynne
Gah! I really have a hard time understanding the appeal of this series, much less WHY it's a series...and that there could be that much demand for multiples of this premise that would seem to have a VERY niche audience base. For those that haven't read any of the Colter's series books...in general...this is about rural(ish) mountain folks in Colorado who have two, maybe it's three, generations of three-brothers-with-one-wife type situation going on. They're all close knit and it's very Little Ho...more
Julie C
Short and sweet story. Kinda felt like a xmas novella to me. We get to visit all the Colters from previous books with emphasis on Lily and her secret news. I'm never sure about the 2 women involved in the menage relationships...they dont seem to do much except live in their mountain cottage. Disapointed with only one sex scene in the whole book.
Lynda
The once happy Colter family was shrouded in fear and worries, not one of the individual families were untouched. Lily Colter’s good news brought her back to a time held with fear and pain. Max Wilder, Callie’s husband was fearful for his only sibling Lauren and he desperately wanted her safe from harm. Holly, the strong glue that held the family together faced her own challenge.

“Colters’ Promise” touched on several real-life issues with sensitivity, reaffirmed the value of family support and t...more
Jenn Scranton
Yet again, I cannot get enough of the Colter men!!!!

Sadly, I still can't connect with Callie and Max. :( I see the next book is going to be about Lauren, Max's sister. Honestly, I just want to keep reading about the Colter men, but hey, I'll read it! :)
Donna
I enjoyed this story - entertaining and quite emotional in spots. The writing, pacing, and plot were fine and it was fun to visit with all the Colters again, but the book just didn't grab and hold my interest as fully as I'd expected. It may be because I find Lily too timid as a character in this series. She does have her strengths and eventually overcomes her fears, but her personality isn't strong enough to support another story about her. I found myself more intrigued by Lauren than intereste...more
Marielle ♥ dominus ♥
It's so damn sweet! I want in on that family. There's just love and love and more love around. How is that possible? The best part is...Holly's cooking and Max's surprise. Lily is kinda overrated. She's too perfect to be true. Talented, very beautiful that when she smile people froze, good cook. I'm glad she's not some heiress. She sounds really spoiled and I don't know why.
Callie is awesome but she has problems. I looked at her and think she has psychiatric problems. Then...Lauren? She's fine!...more
Kimberlee
I have really enjoyed the Coulter Series always, and I enjoyed this read, but for me sometimes it dragged. But in the end I still really loved the whole Coulter Family. It's a good rainy day read.
Glamdring
I love Maya Banks writings and I enjoyed reading that little sweet story. Maybe it was just a little too sweet... That being said, it was nice to have a glimpse in the Colters lives.
Lillie
This book gives me the warm fuzzies. I loved catching up with my favorite fictional family and can't wait for Colters' Gift!
The World of Maya...: * 4. Colters' Promise 9 20 Jun 05, 2013 09:51AM
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Love Slave for Two: Reckoning (Love Slave for Two, #4)
  • Their Virgin Princess (Masters of Ménage, #4)
  • Hammer It Home (Powertools, #6)
  • Chasing Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #7)
  • One Night Rodeo (Blacktop Cowboys, #4)
  • Summer's Indiscretion (Divine Creek Ranch, #7)
  • Tart (Delicious, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)