Start by marking “Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)

Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  5,697 ratings  ·  591 reviews
I don't do dangerous.

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me. But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was
Published May 22nd 2012 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about Dark Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Kiss

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareThe Selection by Kiera CassFinale by Becca FitzpatrickRapture by Lauren KateFlutter by Melissa Andrea
Best YA Covers for 2012
23rd out of 470 books — 1,556 voters
YA Novels of 2012
181st out of 1,284 books — 10,194 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat Kennedy
This is a DNF review. Which means everything should be taken with a grain of salt. However, Harlequin Teen was kind enough to provide this ARC to me and I felt I should at least take the time to explain why I couldn't make it all the way through.

It had something to do with this:
bored

The writing made me go:
no good

The Characters were like:
roll eyes

And I had to stop before I was driven to:
KILL A PUPPY!

Maybe I should have kept up with it, because most people seem to really enjoy this book. But I found the writing extremely telling.
Jennifer Armentrout
Nov 20, 2011 Jennifer Armentrout marked it as to-read
That is one hot angel/demon/dude/whatever he is
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I'm not planning on reading this book. I just saw the cover and automatically thought of this scene belonging to the best movie on this god forsaken planet:

Oh hello there Mr. Edward Sullen. Nice dark angel atmosphere you've got going there. Love the sparkle!

Maybe he's born with it. Maybe it's Maybelline!

Don't tell me you don't see the similarities. Don't you tell me! You know it's a lie!

Audience: Are you really not going to read this book?

Anzu: Nope. Unless one of my good/relevant friends says
Mimi Valentine
**Interview on my blog with Bishop and Kraven today + two giveaways! Trust me when I say you don't want to miss it! :') Enter HERE!

You have to admit it: This gorgeously dark cover is probably the first thing that piqued your interest. But even though I've been burned by stunning covers before, I'm happy to report that Dark Kiss isn't a deceiving one! :)

In Dark Kiss, two angels and two demons are sent down to Earth to work together on a mission to get rid of the grays (soulless beings who can d
Catherine
I’m getting really, really sick of beautiful people. I’m also getting really, really sick of special people. Why is it that the main characters of pretty much all Paranormal YA books have to be so flipping beautiful and special? Are we really so shallow that authors think if their characters are ugly, they won’t get any readers? Because that is not true. Take the Downside Ghost series; the hero is a ugly thug, whilst the heroine is a messed up drug addict, but I think it’s safe to say that those ...more
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian

First of all, I cry foul! Where's the Elvis hair gone? I was promised Elvis hair!

When the cover for this was first released the guy on the cover had this massive Elvis quiff that brought me no end of amusement. Seriously, you could have done a Half Pipe off the thing.

Don't believe me? Check it out, here's the original:

Elvis hair:

And here's the new one:
No Elvis hair:

Now where's the fun in that? It's all, like, normal and stuff. B. O. R. I. N. G.

As for the contents inside the book? Eh. It was okay
♥Rachel♥

Dark Kiss is one of the latest in the string of angel books we see hitting the YA category. While I was hoping for a little more, this was a quick, easy and fairly enjoyable story to read.

As the story opens up we are introduced to Sam and her best friend Carly as they are going to the town's popular teenage club. Right away Sam's long-time crush, Stephen, singles Sam out and kisses her. This kiss is different than any she's experienced, drastically changing her and opening up a new world and ne
Jasprit
After reading several glowing reviews for Dark Kiss, I decided spur of the moment to make a last minute request, I was hoping to find a fun adventurous read full with snarky and enigmatic characters. But unfortunately Dark Kiss fell a long way short from my expectations.

Out one night in the up and coming club Crave with her best friend Carly, Sam’s unexpectedly approached by Stephen, she’s had crush on him for as long as she can remember, she always knew she never had a chance with him, he was h
LethalLovely~Live Through This and You Won't Look Back
A caveat: I decided earlier this month to start writing reviews again after a 7-month hiatus. I turned my back on reviews because I have a lot going on in my life right now but also because of the Authors VS Reviewers drama that's been going down. But I woke up one day and said to myself "I like to review. Reviewing makes me happy. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me WTF I can & cannot do....unless it's like, the Cops." So here I am. Did I expect my first review of 2012 to be on a bad book? No ...more
Samantha runs into her crush Stephen while out a night club. When he kisses her she thinks her long time fantasy is coming true. Except he is a gray, a soul sucking being that has now took her soul. As a soulless gray, Samantha craves to kiss and steal souls herself. Guys are drawn to her and she hungers for their soul. When she meets Bishop he is lost but her touch brings him back to reality. He is here with other demons and angels on a mission to stop the grays. Bishop feels for Samantha and p ...more
Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
The title Dark Kiss screams awesome. So does the cover, and when I started reading I knew I was right about the title implying this was going to be a deliciously wicked novel. Awesome storyline, awesome characters. Michelle Rowen is an awesome author, and she has written one awesome novel. Okay, with all that awesomeness out of my system, I can now tell you just how much I love Dark Kiss. Let me start with the characters. Samantha (Sam), Bishop, Kraven, Roth, Zach, Connor, and Carly and so many ...more
Glass
Review posted on Ja čitam, a ti?

So... Let's start with easy part. I love this cover - it's probably one of the prettiest covers this year. Too bad that what was betwen the covers wasn't so good. Maybe the problem is in me because I've read few good reviews about Dark Kiss and I wanted for a while now to read a really good book involving angels. (If you, guys, have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.)

My biggest problem with Michelle Rowen's novel was that it didn't feel believable. I know what
Ferdy
Spoilers

After Samantha gets a kiss from her long time crush, it changes her. The kiss stole Samantha's soul and makes her hungry all the time - not for food though but for kisses. After meeting the mysterious Bishop, Samantha finds out that she's now a Gray and that her kiss can devour souls.

-The plot was ok but certain aspects were just dragged out too long like finding Bishop's team. The characters bar a few were all flat and unoriginal. The romance was like every other romance in YA.

-Sam was
~Tina~
While this would be my first Michelle Rowen book, it wont be my last. I enjoyed the writing, and the concept is pretty good, but sadly I could't connect with the characters and everything seemed to happen to fast.
Not for me....

Soumi
Dark and haunting tale of love, Dark Kiss is one of my most favorite paranormal romances of 2012. I must say Michelle Rowen has nailed it.

“A sob caught in my chest. I didn't even know what a gray was, other than a drab color. All I knew was that I was hungry all the time. And I knew, deep down, that it wasn't just for food.”

In Dark Kiss heaven and hell comes together to build an army of angel and demons know as Nightwatchers to protect the humanity from the evils, known as Greys. The book start
Mitch
Michelle Rowen's writing really saves this one. The characters are pretty much tried and true tropes; at this point I've seen too many of these triangles where the nice and slightly bookish girl has to choose between the serious hero and the sarcastic antihero I just really don't care anymore - not that I really cared before. But the plot wasn't bad at all and Rowen does dark urban fantasy pretty well - actually, considering how generic the characters were, the book kind of surprised me, I wasn' ...more
Hira
Gosh, well, if it ain't Elvis back from the dead. With a 6-pack too. Now, just sing me a song and all of my twisted fantasies will have come true...
Erin
Wow, another great series start for 2012!!! This has been such a great year for YA fantasy romance stories, I'm so excited that I get to read these in the beginning of the series. Dark Kiss is another story that took the angel concept and twisted it to be something new and original, and I really enjoyed it.

I loved Samantha as the heroine; when we first meet her, she's just a plane Jane. Really good student, with a single mom and nothing much going on in her life to speak of. But when the hot gu
Whitney
This is my first ebook received from NetGalley.com. So, it hasn't come out yet; it does on March 22nd. c: (I'll try not to include too many spoilers.)

To start off with, this is about angels/demons. And considering, I've read a pretty good amount of angelic and demonic books, I still liked this. Sure, it's still got all the basic angel/demon stuff, and yada yada. At least, I think it does. Can't really go much more further with this type of stuff. >-< But there are some minor twists and tur
Neyra ♦
Dark Kiss has an interesting concept. One that I found intriguing, and new, but the fact that the female lead was an annoying installment caused a serious drift in my interest for the book.

I really disliked Samantha. I felt she was too annoying, and childish at times, she just didn't seem to know how to make up her damn mind. Which bugged me to say the least. And that we got the story from her pov really killed me. I couldn't take it.

Bishop wasn't such a remarkable character for me. He seemed
Esmeralda
Disa-freaking-ppointing. The plot has a interesting fresh concept.BUT The characters and the romance ruined the whole thing.First, Sam, she says that she is a careful person. (Haha, please).

1)Someone who follows a stranger even if he was your neighbor for 2 years is not safe. (Maybe I am paranoid, but it is something I wouldn't do.)
2)Approaching some dude sitting on a curb by myself. (is not 100 percent safe, you never know how a person may react)
3) Running away from home.(with no money not smar
Heather Tisdale
What if one kiss could turn your world upside down? That's what happens to Samantha. One minute she's a normal teenager, the next she's thrown into a world of supernatural chaos.
I'd spend more time summarizing, but the most important thing about this book was that I just didn't care about the plot. I love Michelle Rowen. Even though she may not be the greatest author out there, her books have always had great humor and/or characters that I really enjoy reading about. Prior to this book, I've be
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I like this book!!the writting and the plot are good!I think that things can only get more intense in the second book!!!
The only thing that I didnt like it was the romance,the characters didnt know each other well enough in my opinion to be able to move on in a relationshipe..I hope things get better in the second book!!
Anna
Reviewed at Books to Brighten your Mood

I picked up Dark Kiss feeling quite certain that this book was right up my alley and that it would be a story I'd really enjoy. Unfortunately, although the story was something I would probably enjoy, the way it was presented and executed failed to grab my interest and entertain me.

My problems with Dark Kiss started really soon. From the very first chapters to be exact. I may knew and thus expected that in this story a kiss would play a major role, but still
Hilda
The worst thing Samantha (Sam) has ever done in her life is shoplifting. When Stephen encounters her at Friday night in a club, Sam can hardly believe her luck. Stephen might live in her neighborhood, but he can’t be mistaken as the guy-next-door kind. He’s handsome, dangerous, and somehow he’s attracted to Sam. Stephen has given her vague warning that their kiss would change Sam’s life, but that sounds too cocky, right? Maybe he’s a really good kisser, but it sure can’t alter her life completel ...more
Bayli
3 Stars

Dang it. Dang it. Dang it.
I really wanted to loved this book. I've had it as one of my top TBR's for awhile now and I finally received it from the library the other day...

It seemingly has everything a girl like me could ask for. Hot angels, snarky demons, a romance brewing- I expected to abso-freakin-lutely love this book. I mean look at that cover- it's hot.

Sadly, it fell short.

I mostly just sat around, book in hand, like this

I felt like the first half od the book was just nothingness
Nisha
I know you all are just waiting for my review, and finally I've got time to write it (sorta - still at work, but no one needs to know).

So, our story follows a heroine (naturally, considering it's YA and has a sexy winged model on the cover), Sam, aka. Samantha if spoken by sexy supernatural boys with wing tattoos. She's "normal", going through the normal angst and insecurities that teenage girls go through. Anyway, her crush, Stephen gives her a lifechanging kiss and abandons her immediately aft
Chantel Law
First of all, what made me want to request this books at first was the front cover! It just looks absolutely amazing! It fits perfectly with the storyline.

However, as much as i hate to admit it, I didn't quite enjoy this book as much as i hoped. I had really high hope for this story because not only is the front cover amazing, the synopsis sounded really good as well!

This book started off really good, i loved the prologue. Though unfortunately, it just went downhill after that. I felt like th
Steffi und Kay his-and-her-books
Zitat:
„Darf ich dich küssen?“
Meine Wangen färbten sich rot. „Ich ähm … ähm …“
Er sprach sanft in mein Ohr. „Ich sollte dich warnen. Es ist ein sehr gefährlicher Kuss. Er wird dein Leben für immer verändern, also musst du ihn auch wollen.“
Wenn ich nicht so durcheinander gewesen wäre, hätte ich ihn für arrogant gehalten. Ich meine, bitte! Ein Kuss, der mein Leben für immer verändern könnte?
(S. 18)

Inhalt:
Samantha, kurz Sam, schwärmt schon lange für Stephen. Auf einer Party scheint sich dieser ernsth
Tanja Voosen
Buchgestaltung
Da das Original Motiv übernommen wurde, gibt es nichts zu meckern :P Ich finde die deutsche Aufmachung sogar etwas besser, weil diese nicht so überladen mit der Schrift wirkt, wie die Englische. Jedenfalls passt Dark Kiss perfekt als Titel!

Meinung

Die Meinungen zu Dark Kiss waren sehr durchwachsen, aber besonders die Rezension von Blogger-Kollegin Stefanie von His&Her Books hat mich unheimlich neugierig auf das Buch gemacht. Eine düstere Romanze mit einer noch nicht da gewesen I
  • Lacrimosa (Requiem, #1)
  • Angel Eyes (Angel Eyes, #1)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • A Temptation of Angels
  • Silver (Bandia, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #1)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • On a Dark Wing
  • Halflings (Halflings, #1)
  • Taste
  • The Dark Light
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Forbidden
  • Awakened (Prequel, The Guardian Legacy)
  • Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen, #1)
  • Beg for Mercy (Cambion, #1)
  • Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, #1)
  • A Witch in Winter (Winter Trilogy, #1)
National bestselling author MICHELLE ROWEN writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy, both light and dark, sexy and sweet, long and short -- it all depends on the story! She's won a Holt Medallion for Best First Book and a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Vampire Romance. For more information, please visit Michelle at her website at www.michellerowen.com.
More about Michelle Rowen...
Vampire Academy: The Ultimate Guide Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2) Lady & the Vamp (Immortality Bites, #3) Reign or Shine (Demon Princess #1)

“Did you follow me here?"
"Something like that."
I let out a frustrated groan. "Can't anyone just talk to me straight? Why is everyone avoiding my damn questions tonight?"
Bishop's brows went up. "Okay, fine. Yes, I followed you here. Better?"
"Yes. Stalkery, but better."
"I'm not stalking you."
"Spoken like a true stalker”
78 likes
“Need some help?' he asked.
'Yes!' I yelled at him 'Help us!'
'What's the magic word?'