Start by marking “Pacific War Diary, 1942-1945” as Want to Read:
Pacific War Diary, 1942-1945

Pacific War Diary, 1942-1945

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  6 reviews
This best-selling diary is one of the most extraordinary documents to emerge from World War II. Despite regulations, seaman James J. Fahey secretly compiled a diary on scraps of paper throughout the long World War II naval campaign in the Pacific. His diary describes an average sailor's daily life during wartime and records a personal view of a major historic event.
Published October 7th 1992 by Mariner Books (first published September 1st 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Pacific War Diary, 1942-1945, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pacific War Diary, 1942-1945

Sakuralionheart
This was a really good book! :D The title listed here is all wrong, though. It should be Pacific War Diary 1942 - 1945.
Jackie
I feel horrible for not being able to finish this book. I might pick it up again once I'm through my own giant stack. I got it at the library and had to return it.

I couldn't finish it. I made it to page 95 and couldn't read anymore. Although its a readible account it was repetative and a bit on the boring side.

But the author did a good job of making things not too repetitive, especially since most of the time on the ship was spent doing the same thing.
Mike Prochot
Outstanding first person account of James J. Fahey's wartime experience as a seaman on the U.S.S Montpelier, a light cruiser in the Pacific in WWII.

Richard Fischer
Jan 19, 2013 Richard Fischer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Started book back in high school early eighties. Book was in poor shape. Reordered book in 2010 plan and determine to finish this book.
Michael
A good book but for some reason hard read. Took forever but alot of good insight on the pacific theater of WWIi.
Nancy L.
Engrossing readable account of the war in the Pacific from the perspective of a young man drafted into the Navy.
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Mat Miller
Mat Miller marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Yui
Yui marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Aldente
Aldente marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013