Start by marking “Blood Oath” as Want to Read:
Blood Oath

Blood Oath

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  16 reviews
He wanted to make peace with the past....Peter Houston just wanted to find the grave of the war-hero father he never knew--a yearning that would draw him thousands of miles from home to the military cemetary in France.Instead, he stumbled into a shadowy underworld....He enver dreamed his private pilgrimage would unearth a decades-long secret that would plunge him into a de ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 1st U.S. Paperback Edition, 230 pages
Published September 12th 1983 by Fawcett (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Oath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Oath

Viji Sarath (Bookish endeavors)
Old wine in new bottle.. Well.. I shouldn't say new since I've seen other writers do it in a better way.. It's a polished bottle..
Pete Houston visits France to look for his father's grave,the father whom he had never known. His wife is with him and because of some twists that take place when he tries to find out about his father,she gets killed. He is determined to find out her killer and is helped by Simone,the daughter of the owner of the hotel where he is staying. And they find out a 37-year
Martin Hill
Peter Houston, an American novelist, travels to France to pay homage to the father he never knew, an American soldier killed in action in the weeks following the Normandy invasion. When he discovers there is no record of his father being buried in any of the American war cemeteries, Houston begins looking for a Frenchman who promised the writer's mother he would look after the dead soldier's grave. Houston's search threatens to uncover long buried secrets, and suddenly finds Houston targeted by ...more
Michael
Jun 21, 2009 Michael rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: David Morrell fans, Robert Ludlum's Bourne series fans.
Recommended to Michael by: action thriller fans.
Imagine going to France to visit your father's grave and find he isn't burried there?
Pete Houston never knew his dad but when his mother died he goes to France to visit the grave of his father and tell him about his wife but his father's not there.
All Pete and his wife have is info that Pierre de StLaurnet wrote to Pete's mom and promised to look after his fathers' grave but when they investigate, St. Laurent is also missing.
A stranger tells Pete that St. Laurent lives in another town but when
Tom
Creative Plotting. During WWII, a squad of soldiers goes MIA during a battle in France. Not long after, Peter Houston's mom (wife to one of the soldiers) gets a letter from a Frenchman. The letter promises he will maintain the father's grave as a gesture of gratitude for the sacrifice he made in behalf of France and the free world. Thirty-two years later, Peter travels to France to visit his father's grave. No grave. He searches for the man who wrote the letter, he's disappeared, too. With a lit ...more
Stephen
Not a bad book, but certainly not one of Morrell's masterpieces. This bit of 80's fiction follows the running through the French country jumping fences, dodging trees, and trying to get away while searching for answers paradigm. This book could easily be overlooked without much loss. If you like Morrell, go read The Brotherhood of the Rose series, The Fifth profession, Creepers, Scavenger, or even Testament.
The action is fast moving and there's no waffle in it. Some parts are a little over the top but it's still a good read. I really enjoyed this book.
Nicole
"I defy readers not to finish this novel in a single sitting." Stephen King. Is the quote on the cover. While I didn't finish it in one sitting, I did enjoy reading the book.The characters were enjoyable and the pace was perfect, no lagging or drawn out anything.
Definitely looking forward to more stories by the same author.
msleighm
4.5 stars.

On the book cover is a quote from Stephen King, "I defy readers not to finish this novel in a single sitting." If I hadn't started so late in the day yesterday, I would have, I couldn't put it down. Liked the writing better than the earlier books and will continue to read them, somewhat in order.
David
Taut, relentless thriller from genre master David Morrell. This is one of his early works and suffers at times from melodrama, but not enough to be distracting. I can't speak for other editions, but the first edition hardcover has no fewer than three typos. Sloppy editing aside, an enjoyable book.
Robert Grant
This one started out pretty good but I think it then became a bit too predictable and kind of over the top. There is some parts of this story that hint at the excellent works that come later from this author but, this one disappoints.
Greggd
Good, but not great thriller, especially considering some of his other great stuff. Perfect for the beach.
Denise DeRocher
I'm a big fan of Morrell, so anything he writes is fun, fast, and furious for me!
Dialyser
A blend of action with a bit of mystery, but for me it was just an average read.
Humphreydunn
Nice change from the twilights of this world, not that they are bad either.
Charles
Just an all around good book.
Mish
Matt
Matt added it
Jan 11, 2015
Mike Roesch
Mike Roesch marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
  • Zero
  • Even Steven
  • The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)
  • The Cadaver Game (Wesley Peterson, #16)
  • Jersey Guns (The Executioner, #17)
  • The Tombs of Eden (Eden Saga, #1)
  • A Room For The Dead
  • Arthur (The Grail Quest Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hoard of the Doges
  • The Geneva Deception (Tom Kirk, #4)
  • Blood Red
  • Treasure of Eden (Eden Thrillers #3)
  • Tears of the Jaguar: A Novel
  • Newton's Fire
David Morrell is a Canadian novelist from Kitchener, Ontario, who has been living in the United States for a number of years. He is best known for his debut 1972 novel First Blood, which would later become a successful film franchise starring Sylvester Stallone. More recently, he has been writing the Captain America comic books limited-series The Chosen.
More about David Morrell...
The Brotherhood of the Rose (Mortalis, #1) First Blood Murder as a Fine Art (Thomas De Quincey, #1) Creepers The Fraternity Of The Stone