Start by marking “Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pies (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #38)” as Want to Read:
Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pies (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #38)

Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pies (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #38)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  227 ratings  ·  8 reviews
The new baker in town makes a mean pumpkin pie. But could he really be a Ninja plotting to steal some valuable Japanese art? It's up to the Bailey School Kids to find out!
Published November 1st 1999 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ninjas Don't Bake Pumpkin Pies

Fledgling by Mark A. CooperAliens Don't Carve Jack-O'-Lanterns by Debbie DadeyLeprechauns Don't Play Fetch by Debbie DadeyOgres Don't Hunt Easter Eggs by Debbie DadeyMrs. Claus Doesn't Climb Telephone Poles by Debbie Dadey
Books on Sea Cadets, Scouts, Teen Boy Adventures
60th out of 138 books — 19 voters
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlThe Chocolate Touch by Patrick Skene CatlingSuperfudge by Judy BlumeThe Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan BradleyChocolate Fever by Robert Kimmel Smith
Candy Store
84th out of 180 books — 29 voters

More lists with this book...

Seth
They got a school vacation. They smelled something delicious. The delicious smell was pumpkin pie. They thought the owner of the pumpkin pie place was a ninja.They thought he was a ninja because he acted like one.
Kimberly
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Shannan
I'm going to give all of these Bailey School Kids stories a 3 star rating unless I come across one that is amazing. Ray loves these because they are all about ghosts and vampires, etc and they are fun mysteries. I don't like how all the stories basically have the same plot line. But they are fun for him and got us reading chapter books.
Jerome
Funny and interesting. The city has a new baker from Japan who demonstrates an obsession with anything having to do with feudal Japan. Is he really a ninja? The team will have to find out, which, typically, they sort of do but really don’t.

Still fine, though.
Heidi Schutt
Great starter-mystery for elementary aged kids. I appreciated the little details like when the characters used encyclopedias to research, went to a museum and also saved their money to buy things they wanted.
Logan
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Annie
it was funny and the kids believed something that a girl thinks is a ninja that bakes pumkin pies
Makiah
Makiah marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Rachel Zhang
Rachel Zhang marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Anriyeta Vlayeva
Anriyeta Vlayeva marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Teanna
Teanna added it
Apr 01, 2015
Myrah
Myrah is currently reading it
Mar 22, 2015
Noah
Noah added it
Mar 06, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Roger Lang
Roger Lang marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Missing09
Missing09 marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
jhh 1 7 Nov 12, 2008 09:14AM
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Triceratops Pops Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #15)
  • The Weaving of a Dream
  • My Pops Is Tops! (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #25)
  • Mr. Putter & Tabby Paint the Porch
  • Polar Bear Patrol (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #13)
  • Missile Mouse #2: Rescue on Tankium3
  • Two Times the Fun
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)
Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1) Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2) Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4) Cupid Doesn't Flip Hamburgers (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #12) Dracula Doesn't Drink Lemonade (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #16)