Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell #.5)

Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell .5)

4.48 of 5 stars 4.48  ·  rating details  ·  125 ratings  ·  40 reviews
Fate can mark one early for a particular future.

Madison Wescott’s life is Hell on earth. Her father, a Baptist Preacher, convinces her she’s morally corrupt when men notice her blooming beauty. She strives to be unnoticeable, but nothing satisfies her condemning parents.

And sometimes fate has nothing to do with one’s potential.

Temptation rears its head when Micah Dominus...more
ebook
Published November 13th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Madison's Life Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madison's Life Lessons

Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
135th out of 2,270 books — 3,151 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
121st out of 364 books — 201 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathryn
Madison's Life Lessons is a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, gut-wrenching journey that leaves you drooling for more. The early experiences of Madison's life, creates a spark in the reader, that will solidify a connection with her that will carry on throughout the series. A fantastic, can't put the book down, real page turner type of read that I highly recommend!
Mindy/fangedmom
MY REVIEW:

CAUTION: ADULT CONTENT NOT MEANT FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18

Every child disagrees with their parents. Every child argues and fights with their parents. But for Madison Grace Wescott, childhood is a whole different Hell on Earth.

Madison grew up as the daughter of Baptist Preacher Wescott, who took the Name of the Lord to a whole new level. Madison's father has her convinced she is a sinner and at the tender young age of 15, she is already damned to hell.

Madison has no clue as to why...more
Krisztina
I started to read this story because I wanted to win a Pandora’s Box by Gracen and reading these lessons was one of the conditions of winning. But the story has totally gripped me and now I think I would have read it, if this wasn’t a part of any games and there weren’t any prizes.
The story starts as an ordinary love story. There is a young, beautiful girl, Madison, who has very strict parents, including a chaplain father. Madison can’t measure up to his father’s standards, she tries futilely….
T...more
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Amazing beginning to hat I know will be a great series! I need to continue the series because I must know what happens between Micah and Madison! I think he's a fallen angel but, then she has sulphur in her blood!! Wow just so much going on. I hope Micah isn't a total bad guys because I loved him! Madison is a great character and has been through so much! I can't wait to read Pandoras Box!!
Andie K.
Madison’s Life Lessons started like an ordinary love story. But this book isn't just that simple. This is a story filled with intrigue, misery, romance and most of all mystery. A naive, teenage girl's journey which led her to a world that no one would want to experience. Madison's Life Lessons is an outstanding novel. And this is just the beginning.

Read the entire review here!
Mei
I felt that the whole book was permeated with this sense of dread, like something truly evil will happen the next page. But nothing really evil happens.

I put it in my paranormal shelf for that reason, not because anything paranormal happens. Just little hints that actually do not explain anything, but you just get this feeling that things are not what they appear to be.

The story is simple: an adolescent girl, psycologically abused by her father and neglected by her mother, falls in love with a c...more
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mr. Grey) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Madison's Life Lessons is a prequel, by Gracen Miller, for her first book in her Road to Hell series, Pandora's Box. This short takes an early look into the life of heroin, Madison Wescott, and sets the groundwork for whats to come in the series. Written in small chapters titled Life Lessons, it starts off with Madison at age 15 and follows snippets of her life up to where Pandora's Box begins. We see Madison on her journey to becoming a woman, falling in love with future husband Micah Dominus (...more
Beth Wright
I don't know what to say. Ok, yes I do, Micah is such a sweet demon hotty, haha. *Blush and giggles* So many secrets in her family and with Micah. I just about died when it said how excited he was when he found out she was pregnant, awwww. I could go on and on about this book :D. I really don't like her parents and I would have ran away from home if they were mine. Wonderful story, great action, hoty with secrets, and much more is waiting for you in this great story. :D Thanks for letting me rea...more
Jacquie Talento
Micah was a dream come true, especially for Madison who grew up in a very religious home with a strict father. Madison had seen more in her older teen years with her mother than any young adult should want to see. She falls in love with Micah a man that can give her everything should could ever dream of having in a lifetime and more. There is something sinister about him but she can't figure it out, thinking it's all her. One day, after she has had their son, Micah walks out of their lives with...more
Brea Essex
Only one word can summarize Madison's Life Lessons on the Road to Hell: AMAZING! Once again, Gracen Miller has woven a spectacular tale that leaves you dying for more. She does an excellent job of making us feel Madison's emotions right along with her. I read Madison's Life Lessons before I read Pandora's Box, which is book one of The Road to Hell Series. I'm glad that I did. Reading the Life Lessons really helped me to understand Madison's actions and reactions in Pandora's Box.
So, buckle your...more
Katherine Rochholz
This was quite an interesting read! I read book 1 of the Road to Hell Series first and then this book, it keeps you sucked into the the adventure, even though the events happen before the series begins! Love this book! You should check it out!!
Deann
Amazing! Can't wait to find out more about Madison and Micha on Pandora's Box.
Melissa
This is a MUST READ before jumping in to the Road To Hell Series!! LOVED it!!
Amanda
Madison’s Life Lessons is a prequel in the Road to Hell series by Gracen Miller. It gives us insight into Madison’s life growing up and shows us how and why she fell in love with Micah. We get to meet Madison’s parents and step into the world she was raised in. In Madison’s Life Lessons, we get to know Micah and get more insight into an otherwise hard to redeem character.
I really enjoyed this book! I read both Pandora’s Box and Hell’s Phoenix before Madison’s Life Lessons, and I wish I would hav...more
Autumn
This is the prequel, to The Road to Hell Series. And it is one damn good book, that I could not put down.

Madison's Life Lessons is about Madison and how she met Micah, what her family life was like. This story takes place when she was fifteen, and takes up to when she married Micah and details about their married life.

Gracen Miller is the Queen of Hell, and I mean this in a good way or should I say bad way :D. She has now had me go from loving Nix and hating Micah. To where now I have a soft sp...more
Kelly
This is (I believe) the beginning of The Road to Hell series...which was the type of short story that sucks you in and makes you want to continue down the road...I guess-to hell. ;) There is just enough information to get your mind rolling as to where this will all lead...I'll find out in the next book!

Gracen Miller does a great job in developing the characters, while not giving you all the information or history needed. She did such a good job, I found myself wanting to kill Madison's "parents"...more
Delphina
Madison's Life Lessons is actually a prequel to Gracen's Road to Hell Series. It may be "out of order", but I read this book first. I was immediately sucked into the story. I actually had not read anything about the book before I started it and am so glad that I read it blind. I am going to try really hard not to give any spoilers. I found myself really engrossed in the characters and even routing for the "bad guy". Immediately after finishing this book, I ordered and read the next book in the s...more
Brittany
I love the story line and format of this book! The author very skillfully paired a sweet, innocent goody-two-shoes girl with an awesomely hot bad-boy (man!) and had no remorse about doing so! There are several parts where I'm fairly certain that my heart stopped in anticipation for the next scene. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Madison's transformation throughout this book and cannot wait to see what happens in the next book! I recommend this book to anyone who likes a little bad boy hottie actio...more
Mireille Chester
Madison's Life Lessons is a great prequel to Gracen Miller's Road to Hell series. Though you do not need it to understand what is happening in Pandora's Box, it does give you great insight as to why Madison is the way she is. What I really liked about it is that it did great job if not giving away anything that's going to happen in the first book in the Road to Hell series. If you are one of those people who likes to know a character's background, this is a great read that will be worth your whi...more
R. C.
Wow! I happened upon Pandora's Box, the first book in the series, and knew I had to read it. Then I noticed this prequel. I'm not sure how many pages are in it (I'd guess around 75?), but it was so interesting that I breezed through it, and it was so good that I went ahead and purchased Pandora's Box. This series is totally different from anything else I've ever read, and my head is full of questions that I need answered! On to Pandora's Box!
Nancy
I just couldn't stop reading this. I enjoyed it.

This was really interesting, and completely new to me. I just couldn't get enough, I liked that it was able to hook me.

This is the prequel to Gracen's Road to Hell Series, It details the events that led to book one, which is awesome, cause we all love a good background story.

I can honestly say that I will be starting book one like, now.
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
When I first read this story I LOVED it! Gracen has a natural talent for bringing her characters to life. I literally felt like I was right there watching and experiencing everything. Madison's Life Lessons is the prequel to Pandora's Box. In this book we learn about Madison in her youth and the events that led her to her life in Pandora's Box.

~Tich~
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jan 28, 2014 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults ONLY
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Gracen Miller Author
What would you do if the man you thought was your husband didn't really exist? That he had lied to you?

I am admitting that it took me a while to read this book and I regret waiting so long to read it.
I was totally enthralled in the story just as I was in my other RTH series. I had a lot of trouble putting it down. I had to know what would happen next and nothing nor no one could separate me from my kindle until I reach the end of the book. I also have to admit, this story has made me want to re-...more
Tracie Runge
Madison's Life Lessons is a magnificent start to Gracen Miller's Road to Hell Series.

From the very first page to the last you will be drawn into Madison life and eagerly awaiting each and every chapter.

If you are looking for a great read get this book you won't be disappointed. I hope you love it as much as I did.
Cheryl Sanders
Wonderful! This book gives you insight as to what transpired before Book #1, Pandora's Box. It fills in any gaps in Madison's life and what makes her who she is today. Her past is very interesting. Read it! Gracen Miller Rocks!!!
Veronica
Wow! Finally decided to read this book and now I'm wondering why the heck I waited so long! Great book! I would write more about it, but I'm too eager to start the next one! ;)
Amy Smith
Throughly good read. Now just need to buy the rest in the series. Never expected to end on such a high note
Kim Leleniewski
This book made me want to read more....and I will with book one.
Amy Vanderburg
AH MAY ZING!!! i love love loved it!
  • Guardian
  • Of Blood and Pulse (The Pulse #2)
  • Birthright (The Dark Gifts, #1)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part II (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #2)
  • Prelude: A Creatura Novella (The Creatura Series)
  • The Book Waitress (The Book Waitress, #1)
  • The Spirit Box (John Hazard, #1)
  • Compulsion (Moon Coven, #1)
  • Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Valefar Vol. 1: Demon Kissed Novella (Demon Kissed)
  • Discovery of Death (Blood of My World, #1)
  • Bound (Unleashed #1)
  • Supernova (The Supernova Saga, #1)
  • Downpour (Ember, #2)
Join my Goodreads Group (Gracen Miller's Hellhounds): http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/5...

Gracen is a hopeless daydreamer masquerading as a "normal" person in southern society. When not writing, she's a full-time basketball/football/guitar mom for her two sons and a devoted wife to her real-life hero-husband. She's addicted to writing, paranormal romance novels and movies, Alabama football and...more
More about Gracen Miller...
Rockin' the Heart Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) Taboo Kisses Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2) Fairy Casanova

“Crazy, yeah, but his gaze was that intense. Kind of hypnotic, she wanted to stare into his blue eyes until she either became lost in them or found salvation. More crazy from a normally level-headed girl.” 0 likes