Start by marking “Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell #.5)” as Want to Read:
Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell #.5)

Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell .5)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  41 reviews
Fate can mark one early for a particular future.

Madison Wescott’s life is Hell on earth. Her father, a Baptist Preacher, convinces her she’s morally corrupt when men notice her blooming beauty. She strives to be unnoticeable, but nothing satisfies her condemning parents.

And sometimes fate has nothing to do with one’s potential.

Temptation rears its head when Micah Dominus
Published November 13th 2011 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Madison's Life Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madison's Life Lessons

Angelfall by Susan EeBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Vampire Hunter's Daughter by Jennifer Malone WrightEmber by Madison DanielBirthright by Willow Cross
Best Independent Novels
147th out of 2,420 books — 3,388 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
120th out of 363 books — 196 voters

More lists with this book...

Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Amazing beginning to hat I know will be a great series! I need to continue the series because I must know what happens between Micah and Madison! I think he's a fallen angel but, then she has sulphur in her blood!! Wow just so much going on. I hope Micah isn't a total bad guys because I loved him! Madison is a great character and has been through so much! I can't wait to read Pandoras Box!!
Madison's Life Lessons is a jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, gut-wrenching journey that leaves you drooling for more. The early experiences of Madison's life, creates a spark in the reader, that will solidify a connection with her that will carry on throughout the series. A fantastic, can't put the book down, real page turner type of read that I highly recommend!

Every child disagrees with their parents. Every child argues and fights with their parents. But for Madison Grace Wescott, childhood is a whole different Hell on Earth.

Madison grew up as the daughter of Baptist Preacher Wescott, who took the Name of the Lord to a whole new level. Madison's father has her convinced she is a sinner and at the tender young age of 15, she is already damned to hell.

Madison has no clue as to why
I started to read this story because I wanted to win a Pandora’s Box by Gracen and reading these lessons was one of the conditions of winning. But the story has totally gripped me and now I think I would have read it, if this wasn’t a part of any games and there weren’t any prizes.
The story starts as an ordinary love story. There is a young, beautiful girl, Madison, who has very strict parents, including a chaplain father. Madison can’t measure up to his father’s standards, she tries futilely….
I felt that the whole book was permeated with this sense of dread, like something truly evil will happen the next page. But nothing really evil happens.

I put it in my paranormal shelf for that reason, not because anything paranormal happens. Just little hints that actually do not explain anything, but you just get this feeling that things are not what they appear to be.

The story is simple: an adolescent girl, psycologically abused by her father and neglected by her mother, falls in love with a c
Andie K.
Madison’s Life Lessons started like an ordinary love story. But this book isn't just that simple. This is a story filled with intrigue, misery, romance and most of all mystery. A naive, teenage girl's journey which led her to a world that no one would want to experience. Madison's Life Lessons is an outstanding novel. And this is just the beginning.

Read the entire review here!
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Madison's Life Lessons is a prequel, by Gracen Miller, for her first book in her Road to Hell series, Pandora's Box. This short takes an early look into the life of heroin, Madison Wescott, and sets the groundwork for whats to come in the series. Written in small chapters titled Life Lessons, it starts off with Madison at age 15 and follows snippets of her life up to where Pandora's Box begins. We see Madison on her journey to becoming a woman, falling in love with future husband Micah Dominus ( ...more
Beth Wright
I don't know what to say. Ok, yes I do, Micah is such a sweet demon hotty, haha. *Blush and giggles* So many secrets in her family and with Micah. I just about died when it said how excited he was when he found out she was pregnant, awwww. I could go on and on about this book :D. I really don't like her parents and I would have ran away from home if they were mine. Wonderful story, great action, hoty with secrets, and much more is waiting for you in this great story. :D Thanks for letting me rea ...more
Jacquie Talento
Micah was a dream come true, especially for Madison who grew up in a very religious home with a strict father. Madison had seen more in her older teen years with her mother than any young adult should want to see. She falls in love with Micah a man that can give her everything should could ever dream of having in a lifetime and more. There is something sinister about him but she can't figure it out, thinking it's all her. One day, after she has had their son, Micah walks out of their lives with ...more
Brea Essex
Only one word can summarize Madison's Life Lessons on the Road to Hell: AMAZING! Once again, Gracen Miller has woven a spectacular tale that leaves you dying for more. She does an excellent job of making us feel Madison's emotions right along with her. I read Madison's Life Lessons before I read Pandora's Box, which is book one of The Road to Hell Series. I'm glad that I did. Reading the Life Lessons really helped me to understand Madison's actions and reactions in Pandora's Box.
So, buckle your
Katherine Rochholz
This was quite an interesting read! I read book 1 of the Road to Hell Series first and then this book, it keeps you sucked into the the adventure, even though the events happen before the series begins! Love this book! You should check it out!!
Amazing! Can't wait to find out more about Madison and Micha on Pandora's Box.
This is a MUST READ before jumping in to the Road To Hell Series!! LOVED it!!
Madison’s Life Lessons is a prequel in the Road to Hell series by Gracen Miller. It gives us insight into Madison’s life growing up and shows us how and why she fell in love with Micah. We get to meet Madison’s parents and step into the world she was raised in. In Madison’s Life Lessons, we get to know Micah and get more insight into an otherwise hard to redeem character.
I really enjoyed this book! I read both Pandora’s Box and Hell’s Phoenix before Madison’s Life Lessons, and I wish I would hav
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
Jun 27, 2015 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adults ONLY
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Gracen Miller Author
What would you do if the man you thought was your husband didn't really exist? That he had lied to you?

I am admitting that it took me a while to read this book and I regret waiting so long to read it.
I was totally enthralled in the story just as I was in my other RTH series. I had a lot of trouble putting it down. I had to know what would happen next and nothing nor no one could separate me from my kindle until I reach the end of the book. I also have to admit, this story has made me want to re-
I kept hearing about this book series from my three dear friends: Candace, Kathryn and Kelly. They kept going on and on an on ..... OMG, you think they liked it or something!! *HAHA* So, I caved and read this book first because the girls told me it was prequel to the series.

Best part of the book: I learned a about Madison's life as a teenager and what a mess she lived in. The part I enjoyed the most was the mystery of Micah! There is something deeper going on but the prequel doesn't reveal all t
This is the prequel, to The Road to Hell Series. And it is one damn good book, that I could not put down.

Madison's Life Lessons is about Madison and how she met Micah, what her family life was like. This story takes place when she was fifteen, and takes up to when she married Micah and details about their married life.

Gracen Miller is the Queen of Hell, and I mean this in a good way or should I say bad way :D. She has now had me go from loving Nix and hating Micah. To where now I have a soft sp
This is (I believe) the beginning of The Road to Hell series...which was the type of short story that sucks you in and makes you want to continue down the road...I guess-to hell. ;) There is just enough information to get your mind rolling as to where this will all lead...I'll find out in the next book!

Gracen Miller does a great job in developing the characters, while not giving you all the information or history needed. She did such a good job, I found myself wanting to kill Madison's "parents"
Madison's Life Lessons is actually a prequel to Gracen's Road to Hell Series. It may be "out of order", but I read this book first. I was immediately sucked into the story. I actually had not read anything about the book before I started it and am so glad that I read it blind. I am going to try really hard not to give any spoilers. I found myself really engrossed in the characters and even routing for the "bad guy". Immediately after finishing this book, I ordered and read the next book in the s ...more
Miranda Vaughn

This was an amazing book!! I loved it and highly recommend it if you like your romance to have a bit of fire.
Thus book is really odd. You keep reading because you believe the next page just MAY explain what is going on. You get glimpses here an there that there is an underlying story or theme to what is going on.

It just keeps you guessing though. Your never really quite sure who is good an who may be evil.

Maidson is pure, in essense an heart

Micah you get the sense is the devil or a relation to him

Can't really say since we are never told. Not sure if I'm engaged or committed enough to keep reading this
I love the story line and format of this book! The author very skillfully paired a sweet, innocent goody-two-shoes girl with an awesomely hot bad-boy (man!) and had no remorse about doing so! There are several parts where I'm fairly certain that my heart stopped in anticipation for the next scene. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Madison's transformation throughout this book and cannot wait to see what happens in the next book! I recommend this book to anyone who likes a little bad boy hottie actio ...more
Mireille Chester
Madison's Life Lessons is a great prequel to Gracen Miller's Road to Hell series. Though you do not need it to understand what is happening in Pandora's Box, it does give you great insight as to why Madison is the way she is. What I really liked about it is that it did great job if not giving away anything that's going to happen in the first book in the Road to Hell series. If you are one of those people who likes to know a character's background, this is a great read that will be worth your whi ...more
R. C.
Wow! I happened upon Pandora's Box, the first book in the series, and knew I had to read it. Then I noticed this prequel. I'm not sure how many pages are in it (I'd guess around 75?), but it was so interesting that I breezed through it, and it was so good that I went ahead and purchased Pandora's Box. This series is totally different from anything else I've ever read, and my head is full of questions that I need answered! On to Pandora's Box!
Bobbi Leonard
Madison's Life Lessons by Gracen Miller

4 stars

Raised by a non-nurturing momma and a fanatical preacher daddy, at 15 poor Madison is convinced she is going to hell. Because of the powers within her that she unaware of she has been lied to, coveted, & manipulated. Then she finds her backbone & Micah who has his own agenda. I can't wait to read the next book to see where Madison goes & who gets to go with her! Good job!

Bobbi Leonard
I just couldn't stop reading this. I enjoyed it.

This was really interesting, and completely new to me. I just couldn't get enough, I liked that it was able to hook me.

This is the prequel to Gracen's Road to Hell Series, It details the events that led to book one, which is awesome, cause we all love a good background story.

I can honestly say that I will be starting book one like, now.

What a great prequel! I was looking for something different and I can already tell this series is just that. The prequel did a great job wetting my appetite for the rest of the ride down The Road to Hell. This has a bit of everything but the mystery portion was what sucked me in the most. I can't wait to start on book 1 and unearth all the secrets and lies surrounding Madison's life.
I loved Madison. I think she is a very interesting character. I can't wait to read the rest of the books and see what happens with her. I also love the support characters, well except her father but I think that is expected. Gracen Miller has such a way with getting me into what I am reading to the point of me losing track of time until I finish. I love her writing.
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
When I first read this story I LOVED it! Gracen has a natural talent for bringing her characters to life. I literally felt like I was right there watching and experiencing everything. Madison's Life Lessons is the prequel to Pandora's Box. In this book we learn about Madison in her youth and the events that led her to her life in Pandora's Box.

• Guardian
  • Doe Eyes (Hearts and Arrows, #3)
  • Of Blood and Pulse (The Pulse #2)
  • Demon Evolution (Oceans of Red, #2)
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter: Part II (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #2)
  • Lightning (Sleepy Hollow, #1)
  • Prelude (Creatura, #0.5)
  • Blood Oath (Mystic Wolves #1C)
  • Energy
  • Love Notes (Hard Rock Harlots, #3.5)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (The Dream, #2)
  • Bound (Unleashed #1)
  • Everlife

Gracen is a hopeless daydreamer masquerading as a "normal" person in southern society. When not writing, she's a full-time basketball/football/guitar mom for her two sons and a devoted wife to her real-life hero-husband. She's addicted to writing, paranormal romance novels and movies, Alabama football and coffee…addictions are not necessarily in order of priority. She is convinced coffee is nectar
More about Gracen Miller...

The Road to Hell (5 books)
  • Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1)
  • Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)
  • Genesis Queen (The Road to Hell, #3)
  • Royal Partnerships (The Road to Hell #4)
Rockin' the Heart (Hot Wired #1) Lost in the Beat (Hot Wired #2) Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) Taboo Kisses Hell's Phoenix (The Road To Hell, #2)

“Crazy, yeah, but his gaze was that intense. Kind of hypnotic, she wanted to stare into his blue eyes until she either became lost in them or found salvation. More crazy from a normally level-headed girl.” 0 likes