Start by marking “Seven Clues to Winning You” as Want to Read:
Seven Clues to Winning You

Seven Clues to Winning You

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,405 ratings  ·  165 reviews
When a humiliating picture of Blythe goes viral, she's instantly the target of ridicule at her new school. To salvage her reputation, Blythe teams up with Luke to win the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt. But Luke is an unlikely ally and potentially can't be trusted.

Perhaps it's his Shakespearean witticisms that reel Blythe in despite her better judgment . . . or maybe she j
Published (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Clues to Winning You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Clues to Winning You

Lora
Jul 02, 2011 Lora marked it as maybe  ·  review of another edition
This cover turns me off.
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Very cute, very funny (at one point, I actually laughed out loud - no spoilers, but it was the part with the old ladies and the convenience store), and very sweet. Kristin Walker is great at writing the friendships that blossom between a boy and girl and then turn into something more. I found Blythe incredibly likeable, even though it was obvious from the beginning that she was a bit of a snob. It was great to see her grow, and really great to read about Luke. =p Aside from that, I think Walker ...more
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

Okay, confession time: I almost passed over reading this book because of the cover. That sounds horribly judgmental, I know! (You shouldn't judge books by their covers!!). Anyhow. For various reasons, the cover just didn't sit well with me, and I thought it might be too 'young'. However, I read and enjoyed Kristin Walker's debut novel A Match Made in High School, so I knew I was going to give it a go. And I am so happy I did! I do think that, unfortunately, this book's cover is misleading. The c
Juhina
Before I started reading 7 Clues to Winning You, I really wanted to pick up a cute contemporary and when I searched for many of the newly released YA contemporaries, this novel popped up from the whole bunch. I am glad to say that 7 Clues to Winning You filled up my craving. I totally adored this novel and I loved the plot, the writing, and the ending!

The story starts with Blythe's life turning upside down. Her dad, in hopes of getting a raise and the position of superintended, moves his family
Blythe
Jan 03, 2013 Blythe marked it as to-read-maybe  ·  review of another edition
Hey, main character. Yeah, you.

Nice name. I hear only awesome people are allowed that name.
Nick

Read more of my reviews at Nick's Book Blog

Don’t you just love reading books that are so terribly cute that they make you melt into a puddle while reading? I know I do. Funny and totally adorable contemporaries with an interesting story-line can be very hard to find these days, since we tend to compare them to Stephanie Perkins’ Anna and The French Kiss. Well, I can openly say that 7 Clues To Winning You was as good as Anna!

As a result of Blythe’s father obtaining a promotion from Principal to S
Riya
"Love goes by haps; Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps..."
-Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

This book is cute with a capital C! There were many times I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Light-hearted, funny, and sweet, 7 Clues is the relaxing vacation you need from a tedious week at work or school.

Serious books are great and all, but every now and then it's really nice to have a book chock full of humor, not to mention extremely lovable characters. And let me tell you, this book is
Marj
when the book first started i wasnt sure if i will like blythe because she was making a huge deal about moving and accusing her father of being too ambitious and she seems like a trying hard to be perfect student. as the story progressed i felt bad for her and at the same time annoyed with her for making mistake after mistake. and yet i actually liked her enough to root for her. i wanted her to succeed - i guess thats how good the author was in creating a flawed but great character.

i didnt like
Kassandra
Also posted at http://pinkyjustlisten.blogspot.com/

Kristin Walker has an incredible writing ability to develop such lovable characters. These characters have amazing personalities and attitudes. I absolutely loved Cy, Jenna, Ms. Franny, Ms. Eulalie, Blythe, and Luke.

The storyline with the Senior Scramble allowed the pace of the book to remain entertaining. It never felt dragging or boring. The pace was just right and I was pleased with every page of 7 Clues to Winning You.
In the beginning I thou
Blerta
Blythe the main character was pretty and popular in her old school, but in her new school she is the principles daughter and a social outcast. This is because the worst, most embarrassing photo of Blythe is all over the internet ruining her social reputation forever. In order to change her social status, she has to go underground with the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt to win the hunt. If Blythe wins she has a chance to make amends with the whole school, but when she falls for Luke, she puts mor ...more
Carolina Riojas

I love this book!!!
And i'm going to share a nightmare that i had about this book:
My last night's nightmare, actually. there was a sequel of 7 clues for winning. You ( that wasn't the part of the night mare) and in the acknowledge it said: thank you to the people how helped me to choose another date for Luke( that was the only part of the book that was written in spanish, it said something about rural...) . And i went like WHAAAT?! I read the finally over and over and Blythe was with another g
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Foolish actions by a teenager cause problems for herself. It didn’t work for me.

I want unique watchable characters or I want unique watchable activities/actions. I did not get either of these. The main characters were good but ordinary and normal. Blythe, a high school junior, does impulsive foolish things which cause problems and she cries. An unlucky thing happens to her, she gets revenge, and that creates worse things for her. She does something bad to a friend who hurts back with
Sophia
I'm going to be honest and say that this book has Anna and the French Kiss syndrome--an awful cover and an irrelevant/vague synopsis, but completely amazing content. I loved this book so much. I'm not sure if it's because I was in the perfect mood to read it (I was craving a light, cute romance so badly), or if the book itself is really that amazing, but either way, I loved it.

Blythe has a perfect life at her old school. She's popular, pretty, and has many friends. But then her dad suddenly wan
Lyra Zapanta
Jun 11, 2012 Lyra Zapanta rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All teenagers out there.
Wow. I mean, just wow. This book totally turned me on.

Blythe had everything planned for her life: graduating as one of the top students in her class, getting Bryn Mawr, and marrying a Haverford husband. She always focused on happy endings. She loves Shakespeare and has this great sense of fashion. She had the coolest friends and the best high school in town.

Then suddenly, her plans seem to mess up when her father decided that they move to Ash Grove and she enroll to the high school there.

This wa
Celeste_pewter
Rabiah
Originally posted at: http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/2...

7 Clues to Winning You? Well, I was totally won over!
This novel has definitely been one of my favorite contemporaries that I've read so far this year. Some of the contemporaries which I've been reading this year have kind of been somewhat lacking in the humor department, and I really REALLY love books which can make me laugh non-stop. I mean, common, I'm a bit tired of more "serious" contemporaries, and need something to giggle over.
Allison
It took me a day and a half to finish reading this book because it’s a real page turner. Before I start my review, I just wanted to stop and say how much I loved ‘Cy’ and ‘Jenna’ Blythe’s “emo-punk” friends as she described them.

On to the review…

Blythe has always lived the life of perfection. She goes to a perfect school, lives in a perfect town and she has the perfect friends. She wants to go to college, get married and basically settle down. You could say everything was fine and dandy until he
Ipshita
When I started reading this book, I was sure I would find the same old, used up storyline. But I should have known better than to expect anything ordinary from Miss Walker. The characters were all so likeable especially Blythe. I just adored her and of course empathised with her trouble of not being able to lie. Her rules of lying might come handy for me someday.
Blythe comes out as a really intelligent girl who has her life planned from long before, but her father’s decision to change her schoo
Elisha Ruzgal
Despite the, not so appealing looking, cover, the story was really good.

It wasn't so cliched. And it had the right amount of cuteness. I liked Blythe. She wasn't a strong person but she had fine points. She was smart and witty. I also really liked Luke. Need I explain why? It's clearly obvious. He is really likeable. I also liked Cy and Jenna. They were really solid. I am also jealous of their relationship.

I didn't like Tara that much. I think Blythe was making excuses for her. Even though she w
Manu
It was like a teen novel.This novel I got to know from one of my goodsread friend with whom I asked to suggest some rom com novel. This was good and some what funny but not like Janet evanovich novels( read plum series) .
The girl named blythe here is going to the drastic changes because of her over ambitious father to become superintendent, due to which she need to change her school. In the new school she is already been infamous due to her some booger pic circulated there. So basically it's a s
Perla
I love this book. I've read a lot or reviews saying that they weren't really sure to give this book a chance because of the cover. I've got to say that I really do like the cover. It's actually what got my attention in the first place. And something I love from it is that it has exactly seven arrows. I'd like think that it has to do with the book and the title. Especially because Blythe and Luke are at opposite corners. It's as if it was a drawing about what it took for them to be together. Seve ...more
Nian
I had to clean my palate with a contemporary ya novel after finishing Marie Lu's ah-mazing trilogy Legend, and Kristin Walker's 7 Clues to Winning You was exactly what I expected and wanted.

This is a typical YA book, it's cute and fluffy, but sometimes, typical works if you've got wonderfully witty and lovable protagonists (their banter!) extremely hilarious and quirky side characters (Cyn, the two elderly ladies at Shady Acres) and something exciting happening: a scavenger hunt (but which is
Kelsey Mitchell
Blythe is forced by her parents to move from Meriton High School, to Ash Grove, where a year before an embarrassing picture of her was passed around the school like wildfire. Not to mention, her father's also the principal of Ash Grove. And Luke Paval, the guy that operates the online student newspaper, and her haven't gotten off on the right foot. Trying to save her social life, Blythe helps runs an underground Senior Scramble scavenger hunt, and very hunt she'd managed to get her father to ban ...more
Mehsi
This will be a short review, because I am quite tired, but I want to at least give my feelings on the book.

Everyone should just read this book. It is cute, silly and features 2 elderly people who are absolutely lovely and made me laugh every time.
Also dumpster diving. :)
Manar
I have read this book 4 times NEVER GOT SICK OF IT.Its amazing,romantic,spectacular,breathtaking and heartbreaking. For people out there who are looking for a book with a good amount of cheesiness this is a must read.
Venkat Satya
Kristin Walker has an incredible writing ability to develop such lovable characters.The characters are real and the romance is adorable.7 Clues to Winning You is a definite winner for any contemporary fan! I loved it.
Jessica
This was a really great book! Funny, entertaining, and a really good story. However, the cover really needs to be changed. It's terrible.
Jee
This book is more engaging than it looks. Beautiful story of love and family. I don't know, I just love Luke Pavel and Blythe McKenna. ;)
Yarethzia
if you need a laugh, this is the book for you.
Review to come;
(;Lucy.Lala;) (;Book-A-Holic;)
That was cuuuuuuute!!!! c: I liked it :D

This was the perfect example for light romance, high school drama, and the perks of having a father as a principal of your rival school :) because a lot of stuff can happen. Like fall in love with the person you hate and embarrassed you, break and then fix a senior tradition, move from your childhood house, make making out/friends who have relationship friends, mess up your bond with the other school and get attached with your rival school, and etc etc.

T
  • Ditched: A Love Story
  • Don't You Wish
  • Decked with Holly
  • Unbreak My Heart
Kristin Walker grew up in the Pennsylvania countryside, finally landing at Penn State where she earned a BA in Theatre Arts. In addition to being an actor, Kristin worked at many things on her way to becoming an author. She was a lifeguard, a nanny, a beginning ballroom dance instructor, a library circulation clerk, and very nearly a nurse. She's the author of the young adult novels, A MATCH MADE ...more
More about Kristin Walker...
A Match Made in High School The First Day of September Annabelle Jinx and the Ghosts of Serendipity Falls (Book #1)

“Why had I ever cared about happy endings? Happy beginnings were so much better.” 14 likes
“Lord love you,” Ms. Eulalie said, “but you tell lies like Ms. Franny sings: hard to listen to and even harder to believe.” 10 likes