Start by marking “A Sister's Forgiveness (Women of Pinecraft #2)” as Want to Read:
A Sister's Forgiveness (Women of Pinecraft #2)

A Sister's Forgiveness (Women of Pinecraft #2)

Teenage cousins Sadie and Tessa are best friends, just like their mothers, sisters Emma and Jeannie. Their families are close and the girls themselves are inseparable. And then the unthinkable happens. A single instant of Sadie’s inattention causes a tragic accident—and Tessa is dead. Everything changes in that moment: Jeannie’s lost her only child, Emma’s daughter is ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about A Sister's Forgiveness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sister's Forgiveness

Bonnie
May 14, 2012 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
If I had paid more attention to the two tags--romance and Christian--I might well have ignored this book. What a mistake that would have been! This intimate story of two close-knit families torn apart by a terrible accident (though one that could have been avoided with better choices) is beautifully plotted, the characters finely drawn, the emotions raw and real. The theme of forgiveness is explored through several lenses. The simple deep faith of these Mennonites, which is tested through the ...more
Jerry
Jul 26, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it
Emotionally charged...but good reading.
Josie Ann
Jun 10, 2012 Josie Ann rated it really liked it
If your only child was killed in a horrible car accident that was caused by your niece would you be able to forgive so easily? That has been the question I've been asking myself since June 5th, when I began reading this book. "A Sister's Forgiveness" starts out with the hugest event ever, the wreck that take 15-year-old, Tessa's life. Sisters, Jeannie and Emma, were so close until the death of Jeannie's daughter. This book was very complex and if it doesn't have your full attention you can ...more
Glenajo
Jun 09, 2012 Glenajo rated it it was amazing
The story begins with two very close families, linked by the mothers who are sisters, on the day before school begins. Each family has a teen-aged daughter that will attend the same high school the next day. Though the mothers were raised in strict Mennonite families, they have different philosophies of raising their daughters and different choices on their lifestyles. When Sadie comes to pick up Tessa with her boyfriend, a moment of inattention causes Tessa’s death, and the resulting shock ...more
Susan
Jun 17, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Such a powerful book. Emma and Jeannie are the sisters with families of their own. The families are extremely close, then an unthinkable tragedy happens. Mrs. Schmidt did an outstanding job of telling the story of how these families deal with their grief torn apart from one another and then begin the healing process together. It was also nice to hear from characters in the previous book. I also loved the setting of Pinecraft. Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Pat Mccurry
I read this and really liked it also sorry I don't remember when I read it.I love all the books about Pinecraft and would love to visit there
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
This is a condensed version. To see it in its entirety, please follow this link.

I gave this a 3.5.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First off, I'd like to thank netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this novel. And secondly, I didn't read the previous one in this series. However, you can start at this point and be fine. The characters in the first novel are vaguely mentioned in this one, but are not the central story.

And now for my review, I really enjoyed reading this one. It w
Cafelilybookreviews
Jul 27, 2012 Cafelilybookreviews rated it really liked it
Book Two in the Women of Pinecraft series, continues with the Amish/Mennonite community in Pinecraft, FL and focuses on sisters, Emma and Jeannie and their families.

I did not read the first book in this series, but I in no way felt like I had missed out on anything. The second book was so intense and riveting, that I fell right into the story and was glued to the pages.

Emma and Jeannie's relationship is tested beyond measure when a family tragedy strikes, leaving everyone dazed and numb. The fa
Mary
Mar 09, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Cousins, like sisters, born to two sisters, love to be together even with their different personalities and having goals that are different. Just like the mothers, one has stayed in the Amish faith with the dress, home life and choices, and the other has become Mennonite and a little more like a traditional Christian. How could a close family with so much love face a dilemma that came from one bad choice on the morning of the first day of school. There were torrents of rain, and mothers, Jeannie ...more
Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
Nov 19, 2012 Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Does time heal all wounds? From the very beginning the authour has caught my attention in this book. This is a story about two sisters and their family who love each other so much and has learned the art of forgiving. But when a horrible incident happens can they learn to forgive? I think so, but you have to have the help of a forgiving God.

This is a MUST read. It held me capitive from the first page. I loved hearing the characters telling the story. I'm anal in I like to start with Book 1 of an
Katie Johnson
Nov 12, 2012 Katie Johnson rated it really liked it
A Sister’s Forgiveness is the second book in Anna Schmidt’s series Women of Pinecraft. Sisters Emma and Jeannie are the best of friends and so are their teen daughters Sadie and Tessa. This is a very emotional story that centers on the tragic accident that happens on the first day of school that takes Tessa’s life and Sadie being responsible for the accident. After the accident everyone’s life changes and they must all find a way to come to terms with the accident and find forgiveness.

I very muc
June
Jul 16, 2012 June rated it really liked it

Wow! It took me a long time to get through this book because the first half was so emotional! I really enjoyed the book and think the author did an excellent job writing about a very hard subject. I liked how she split the chapters into the different characters and what they were going through!
Sherri Meinke
Aug 17, 2012 Sherri Meinke rated it it was amazing
great book that I couldn't put down. 2 sisters who have lives that are intertwined. Suddenly the one sister loses her only child to a mistake made by her niece. The family needs to learn to overcome the guilt and the forgive to move on.
Deliasue
Aug 14, 2015 Deliasue rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the pinecraft series, Two sister's families torn apart from one child's negligence, another child lies under oath, the families are praying they can get through the terrible happening, you must read this book to see what happens and if they survive as a family again.
Michelle Robinson
Sep 29, 2012 Michelle Robinson rated it liked it
This was very sad but engrossing at the beginning.

I believed the story and could see how each person could have blamed themselves for the tragic turn of events.
All in all, this was not a bad read..

Natalie
Wow! This is so good. Love the characters. Love the plot. Definitley read this once you've read the first book.
Teresa
Jun 11, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing
Such a fabulous book! I was drawn in to each character. Heart-wrenching to be sure, but so worth reading! I would highly recommend this one.
Angela
Feb 19, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Full of emotion.
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2016
Beverly Hanson
Beverly Hanson rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Virginia Winfield
Oct 15, 2012 Virginia Winfield rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. I enjoy reading about the Amish and like how clean the books are.
Val
Val rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Gwynne
Gwynne rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Sherry L. Hartman
Sherry L. Hartman rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Dosha Morris
Dosha Morris rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Angela Lovell
Angela Lovell rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Barb
Barb rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Anna Schmidt is the award-winning author of over twenty works of historical and contemporary fiction. A reviewer from Romantic Times notes that “Schmidt is not timid about presenting her characters with their faults laid bare for the reader to see.”
Anna's series set in WWII Germany with an American Quaker protagonist has been praised by Publisher's Weekly! Her trilogy of contemporary novels about
More about Anna Schmidt...

Women of Pinecraft (3 books)
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)
  • A Mother's Promise (Women of Pinecraft #3)