Start by marking “Out of Focus” as Want to Read:
Out of Focus

Out of Focus (Adams Grove #2)

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  475 ratings  ·  73 reviews
NEW COVER - This edition of Out of Focus was previously sold with a different cover. We hope you'll enjoy all of the Adams Grove novels.

In OUT OF FOCUS, Kasey Phillips thinks her biggest problem is deciding whether to photograph Cody Tuggle’s honky-tonkin’ tour, until an accident on Route 58 claims the life of her husband.

In a desperate race against time as a hurricane t
Published November 14th 2011 by Crossroads Publishing House (first published November 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Focus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Focus

Diana Hockley
Nancy Naigle’s Out of Focus, in spite of its emotive subject matter is a charming story, with genuinely nice characters – except for the perpetrators of the crime!

Nancy’s style is laid back and easy – I read it in one night. Her small town settings work well with the story of a young professional photographer who loses her husband and three year old son in an accident. However, all is not what it seems; the child’s body is not found.

The story follows the months after the accident, the search, th
Marilou George
The small town of Adams Grove is home to Kasey Phillips a freelance photographer. She is concluding her shoot of country music star Cody Tuggle and can't wait to get home to her husband Nick and son Jake. On the day of her return home she learns that she has lost her husband in a terrible accident and her son Jake, who was with him, is nowhere to be found.

Kasey is destroyed by the news and is frantic to find her three year old son. Her dear friends Von and Riley stand by her side during this ter
Hyacinth
My friend won this as a goodreads giveaway and gave it to me to read. Three pages in and I knew I would give it give 5 stars. The author masterfully weaved a suspenseful, believable story. The title was appropriate in that in photography, some things are out of focus in a picture and some things are crystal clear.

I thought the biological father was the culprit initially. He was mentioned in the story and yet ambiguous throughout. I began to get suspicious about the family caretaker towards the e
Grace
Out of Focus revisits Adams Grove and this second in the series is a taut, emotional journey. Nancy outdoes herself beginning with the snappy, fast-moving opening, to the struggle of a mother, suddenly a grieving widow, searching for her lost child. No spoilers here, but if you loved Sweet Tea & Secrets (as I did) you won't be able to put Out of Focus down until the end.

Kudos to a wonderful, emerging author. How long before we get another trip to Adams Grove? Hopefully, it will be soon!
Amy R
I seriously enjoyed this book. I was nervous because I am a wimp when it comes to reading about realistic bad things that can happen to me. Meaning, my family can be in a car accident and my children could be kidnapped, however, the chances of me getting mixed up in something like an international terrorist coming after my husband because he killed the terrorist’s brother is pretty slim. So, with that being said I was hesitant to start this book. I read Nancy's Sweet Tea and Secrets and enjoyed ...more
Caren ~ the misfit geek
I really liked this book. It was a little more focused on mystery than romance. It is the second book in a series but could really have been a standalone book. The first book introduced us to Adams Grove and I expected to spend more time there. I was a little disappointed that I had to wait until almost halfway through the book to find any connection or mention of Adams Grove. I was also disappointed not to have been able to see more of the characters in the first book in this one.

That being sai
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I will honestly tell you what I thought of this book. Amazing. Yes, and that is rather a light word to use in this case. Amazing indeed. Why? Well, I will tell you. Because, Ms. Naigle is able to literally touch my emotions with her dialog, storytelling, and the ability to make me 'fade' out of my home and 'fade' into the story itself.

I found myself gasping for breath as I suddenly 'realized' I had tears pouring down my face and this was page eleven. I actually had to put the novel down and get
Hilleary Peterson
I absolutely loved this book. The depth of emotions with this book was outstanding. You could feel and understand what Kasey felt; especially in a scenario where you don't really know how you would deal with it until god forbid it happens to you. And there is enough romance but not too much given the events of the book. It was an excellent mix of mystery, heartbreak, and romance.
This is such a good way to start the Adams Grove series, you are introduced to Adam's Grove as a new person to the com
Pamela Barrett
Nancy Naigle’s second suspense-filled Adam Groves romance/mystery is a “couldn’t wait to find out what happens” Virginia thriller. It starts with photographer Kasey, a wife, mom, on a photo shoot with one of Countries biggest and hottest male singers. There’s a lot of sizzle and flirting going on between them, but Kasey loves her husband and little boy too much for anything more. She can’t wait to get home, only before she gets there, something terrible happens to her husband and son. She soon f ...more
Jeanie Jackson
Just finished a wonderful story by Nancy Naigle. Out of Focus is one of the books in The Perfect Ten collection. I thought I had finished all the books but discovered that I had a couple to go. I will be reading the rest of the Adams Grove Novels by Naigle!!!

While she was doing a shoot with C&W star Cody Tuggle, Kasey could not even begin to imagine how her life was about to change. Within hours she has lost her heart and soul when he husband is killed and her three year old son disappears.
Michelle Steffen
The first in the Adams Grove series I very much enjoyed the storyline about Kasey, a photographer, who was widowed by a car accident to her "soul mate" Nick, also loosing her 3 year old son (Jake) in that accident. Kasey feels her son is alive and with the help of friends who believe in her feelings a search for little Jake begins. A wonderful story that begins with tragedy but takes you through not only the healing process for Kasey's grief but also hope and belief and the forming of new friend ...more
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
First thoughts after......
Can't wait to dig into the next and skip back to Sweet Tea and Secrets. (Yes I could kick myself....I read out of order....)

How distracted did I get?
Out of Focus is a must read for all my romantic suspense followers! I felt the emotions Kasey was feeling and don't even want to imagine. Along with rooting for her through to the end and still wanting more of her story. The men supporting her are nothing to snooze at. I'm loving Cody! I hate to do it but I'll have to wait
Heather
Can I just pack my bags, and move to Adams Grove? It seems like a really nice place to live, if you are not facing the kind of situation poor Kasey had to deal with. After her husband and son are taken from her, she is left having to find a way to put her life back together. With a few surprises and twists, she hits the road with one of the biggest concert tours ever, and then ends up in Adams Grove. I don't want to give anything away, but Kasey's story was a good one. It was very interesting an ...more
Rebecca
Kasey Phillips is a celebrity photographer who has pretty much everything, the perfect husband, an adorable son, a job she loves...things couldn't be better, until a seemingly random accident changes her life forever.
This was my first novel by Nancy Naigle, but most certainly not my last. Her writing grabbed me in the very begining and kept me right till the end. Endearing , believable characters, the type you would want to be friends with.. all set in a town she makes you want to visit.
Shanon Grey
Out of Focus grabbed me from the first. I love Adams Grove and this story is full a sense of small town suspense. Kasey was very real and I wept with her and got angry and determined when she did. I found Nancy's secondary characters totally believable and wonderful additions to the story. Everyone wants a friend like Riley. Then there's the hot Cody. And who can leave out Sheriff Scott. I could go on and on, but I think the book speaks for itself. It's one to read and keep.
Anne Marie Macek
Unlike book #1 in the series, most of the action in #2 takes place outside of Adams Grove, with a new cast of characters. Only Sheriff Scott and handyman Chaz Huckabee are Adams Grove folks. The main character, photographer Kasey Phillips, returns home from a photo shoot to learn that her husband has died in a mysterious shooting/car accident, and her 3 year old son Jake is missing. Rock star Cody Tuggle helps publicize her missing son's plight, and long time family friend, Jeremy, is eager to h ...more
Linda Smatzny
This is a book in the Adams Grove Novel series. The main character is Kasey Phillips who takes professional photos for a living. Her husband dies suddenly and her three year old son goes missing. The story follows her search for her son and a new life. All of the characters seemed like real people and people you would want to be friends with. Can't wait to read more of the books in the series.
Shanon Grey
When Kasey's nearly perfect world falls apart, friends--old and new--surround her with love and try to guide her through the disaster that has befallen her. But, there's a mystery to solve and she won't rest until she knows the answer.

I love this book--the rich characters and, of course, Adams Grove. Thank you, Nancy Naigle, for another Adams Grove winner.
Cathy Speight
I wasn’t too sure what this book was about before I started reading it. It was on my TBR, so I knew it must have been something I was interested in. I was a tad too lazy to check it out on Amazon, so I just dived in, which was rather fun because I had a bit of treat.

Kasey Phillips is a professional photographer, happy with her husband and three-year-old son. Devastatingly, her husband is killed in a road accident. Quite enough to have to deal with, but to add to the tragedy, their son, Jake, who
Shannon Lovejoy
I received a free copy of this book through First Reads. I wasn't familiar with Nancy Naigle's books but now I'm a fan. Out of Focus is intriguing and easy to read. The descriptions are enough that you can visualize everything without getting lost in detailed wordiness. This is a great book to curl up with...you will not want to put it down.
Sue
loved this second book of adams grove series.. reading this book had me feeling as if i was right there in the middle of adams grove.. once i finished the second book i couldnt wait to start the next and i am already anticipating the next in the series..if you are looking for a good read then do not hesitate to pick up this series..
Mary Edwards
This was a lovely story. It was about the loss of true love but new love found. A tearjerker at the end. I was on an airplane and had to fight the tears. This is a feel good book. I want to read all of the Adam Grove novels. You will like the characters and want to know more about them. Read it and you will agree.
Karen
This is an adams Grove story..It was bittersweet as there's a heartbreaking story along with a mystery and good friends story..I did have some questions at the end that weren't answered and hoping to find out in the next book..I highly recommend this book..
Jody Adams
I don't know how Ms Naigle does it but within a few pages you will become completely overcome with heart wrenching emotion for the main character. AWESOME story line filled with twist & turns & don't forget the smoking hot Mr Tuggle!
Jayme
This is the first book I have read by Nancy Naigle, I loved the book, it kept me reading way past my bedtime. It had a great story line, sad, sweet & heart wrenching. I'm glad it ended the way it did
Tracey Devlyn
Ms. Naigle's second trip to Adam's Grove was just as enjoyable as the first in SWEET TEA AND SECRETS. Naigle does not let the reader down when it comes to unforgettable characters. Another winner!
Glenn Harris
A nice cozy about a mother's search for her missing son.
Judy
enjoyed it
Linda Bieri
A mother's worst nightmare. .. her child is missing and to make matters worse her husband was killed at the same time.

Out of Focus is a heart breaking story no person should ever have to endure. The author brought tears to my eyes several times with the strong emotional description. I was also jumping with joy at others. The characters were down home. .. people I would love to call my friends. .. even grandma. There was also hope... A strong conviction throughout the strory.... sometimes forgot
Jennifer Entwistle
If it wasn't for all the unanswered questions in this book, I would have given it 5 stars. Being a photographer myself, I enjoy reading books that contains photography. Some of the quotes in this book, I absolutely loved!

"There was nothing like being up to her elbows in solution to lift her mood. Digital photography was fast, but she truly loved developing film. She could hardly contain her excitement as she lifted the pictures out of the developer solution and they came to life in front of her.
Sisterhood of the...: Out of Focus by Nancy Naigle 40 19 Jul 10, 2013 03:43AM
  • Deadly Pursuit (Southern California Violent Crimes Taskforce, #1)
  • Invisible Magic Book One: Alex Noziak (Invisible Recruits, #1)
  • Deadly Relations (Deadly Trilogy, #3)
  • Time Trap (Red Moon, #1)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #1)
  • A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)
  • A Charming Crime (Magical Cure Mystery, #1)
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • Closure
  • A Shot of Red
  • Joe's Wife
  • Man Law (Private Protectors, #2)
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Countermeasure (Countermeasure, #1)
  • High Tide
  • Color My Horse (Racetrack Romance, #1)
  • With Full Malice
  • A Dead Red Heart (A Dead Red #2)
USA TODAY Bestselling author, Nancy Naigle, writes love stories from the crossroad of small town and suspense.

With a career spent on the cutting edge of technology in the banking industry, she never let go of her dream to write. Now she works full-time writing stories that are a calming blend of community, family, and the simple things in life. She writes the kind of stories she hopes will provid
More about Nancy Naigle...
Mint Juleps and Justice (An Adams Grove Novel) Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1) Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4) Wedding Cake and Big Mistakes (Adams Grove, #3) In For A Penny (The Granny Series, #1)