Start by marking “Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom” as Want to Read:
Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom

Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom

Discover a provocative new conceptual model for the physics of the universe that answers some difficult questions: (1) What is dark matter? (2) What is dark energy? (3) What are virtual particles and antimatter? (4) What explains the Big Four of natural forces? (5) What are gravity waves, really? (6) Why have we been fooled into thinking that energy travels in bundles, cal ...more
Published December 2nd 2004 by L.N. Smith Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom

Jan 17, 2012 Manny rated it it was ok
Recommended to Manny by: The author
- Your Serenity! Your Serenity!

- What is it now, Brother Emmanuel?

- I've found another heretic sir.

- Another one?

- Yes sir.

- That's the third this week, isn't it?

- Yes sir. I think it must be the unseasonably warm weather sir.

- Well, what kind of heresy is this one spouting?

- He says there are only four dimensions sir.

- That's not so bad, Brother Emmanuel. The Blessed Penrose has said the same thing.

- But there's more to it sir. He denies spontaneous symmetry breaking. Claims there are equal amo
I received a free copy of this e-book from the author. I wasn't explicitly told to give a review in return, but I'm doing it anyway because I figure it's the nice/polite thing to do.

Grand Unification and the New Look of the Atom is actually two short stories that seek to explain concepts of physics ("Grand Unification": E-comets and the universe; "The New Look of the Atom": How atoms are structured).

I had a little trouble actually understanding if this was supposed to be tales describing some pr
Robin Smith
Dec 15, 2011 Robin Smith rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to learn without wading through dull text books.
Shelves: first-reads
Grand Unification is a humorous and entertaining way to learn aspects of science that can be confusing and often hard to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn in a fun and enjoyable way. This book is definitely a favorite.

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Ms Thraxan
Ms Thraxan rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2012
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2012
Niti rated it it was ok
May 27, 2013
Kristina Franken
Kristina Franken rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2012
Jovany Agathe
Jovany Agathe rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2015
In this world of credentialed experts, the author, L.N. Smith, is not one of them. In fact, his credentials are so unconvincing that he has chosen to publish under a humorous pen name instead of his real name. "L.N. Smith" is actually the abbreviation for a phrase that sets up a joke. (The clues to the full name are in Sunrise Over Disney.) Only time will tell if the joke is on him or on today's " ...more
More about L.N. Smith...