Start by marking “Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)

Blood Royal (Blood Destiny #5)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  1,295 ratings  ·  37 reviews
"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"Nothing, as long as you do not inflict permanent harm," Rene' smiled slightly. I got up to go after Tony, but Wlodek hauled me back.

Published by Connie Suttle (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Royal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Royal

Joe Scholes
Blood Royal is the fifth book in the Blood Destiny series by Connie Suttle. The story of Lissa, the unintentional (and unconventional!) vampire continues. The character development is rich and satisfying. Lissa becomes acquainted with her real father, who is instrumental in helping her understand her unique abilities and perhaps how she can use them for the betterment of the universe. Lissa's contentious relationship with the vampire aristocracy, and particularly the vampire council, escalates a ...more
Ooooorah
I read the first 4 books and just finished this one.

OMG.

I give up. What started as a pretty good urban vampire fantasy series has morphed into something so confusing and painful that I am now declaring this train wreck territory.

I kept hoping that Lissa would develop a spine somewhere but nope and her list of lovers is now so long I can't keep them straight.

Eliza Brand
I keep waiting for Lissa to realize she is stronger then she thinks she is, and tell the council off. they need her more then she needs them.
jD
I would have read this one 5 minutes after it came out had I know it was on Amazon. I don't know why I love Lissa and her 900 friends so much but I do. Lissa, the reluctant vampire heroine, goes thru more changes with the vampires, werewolves, and off-world weird creatures than should be allowed. I don't know what to make of all the directions other than it keeps me reading. There are enough characters for three books, easily. I don't know how I keep up with them but somehow I do.

To be honest, I
Pat Patterson
Cute! These books are like potato chips.

I can't WAIT for Liss to go somewhere else again! This cast of characters is taxing my mind. I read nothing but these books and I have no clue who half of these people are. Really.

Years ago I barely got through the first Game of Thrones book (hated everyone!!), have never watched the series, and I have a better grip on those character names than the ones in this series that consumes my every free moment.

Ramdomir. Kiarra. Pheligar, Charles, Wlodek, Will,
Chantal Halpin
There are so many things that annoy me as I'm reading these books - but they have some kind of un-put-down-able quality that I wish I could bottle.

These are an auto purchase for me but I live in hope that Lissa will kick Gavin to the kerb, stick something wooden and pointy through Tony Hancock's empty heart and stop crying and shaking and stop letting males pick her up and carry her around!

I have a feeling that some of things will be rectified in the next one.
Tia
I have to admit, I found this book the most boring out of all the series and yet it was still likable. I did not like the fact that certain people died. I still do not like Gavin, I believe him to be abusive and there are many forms of abuse, I'm not talking about the physical sense. I love Wilkner but he apparently can't be with Lissa. I hope the next novel shapes up.
Apr 29, 2012 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sarah by: Connie Suttle
Shelves: favorites
Holy cow! I laughed more through this book than the other four combined, while I also cried through parts of it. Amazing story by an amazing author! The ending, once again, was so fantastic that it leaves you wanting more and more and more! An amazing read that everyone should enjoy no matter the genre they usually read.
Margaret

"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"We will not allow a brawl between our two youngest," he declared and settled me back in my seat. "Now, Anthony, where may we find your father and does he have other children?"

Xenides is searching for Lissa and out for blood. Nothing less than total destruction is his ultimate objective, begi

Mskychick
I bought 8 of her Blood Destiny books at once, and I'm sorry I did. I hated books 4 and 5. Choppy and disjointed, and just bad books.
Sally
This is a series that you can't wait to get to the next in the series, but don't want them to end because you'll hate it when it finishes.
I hate that Lissa has to be controlled but have hopes she'll break away in the next book which I've already bought so I can go straight on. See what I mean?!
Kinha
I'm EXTREMELY..
COMPLETELY...
EXAUST..

of her relationship with Gavin. It doesn't evolve. Before I though it was all flowers and hearts, now I simply don't like him anymore. Even with Kifirin is more "agitated".

Esmeralda
So....the book has four and even some five stars ratings.

Seriously?!?!

Sheesh!
Leilani
3.5/5

I'm really liking this series a lot. Great characters, lots of actions, lots of twist and a kickass heroine. Though this series is really good I'm getting really frustrated about how little freedom Lissa has. I wish Griffin could step in and rescue Lissa from the Council. I think she'd be a lot happier on planet Refizan. I also don't think Gavin is good for Lissa. He doesn't treat her good. I was really hoping that she'd end up with Winkler or even Tony. I know he deceived her and all but h
Shealynn
Again I repeat... GET A BACKBONE Lissa!! Ugh. The males in this book are so dominating. And Lissa has terrible things kept from her and said to her, and the way she is treated is totally ridiculous! She forgives Gavin at the drop of a hat even though he treats her like crap. I am finding this series increasingly disappointing.
Tina
OK. I'm done. This is the last of the series that I plan to read. While the action and creativity have held me through the 5 books, the characters and the introduction of other worlds to the mix has turned me off. Big shame.

I'll keep an eye on this author though...she still shows great promise overall.
Erica
The book is far from bad, but Lisse is really getting to me! It's like- STAND UP FOR YOURSELF GIRL!!! Don't be a pushover for god's sake! She has potential to be so much more than she is. I want to see her evolve to be the "Female" she can be! Hopefully in the next book we can see "more" from her.
Alyssa Ricks
OK, I read these all in order, but I think it was around this book (maybe the one before) where things started to get a little weird. I'll continue to read the series, and have been enjoying it, but it definitely took an unexpected turn.
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
I'm continuing to enjoy this series. Connie writes a really good story. I'm even beginning to by into the other worlds and the jumping between worlds.

My only question is when will those men learn? They're messing up!
Amy Dark Night Reads
This one was not my favorite, even though I did have a few laughs during it. I love Flavio! It just lacked some for me compared to the last books. I am on to Blood Queen..... what is Griffin up to?
Mona
I live this series! This book kept me on the edge! Xeanides was driving me crazy with his cleverness! I really liked it and it kept me entertained for many nights! Love it!!!!
Michelle Cummings
I liked this better than the previous installment, but wondering why Lissa puts up with anything from the vampire council. And am not really feeling the love for Gavin.
Beth
I like her story telling style but there are so many characters it's difficult to keep track of all of them. Most are not really necessary to the underlying story.
Melissa
Almost done with book and love it. just had to say the whole scene with lissa calling flavio to cheer him up had me laughing so hard! Loved it!!!
Ceola
Damnit I loved this book
It is now 7:30 am est
I've been up since 4am reading this damn book,
Buy the series it's awesome
Tracey
I really want to finish this series but I am not sure if I will be able to make it.

More characters and repeat behaviours......
Roxanne
3.5 Stars

Oh lord that ending!!! Must have the next book right now!
BookLoversLife
Have to put this aside for a while. Not liking where its going.
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Twist (Mageri, #2)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Blood Reign (Blood, #4)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files #3)
  • Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Electric Storm (Raven Investigations, #1)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Cassie Palmer series 1-4 (Cassandra Palmer, #1-4)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga, #2)
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.
More about Connie Suttle...

Blood Destiny (10 books)
  • Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1)
  • Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Blood Queen (Blood Destiny, #6)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Blood War (Blood Destiny, #8)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Blood Reunion (Blood Destiny #10)
Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1) Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2) Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4) Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3) Blood Queen (Blood Destiny, #6)