Start by marking “Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)

Blood Royal (Blood Destiny #5)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  1,510 ratings  ·  44 reviews
"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"Nothing, as long as you do not inflict permanent harm," Rene' smiled slightly. I got up to go after Tony, but Wlodek hauled me back.

Published by Connie Suttle (first published November 13th 2011)

Ooooorah
I read the first 4 books and just finished this one.

OMG.

I give up. What started as a pretty good urban vampire fantasy series has morphed into something so confusing and painful that I am now declaring this train wreck territory.

I kept hoping that Lissa would develop a spine somewhere but nope and her list of lovers is now so long I can't keep them straight.

Joe Scholes
Blood Royal is the fifth book in the Blood Destiny series by Connie Suttle. The story of Lissa, the unintentional (and unconventional!) vampire continues. The character development is rich and satisfying. Lissa becomes acquainted with her real father, who is instrumental in helping her understand her unique abilities and perhaps how she can use them for the betterment of the universe. Lissa's contentious relationship with the vampire aristocracy, and particularly the vampire council, escalates a ...more
Tia
I have to admit, I found this book the most boring out of all the series and yet it was still likable. I did not like the fact that certain people died. I still do not like Gavin, I believe him to be abusive and there are many forms of abuse, I'm not talking about the physical sense. I love Wilkner but he apparently can't be with Lissa. I hope the next novel shapes up.
Eliza Brand
I keep waiting for Lissa to realize she is stronger then she thinks she is, and tell the council off. they need her more then she needs them.
jD
I would have read this one 5 minutes after it came out had I know it was on Amazon. I don't know why I love Lissa and her 900 friends so much but I do. Lissa, the reluctant vampire heroine, goes thru more changes with the vampires, werewolves, and off-world weird creatures than should be allowed. I don't know what to make of all the directions other than it keeps me reading. There are enough characters for three books, easily. I don't know how I keep up with them but somehow I do.

To be honest, I
Pat Patterson
Cute! These books are like potato chips.

I can't WAIT for Liss to go somewhere else again! This cast of characters is taxing my mind. I read nothing but these books and I have no clue who half of these people are. Really.

Years ago I barely got through the first Game of Thrones book (hated everyone!!), have never watched the series, and I have a better grip on those character names than the ones in this series that consumes my every free moment.

Ramdomir. Kiarra. Pheligar, Charles, Wlodek, Will,
Chantal Halpin
There are so many things that annoy me as I'm reading these books - but they have some kind of un-put-down-able quality that I wish I could bottle.

These are an auto purchase for me but I live in hope that Lissa will kick Gavin to the kerb, stick something wooden and pointy through Tony Hancock's empty heart and stop crying and shaking and stop letting males pick her up and carry her around!

I have a feeling that some of things will be rectified in the next one.
Shealynn
Again I repeat... GET A BACKBONE Lissa!! Ugh. The males in this book are so dominating. And Lissa has terrible things kept from her and said to her, and the way she is treated is totally ridiculous! She forgives Gavin at the drop of a hat even though he treats her like crap. I am finding this series increasingly disappointing.
Apr 29, 2012 Sarah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sarah by: Connie Suttle
Shelves: favorites
Holy cow! I laughed more through this book than the other four combined, while I also cried through parts of it. Amazing story by an amazing author! The ending, once again, was so fantastic that it leaves you wanting more and more and more! An amazing read that everyone should enjoy no matter the genre they usually read.
Margaret

"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"We will not allow a brawl between our two youngest," he declared and settled me back in my seat. "Now, Anthony, where may we find your father and does he have other children?"

Xenides is searching for Lissa and out for blood. Nothing less than total destruction is his ultimate objective, begi

Mskychick
I bought 8 of her Blood Destiny books at once, and I'm sorry I did. I hated books 4 and 5. Choppy and disjointed, and just bad books.
Carole
It was a bit of time coming.... but Lissa has stepped into her own.

Writing a book about heroes is much easier than writing a book about broken heroes. Lissa is definitely a broken hero. There have been a few reviews which contain because she is a weak woman in a world of domineering males that try to roll over her. Given her background it would have been less convincing if she had acted as an adult who as a child that had not been abused and broken. Her actions are those of an adult who had been
Rebecca
Really good. Book

I liked this one but not quite as much as the others, but only because I think I really liked it when she was learning about the life and so unsure of everything. In this book though we find out more about why Lies a has let the vampires push her around and why they act they way they do. I wish the reviewers who had given low stars had just stuck with it too find out why. I am really enjoying this series though and so far it's right up there with my other favorites. I will be re
Cheryl Brandt
In book 5 of Blood Destiny, Lissa has finally started to become what she's been called, a Queen.

She seems to finally have gotten to the point where she is ready to slap-down the idiots who expect her to change and remain under their thumb, instead of being who she really is and needs to be.

I am very much enjoying this series. It is not an award winner, but I enjoy the dialog and the situations, both giving me a chuckle here and there, and pulling at the heartstrings occasionally.

Recommended.
Liz Wood
Oh-o-o these endings

I have loved the werewolf/vampire fights and development, but I suspect that our queen is off to greater adventures. Jo Clayton (many years ago) wrote a series that captured me which was as fresh and entrancing as this series...and I still have those books left after I reduced my library from many to 2 bookcases. Such special books are save, and read, . and reread. I'm proud to add this series to my special list.
Nan Richard
Fan?

I've been a big fan of this series but difficulties started with the last book. I struggled with book four -too many new characters and scene changes - but held on thinking this one would gain momentum again for me. Sadly it didn't.... I got so unfocused that I left at 75%, read another book, and then came back to finish it up. Just not sure I will keep going. :(
Sally
This is a series that you can't wait to get to the next in the series, but don't want them to end because you'll hate it when it finishes.
I hate that Lissa has to be controlled but have hopes she'll break away in the next book which I've already bought so I can go straight on. See what I mean?!
Melanie
Revealing

This is the first book that gave more answers than questions. I thought this book advanced the story more than any of the others. I also felt that some of the previously likeable characters were less so in this book.
Kinha
I'm EXTREMELY..
COMPLETELY...
EXAUST..

of her relationship with Gavin. It doesn't evolve. Before I though it was all flowers and hearts, now I simply don't like him anymore. Even with Kifirin is more "agitated".

Esmeralda
So....the book has four and even some five stars ratings.

Seriously?!?!

Sheesh!
Leilani
3.5/5

I'm really liking this series a lot. Great characters, lots of actions, lots of twist and a kickass heroine. Though this series is really good I'm getting really frustrated about how little freedom Lissa has. I wish Griffin could step in and rescue Lissa from the Council. I think she'd be a lot happier on planet Refizan. I also don't think Gavin is good for Lissa. He doesn't treat her good. I was really hoping that she'd end up with Winkler or even Tony. I know he deceived her and all but h
India
Blood Royal, the fifth in the Blood Destiny series progresses with the story, but without the pace of the last few books. I’m finding it hard to understand how she can love Gavin after everything he has done and, still doing, when she has so many males to choose from. Aside from the detestable Gavin, in my opinion, it was a good story and I look forward to reading the next.
Tina
OK. I'm done. This is the last of the series that I plan to read. While the action and creativity have held me through the 5 books, the characters and the introduction of other worlds to the mix has turned me off. Big shame.

I'll keep an eye on this author though...she still shows great promise overall.
Erica
The book is far from bad, but Lisse is really getting to me! It's like- STAND UP FOR YOURSELF GIRL!!! Don't be a pushover for god's sake! She has potential to be so much more than she is. I want to see her evolve to be the "Female" she can be! Hopefully in the next book we can see "more" from her.
Alyssa Ricks
OK, I read these all in order, but I think it was around this book (maybe the one before) where things started to get a little weird. I'll continue to read the series, and have been enjoying it, but it definitely took an unexpected turn.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I'm continuing to enjoy this series. Connie writes a really good story. I'm even beginning to by into the other worlds and the jumping between worlds.

My only question is when will those men learn? They're messing up!
Amy Dark Night Reads
This one was not my favorite, even though I did have a few laughs during it. I love Flavio! It just lacked some for me compared to the last books. I am on to Blood Queen..... what is Griffin up to?
Mona
I live this series! This book kept me on the edge! Xeanides was driving me crazy with his cleverness! I really liked it and it kept me entertained for many nights! Love it!!!!
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Blood Reign (Blood, #4)
  • Twist (Mageri, #2)
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1)
  • Samantha Moon: First Eight Novels, Plus One Novella
  • Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga, #2)
  • Cassie Palmer series 1-4 (Cassandra Palmer, #1-4)
  • Stone Destiny (Stone Passions, #3)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.
More about Connie Suttle...

Blood Destiny (10 books)
  • Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1)
  • Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Blood Queen (Blood Destiny, #6)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Blood War (Blood Destiny, #8)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Blood Reunion (Blood Destiny #10)
Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1) Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4) Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2) Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3) Blood Queen (Blood Destiny, #6)

“And you were instrumental in capturing Richter?" "Yeah. He was a squirrel." I heard Charles snicker in the background. "Lissa, this is no time for humor." "But he was. A squirrel, I mean. Richter was a vampire shapeshifter.” 0 likes
“Do you know how much courage it takes for her to do that? It would be so much easier for her to sit and do as she's told—and so much worse for those around her. One of your misters would be dead without her. I have Looked, my friend. Without her help in New Mexico, five more vampires would have died, along with eleven werewolves and four humans. Is that what you wanted?"

Wlodek moved uncomfortably on his seat; he'd wondered about it but it hadn't changed the Council's decision or Lissa's punishment afterward. Flavio had been avoiding her; he felt responsible for Lissa's attempted suicide.”
0 likes