Start by marking “Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Royal (Blood Destiny, #5)

Blood Royal (Blood Destiny #5)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,810 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"Nothing, as long as you do not inflict permanent harm," Rene' smiled slightly. I got up to go after Tony, but Wlodek hauled me back.

Published by Connie Suttle (first published November 13th 2011)

Ooooorah
Aug 16, 2013 Ooooorah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read the first 4 books and just finished this one.

OMG.

I give up. What started as a pretty good urban vampire fantasy series has morphed into something so confusing and painful that I am now declaring this train wreck territory.

I kept hoping that Lissa would develop a spine somewhere but nope and her list of lovers is now so long I can't keep them straight.

Joe Scholes
Blood Royal is the fifth book in the Blood Destiny series by Connie Suttle. The story of Lissa, the unintentional (and unconventional!) vampire continues. The character development is rich and satisfying. Lissa becomes acquainted with her real father, who is instrumental in helping her understand her unique abilities and perhaps how she can use them for the betterment of the universe. Lissa's contentious relationship with the vampire aristocracy, and particularly the vampire council, escalates a ...more
Eliza Brand
Dec 23, 2011 Eliza Brand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I keep waiting for Lissa to realize she is stronger then she thinks she is, and tell the council off. they need her more then she needs them.
Fangs for the Fantasy
Lissa is back trying to stop the evil vampires and their terrorist minions doing nefarious things for reasons (it would be nice if they actually explained a little of why they’re doing this beyond EVIL AND EVIL SPACE ELVES)

She has her bag of tricks and super powers to stop them – but she has to do that with her leash constantly being pulled by the men in her life. Her fathers, her husbands, they all have plans for her, they all have an agenda and they all have uses for her. Whether she wants it
Tia
Jun 28, 2012 Tia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit, I found this book the most boring out of all the series and yet it was still likable. I did not like the fact that certain people died. I still do not like Gavin, I believe him to be abusive and there are many forms of abuse, I'm not talking about the physical sense. I love Wilkner but he apparently can't be with Lissa. I hope the next novel shapes up.
jD
Jul 03, 2012 jD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have read this one 5 minutes after it came out had I know it was on Amazon. I don't know why I love Lissa and her 900 friends so much but I do. Lissa, the reluctant vampire heroine, goes thru more changes with the vampires, werewolves, and off-world weird creatures than should be allowed. I don't know what to make of all the directions other than it keeps me reading. There are enough characters for three books, easily. I don't know how I keep up with them but somehow I do.

To be honest, I
Pat Patterson
Jun 16, 2013 Pat Patterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute! These books are like potato chips.

I can't WAIT for Liss to go somewhere else again! This cast of characters is taxing my mind. I read nothing but these books and I have no clue who half of these people are. Really.

Years ago I barely got through the first Game of Thrones book (hated everyone!!), have never watched the series, and I have a better grip on those character names than the ones in this series that consumes my every free moment.

Ramdomir. Kiarra. Pheligar, Charles, Wlodek, Will,
Chantal Halpin
Dec 17, 2011 Chantal Halpin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are so many things that annoy me as I'm reading these books - but they have some kind of un-put-down-able quality that I wish I could bottle.

These are an auto purchase for me but I live in hope that Lissa will kick Gavin to the kerb, stick something wooden and pointy through Tony Hancock's empty heart and stop crying and shaking and stop letting males pick her up and carry her around!

I have a feeling that some of things will be rectified in the next one.
Kim Bishop
Dec 09, 2015 Kim Bishop rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's tough being a Queen, sigh. It's official, and Wlodek, the jerk in charge, has finally accepted that Lissa is a Queen, and their ain't nutin he can do about it!

Lissa returns from her other-worldly mission, only to be hit head on with a shocking revelation, a newbie vamp, and a psycho killer problem. Just when I thought this story of Lissa's couldn't get any cooler, more complicated, intense or dramatic, it did. I loved every chapter, every paragraph of this book! The new characters that were
Shealynn
Again I repeat... GET A BACKBONE Lissa!! Ugh. The males in this book are so dominating. And Lissa has terrible things kept from her and said to her, and the way she is treated is totally ridiculous! She forgives Gavin at the drop of a hat even though he treats her like crap. I am finding this series increasingly disappointing.
Apr 29, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sarah by: Connie Suttle
Shelves: favorites
Holy cow! I laughed more through this book than the other four combined, while I also cried through parts of it. Amazing story by an amazing author! The ending, once again, was so fantastic that it leaves you wanting more and more and more! An amazing read that everyone should enjoy no matter the genre they usually read.
Margaret
Oct 08, 2014 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Rene', what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"We will not allow a brawl between our two youngest," he declared and settled me back in my seat. "Now, Anthony, where may we find your father and does he have other children?"

Xenides is searching for Lissa and out for blood. Nothing less than total destruction is his ultimate objective, begi

Mskychick
I bought 8 of her Blood Destiny books at once, and I'm sorry I did. I hated books 4 and 5. Choppy and disjointed, and just bad books.
Carole
May 31, 2015 Carole rated it really liked it
It was a bit of time coming.... but Lissa has stepped into her own.

Writing a book about heroes is much easier than writing a book about broken heroes. Lissa is definitely a broken hero. There have been a few reviews which contain because she is a weak woman in a world of domineering males that try to roll over her. Given her background it would have been less convincing if she had acted as an adult who as a child that had not been abused and broken. Her actions are those of an adult who had been
Rebecca
Jun 10, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Really good. Book

I liked this one but not quite as much as the others, but only because I think I really liked it when she was learning about the life and so unsure of everything. In this book though we find out more about why Lies a has let the vampires push her around and why they act they way they do. I wish the reviewers who had given low stars had just stuck with it too find out why. I am really enjoying this series though and so far it's right up there with my other favorites. I will be re
Art Lueder
Sep 06, 2015 Art Lueder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Back on Earth Lissa is once again pursuing and being pursued by the ancient Vampire Xenides. The circle of Vampire males she calls family just don't get why she is so unhappy to never get a say in what she does, forbidden to have her own money, etc. They married her to Gavin while she was off planet and were about to put compulsion on her and hide her away in Gavin's manor to keep Xenides from capturing her. Lissa is more than furious and basically tells them to fuck off. Now the small circle kn ...more
Cheryl Brandt
May 30, 2015 Cheryl Brandt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In book 5 of Blood Destiny, Lissa has finally started to become what she's been called, a Queen.

She seems to finally have gotten to the point where she is ready to slap-down the idiots who expect her to change and remain under their thumb, instead of being who she really is and needs to be.

I am very much enjoying this series. It is not an award winner, but I enjoy the dialog and the situations, both giving me a chuckle here and there, and pulling at the heartstrings occasionally.

Recommended.
Liz Wood
May 16, 2015 Liz Wood rated it it was amazing
Oh-o-o these endings

I have loved the werewolf/vampire fights and development, but I suspect that our queen is off to greater adventures. Jo Clayton (many years ago) wrote a series that captured me which was as fresh and entrancing as this series...and I still have those books left after I reduced my library from many to 2 bookcases. Such special books are save, and read, . and reread. I'm proud to add this series to my special list.
Nan Richard
May 28, 2015 Nan Richard rated it liked it
Fan?

I've been a big fan of this series but difficulties started with the last book. I struggled with book four -too many new characters and scene changes - but held on thinking this one would gain momentum again for me. Sadly it didn't.... I got so unfocused that I left at 75%, read another book, and then came back to finish it up. Just not sure I will keep going. :(
Brittany
This is review is for books 4-7. I think I may have a problem.... I have found a series that I am seriously having trouble putting down. I stayed up until five am to finish two of the books. Man, they just have everything. The story just tugs at your heart and I love all the action. I just honestly cannot stop reading this series. I am so glad I came across it!
Edwina Spencer
Feb 06, 2016 Edwina Spencer rated it really liked it
A Great Set of Books.

Connie Suttle has written a great series of books in the blood series set. Each story is well put together and will keep your interest from start to finish. The author comes at fantasy from a slightly different approach and makes you want to pick up the next book in the series right away. I am impressed.
Sally
Jan 01, 2015 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a series that you can't wait to get to the next in the series, but don't want them to end because you'll hate it when it finishes.
I hate that Lissa has to be controlled but have hopes she'll break away in the next book which I've already bought so I can go straight on. See what I mean?!
Melanie
Apr 09, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it
Revealing

This is the first book that gave more answers than questions. I thought this book advanced the story more than any of the others. I also felt that some of the previously likeable characters were less so in this book.
Ale  Costa
I'm EXTREMELY..
COMPLETELY...
EXAUST..

of her relationship with Gavin. It doesn't evolve. Before I though it was all flowers and hearts, now I simply don't like him anymore. Even with Kifirin is more "agitated".

Heather
Feb 25, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
Riveting

Why must the best books end with such heavy thick cliffhangers? Can't wait to get my paws on the next round...
Rebekka Cavies
Mar 18, 2016 Rebekka Cavies rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-and-rated
Excellent!
Just when you thought that the bad guy is gone and it's happily ever after you discover there is so much more to these books. I have read the entire series before reviewing so to all those who are thinking of giving up DON'T. These books are so much more complex then little planet earth and you really need to read about it.
Anyway, back to blood royal. Lissa is starting to become her own women now and doing what she thinks is best (hallelujah for that) and kicking ass.
Also though it's
Vermillionice
Continuation of Lissa being a special snowflake while being in 'love' with multiple abusive men who "love" her back
Esmeralda
So....the book has four and even some five stars ratings.

Seriously?!?!

Sheesh!
Leilani
3.5/5

I'm really liking this series a lot. Great characters, lots of actions, lots of twist and a kickass heroine. Though this series is really good I'm getting really frustrated about how little freedom Lissa has. I wish Griffin could step in and rescue Lissa from the Council. I think she'd be a lot happier on planet Refizan. I also don't think Gavin is good for Lissa. He doesn't treat her good. I was really hoping that she'd end up with Winkler or even Tony. I know he deceived her and all but h
T_T too sad this one!
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Angelic Blood (Blood, #5)
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Samantha Moon: First Eight Novels, Plus One Novella
  • Twist (Mageri, #2)
  • Fated (Karma, #3)
  • Seeking Pack Redemption (Pack, #3)
  • Shades of Gray (Jude Magdalyn, #1)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • Bound (Little Goddess, #3)
Connie Suttle lives in Oklahoma with her husband and three cats.

Connie holds an MFA in Fine Art (film production and animation) and taught courses at the university level before moving on to bookstore management. Nowadays, if she isn't writing or editing, she's dreaming up her next book.
More about Connie Suttle...

Blood Destiny (10 books)
  • Blood Wager (Blood Destiny, #1)
  • Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Blood Sense (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • Blood Domination (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Blood Queen (Blood Destiny, #6)
  • Blood Rebellion (Blood Destiny, #7)
  • Blood War (Blood Destiny, #8)
  • Blood Redemption (Blood Destiny, #9)
  • Blood Reunion (Blood Destiny #10)

“And you were instrumental in capturing Richter?" "Yeah. He was a squirrel." I heard Charles snicker in the background. "Lissa, this is no time for humor." "But he was. A squirrel, I mean. Richter was a vampire shapeshifter.” 1 likes
“You are a piece of work, you know that?" I glared at Tony, then turned to René who'd been sitting quietly by, listening to everything and not saying anything. "René, what will you do if I kick his ass?" I jerked my head toward Tony.

"Nothing, as long as you do not inflict permanent harm," René smiled slightly.

I got up to go after Tony, but Wlodek hauled me back.

"We will not allow a brawl between our two youngest," he declared and settled me back in my seat. "Now, Anthony, where may we find your father and does he have other children?”
1 likes