Start by marking “Pleasing the Boss (Office Seduction #1)” as Want to Read:
Pleasing the Boss (Office Seduction #1)

Pleasing the Boss (Office Seduction #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A chance meeting in a bar leads to the most erotic night of Pam's life. Only when she awakes, Gabe is gone, and naturally she doesn't expect to see him again. Until Monday morning that is, when she arrives at the office...and meets her new boss.

For Gabe, one night was never going to be enough. He wants Pam again and intends to have her. Will she be able to look past their
Published by Evernight Publishing (first published November 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasing the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pleasing the Boss

Caroline
My reaction to Pleasing the Boss was probably skew-whiffed by coming to it after a marathon of mainstream historical romances, each in the 300- to 500-page range.

Getting down and dirty with a no-nonsense erotic novella made a nice change from rambling through the halls of Regency palaces and meeting demure and improbably innocent maidens and their cigar-smoking, fox-hunting, brandy-quaffing aristocrat partners.

Pleasing the Boss is about office sex. A few days after finishing the book I can recal
Charity
Reviewed for Nocturnereads.com

OMG! I am fanning the flames of hotness as I write! This is the first I have read anything from Shortt, but I am definitely going to check out more of her work. This is the first book in a new series called Office Seduction, and the ending gives just enough of a hint to make you eager for the next book.

The hotness level of this book is a smoldering 5, no doubt about it. My favorite part is Shortt’s writing style. It is unique, fun, and completely relatable…not neces
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

For a sizzling erotic story that involves dating a coworker who happens to be your boss, Pleasing the Boss is THE story!

Pam was not looking for anyone, much less a one-night stand, when one thing led to another and she ended up in bed with Gabriel. Pam is the hard working head of the research department at Ixon which just changed ownership. Gabriel is one of the new owners of Ixon, Pam’s new boss and a great guy who acts as a knight i
Marianne
Short but sweet. I really liked how the point of view flipped back and forth.
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Enter contest here: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

This was my first read from Emma Shortt and I will definitely check out her other books. I really enjoy the humoristic way of writing and the way the characters thoughts are quite uncensored. The characters and the dialogue makes it feel like you are out with friends, having a couple of drinks and talking about everything. The story is short, but I still feel like I got to know the characters. They do decide to keep their working relati
Judy Traband
“The lady told you to fuck off, mate. She’s with me.”

“It’s not gentleman like behavior I want from you tonight, Gabriel.”

“Oh, and Pam,”... “About what you said earlier.” “Yes?” “I am your man; in every way, that’s just a fact.”

What can I say.... I just fell in love with Gabriel and Pam. Another true love story by Emma Shortt!

Julz
Hot & funny quick read. Loved It!
Melissa J. Katano
I used to get irritated with romance novels because some of the tension/problems our two lovebirds have to overcome felt so….artificial. This books shows why even the flimsiest excuses for tension is necessary.

There are a lot of places where you'd think that there'd be tension: her sloppy housekeeping skills, his cool, calm and collected personality, her best friend who says, "hey, since you're sleeping with the boss, try to convince him not to fire me." But no. Somebody shrugs it all off and th
L H
2.5
Shorter and lacking a plot...good for a quiet boring night...
Joss
I really hated Lucy. She was so annoying and I can't understand why Pam is friends with her. Another thing that bothered me was how messy Pam was. It's described and it seems like I'm supposed to think she just a bit messy and it's cute but she sounds like a hoarder and it made me cringe to think about how dirty her apartment was. I liked Gabe and Pam was okay. I'm not sure if I'll read the next book since it's about Lucy and I can't stand her but I did like Giles so I'm undecided.
Crystal
I loved the cover of this book.

Pam wasn't looking for a pick up but when she saw Gabe for the first time something just clicked.

She thought is was a one night stand until she walks in to work Monday morning and guess who her new boss is? That's right Gabe.

Hopefully this relationship works and Lucy's attitude doesn't cause any problems between the two.
Brandy
Apr 15, 2012 Brandy rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: wtf
I really didn't like this one. Started out okay, but the plot quickly took the "never in a million years would I believe this" route. No character development, weak storyline, and to top it off, the editor for this did an awful job.
Mayra
Mayra marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
AmberM
AmberM added it
Oct 07, 2014
Cinda Tamakloe
Cinda Tamakloe marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Angelica Catindig
Angelica Catindig marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Dani
Dani added it
Jul 23, 2014
Judy Peo
Judy Peo marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I write post-apocalyptic, paranormal, supernatural, historical, contemporary and erotic romance for Entangled Publishing and Evernight Publishing.

www.emmashortt.com
More about Emma Shortt...
The Seduction Game (Entangled Indulgence) Taken By The Greek Billionaire (Criminal Seduction #1) Paying her Debt Bedded By The Italian Playboy (Criminal Seduction #2) Waking Up Dead (End of Days Love, #1)