Start by marking “Kiss the Bride: There Goes the Bride/Once Smitten Twice Shy” as Want to Read:
Kiss the Bride: There Goes the Bride/Once Smitten Twice Shy

Kiss the Bride: There Goes the Bride/Once Smitten Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes #1-2)

Two Wedding Veil Wishes novels, together for the first time in print!

Legend claims this antique Irish wedding veil can grant your heart's deepest desire. But be careful what you wish for . . .

THERE GOES THE BRIDE

The moment Texas socialite Delaney Cartwright touches the veil, she envisions a stranger's dark eyes and sexy lips. But she can't disappoint her family and call o
Published June 1st 2012 by Forever (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss the Bride

Crystal
Mar 27, 2014 Crystal rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Recently, I bought a box of diet snack bars that, after I opened and started eating one, I realized they tasted a lot like I'd imagine a chocolate covered milk bone would taste. Now, how does that relate to this book?

I've read a bunch of numbered romances lately - this one is a twofer originally published as…several somethings. Book was unclear as to where and well, anything. And, they're kinda like the literary equivalent of a meal bar. You know it'll keep your brain busy but… With that thought
Annie
Jun 22, 2012 Annie rated it it was amazing

First, I just want to say I wrote a review earlier today but neglected to hit SAVE. That's what I get for writing before my eyes are open. So here I go again...I'm afraid it won't be as witty as the first, but definitely as sincere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have not read KISS THE BRIDE, however, I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

KISS THE BRIDE combines two of my favorite Lori Wilde novels, THERE GOES THE BRIDE and ONCE SMITTEN,TWICE SHY.

In fact, THERE GOES THE BRIDE was the very first book I read by L
Julie Barrett
Jun 18, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Kiss the Bride by Lori Wilde
ISBN: 9781455512676
Two books in this novel. both about brides and weddings. These two books are linked together by the 300 hundred year old wedding veil.
There Goes the Bride by Lori Wilde
Delaney Cartwright had postponed her marriage twice now. Now it was August, so hot and she was getting the fear it was all wrong. She couldn't marry him. She had paid a man to kidnap her from the wedding but when he turned to look at her from the front seat of the car, it was not the
Beverly Diehl
These were two fun, light full-length contemporary romances set in Texas, packaged together. Disclaimer: I received this book gratis at RWA 2012 (yes, I *am* that far behind on my reading), but was under no obligation to read or write a review.

THERE GOES THE BRIDE - As we start, Delaney is being dragged to the altar by her father, to marry a man she loves, but is not IN love with. And then she's rescued/kidnapped... but, apparently, by the WRONG kidnapper.

Okay, this had me hooked. The story then
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥

You can find this complete reveiw posted on my blog Forever Book Lover

I enjoyed both these stories. I have never read Lori Wilde before but if I had to do a comparison her writing reminded me of both Debbie Macomber and Sherryl Woods, two of my favorite writers. So needless to say, I will be checking out more of Lori Wilde's books.

The first book, There Goes the Bride, was about Delaney Cartwright, a rich Texan who figured out maybe too late that she was marrying for all the wrong reasons, well e
Joanne
Dec 17, 2015 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lori-wilde
Kiss the Bride by Lori Wilde:

There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes #1) by Lori Wilde

'There Goes the Bride' by Lori Wilde has a bit of everything: romance, character growth, adventure and mystery with a great sub-plot as well. There is always something going on (rather than 'filler') – it is brilliant and kept me turning pages long after I should have gone to bed!

Lori Wilde writes such strong characters (and not just the main ones) who interact well, which I love, although in this book I wou
Melinda
Jun 03, 2012 Melinda rated it it was amazing
Kiss the Bride a tale of romance and wishes that one person should never make but have no choice. The first story is about Delaney Cartright who by other people seem to be the blushing bride. Yet inside Delaney is a woman trapped. All she wants is the magic that every couple in love feel for their companion. Can she find that magic with a man like Nick?

Second story is about Delaney's best friend, Tish. Now here is a woman who is trying so hard to let go of the past but her ex is always there. Sh
Shannon
Jul 13, 2014 Shannon rated it it was ok
Two books in one. There Goes the Bride - friends supposed to get married but then she meets a wounded (leg) police officer. It was good, but also frustrating the lengths she would go to to get out of the wedding. Also, felt sort of bad for her fiancee. The second story Once Smitten, Twice Shy was worse. The protagonist is also wounded (arm)and also about to enter a loveless marriage. The story was just boring.
Kristina
Sep 14, 2012 Kristina rated it really liked it
Two books in one, which I didn't realize until I got it. Part of a series of four, which I will finish now that I know. Good stories, liked the fact that it is about four friends and their journeys to find love. Would recommend for a fun, lighthearted, quick read but not if you don't have time for a full series. They stand alone, but I always have to read the whole group once I know about it. :)
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Breanna
Breanna rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Jolenepritkin
Jolenepritkin rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Jeannie
Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Kara
Kara rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Rebecca (Beckee)
Rebecca (Beckee) rated it liked it
May 28, 2013
Alejandra2524
Alejandra2524 rated it did not like it
Oct 30, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Kameron
Kameron rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Lauren Grober
Lauren Grober rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Catherine P Pequeno
Catherine P Pequeno rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2012
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2013
Holly Rhodes
Holly Rhodes rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2016
Vickie Pitts
Vickie Pitts rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Judy Secia
Judy Secia rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Holly Kimball
Holly Kimball rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Can't Hurry Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #2)
  • Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1)
  • Texas Pride (Night Riders, #6)
  • Masques of Gold
  • The Harder They Fall (Love & Laughter #24)
  • Josh (Wyoming Sky, #2)
  • The Last Real Cowboy / The Rancher's Runaway Princess (Cadence Creek Cowboys, #1)
  • His Heart's Obsession
  • Ain't Misbehaving
  • Measure of Darkness (Randall Shane, #4)
  • Teacher Plus Two (In the Eyes, #2)
  • Magic Gone Wild (Bottled Magic #3)
  • Stellarnet Rebel (Stellarnet, #1)
  • Unscripted
  • Icebound
  • The Mighty Quinns: Riley (The Mighty Quinns, #16)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Lord of Fire and Ice
Lori Wilde can’t remember a time when she didn’t want to write. She even went to nursing school so she could have a schedule flexible enough to allow her to write on the side. She nursed for 20 years, working in a variety of settings from the newborn nursery to the recovery room, to dialysis. But she never lost her desire to write.

She sold her first book in 1994 to Silhouette Romance but later dis
More about Lori Wilde...

Wedding Veil Wishes (4 books)
  • There Goes the Bride (Wedding Veil Wishes, #1)
  • Once Smitten, Twice Shy (Wedding Veil Wishes, #2)
  • Addicted to Love (Wedding Veil Wishes, #3)
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)