The Keeper

The Keeper (Men Out of Uniform #11)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  9 reviews
*CONFIDENTIAL*Ranger Security Case File #1877Name: Jackson Oak Martin, a man as strong and steady as his name implies.
Case: Tracking down a Butter Bandit
Agent note: This case is gonna sizzle…

On the surface, it seems like an almost ridiculous assignment. A thief has been breaking into pastry chef Mariette Levine's shop. And the only thing taken? Organic butter. But one ni...more
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #664, 224 pages
Published February 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

Tammie
Favorite Quote
Mariette said: "Are you married?"
That certainly came out of left field. Hadn't they covered this? In a roundabout way, at least? "No."
"Ever been married?"
"No."
"Then who trained you?"
He blinked. "Come again?"
"You just got up from the table, rinsed your plate and loaded it into the dishwasher. That's learned behavior. It's not normal for your kind."

What a surprise read! I loved so much about this book. The characters are all heart-warming and put a constant smile on my face. It was n...more
Nicole
First off already loved the book because the heroine Mariette owns a bakery. This was a very hot book, but it had moments when tears welled up. It had my emotions going. I'm happy that Jack got the closure he needed at the end. Without giving too much away I'm happy to see one character get a second chance and realize that people around had his back.
Saly
Decent book in this series, it's predictable but I enjoy this series, former Army ranger starting life afresh and falling in love.
Suze
I like Rhonda Nelson's stories and like the Ranger Security series too - though I probably prefer the three original stories best. This was another good one though. The detailed war description as the start was excellent, showing the comradeship and horror of war (its not long if you dont like that sort of thing) and sets up our wounded hero. Marietta's personal history is unusual and lends a differnet slant on heroine status. They get together (it is a romance) but its the surrounding character...more
Stephanie
I'm giving this 3.5 stars. I think it was a cute book and a fast read. I adored Livvie and you rarely see writers put people with special needs in books. I also loves Charlie, as for the main characters I did love them. It was also refreshing not to see conflict after conflict thrown at this couple.
Donna
I thoroughly enjoyed this! There were parts of the plot that I found a little implausible, but that didn't stop me from liking it. I thought both Jack and Marietta were delightful and was really touched by the way the author included part dealing with Down's Syndrome.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men Out of Uniform
Marie Jermy
Ms Nelson never fails to deliver.
Lea
Feb 09, 2013 Lea marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-to-buy
Men out of uniform - Book 11
Angie
Angie added it
Jul 13, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Yoko
Yoko marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Lena
Lena marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Catie
Catie marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Double Dare Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1) The Player The Specialist The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)