Start by marking “The Keeper” as Want to Read:
The Keeper

The Keeper (Men Out of Uniform #11)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  11 reviews
*CONFIDENTIAL*Ranger Security Case File #1877Name: Jackson Oak Martin, a man as strong and steady as his name implies.
Case: Tracking down a Butter Bandit
Agent note: This case is gonna sizzle…

On the surface, it seems like an almost ridiculous assignment. A thief has been breaking into pastry chef Mariette Levine's shop. And the only thing taken? Organic butter. But one ni
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #664, 224 pages
Published February 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Keeper

Tammie
Favorite Quote
Mariette said: "Are you married?"
That certainly came out of left field. Hadn't they covered this? In a roundabout way, at least? "No."
"Ever been married?"
"No."
"Then who trained you?"
He blinked. "Come again?"
"You just got up from the table, rinsed your plate and loaded it into the dishwasher. That's learned behavior. It's not normal for your kind."
What a surprise read! I loved so much about this book. The characters are all heart-warming and put a constant smile on my face. It was n
Nicole
First off already loved the book because the heroine Mariette owns a bakery. This was a very hot book, but it had moments when tears welled up. It had my emotions going. I'm happy that Jack got the closure he needed at the end. Without giving too much away I'm happy to see one character get a second chance and realize that people around had his back.
Saly
Decent book in this series, it's predictable but I enjoy this series, former Army ranger starting life afresh and falling in love.
Cathy Beckett
Really enjoyed this installment in Men Out of Uniform series. Since Mariette's introduction in the first book I wanted to see her story. I was not disappointed.

Her hero, Jackson Oak Martin, was absolutely gorgeous. I loved how Nelspn brought this former Army Ranger's story to the forefront. He was slightly flawed from his injury suffered in the line of fire.

Would definitely recommend this quick, fun read.
Kimaya Mathew
I loved Dillon and Livvie's love story though the story was about Jack and Mariette. Marriette is a sweet heart and I definitely fell for the latter character rather than the main one.
Wow!
Suze
I like Rhonda Nelson's stories and like the Ranger Security series too - though I probably prefer the three original stories best. This was another good one though. The detailed war description as the start was excellent, showing the comradeship and horror of war (its not long if you dont like that sort of thing) and sets up our wounded hero. Marietta's personal history is unusual and lends a differnet slant on heroine status. They get together (it is a romance) but its the surrounding character ...more
Stephanie
I'm giving this 3.5 stars. I think it was a cute book and a fast read. I adored Livvie and you rarely see writers put people with special needs in books. I also loves Charlie, as for the main characters I did love them. It was also refreshing not to see conflict after conflict thrown at this couple.
Donna
I thoroughly enjoyed this! There were parts of the plot that I found a little implausible, but that didn't stop me from liking it. I thought both Jack and Marietta were delightful and was really touched by the way the author included part dealing with Down's Syndrome.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Men Out of Uniform
Marie Jermy
Ms Nelson never fails to deliver.
Lea
Feb 09, 2013 Lea marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-to-buy
Men out of uniform - Book 11
Maaike
Maaike marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Kjeasley13gmail.com
Kjeasley13gmail.com marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Snehamundhra
Snehamundhra marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Melanie Pyon
Melanie Pyon marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Leona Swanson
Leona Swanson marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Florenciia
Florenciia marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Jules
Jules is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Born Ready
  • Blazing Midsummer Nights
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Choose Me
  • Not Just Friends
  • Coming Up For Air
  • Sex, Lies and Midnight (Undercover Operatives, #2)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Long Road Home (Sons of Chance, #7)
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Once Upon a Valentine: All Tangled Up\Sleeping with a Beauty\Catch Me
  • High Octane
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)

Men Out of Uniform (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Player
  • The Renegade
  • The Wild Card
  • The Survivor
  • The Phoenix
Double Dare Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1) The Player The Specialist The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)