Start by marking “Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew” as Want to Read:
Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew

Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In this compelling book, Frank Viola (author of "From Eternity to Here," "Revise Us Again," "Jesus Manifesto," and "Reimagining Church") delivers a breathtaking and powerful portrait of the greatness of Jesus Christ, one that stands in sharp contrast to the tired and familiar way that He is presented in many Christian circles today.

"Epic Jesus" invites readers to see their
Published November 1st 2011 by Present Testimony Ministry

To ask other readers questions about Epic Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Epic Jesus

Bigpicture
Excellent read. Frank Viola is to his generation what T. Austin Sparks was to his. This volume is a beautiful introduction to the message of Colossians. It's short, but packs a punch!
Surabaya BookClub
Very to the point, clear and easy to read. A very interesting way to present the MOST High who humble Himself to redeem the lost humanity.
Renee
Powerful talk transcribed. I liked the audio better which can be found on the author's podcast. http://ptmin.podbean.com
Robert
Excellent though short

I enjoyed it while it lasted. I'd recommend it for a (very) quick read, but don't expect it to last more than 3 hours.
Diane
First, this is a very short "book." That said, it packs a punch, with a compelling--and succinct--line of reasoning. The main reason I gave it three stars is that the conclusion of the book says, "So how do you make this practical? Go to the next page to find out..." The next page, titled Epilogue, is a promotion for his other books. I don't like that: it's manipulative, and just seems wrong to me, after focusing on the character of Jesus, to be so crass, so unlike Jesus.
Ruben
If you've read any of Franks other books, this one isn't that different. You'll readily understand the thread throughout the read. I felt like I was reading all of his other books in a condensed version. If you've never read any of his books, then I would encourage you to read this one first. If I were a first time reader, I would've given it the full five stars.
James
Short e-book based on a sermon from Frank Viola. Picks up similar themes as Jesus Manifesto and focuses on a Colossians. Great reflection on how Christ's supremacy shapes how we live, yet really short. More of a pamphlet than a book.
Michael Clevenger
This is a sermon that Frank gave at the 2011 Momentum Conference and is incredible. So high in Christology that I cried on my bus ride from Cambodia to Vietnam. So rich and so good. Stop on iTunes and pick up the podcast!

Michael
Justin
Good sermon, but way too short to charge as an e-book. Good content though and a good summary of his theology.
Vic Cameron
Well, just didn't realise it was so short! Feel a bit cheated to be honest
Ze Ginger Queen
Ze Ginger Queen marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Randall Hartman
Randall Hartman marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Pearl Co
Pearl Co marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Deborah Crowe
Deborah Crowe marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jason
Jason added it
Jan 14, 2015
Gideon Loots
Gideon Loots marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Chris Brown
Chris Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Caleb
Caleb is currently reading it
Aug 11, 2014
Lura Jane
Lura Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014

FROM ETERNITY TO HERE
REIMAGINING CHURCH
PAGAN CHRISTIANITY
THE UNTOLD STORY OF THE NT CHURCH

You can learn more about these books and see more reader reviews at

Join my interactive blog at http://frankviola.org.

Join me on Linked
More about Frank Viola...
Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices Reimagining Church: Pursuing the Dream of Organic Christianity From Eternity to Here: Rediscovering the Ageless Purpose of God The Untold Story of the New Testament Church: An Extraordinary Guide to Understanding the New Testament God's Favorite Place on Earth