Start by marking “Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew” as Want to Read:
Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew

Epic Jesus: The Christ You Never Knew

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  101 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In this compelling book, Frank Viola (author of "From Eternity to Here," "Revise Us Again," "Jesus Manifesto," and "Reimagining Church") delivers a breathtaking and powerful portrait of the greatness of Jesus Christ, one that stands in sharp contrast to the tired and familiar way that He is presented in many Christian circles today.

"Epic Jesus" invites readers to see their
Published November 1st 2011 by Present Testimony Ministry

To ask other readers questions about Epic Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Epic Jesus

Bigpicture
Nov 30, 2015 Bigpicture rated it really liked it
Excellent read. Frank Viola is to his generation what T. Austin Sparks was to his. This volume is a beautiful introduction to the message of Colossians. It's short, but packs a punch!
Greg Dill
Sep 19, 2015 Greg Dill rated it it was ok
Quite frankly I am disappointed that I paid $3.99 for a 25-page book. If I would have known this was only 25 pages, I likely would not have purchased it. But, since I purchased this book on my Kindle I really had no way of knowing this. Apparently this is only a transcript of a talk Viola gave at some conference a few years ago. Nevertheless, the message was decent, but nothing life-changing or earth-shattering. A brief commentary on Colossians 1. The overall premise is that God is in Christ, an ...more
Surabaya BookClub
Feb 08, 2014 Surabaya BookClub rated it it was amazing
Very to the point, clear and easy to read. A very interesting way to present the MOST High who humble Himself to redeem the lost humanity.
Renee
Jul 30, 2012 Renee rated it it was amazing
Powerful talk transcribed. I liked the audio better which can be found on the author's podcast. http://ptmin.podbean.com
Robert
Apr 14, 2014 Robert rated it really liked it
Excellent though short

I enjoyed it while it lasted. I'd recommend it for a (very) quick read, but don't expect it to last more than 3 hours.
Diane
First, this is a very short "book." That said, it packs a punch, with a compelling--and succinct--line of reasoning. The main reason I gave it three stars is that the conclusion of the book says, "So how do you make this practical? Go to the next page to find out..." The next page, titled Epilogue, is a promotion for his other books. I don't like that: it's manipulative, and just seems wrong to me, after focusing on the character of Jesus, to be so crass, so unlike Jesus.
Ruben
Oct 31, 2013 Ruben rated it liked it
If you've read any of Franks other books, this one isn't that different. You'll readily understand the thread throughout the read. I felt like I was reading all of his other books in a condensed version. If you've never read any of his books, then I would encourage you to read this one first. If I were a first time reader, I would've given it the full five stars.
James
Nov 18, 2011 James rated it liked it
Shelves: colossians
Short e-book based on a sermon from Frank Viola. Picks up similar themes as Jesus Manifesto and focuses on a Colossians. Great reflection on how Christ's supremacy shapes how we live, yet really short. More of a pamphlet than a book.
Michael Clevenger
This is a sermon that Frank gave at the 2011 Momentum Conference and is incredible. So high in Christology that I cried on my bus ride from Cambodia to Vietnam. So rich and so good. Stop on iTunes and pick up the podcast!

Michael
Justin
Feb 16, 2012 Justin rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-2012
Good sermon, but way too short to charge as an e-book. Good content though and a good summary of his theology.
Vic Cameron
Mar 02, 2013 Vic Cameron rated it it was ok
Well, just didn't realise it was so short! Feel a bit cheated to be honest
Jake Glover
Jake Glover marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Lorraine Loria
Lorraine Loria marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Robert Gaddis
Robert Gaddis rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Mark Turner
Mark Turner marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Anthony Golden
Anthony Golden marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Bri Norton
Bri Norton marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Liz Marko
Liz Marko marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Fabio
Fabio rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2016
Blair
Blair marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Denis Ivaschenko
Denis Ivaschenko marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Jeff Mclain
Jeff Mclain rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Dan Barnes
Dan Barnes rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Lisa Andrews
Lisa Andrews marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Val
Val rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Spaz
Spaz marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Phill Edmundson
Phill Edmundson rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Mark Perkins
Mark Perkins marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
  • The Jesus Creed: Loving God, Loving Others
  • Experiencing God Through Prayer
  • Foolishness to the Greeks: The Gospel and Western Culture
  • Simply Jesus: A New Vision of Who He Was, What He Did, and Why He Matters
  • Chronological Study Bible: Explore God's Word In Historical Order- New King James Version (NKJV)
  • The Forgotten Trinity
  • Love and Respect / Love and Respect Workbook 2-1
  • Mission in the Old Testament: Israel as a Light to the Nations
  • Activate: An Entirely New Approach to Small Groups

Hi Friends. I write books that seek to make the Bible come alive and throw fresh light on old or neglected subjects.

Here are my published books:

THE DAY I MET JESUS
REIMAGINING CHURCH
PAGAN CHRISTIANITY
FINDING ORGANIC CHURCH
THE UNTOLD STORY OF THE NT CHURCH

You can learn more about these books a
More about Frank Viola...

“You will never understand Jesus by looking at the God of the Old Testament. You must first look at Jesus and then you will understand the God of the Old Testament.” 0 likes
“Jesus Christ is God’s rule. And Jesus Christ is God’s presence. Wherever Christ is, there is the kingdom.” 0 likes