Start by marking “Potevka's Gifts” as Want to Read:
Potevka's Gifts

Potevka's Gifts

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Mike Ramsdell is a great story teller; a proven fact based on the huge success of his best-selling book, A Train to Potevka, and his popularity as a keynote speaker.

This collection of short stories is based primarily upon his experiences as an author and speaker since Potevka was released. With humor, heart, and honesty, there is something for everyone contained within the
Published November 10th 2011 by Brigham Distributing

To ask other readers questions about Potevka's Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potevka's Gifts

Abby
Nov 22, 2011 Abby is currently reading it
I met this author yesterday. He also wrote "Train to Potevka" a book that I read one year ago and LOVED. Like, loved loved loved. I know there were punctuation errors, I know he's not a professional write (he's a professional spy, duh - and professional awesome guy), but I just re-read my review I wrote last year and remembered that I read the book within 24 hours flat. I totally ignored my children. (Truthfully I ignore them sometimes to watch my favorite TV show as well, but this was like the ...more
Kaylynn
What an awesome book loved this as an interim book between the train to Potevka and Russia rags and riches - spies and lies. The collection of stories is very good, Especially the one about the wolf, and I loved the one about visiting Washington state as well. I love the emotion and patriotism he imbues all of his stories with. Definitely should consider picking up this book about his real life experiences with being a spy.
Mary Jane
My heart gives this 5 stars. It isn't near as good as his first book, but this book is wonderful and I'm happy to own it. It is more Bout getting to know the author more. Train to Potevka makes the author so endearing...you want to know more about his wife and him. That is what this book is. I enjoyed it. I didn't want to out it down, but it doesn't have the story to make is an amazing book.
Terrie
Mike reflects on the circumstances that attributed to his rising fame as a writer. I loved his book TRAIN TO POTEVKA, in which he tells of his experiences as a CIA double agent in Russia. This book was ok, but it was definately written for the LDS audience, or at least those very familiar with the church. If you loved TRAIN then you will want to read this one as well.
Alissa
If you've read A Train to Potevka and liked it, you'll enjoy this one. It gives more insight into the life of the author. I also enjoyed reading the chapter on my father-in-law. It was an experience I hadn't heard about before.
Jacquelyn
This is a great collection of stories by Mike Ramsdell. Funny and heart warming. I couple of the stories were redundant (from earlier stories) they did make their point in the end, but it seemed they could have been combined in some way. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for his next Potevka book and the movie.
Lynn Diane
Apr 05, 2013 Lynn Diane rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Lynn Diane by: a couple of friends
I went into this book not expecting to like it much. It did not disappoint me. The stories were a self-righteous and self serving. I won't go into detail regarding its religiosity. I'll just say it had too much, and leave it at that.
Wendy
The author writes about the journey of writing his book "Train to Potevka" and other experiences in his life. It was kind of repetitive and would be interesting to his family as a memoir but not exactly universal in its application.
Jewel
A collection of short stories based on some experiences that had a strong influence on the author's life, some of which happened while he was in the Secret Service. He is a good story teller.
Gigi
There was some redundancy when the author would refer to his first book, but that was aunderstandable for those who hadn't read it. I enjoyed this book, and am looking forward to his next one.
Tess
Although a few interesting stories, for the most part I felt like this was a book of self-serving ramblings.
Lynda
Interesting side lights of things that have happened since his first novel. Good chapter on Self Publishing.
Sheila  Summerhays
Not as exciting as his first book, still worth the reading time. Many one-liner ideas that I will remember.
Jessica
Interesting snippets of life experiences from the author of a book I read. It was an enjoyable quick read.
Julie
This guy has been through quite a bit... can't wait for Train to Potevka movie.
Lonna
Can't wait for his movie! Love the book.
Donna
His ego gets in the way of his writing.
Vicki
Vicki is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2014
Sandra Nixon
Sandra Nixon marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nicole Watson
Nicole Watson marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Tawnee
Tawnee added it
Mar 17, 2014
Ann
Ann added it
Feb 21, 2014
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Suzan Parker
Suzan Parker marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013