Start by marking “Potevka's Gifts” as Want to Read:
Potevka's Gifts

Potevka's Gifts

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Mike Ramsdell is a great story teller; a proven fact based on the huge success of his best-selling book, A Train to Potevka, and his popularity as a keynote speaker.

This collection of short stories is based primarily upon his experiences as an author and speaker since Potevka was released. With humor, heart, and honesty, there is something for everyone contained within the
Published November 10th 2011 by Brigham Distributing

To ask other readers questions about Potevka's Gifts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Potevka's Gifts

Abby
Nov 22, 2011 Abby is currently reading it
I met this author yesterday. He also wrote "Train to Potevka" a book that I read one year ago and LOVED. Like, loved loved loved. I know there were punctuation errors, I know he's not a professional write (he's a professional spy, duh - and professional awesome guy), but I just re-read my review I wrote last year and remembered that I read the book within 24 hours flat. I totally ignored my children. (Truthfully I ignore them sometimes to watch my favorite TV show as well, but this was like the ...more
Kaylynn
Jan 27, 2012 Kaylynn rated it it was amazing
What an awesome book loved this as an interim book between the train to Potevka and Russia rags and riches - spies and lies. The collection of stories is very good, Especially the one about the wolf, and I loved the one about visiting Washington state as well. I love the emotion and patriotism he imbues all of his stories with. Definitely should consider picking up this book about his real life experiences with being a spy.
Mary Jane
Sep 17, 2012 Mary Jane rated it liked it
My heart gives this 5 stars. It isn't near as good as his first book, but this book is wonderful and I'm happy to own it. It is more Bout getting to know the author more. Train to Potevka makes the author so endearing...you want to know more about his wife and him. That is what this book is. I enjoyed it. I didn't want to out it down, but it doesn't have the story to make is an amazing book.
Terrie
Nov 17, 2011 Terrie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Mike reflects on the circumstances that attributed to his rising fame as a writer. I loved his book TRAIN TO POTEVKA, in which he tells of his experiences as a CIA double agent in Russia. This book was ok, but it was definately written for the LDS audience, or at least those very familiar with the church. If you loved TRAIN then you will want to read this one as well.
Alissa
Mar 27, 2012 Alissa rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
If you've read A Train to Potevka and liked it, you'll enjoy this one. It gives more insight into the life of the author. I also enjoyed reading the chapter on my father-in-law. It was an experience I hadn't heard about before.
Jacquelyn
Jun 13, 2012 Jacquelyn rated it really liked it
This is a great collection of stories by Mike Ramsdell. Funny and heart warming. I couple of the stories were redundant (from earlier stories) they did make their point in the end, but it seemed they could have been combined in some way. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for his next Potevka book and the movie.
Lynn Diane
Apr 05, 2013 Lynn Diane rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Lynn Diane by: a couple of friends
I went into this book not expecting to like it much. It did not disappoint me. The stories were a self-righteous and self serving. I won't go into detail regarding its religiosity. I'll just say it had too much, and leave it at that.
Wendy
Mar 23, 2012 Wendy rated it it was ok
The author writes about the journey of writing his book "Train to Potevka" and other experiences in his life. It was kind of repetitive and would be interesting to his family as a memoir but not exactly universal in its application.
Jewel
Jun 10, 2012 Jewel rated it liked it
A collection of short stories based on some experiences that had a strong influence on the author's life, some of which happened while he was in the Secret Service. He is a good story teller.
Gigi
Aug 03, 2012 Gigi rated it liked it
There was some redundancy when the author would refer to his first book, but that was aunderstandable for those who hadn't read it. I enjoyed this book, and am looking forward to his next one.
Tess
Mar 26, 2012 Tess rated it it was ok
Although a few interesting stories, for the most part I felt like this was a book of self-serving ramblings.
Lynda
Jul 13, 2012 Lynda rated it really liked it
Interesting side lights of things that have happened since his first novel. Good chapter on Self Publishing.
Sheila  Summerhays
May 28, 2012 Sheila Summerhays rated it really liked it
Not as exciting as his first book, still worth the reading time. Many one-liner ideas that I will remember.
Jessica
Mar 12, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Interesting snippets of life experiences from the author of a book I read. It was an enjoyable quick read.
Julie
May 01, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
This guy has been through quite a bit... can't wait for Train to Potevka movie.
Lonna
Feb 05, 2012 Lonna rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for his movie! Love the book.
Donna
Mar 21, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok
His ego gets in the way of his writing.
Bruce
Bruce marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Corie
Corie rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Allee
Allee marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Brenda B
Brenda B marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Evelyn R
Evelyn R marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Merna Conover
Merna Conover marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Megan
Megan added it
Jul 25, 2015
Ninalyn
Ninalyn marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015