Start by marking “A Regelence Christmas (Sci-Regency, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
A Regelence Christmas (Sci-Regency, #1.1)

A Regelence Christmas (Sci-Regency #1.1)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  426 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A Sci-Regency series short story, featuring Raleigh and Steven.

__________
Word Count: 3,759
Status: Complete
Published December 28th 2007 by J.L. Langley

To ask other readers questions about A Regelence Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Regelence Christmas

Blame It on the Mistletoe by Eli EastonSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerUnwrapping Hank by Eli EastonThe Christmas Throwaway by R.J. ScottLet It Snow by Heidi Cullinan
M/M CHRISTMAS Books
64th out of 146 books — 178 voters
Captive Prince by C.S. PacatPrince's Gambit - Captive Prince by C.S. PacatThe Magpie Lord by K.J. CharlesA Case of Possession by K.J. CharlesMy Fair Captain by J.L. Langley
Gay Romance Featuring Royalty/Nobility
47th out of 274 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Ingela
Written December 15, 2013

3.4 Stars - for a smexy Christmas shorty about the lovely royal couple on Regelence

A short little mini story (8 pages) about two of the men (Prince Aiden's parents) from My Fair Captain (my review).

It's Christmas time and King Steven and his consort Raleigh (Cony) are in their lift to go down to town to shop some Christmas presents for all their sons and loved ones.
 photo image_zps64878da2.jpg

‘Steven licked along the shell of his ear before nipping the lobe. “Mmm.. That’s my Cony, body is willing,
Richard Reviles Censorship Always in All Ways
Rating: 3.5* of five

Christmas dad-sex in the distant future. Set on a planet in the human diaspora whereon mansex meets a social contract based on Regency England, the series is a simple pleasure for me.
Deeze
Not really what I was hoping for despite the start. Just a typical excuse to write a one off sex scene.
Shelby
Ok well that was all kinds of wonderful. I really enjoyed getting a chance to read a lovely little interlude between Raleigh and Stephen. I've enjoyed them and their partnership in everyone of the Sci-Regency novels so far, but it was great to get to see the two of them off on their own escaping away from the trouble that is their children.

It's Christmas time and Stephen's convince Raleigh that they need to go out and do a bit of shopping. Raleigh can barely stand to leave the castle as he's con
Beck
This is a sweet 5 minute read about a Christmas interlude between Stephen & Raleigh. Although it was cute, I would love to read a full-length novel with their early romance and marriage as the main focus. This story obviously needs to be polished & edited as there are some glaring errors & a bit of a time paradox too. As it's free, I'm happy to overlook these niggles.

Whilst I was tracking this story down, I did find another short which seems to fit between A Regelence Christmas &
Kukko
Main Characters: Raleigh and Steven
Key Themes: Established Couple, Holidays
Location: Townsend Property, Regelence

Super short story (8 pgs) featuring Raleigh and Steven, monarchs of the Regelence empire and Aiden’s (one of the main characters of My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1) by J.L. Langley) parents.

There is not much to this free story – Raleigh and Stephen sneak off for some “nookie” on the night of Christmas Eve.

It’s sweet, a bit awkward, and it’s over really quickly!
Daesy
Emy
This is a short story featuring Raleigh and Steven.

It's sweet and sexy, with a Christmas theme. You can really tell how much the two of them love each other, and the whole story gave me warm fuzzies. Raleigh was one of my favourite characters in My Fair Captain so it was really nice to get a peek into his head.

Once again, J.L. Langley surprised me with her humour. I just love a sexy story that can make me laugh and smile as well.

Highly recommended.
Trea
A Regelence Christmas is an extremely short Christmas story featuring the parents found in My Fair Captain. While it is mostly a sex scene, this story showcases the love that the two men have for one another and their devotion to their duties and sons. While it is not necessary to read this story prior to The Englor Affair, reading it does enhance the overall story line seen within the series. Would have liked to see much more than this brief story, thus the removal of one star from my rating.
Elizabetta
Read for the M/M Bingo challenge:

Reading these bass-ackwards but they are fun vignettes. So, Raleigh and Steven are married and have two rambunctious kids; but they manage to secret themselves away to a cozy cabin in the woods for a little alone time in between Christmas shopping. This is a sweet, sexy short and leaves me thinking I have to get to book one in the series (My Fair Captain) to put all these interesting peeps in their place. Oh... and it’s Regency/Sci-fi?...interesting... (there are
Sam
Of all the characters in the Regelence series, Stephen and Raleigh have appealed to me unlike any of the others. This was lovely, although there was little depth to the story. A prequel of when they met would be the perfect addition to this series.
Sophia
After meeting the characters of Steven the King and Raleigh the King Consort, in My Fair Captain, it was delightful to have this story short devoted totally to these men. I really enjoy the family feel these men and their children create in the stories and it was patently obvious that their love for each other is at the core of it all.

In this short that takes place not long after the events in book one, Steven whisks Raleigh away for some much needed alone time. He chooses their honeymoon cabin
Andrea
I find Steven and Raleigh interesting. I enjoyed getting a glimpse into their lives and their relationship.
Rissa
This was a nice glimpse of Steven and Raleigh! <3

I want more, lol! :)
Alvin
Sweet...

Steven and Raleigh's Christmas getaway... Nice! :D
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
This story is only ten pages so it's not like I was expecting much. It was cute and sweet but the sex was boring. It was ten times better than the first book IMHO, but the people who loved the first one won't agree. The MCs in the story are least the only characters I liked from the first book.

2.5 rounded up because it was pretty cute and well done for such a short story
Heather
Aug 06, 2013 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
It was a fun short piece about Steven and Raleigh.
A holiday short story, who needs to shop for presents when you can have a magical ex case from the kids with the one you love?

I liked seeing them in My Fair Captain, but this gives you a glimpse into their ever lasting passion after 25 years of marriage.

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Wowza, this is a hot little piece. I love this series and this little freebie will warm up any m/m lover's Christmas. The sex was hot! The characters are well known and beloved. This is a 3.5 star for me. Love when when we get glimpses of Steven and Raleigh's life together w/o the kids.
Annelise L'Estrange
This was HOT.

(view spoiler)

Loved it!
Jilly
A quick read in which Steven gets Raleigh to leave the boys at home under the pretense of going Christmas shopping, but actually takes him to the cabin where they spent their wedding night. Not too much plot here, but some hot smexin.
Emily
This was a cute little read about Raleigh and Steven, which I greatly enjoyed. You get to know a little more about them and their first night together. It's romantic and sexy, and my only regret is that it wasn't longer.
Scarlett
I struggled with this because I never really connected with Steven and Raleigh as characters. There wasn't really anything *wrong* with it though - just not for me. I still love the rest of the series!
Tamela
It was great reading about Steven and Raleigh. I love the kids, but it's nice to see how the parents are still so in love. Do we get a story about how they met and fell in love?

Recommended!!!
Kyo
somehow almost all of the pairings Ms. Langley's are my favourite ! xD
Christy Loves 2 Read
So great to read a short story with just Steven and Raleigh!
Leeanne Bower
Leeanne Bower marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
  • The Sentinel
  • Deliberately Unbound (Bound, #2.5)
  • Gravitational Attraction
  • Tattoos & Tinsel (Tattoos, #2)
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
  • KLT23
  • The Degan Incident (Galactic Conspiracies, #1)
  • Getting It Right (Life Lessons, #1.8)
  • Close Encounters
  • Zero Hour - A Dystopian Adventure
  • An Uncommon Whore (An Uncommon Whore #1)
  • Outcast Mine
  • Unscheduled Maintenance
  • Just Jory (A Matter of Time #5.5)
  • Stranded by Lies
  • Aklesh
  • Off World (Off World, #1)
1202850
JL has been talking since she was about seven months old. To those who know her it comes as no surprise, in fact, most will tell you she hasn’t shut up since. At eighteen months, she was speaking in full sentences. Imagine if you will the surprise of her admirers when they complimented her mother on “what a cute little boy” she had and received a fierce glare from said little boy and a very loud c ...more
More about J.L. Langley...

Sci-Regency (3 books)
  • My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1)
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • My Regelence Rake (Sci-Regency #3)
The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1) Without Reservations (With or Without #1) With Caution (With or Without, #2) My Fair Captain (Sci-Regency #1) With Love (With or Without, #0.5)