Start by marking “Heaven Is Not My Home” as Want to Read:
Heaven Is Not My Home

Heaven Is Not My Home

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The clear azure sky was dotted with billowing clouds. Majestic mountains rose above the horizon. The sun set dramatically beyond ocean waves while dolphins danced across the water. God saw these things, and called them good. Then a snake spoke, a fruit core dropped to the ground...and we've been getting farther and farther from Eden ever since.

Today smog hugs city air. Ch

Published February 17th 2001 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 10th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Is Not My Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Is Not My Home

John Rabe
Apr 09, 2008 John Rabe rated it liked it
Because rapture-obsessed modern Christianity is caught up in the idea of going to Heaven, it misses the manifest biblical teaching that the resurrection points to a future, redeemed life here on Earth. Because God is redeeming the creation, which will be consummated when Christ returns, earthly (which is not the same as worldly) work and activity is important and eternal.

A necessary antidote to the pervasive airy-fairy, gnostic picture of the eternal state.
Wesley Strebeck
Dec 10, 2012 Wesley Strebeck rated it really liked it
great intro that helps flesh out a kind of neocalvinistic worldview. great read for folks trying to see what some of those implications might be.
John Henry
Nov 19, 2015 John Henry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
To be on mission in this world, we must have a full love of the world. If you sing, "turn your eyes upon Jesus"...and... "the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of his glory and grace," are you turning your away from the creation God loves? We were created to be on this planet. Marshall shows how to love God and love our neighbor in this world, something we need to do in order to be on mission in the world.
Mike Jorgensen
Feb 15, 2015 Mike Jorgensen rated it liked it
Love the title and the concept but it didn't go as deep as I'd like it to. It kind of pecks around the surface of a very big issue and as a result is only ok.
Nolan Andrew Croce
Oct 28, 2015 Nolan Andrew Croce rated it liked it
Not sure if I agree with all of Marshall's philosophy but it is a very eye opening discussion.
Jason Haynes
Feb 14, 2010 Jason Haynes rated it liked it
A solid survey of how God's grand redemptive story influences how we live in the here and now. A great introduction that will lead the reader to further explore the cultural mandate and the eschatological implications of the holistic Gospel.
Rylan McQuade
Oct 29, 2009 Rylan McQuade rated it liked it
Some very good points, some mediocre, and a little I disagree with (page 173).
Annie
Aug 08, 2012 Annie marked it as to-read
Shelves: the-end-of-sorts
Recommended by Nancy Pearcey
Jenny Knox
Jenny Knox marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Bart Christensen
Bart Christensen marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Bill
Bill added it
Jan 16, 2016
Carly Robinson
Carly Robinson marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Joe Foltz
Joe Foltz marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Jeff Mclain
Jeff Mclain rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Nikki Collins
Nikki Collins is currently reading it
Oct 14, 2015
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Maryam
Maryam rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Cliff Love
Cliff Love marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2015
Thiago
Thiago marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Corey Hampton
Corey Hampton marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Lauren Jones
Lauren Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Jason Leonard
Jason Leonard marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014