Start by marking “Lost Angel” as Want to Read:
Lost Angel

Lost Angel

Mandasue Heller's brilliant new novel is set in the murky world where crime is almost respectable - until passion ignites a disaster.

Things start going wrong the day Johnny Conroy meets Ruth Hynes. He just wants to show his mates that he can pull hard-man Frankie Hynes' daughter, but before he knows it he is part of the Hynes family. And the Hynes family business, which is
Published March 1st 2012 by Hodder & Stoughton

To ask other readers questions about Lost Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Angel

Lainy
Feb 23, 2012 Lainy rated it it was amazing
Blurb From Goodreads

Combining grit and glamour, this thriller set in Manchester's criminal underworld is a spellbinding story of young love and old scores Many years ago, Johnny Conroy was forced into a shotgun wedding with a Manchester gangster's daughter. He's never even begun to love her, but can't leave without being killed by her vicious father. He turns out to be a success in the car-theft business, with a used car lot that provides both cover and a way to fence the cars. But now his daugh
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
I may or may not be going on a Mandasue Heller book buying binge at the moment...Why does this author have a knack at all of the books that I've read be so hard to put down, I kid you not luckily I have another two books by this author coming soon because I sure will read anything she writes now.

Lost Angel deals with the topic of abortion (which a lot people agree or disagree on) but yeah once again Mandasue Heller uses the nitty-gritty realism of life and crime to her advantage and we get this
Maggie Wilson
Apr 23, 2012 Maggie Wilson rated it it was amazing
Thouroughly brilliant read ! Lost Angel had me awake into the small hours to finish it - fast paced plot that grips the reader, I couldn't put it down! It feels different to read as it is a 'straight through' story without referring back to other incidents or concurrent stories, refreshing for the reader.
I haven't read all Mandasue's work but having read The Driver, I was eager to read her new book and pleasantly suprised by how different it was. I will be catching up with her other work now.
Wi
Vicki - I Love Reading
Really good book, would recommended this to a few friends, Great storyline and great characters to, although i wanted it to go on a little longer and know what the outcome of a few things were, could there be another one........
sarah foster
Feb 02, 2013 sarah foster rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
omg! i absolutlty loved this book, could not put it down storyline
was brilliant and an amazing twist at the end!
deffinatly worth 5*s.
Sharon Jellis
May 05, 2014 Sharon Jellis rated it really liked it
Really liked this book
Kate Hooper
Nov 02, 2016 Kate Hooper rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Up to the authors usual superb page turning excellence. Highly recommended
Best Crime Books & More
Jun 19, 2012 Best Crime Books & More rated it it was amazing
I have read all of Mandasue Heller's books and would definitely consider myself a fan. Having said that I haven't loved every book, it almost seems like I either love it or just don't like it at all. Her last book The Driver I seemed to struggle with but the previous book Two-Faced I loved. With all that in mind I was excited to read her new book but apprehensive to see whether I would like it. Many people over the last few years have compared her to the likes of Martina Cole and this book just ...more
J. Taylor
Jul 27, 2015 J. Taylor rated it it was ok
An good story spoiled by the characters and how outdated it is.

The characters- None are likable, expect Frankie and he died early on so...

Ruth and Rita for the obvious reasons, Rita is a vicious bitch who does nothing but drink and Ruth is nasty and too traditional like seriously there are girls like this? Urgh.
Johnny is a hypocrite beating up Ryan, Frankie never did that to you yet you felt it injust and then you go do worst and everything is just fine? And what evidence showed that he is a g
Nikki-ann
When Johnny Conroy meets Ruth Hynes, his life is turned upside down. He wanted to show his mates that he could pull the daughter of hard-man Frankie Hynes, but things don’t go as planned and he ends up a lot closer to the family than he ever could have imagined. There is no way out.

Stuck in the living hell that is his marriage, Johnny has one thing that he can be thankful for… his sweet and innocent daughter, Angel. The only thing keeping him sane? His secret life…….

This is one of those books wh
Bev Taylor
Dec 23, 2015 Bev Taylor rated it really liked it
johnny is forced into marriage at only 17 years old when his girlfriend announces she is pregnant. her father, frankie insists on marriage - and u dare not defy him

so his future is mapped out but his wife, ruth, then announces she has lost the baby - or was she pregnant?

johnny starts working for frankie and then when the latter has a heart attack and a stroke takes over the business. only he is shocked at what those businesses are

they then have a daughter angel, who at the age of 15 falls in
Min Yee
Apr 30, 2014 Min Yee rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-crime
When the first time I read the synopsis on the back of this book, I feel it's an unusual and interesting story. The plot really grips the reader and I was reluctant to stop reading it. I was really curious to know what will happen next every time I read the book. However, I personally feel most of the characters in the story have a messy life and there are a lot of lies or hidden secrets among them but it's undeniable that the writer is very skilful and the readers are distracted from all these ...more
Neil Dyer
Didn't particularly enjoy reading this book. None of the characters were likeable in any way and the story just went through a rite of passage before being repeated by the next generation. I appreciate that maybe this is what possibly happens in real life, but I want a bit more of a story behind the drifting from one misguided loyalty to the next.
Lucinda Clarkson
Aug 09, 2012 Lucinda Clarkson rated it it was amazing
This book has had me gripped from 1st page to last... and read within 24hours.. just when you think history is repeating its self nd you think you know how its gonna end up.. the twists and turns shock you leaving a happy ending..

this is the first book of this author i have read and will definitely look in to some of her other ones
Lucinda
Mar 11, 2016 Lucinda rated it it was amazing

Angela Maher
I can't say I enjoyed this book. There was a pretty big twist near the end that I didn't see coming, but most of the secrets that were revealed were hinted at enough beforehand to ruin any surprise. Much of the book was fairly bleak and unhappy. I didn't like most of the characters, and nearly gave up on it.
Tammie
Jul 25, 2013 Tammie rated it it was amazing
Wow, i can't get enough of these types of stories and have read all the similar authors and struggling to find same type...but back to the book, a with all her standalone books this was well written with the story twisting that many times you feel like your on a roller coaster, a msut read for any Gangster fans
Denise
May 29, 2015 Denise rated it it was amazing
A brilliant engrossing read with a fantastic plot and great twist to the story. I could not put down & stayed up into the early hours to finish. Lost Angel is a favourite of mine and highly recommended to everyone, definitely a must read book.
Sophie
Jul 09, 2012 Sophie rated it really liked it
First Mandasue book I have read, recommended by my mum. Really enjoyed it, easy reading, flowed well. loved the ending, lots of twists and surprises. Ma recommends The Charmer next.
Karen
Dec 15, 2012 Karen rated it it was ok
An okay book to read on holiday but the characters are somewhat two dimensional and the outcomes unconvincing. I won't bother with more by this author.
ria
Feb 23, 2016 ria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Read

I read this in one day. Love your books Mandasue. I'm going to read all your books in order again.
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2013
Angela Webster
Angela Webster rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2014
Rosie Bowers
Rosie Bowers rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2012
Hazel Searcy
Hazel Searcy rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Geoffrey Shockledge
Geoffrey Shockledge rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
lynn bewick
lynn bewick rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2016
valerie bracegirdle
valerie bracegirdle rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2016
Liebe Wickstrom
Liebe Wickstrom rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2013
David McCrea
David McCrea rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
  • The Schemer
  • Nameless (Ruby Darke #1)
  • Taken
  • Broken Home
  • The Faithless
Mandasue was born in Cheshire and moved to Manchester in 1982. She spent ten years living in the notorious Hulme Crescents which have since become the background to her novels. Not only is she a talented writer, but she has also sung in cabaret and rock groups, seventies soul cover bands and blues jam bands.
More about Mandasue Heller...