Start by marking “Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)” as Want to Read:
Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)

Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen #3)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  2,033 ratings  ·  112 reviews
The only good Secret is a buried Secret.

"Secret McQueen, Book 3"

Published March 6th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Deep Dark Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Dark Secret

Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
144th out of 621 books — 1,787 voters
Prince of Wolves by Quinn LoftisShiver by Maggie StiefvaterBlood Rites by Quinn LoftisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterNightshade by Andrea Cremer
Werewolves
92nd out of 673 books — 1,003 voters

More lists with this book...

Charlotte
I'm really confused over this series, I like Secret but I've yet to see her do anything, worthy of her badass reputation. she seems to get knocked in the head at the start of every fight and beat her opponent without me realising for a a paragraph or two.

I like Desmond but the author hasn't left much room to move because I don't think I will except her dumping him for another love interest just because he's too nice.

I hate Lucas. I don't feel anything for him and I dont think Secret does either
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally reviewed at http://www.smexybooks.com/2012/03/rev...

Favorite Quote: “Do you kiss you mom with that mouth?”

“No, but I would tell her to go fuck herself with this mouth.”

At the end of A Bloody Good Secret, Secret McQueen killed a tribunal member, which automatically requires her to take the deceased place. Now that she is on the Tribunal, Secret finds herself playing more of an administrative role and being less active in the field. Something she misses very much. With her new supernatu
Jen (Red Hot Books)
You can't see me, but I swear I am gnashing my teeth right now. I am just on the cusp of loving this series. I love Secret... and almost all of the secondary characters. The world building is great. The pacing is good. I like the concept, the plot, the dialogue. But then there is this goddamn love triangle that makes me want to tear apart my nook with my bare hands.

Let's start with the good stuff, though, shall we? As the story begins, we see Secret starting to come into her own as a member of t
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

In the wake of two killer books and two even better novella's, Deep Dark Secret delivers more of the same, an action-packed story staring a top notch heroine. Although this series has managed to maintain its momentum; I'd anticipated something a little different this time around. Sierra's now an all-powerful Tribunal Leader and yet, she finds herself following the same old patterns and assassin ways. I expected something new out of this installment. I suppose that the say
Colette
Originally posted at: A Buckeye Girl Reads
Nobody writes love triangles better then Sierra Dean. Nobody. In honor of that I have written a few letters to the members of the triangle to tell them why they are or aren't my favorite. :)

Dear Lucas,
I know that you are an Alpha male, and honestly you should be my favorite. I have a thing for jerkish alpha males. You are the king of a large territory of the werewolves, and can hold your own with Secret. However, you made me slam my kindle, Martini down
 Rosebud
I've been waiting for this. Strong female heroine. Haven't read this good a premise since Sookie. I'm not sure if this series is sustainable. Characters are not evolving. Too many directions but still a good read.
Claire
I enjoyed most of this book but it's gets a low rating because I hate Secret's relationship with Lucas, he manipulates her into doing things she doesn't want to do (or just does them and without asking her), then guilts her for being 'selfish' enough to think of what she actually wants and whats best for her rather than doing what suits him best and then uses their bond to emotionally manipulate her into agreeing with him (also why is this bond a one way street that makes Secret roll over and ac ...more
Christina
And I'm done with this series. Secret McQueen reads more like a whiny, childish, wannabe Anita Blake. I've yet to see her do anything truly spectacular and she just keeps adding more and more men without really delving into anything remotely emotional with them. She "loves" Desmond (right!), but let's be serious how could she, how could anyone? All he does is stay at her apartment and be emotionally clingy- also he kind of sucks as a bodyguard (seeing as how she almost dies every book- just sayi ...more
Pamela / SpazP
Secret McQueen is back in her Jimmy Choos, and kicking major ass, y’all!

After the events of the previous book, Something Secret This Way Comes, Secret has earned herself a seat on the vampire Tribunal. She has staked and clawed her way to the top, proving she is the biggest baddest b!tch on the block. She is also trying to learn all the social nuances of her role of pack protector, and also consort to Lucas, King of the Eastern wolf pack. As a she tries to balance herself in the world of vampire
Jodie
This book was awesome. I always get a bit of a giggle from the way Secret thinks and speaks. This one was no different. Secret was up to her eyeballs in mysteries to solve and she rocked it & kicked it ass – as per usual, with the sass she is best known for.

In this book, the 3rd, we follow Secret (half vampire and half werewolf) take her place on the Vampire Council and try to give up her hunting. Her wolf and vampire natures are getting closer to the surface and she is desperately trying to
Tam B.
I loved the first 2.5 books of this series. As I got to read them altogether it was fantastic.

This wasn't those books. It was more "were" focused and political in that there were a lot of happenings that were for the result and political gain. I have to say I didn't like the direction. It probably was inevitable but I wonder where we're going to end up come the next book.

Whilst I don't want Secret being the multiple vamp / werewolf partner girl (I'll leave that to LKH/AB). I personally don't wa
Zee1
Full review at http://thesaucywenchesbookclub.blogsp...

*SPOILERS*

I can deal with Lucas Rain being a total asshole. I never liked him. So I'm not surprised by HIS shitty behavior. What I CANNOT STAND is Secret LITERALLY lying down and taking it! W-T-F!? The FORCED mating and the ridiculous proposal! ANY woman with ANY self respect, metaphysical BULLSHIT be damned, would walk over to him and slug him! UGH!

If it weren't for all the Lucas related bullshit I would have LOVED this book. This is the f
Lesley
I love this series and I loved the first two books. That being said, this one didn't quite do it for me. It took a lot of will power to get past the first quarter of the book. The action was lacking, the relationships between Secret and Desmond, and Secret and Lucas, were more aggravating than interesting (and I can get behind some twisted love triangles!). To be honest, the thing that brought me back into the story oddly enough was the Medieval Literature references (I am a nerd for Chaucer).

A
Tiki
I like this series and really enjoyed this latest book. I do recommend starting with book 1 to understand the relationships and circustances. Again, we have good action and interesting plots...and new developments with Secret own abilites. I like that she is a halfling, vampire/werewolf, and all the possibilities it presents. She climbs the ranks in the Were & Vamp worlds and maintains a balance between the two. And strangely enough, I even like her having 2 love interests...the way it's pre ...more
Rafaela
It's a fun read, but I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had found anything in commom with Secret.

I like how Secret is kick ass, but I couldn't care less about her Jimmy Choos or her latest I-feel-bad-but-I-spent-someoneelse's-fortune-anyway-on-..

I also can't really understand her relationship with her two werewolves boyfriends. Official with one, and sleeping with the other? Until I found that it wasn't platonic and she started sleeping with both?

I don't know.. Even Anita Blake didn't lea
Isa Lavinia
What was the deal with the disgusting rape analogy and its subsequent apology? If there's one thing that makes me gag it's reading apologies and justifications for what a rapist has done (and lets be real, it may not have been rape as it's usually defined, but if we did live in a paranormal word that would constitute rape). Now not only has he completely violated her and proved again and again that he's a manipulative waste of sperm, but she's going to marry him?!

I'm reading the next book in hop
Purple Aurion
Aug 30, 2014 Purple Aurion rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal, urban fantasy
Recommended to Purple Aurion by: Amazon
The book starts off with Secret adjusting to her new role as a Tribunal leader. An interesting development is her change in perspective that brings her to chastise a bounty hunter for his ineptitude in front of her peers, Sig and Juan. As she adjusts to her new role as a chair hugging member of the Tribunal she freely admits to realising the change in herself and doesn't like it one bit.

As a Tribunal leader Secret has a lot more responsibility than even she thought and it weighs heavily on her a
Cogito_ergo_sum
The first thing that I really want to bring special attention to is the writing. I want to point out that this is what 1st person POV, should feel like. The voice was refreshing, witty, and realistic. You really feel like the character is talking especially to you, thereby connecting the reader and character together.

Sierra Dean has done a great job weaving the components of writing together: rich in interesting similes, metaphors, and good description. Done in such a way that keeps you interes
Mskychick
This had some great snarkiness, excellent pop culture references, paranormal romance,and a great UF heroine. What's not to love?!

Favorite quotes:
There were two chesty brunettes pressed against him, one writhing on his lap in a slow, sensuous lap dance while the other sipped from a martini glass before leaning in to kiss him and letting the alcohol dribble from her mouth into his. Yeesh. “Genevieve sent you?” he asked after swallowing the girl’s backwash.

Sometimes the best threats are only heard
Kat Klein
Okay, so in book 3 Secret has joined the ranks of the Tribunal Council. She's not terribly happy about it either, since it's removed her outlet for her monsters. She's no longer 'allowed' to hunt rogues, and in fact has bodyguards. Or at least one, since she keeps ditching the rest.

When she gets a request from Holden's maker to help her lover find a missing niece she gets to stretch her chops a bit. Maybe even a bit more than she wanted to.

Add in the smarmy ex who broke her heart prior to the se
Per Gunnar
The 3rd instalment in the Secret McQueen series do not really bring any surprises. It continued the story in the same style as it has begun. That of course means a good dose of blood splattered action as well as some carnal pleasures. Unfortunately it also means that Secret cannot see a good-looking male person without getting somewhat distracted which is rather annoying.

In general it is the same light and enjoyable reading that made me continue with this book series. Apart from another supernat
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Deep Dark Secret begins with us getting to Secret at her new job. She is now one of the leaders of the Tribunal. And she has to give out directions to people. Not only that but Lucas is getting impatient about their relationship, and maybe a little jealous as well. He does something that makes Secret very upset, and continues to do things to basically use her as well. Then there is Desmond who loves Secret but also knows how life is going to be soon... N
Krystien
Yeah I couldn't even finish reading this book i just didn't care. She's the queen of the wolves and one of the leaders of the vamps, yet no one questions what the hell is going on? COME ON PEOPLE! the author just chooses to ignore the most common sense things. Seriously, no one would ask why is this girl a leader on both?, blowing her secret. Whatever what a huge disappointment. After a decent first novel and just downhill work from there, I am never reading anything by this author again. So gla ...more
Piseog
Again, this book wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed it. It had an exciting storyline and I loved all the character and relationship stuff. The werewolf triangle is actually alot more compelling than any old love triangle. It's fascinating to read about a girl in love with one guy, but has to marry another guy and everyone in this weird 3-person relationship is aware of it all. I do hate what Lucas did in this book. I like him less and less with each book. Desmond is amazing and I really like Ho ...more
Salim
Jun 03, 2015 Salim added it

The only good Secret is a buried Secret.

"Secret McQueen, Book 3"

Secret McQueen has hunted vampires, werewolves, and every conceivable supernatural menace-to-society. Seen it all? Not even close. When the queen of the were-ocelots comes to her for help finding a missing girl, the half-vampire/half-werewolf soon realizes how much she has to learn about the things that go bump in the night.

The case of the missing cat is one thing. Pile it up with her new duties as a Tribunal Leader, her tenuous

Ronda
This book is definitely my favourite in the series so far - EPIC!!

I have to say that my dislike of Lucas developed during this book, before, I could kind of live with 'the' situation but after this, well, he's down on my list - however, that's just because of the circumstances with Secret and Desmond... Lucas on his own? HOT HOT HOT!!!

I love Desmond and I love the relationship he has with Secret... another character I'm loving is Dominick, he's fast growing on me!

I loved that this book had a lit
Marsha
Mar 09, 2012 Marsha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult Paranormal Romance Lovers
(3.5 Stars) When I first discovered the Secret McQueen series I was absolutely enthralled. I reacted to the incredible writing of Sierra Dean including the world building, characters, kick butt action scenes and romance. However, there was one thing that bothered me from the start and it still bothers me today. "What?" you might ask. It's the love triangle aspect.

In this edition, Secret is serving on the vampire council and not at all loving it. However, a favor has been asked of Secret from a v
Lisa

This is the 3rd book in the Secret McQueen series but there are also 2 novella that go with this series. I've read then all and everyone has sucked me right in. There is something about these books that grabs a hold of me bythe first chapter and doesn't let me go to the end and i swear the end always sneaks up and hits me smack in the forehead. lol It's like what? what? That's the end? There needs to be more. There is so much going on in these books. It's not really confusing as much as action p
Julie
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

Deep Dark Secret is the third book in Sierra Dean’s Secret McQueen series and it continues to show how well Sierra can write and weave a story.

This is very much an urban fantasy series: you have your kick ass chick in Secret who is half werewolf, half vampire and you follow her from book to book as she hunts down rogue vampires, solves crimes, gets tangled up in situations that are way over her head all the while mingling with not one, not two but three
Yolanda Sfetsos
This series has officially been added to my fave UF series list. I really like Secret, her world, and the complications of her love life.

Secret is a Tribunal Leader now, so she no longer goes out hunting rogue vampires on her own. She's got a new set of responsibilities to deal with on her vampire side, as well as on her werewolf side. No wonder her destiny is split.

Also, if Lucas is going to prove that he's a worthy king, he has to show strength and that includes a union with Secret. Which does
Yea!! 2 13 Mar 16, 2013 01:32PM
  • Bloodrage (Blood Destiny, #3)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • The Isis Collar (Blood Singer, #4)
  • Blood Passage (Blood Destiny, #2)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Something to Curse About (Discord Jones #2)
  • Eventide (Dark Ink Chronicles, #3)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Shiv Crew (Rune Alexander, #1)
  • Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)
  • Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)
3219566
Sierra Dean is a reformed historian. She was born and raised in the Canadian prairies and is allowed annual exit visas in order to continue her quest of steadily conquering the world one city at a time. Making the best of the cold Canadian winters, Sierra indulges in her less global interests: drinking too much tea and writing urban fantasy.

Ever since she was a young girl she has loved the idea of
More about Sierra Dean...

Secret McQueen (8 books)
  • Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Secret Unleashed (Secret McQueen, #6)
  • Cold Hard Secret  (Secret McQueen, #7)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)
Something Secret This Way Comes (Secret McQueen, #1) A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2) Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4) Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5) Secret Santa (Secret McQueen #2.5)

“Love is a beautiful man bearing caffeine.” 4 likes