Teme (La cazadora de sueños, #2)

Teme (Dream Catcher #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  35,577 ratings  ·  2,009 reviews
Para Janie y Cabel la vida real se está poniendo mucho más difícil que los sueños. Ambos están tratando conseguir un poco de tiempo para poder estar juntos (en secreto) pero no están teniendo suerte. Y, por si fuera poco, algo extraño está pasando en el instituto Fieldridge, aunque nadie se atreve a hablar sobre ello. Cuando Janie entra en las violentas pesadillas de una c...more
Published September 2011 by Editorial Everest (first published February 10th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Teme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teme

Kristi
I love this series. I have been waiting to read Fade since I sped through the last few pages of Wake, and I was not disappointed. Everything that I attracted me to the first novel is still there, simplicity of McMann’s writing, quick pace and realistic dialogue.

Fade divulges more about Janie’s ability which was fascinating and unimaginable at the same time. The unique relationship between Janie and Cabel is also taken to a new level.

I usually don’t comment on the content within a novel, but I...more
Tatiana
Second reading of "Fade" confirmed that this second book is the best in the series. Not only does it develop marvelously the relationship between Janie and Cabel (which was a central theme of "Wake"), but it also brings in an excellent mystery story line. The case Cabe and Janie work on in this book is dark and disturbing and the final party scene is remarkable in its intensity and realness.

Now, having read "Gone," the final book in the trilogy, I strongly recommend to stop reading the series a...more
Emily May
How sad and moving is this book? I loved it so much more than its predecessor and the worst thing about is that I am refusing to read the conclusion to the trilogy: Gone. I feel that the stage I am at seems to need some kind of conclusion and I desperately want to read more but, on the other hand, I refuse to ruin a story that has so far held me captivated by its depth of emotion and well-built mysteries with an ending that is mediocre.

And I have read enough reviews by trusted goodreads friends...more
Michael
"Fade" continues the story begun in "Wake" and if you try reading this one first, you're likely to be a little confused.

In "Wake," we met Janie, a girl with the ability to be a dream-catcher. This means she can enter other people's dreams. "Wake" was about Janie coming to terms with her new power. "Fade" is concerned with Janie learning the responsible use of her power and the consequences of being a dream-catcher. It sets up things for a third and final installment of the series that, quite fra...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

As one case closes another one opens. Janie Hannagan returns, this time using her abilities of being swept into a person's dreams to solve a sex scandal at her school.

Several calls have been made on Fieldridge High School's anonymous phone line. Although inaudible at times, the messages result in the assumption that certain faculty members and students at Fieldridge have been fooling around. So Captain and her agents use their...more
Leah
Chichipio
I'm reviewing this one after reading the whole trilogy. There won't be any spoilers but that fact shapes the way I see this book, making me like it more.

This trilogy is short, very short. I'm sure that the word count of the three books added together barely exceeds that of most average length novels. So it's easier for me to think of this trilogy as just one book with three parts. Fade reads like all second parts do in this kind of books—you already have the events and players set up in part one...more
Caris
So how's this for awesome?

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be doing a reading alongside Lisa McMann. Are you excited? I'm excited.

I'm so stoked, 'cause she's amazing.

Take this book, for example. A girl with an uncanny ability to get inside of people's dreams is hired by the local police department to bust a sexual predator in her high school?

Read it, and, if you live in Arizona, come to Evermore Nevermore on June 10 to hear her read. And stay to listen to me talk about eggs and shit for a whi...more
Vania
Lisa McMann blew me away with this second book. I was uncontrollably gripping the book till the last word. Janie's story unravels--literally. She gets into some compromising situations and I was left breathless, panting after--anticipating the outcomes.

I was wonderfully absorbed into Cabel's emotional state. His flaws--his insecurities, history and his want for safety sets him apart and makes him so wonderfully real and lovable. His battle with Janie's actions, her desires and her hopes and drea...more
William
This sequel to McMann's young adult novel "Wake" improves on the former with more focused prose and more attention given to the budding romance between "dream catcher" Janie and her narc-in-hiding boyfriend, Cabel. If there's a third wheel to this relationship, it's the couple's employer, Police Captain Fran Komisky, who serves on occasion as surrogate parental figure and relationship counselor, providing all the well intentioned tough-love you can stand.

The plot itself is fairly uncomplicated b...more
Morgan F
Okay, so I liked this one a tad more than I liked Wake. But only because it actually had some semblance of a plot and the writing was a bit tighter.

If only the plot wasn’t so fucking ridiculous and outlandish. I get that this is a paranormal book, so some disbelief is required, but it is just so far removed from reality.

(view spoiler)...more
Rhiannon Frater
A lot of my criticisms of the book Wake, remain for its sequel. You can read my Wake review here. This is more of a 3.5 than a 4 star.

Beware Spoilers!

The Writing Style

Again, the narrative is in a choppy, odd,staccatoprose that the reader will either enjoy or despise. I personally think it works for this series of books, but there were a few times I arched an eyebrow. Odd random facts are delivered, such as what brand someone is wearing, for no obvious reason. Since the writing-style doesn't len...more
Karin
You should read WAKE before you pick up FADE. You’ll understand the story much better.

My review may be a little vague, but I don’t want to give away any SPOILERS for WAKE.

Janie still has a difficult life. Her mother still drinks and hides in her bedroom to the extent that she doesn’t have any interest in what Janie does. Janie is the adult in house - making sure there are groceries in the house and taking care of the other day to day household chores.

The one bright spot in her life is Cabel. She...more
Selin Kamaş
Tam kıvamında bir kitaptı, yine değişik bir kurgu normal yaşantının zorluklarıyla harmanlanmış, bu da kitabı değerli yapan :))) Özellikle ilk kitaba göre rüya yakalayıcılığıyla ilgili daha fazla şey öğreniyoruz ve ne yalan söyleyeyim Janie'nin bundan sonra ne yapacağını çok merak ediyorum. Yazık kıza :/ Neyse umarım 3.kitabı çabuk okuruz :))
Sarah BT
I read Wake about a month ago and finished Fade not long after, but I've been waiting to post my review. Unlike every other book blogger, I didn't love these books and I wanted to make sure I could express why.
Wake has an interesting premise, but it seems like all the dreams Janie falls into are sex dreams or nightmares that are memories. I thought this was an easy way out. It seemed too easy how the dreams were related to real life-where was the dream interpretation? The hiding spot for a drug...more
Metaspinster
This was my review of Wake (to which Fade is a sequel):

"In some ways, this book reads like it was written by a very, very smart teenager on the older/more mature side, i.e. 17-18, has been in love, and experienced other kinds of deep vulnerability as well--basically like the book's heroine, perhaps in a few years or in a self-reflexive place.

It also reads like good fanfic, in the following ways:

a) written in close third-person present tense, which aligns quite well with the plot/story world's fo...more
Pınar
Dream Catcher serisinin 2. kitabını da bitirmiş bulunuyorum. Bence ilkinden çok daha güzeldi ve sanırım giderek güzelleşen serilerden. Tabi ki bundan ilk kitap kötüydü gibi bir anlam çıkmasın, bazı açılardan daha çok güzelleşmiş.

İlk kitapta Janie'nin durumuna daha çok yoğunlaşmıştı. Eh giriş kitabı olur o kadar. Bu kitapta ise Janie'nin yeteneğinin gizli sırlarını keşfetmesi anlatılırken, aynı zamanda bunu yararlı amaçlar için kullanmaya başlaması var. Cabel gibi o da devlet için gizli görevde ç...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
The Good:
*I loved the little unfinished sentences. That really made the book for me.

*Cable is just a doll and if it were up to me he'd be played by Reid Ewing http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2938641/

*I liked the storyline of this book

*The green notebook explained everything I wanted to know

*And I'm actually pretty curious about the next book

The Bad:
There was lip gloss
*There were geek glasses

*Too much cussing

*Belly condom wrappers

*I had trouble paying attention at parts

*It was like Nancy Drew but with...more
Selin
Kitabı sevdim ilkide güzeldi zaten.değişikti,farklıydı,tuhaftı. Diğerlerinden ayransa uslubuydu, öyle tuvalete gittim bilmemne,yok "defterimi çıkarttm yanına kalemimide koydum ardndanda silgimi yanına koydum sonra kalem yuvarlandı düştü" yada "ah lanet olsun telfonumun şarjı bitti" gibisinden gereksiz ayrntlardan arndrlmış gayet sade ve öz dizi veya film izler gibi okuna bilen polisiye ve gizem yönü ağır insanı rahatsız eden vıcıksı bir aşk olmayan kısacık bir kitaptı,ancak yazarn gelişmesi gere...more
Kat Kennedy
I thoroughly loved this book.

In Fade we see the action and suspense pick up a little more as Cabel and Jennie track down a sexual predator.

The relationship between these two misfits is one of the sweetest I've ever read.

I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to read Gone considering how many are so completely unsatisfied with it, but as it is, Wake and Fade are brilliant.
Sabrina
Layla Bing
Lisa McMann's Fade picks up right where Wake left off. Janie and Cabel are now both working for the Captain as undercover narcs at their high school. This time though, the case involves a secret sex ring that the Captain wants to uncover by using Janie as bait. This naturally upsets her boyfriend Cabel, precipitating an ongoing tension between them that lasts for the rest of the book, uncovering a number of other insecurities along the way. Cabel and Janie's relationship development remains rive...more
Petra Sýkorová
První díl světově oblíbené série jsem si náramně užila. Kniha mě dostala svou syrovostí, emočností a hlavně naprosto ojedinělým stylem vyprávění. Přece jenom se mi do rukou dříve nedostala kniha, která by prostřednictvím krátkých úderných "zápisů" popisovala, co se vlastně událo.

Po všech knihách, kde hrdinky získají nějakou superschopnost, anebo jsou náramně superdůležité, načež jsou nuceny si vybírat ze dvou (někdy i více) nápadníků, je tahle série příjemnou vzpruhou.

Děj druhého dílu se odehr...more
Brandi Salazar
Once again, this was a quick read, taking me only a few short hours to finish, and yet another of McMann's reads that I couldn't put down. So far, three for three.

The basis of the story is, of course, the same considering it's the sequel to Wake. In this second edition Janie is still learning how to handle her dreams, how to control them, pull out of them, etc. But she is noticing some nasty side-effects that she'd rather not face.

Now working for the local police department, helping solve case...more
Amber Skye
Wow. I literally became addicted to this book. I read for hours and hours. I finished Wake a little before lunch and was done with Fade before I went to bed. I just couldn't stop reading.

As I said in my review of the first book in this series, Wake, McMann's writing style is different from most. Concise yet powerful, her words bring life to a story that was just begging to be told. It took me a little while to get used to her writing, but the story was so brilliant that I didn't mind. In a way,...more
Summer
Karlie Grundman
So to start off I would just like to say that this book was spectacular. I love how McMann really took the storyline from "Wake" and not only developed Cabel and Janie's relationship, but also brought in some heavy layers of mystery with the case at school and Janie's new insight on her ability as a Dream Catcher. Also, I honestly love how Janie and Cabel work with agents of some police force, it really brings the tension illustrated in this series to a whole new level.
A lot of the things I w...more
Kristy
So, so, so, so good!!!!! The whole time while reading this, I kept thinking what an awesome movie this would make. One can hope, right?!?!?
The author has a way of writing that is just so easy to read. I just seriously wolfed down this bad boy in one sitting, After the 1st book, I guess I was starving for more. Now, I'm even more enthralled in this series, I can't wait for the next book!

Lisa McMann, you are awesome. This is such a fresh and wonderful series.
Tessa
I'm giving this 2 stars because it was less boring than the first, but still a weak book :( .

Her dream catcher ability had nothing on this case. The only time she uses it is when Stubin tells her what she needs to do. That means she's not even using her powers, is just helped by her connection with the ghost. Her ability had no impact on the story.

She's using the usual YA drama. Couple gets together, misunderstanding, breaking up/almost breaking up, misunderstanding clear, smooch... Caleb was a...more
Meghan Schuyler
I am sorry to say that this book was hardly an improvement from the previous book in the series. I just once again found things too shallow and the characters' actions to be rather nonsensical in several situations. Too many things didn't add up, the writing style is kind of awful, and I don't particularly enjoy the plot-line or characters all too much. There were many grammatical issues, including one instance I cannot wrap my mind around,
"She dozes for an hour, asking herself to figure out th...more
Cabel was a jerk 8 69 Feb 16, 2014 06:21PM
Young Adult Book ...: Fade 10 45 Feb 23, 2012 04:42AM
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Captivate (Need, #2)
  • Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3)
  • The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1)
  • Raven
  • Soulstice (The Devouring, #2)
  • Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2)
  • Betrayal  (Immortal #2)
  • The Chaos (Numbers, #2)
  • The Calling (Sweep, #7)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling paranormal WAKE trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, and the dystopian fantasy series beginning with THE UNWANTEDS. (Book 5, Unwanteds: ISLAND OF SHIPWRECKS, comes out Feb 3, 2015).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamcmann.com, interact with her on Facebook or Twitter, or ask questions and find answ...more
More about Lisa McMann...
Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) Gone (Dream Catcher, #3) The Unwanteds (Unwanteds, #1) Cryer's Cross Dead to You

10 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“There's something about a guy who admits he's a jerk that makes him forgiveable.” 93 likes
“She gets to school late. Bashful gives her a tardy, and won't reconsider.
Janie always hated Bashful.
Stupidest. Dwarf. Ever.”