Lucid Dreams in 30 Days: The Creative Sleep Program

Lucid Dreams in 30 Days: The Creative Sleep Program

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  11 reviews
With this volume you will learn to explore the mysteries of your sleeping self. Beginning with simple steps such as keeping a dream journal to record your dreams, Keith Harary, Ph.D., and Pamela Weintraub take you step-by-step, day-by-day through the lucid dreaming process. You advance to realizing when you are in a dream state, waking up "in" your dreams, and eventually,...more
Published September 15th 1989 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Lucid Dreams in 30 Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucid Dreams in 30 Days

Esteban del Mal
So, Days 1 and 2 are pretty basic. You get yourself a <3Dream Journal<3 with a pen that you're only supposed to use for chronicling your dream experiences. Then you stuff said journal under your pillow and before you go to sleep at night you tell yourself something along the lines of "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, gosh darn it, I'm going to remember my dreams."

Photobucket

Easy, right?

Day 1

Had a dream that I was in Detroit with my family. We were in a part of town somewhere between gentrific...more
Graymond
Lucid dreaming is an entirely attainable skill that can be learned and practiced. There's no mystical mumbo-jumbo involved...just a mastery of certain types of perspective-shifting and meditation.

And lemme tell ya - once you've "woken up" in your dreams, confronted previously scary dream enemies, chosen to fly through the stratosphere or hurl big chunks of buildings through the air with your mind...you'll wonder why you never did this shit sooner.

This book is a relatively straight-forward, pra...more
Jim Razinha
30 days? It's a 30 minute read. Total rubbish. Picked it up out of curiosity, got a chuckle, did a little googling on the mumbo jumbo of "lucid dreaming" - wiki says it's documented to be true (Did you know you were dreaming? Yes. Okay. As we can't really verify that, we'll take your word for it). Psychological BS (yes, that's redundant...), but then what do you expect from a guy who has another book on out of body experiences (spoiler alert: that's at the end of the 30 days...I guess he couldn'...more
Mystical Dog
Has a look at mechanisms hoping to inspire lucid dreaming. Never came anything of me, but perhaps you'll have better luck. Stand at yourself naked in a mirror. Feel your body turning off all over every night in your head. Picture yourself appearing different then you are. Filling the room with your psyche. Pop out for a bit. See yourself floating above yourself. Chant the mantra of lighter than air. Magic magnets, minstrels, fortune tellers and all things sham sham sham a bamb.
Kasandra
Some of the exercises don't work at all but I like a lot of them. Keeps your mindset to keep trying. One of my favorite quotes at the end,

"Indeed, lucid dreamers who spend a great deal of time merely manipulating their dreams may eventually lose sight of their greater potential: to consciously explore the unconscious, thus getting a better grasp of what they want in life and of who they are."
Gesiane Pajarinen
Perdi a paciência!
A sensacao que tive é que simplifica de mais, algo que pra mim é muito complexo.
Talves eu volte a ler e a praticar de novo. Mas eu acho que os métodos da Viagem astral (que parece ser a mesma coisa de um sonho lúcido) são mais práticos.
Estranho, com estes eu consigo resultados, com aqueles não.
Michael  Baggetta
This book is an easy read about a fantastic ability that we all have and just have to develop it. Lucid dreaming is just being aware while you are in a dream that you are dreaming and then learning how to extend and manipulate your dream to your liking! I have been doing it my whole life!
L.L.
To było ciekawe doświadczenie tak postępować zgodnie z tym programem, dało na pewno dużo wskazówek... Ale program jest dość pracochłonny, tzn. wymagający zaangażowania co może zniechęcać.
Chris
After reading this book and following the program for a week or two, I had my first lucid dream experience. It works.
Jason
Have you ever read a book that was too effective for you to finish?
Jon
This helped me to home some lucid dreaming techniques.
Ellis Riding
Ellis Riding marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
William Arsenis
William Arsenis is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2014
Dave Zebian
Dave Zebian marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Tamer Elhafez
Tamer Elhafez marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Aldo Jr.
Aldo Jr. marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Brent Scherer
Brent Scherer marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Dan
Dan added it
Jul 16, 2014
Imke
Imke marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Who Do You Think You Are?: Explore Your Many-Sided Self with the Berkeley Personality Profile: The Fascinating New System That Shows You How to See Yourself as You Really Are with Your Partner, Family, Friends, and Co-Workers Have an Out-of-Body Experience in 30 Days: The Free Flight Program Mystical Experiences in 30 Days: The Higher Consciousness Program Right Brain Learning In 30 Days: The Whole Mind Programme The Owls of the Enchanted Forest - 2007 Special Collector's Edition