Start by marking “Marley Et Les Chatons” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Marley Et Les Chatons
John Grogan

Marley Et Les Chatons (Marley Picture Books)

In a story that hilariously reveals the differences between cats and dogs, everyone's favorite misbehaving pup learns just how special he really is.

In this NOOK kids book, children can tap to enlarge text and pinch & stretch to zoom in on pictures.
32 pages
Published 2011 by Éditions Scholastic (first published April 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Marley Et Les Chatons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marley Et Les Chatons

Margaret Welwood
Marley discovers two abandoned kittens and his family rescues them. What could possibly go wrong?

Plenty, as our lumbering hero tries hard to be just as cute as the kittens. The kindergartners enjoy the kittens' cuteness and Marley's clumsiness--until he shatters the tiny cat door. Poor Marley is sentenced to time out in the laundry room, the scene of his latest crime.

And here's the part the children love the most: as Marley sits with his face to the wall, beginning to regret rescuing the tiny
Apr 27, 2011 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals
There's cute kittens, I love the kittens and Marley. Marley and the kittens is a great book! I love that book!
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This was a cute cat and dog story in which Marley, the dog, tries to do everything the little kittens do. However, being so much bigger than the kittens, his attempts cause destruction and look...not so cute. Still, you've got to admire his enthusiasm and friendliness. I have to wonder, however at the page where the kittens are on the counter, prowling amongst the crockery and glass jars, and in the text Daddy marvels, "Look how graceful they are." His kittens must be on ritalin or something, be ...more
Ariel Smith
This book is more of a for enjoyment book. So you could keep it in the library in your class. It's mainly about not being a show-off to get attention. And what happens when you get in trouble and your friends come to show that they still care! Super cute. This would be a good book when a student is showing off to his/her classmates a lot. Maybe read it to the entire class and explain at the end why its not the best idea to be a show off. It would be best for grades k-2 because the language isn't ...more
Dani Paiz
Marley, a dog, finds two abandoned kittens. His family takes them in but then Marley tries to do everything the kittens do and ends up wrecking the house as a result. He begins to grow jealous of the kittens but discovers that they love him and appreciates himself for who he is at the end. This book is good for narrative skills, and vocabulary skills. It would be good for ages 3-6.
Oct 29, 2014 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
This is a cute book! I could see myself making a book read-through out of this, but it is also kind of long so I would probably have to pick out my favorite pages and then discuss them. I also like this book because I am a huge dog-lover. This could work with the students who are dog-lovers, but probably not the students who are more cat-lovers.
This book is for little kids, but I don't care - I love it! It is just so cute and adorable and awwww I love cats so much
Sarah W
The pictures inside Marley & The Kittens are adroable. I do doubt how that family knew so quickly that the kittens had no mom when they found them beside the road. When the family takes the kittens home, Marley is soon imitating what the kittens do that gets them attention. Where the kittens get adoration, Marley gets scolded for making messes and breaking containers. When he is sent out on time out, the kittens join him.

This could be a good book for kids who are getting a new sibling, as th
Nov 24, 2014 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun read aloud in first grade. The dog is a sure winner, everyone can relate to accidently causing a problem.
May 20, 2016 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
Books about dogs and cats always get a smile from both my kids.
Jan 25, 2016 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Cute, a bit on the long side for storytime
Marley and the Kittens is a cute, adorable book that both the kids and I can connect too. I can connect to this book because I always had family pets growing up and they all envied each other especially the puppies. I think the children will be able to easily connect with this book as well, because they too may have pets. Also some of the students may have a new brother or sister come home and may want to revert to acting like a baby and can identify with how Marley feels about the new kittens.
Feb 07, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the pictures and the story was cute as well. I have always loved Marley the dog so I truly enjoyed this book.
Amanda Davidson
Dec 07, 2011 Amanda Davidson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: t-l-544
Genre: Picture book/realistic fiction
Copyright: 2010

I really enjoyed this book because it had some connections to the book I used for my book celebration, Help Me, MR. MUTT! I also think that sometimes the story line of the dog getting kicked to the curb when something new comes into play is very realistic. My dogs had cat envy and this story could have very well been a true story. My, myself, I'm partial to canines :) I love Marley.
Debra Wake
Audience - Ages 3-8, dog lovers, fans of the movie

Appeal - John Grogan wrote this story about his own dog, Marley. There are a whole series of Marley books including one written for adults. The story of Marley was also made into a movie.This could be used in a lesson comparing and contrasting Marley and the kittens.

Award List - 2012-2013 Iowa Goldfinch List
May 15, 2010 Tevilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids
Cute kids book. I attended a reading with John Grogan at the Blue Willow Bookstore in Houston. He is charming and kind. I am glad I was able to meet him and hear more about Marley. It is also very interesting to listen to the messages he wanted to come through in the book--acceptance is one.
Oct 16, 2011 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was really cute and the pictures were incredible. This is a book from a series and I think that can be great for kids. If they love one of the books, providing other books from the same series or books that are very similar can encourage them to want to read more.
Oct 25, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Marley's super nose finds two abandoned baby kittens out in a field. These adorable little kittens quickly win a place in the hearts of his human family. Will his family still have room there to love Marley though?
Marie Gentilcore
Apr 24, 2013 Marie Gentilcore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
My 6-year old daughter loves the Marley books and she loves kittens so this was a perfect match for her. The story was cute and the illustrations were very animated. We've already read it half a dozen times.
My kids love this book! And I do too! The mischief are downright funny! Illustrations are great that just looking at the pictures made my kiddos laugh! It is a very entertaining book for children!
Nov 15, 2011 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Collin loves certain words that the baby says about Marley, the dog, who just wants some attention like the new baby kittnes are getting. Fun little story, but the word play is what is a highlight for Collin.
Carol Royce Owen
When Marley finds kittens which his family adopts he begins to wonder if they may be loved more than he is. They are allowed to do things, and when he tries to do the same thing, gets in trouble.
Just Me
Apr 04, 2011 Just Me rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, children-s
My kids love this book with its super cute puppy and sweet little kittens. Fabulous illustrations and an adorable story line. This one is fun to read to the kids.
Kyle Greenberg
This is a cute book for young readers. Students might like to read this book because it relates the dogs to kids like themselves.
Jul 13, 2012 Shelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Disobedient dog gets praised. This is a cute book for the most part but doesn't teach kids much.
Dec 20, 2012 Bree rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
cute pictures make me want to like this but all the 'bad dog' comments leave me feeling ill
Rosanna Lang
Aug 21, 2014 Rosanna Lang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-fiction
I still love everything Marley! Great book for our little ones.
Powers Family
Cute story about a rambunctious dog and a couple of kittens.
Judy Desetti
Jan 22, 2011 Judy Desetti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animal
predictable. A remake of the successful story of Marley and Me.
Nov 21, 2013 Nora rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jp
Cute illustrations, but storyline was lacking--it didn't engage me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Night Of The Moonjellies
  • If You're Hoppy
  • Square Cat
  • Widget
  • Chester's Masterpiece (Chester)
  • Excellent Ed
  • Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers
John Grogan has spent more than 25 years as a newspaper journalist. Previously he worked as a reporter, bureau chief, and columnist at newspaper in Michigan and Florida. He is also the former editor on chief of Rodale's Organic Gardening magazine. His work has won numerous awards, including the National Press Club's Consumer Journalism Award. His first book, Marley & Me, is a number one inte ...more
More about John Grogan...

Marley Picture Books (5 books)
  • Bad Dog, Marley!
  • A Very Marley Christmas
  • Marley Goes to School
  • Trick or Treat, Marley!