Start by marking “Asunder (Newsoul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Asunder (Newsoul, #2)

Asunder (Newsoul #2)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  6,330 Ratings  ·  747 Reviews
DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and
Published January 29th 2013 by Katherine Tegen Books (first published 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Asunder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asunder

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
34th out of 1,525 books — 10,931 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
60th out of 2,465 books — 12,424 voters

More lists with this book...

Jodi Meadows
Jun 07, 2012 Jodi Meadows added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
The chapter headers have roses. The scene breaks at the top/bottom of the pages have itty roses.
Giselle
May 08, 2012 Giselle marked it as to-read
Yay a cover! I think I prefer the 1st one though.
Ashley
Jan 22, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, physical-arc
Asunder by Jodi Meadows - I aimed to be a threat

Book Nook — Young Adult book reviews

I was a little bit nervous going into Asunder because I had some issues with Incarnate, but I ended up liking Asunder even more!

My biggest gripe in Incarnate was the romance. I didn't feel it at all. To be honest, I still wasn't a huge fan of it in Asunder , but since it was already established, I think it was easier for me to accept. It also felt like it had a smaller role in the story. There were still some awkward moments in the book (for example, whe
Brad Sells
Jan 28, 2014 Brad Sells rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Absolutely EVERYBODY.
First time read: December 12 to December 16, 2012

ASUNDER is a stunning sequel with a great plot and surprises at every turn. Jodi Meadows is a master of stories!

If you don't know this about me, INCARNATE (book one) is my favorite book of all time. ALL. TIME. So when I got ASUNDER in the mail as a RAK, I was freaking out and started reading immediately. I was sucked back into the world of Range and all of its inhabitants: speaking of which, the sylph were super eerie in this book! I don't see h
Turquoise
Jun 21, 2012 Turquoise marked it as wanted
HOLY SHIT, GUYS...

I.. I think I just had an extreme premature coverrgasm.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
Oct 22, 2012 Christina (Ensconced in Lit) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: publisher-sent
Wow. WOW. I just finished my ARC of Asunder and boy, was it good. I was lucky enough to receive this copy from HarperCollins.

If you read my blog and my reviews, you may recall that my issue with the first book, Incarnate (though I really did love it), was the pacing. The beginning was too slow, and the end was a jumble, while the middle was absolutely terrific. Asunder has none of those issues. As I predicted, Meadows has only ripened her craft and improved with time.

Asunder by Jodi Meadows cont
Shreya
May 07, 2012 Shreya marked it as to-read
THIS COVER ISN'T JUST GORGEOUS, IT'S:

exquisite, spectacular, good looking, radiant, glorious, delightful, sublime, resplendent, lovely, fair, pleasing, magnificent, spectacular, stunning, attractive, splendid, aesthetically appealing, incomparable, handsome, pleasant, excellent, pretty

and every other synonym of beautiful

COVER LOVE TO THE MAX <3
ღIsabellaღ

OMG THAT COVER
description

OMG SAM!!!!
description

Review
HOLY
Brilliant. Just amazing and brilliant.
Many souls are being very aggressive towards Ana after Temple Dark. They feel like she is responsible for all the dark souls who will no longer be reincarnated.
And Ana is no longer the only new soul.
Anid, the second new soul ever is born. Many people are threatening towards him and Ana. But Ana is determined to protect him and the future new souls.
Ana also ventures into the temple once more. The shocking truth about re
Nanna
May 09, 2015 Nanna rated it it was amazing
So many answers!!! My god, how did Meadows create this? This series is truly mesmerizing! It's so insanely creative, I cant believe it! (Well, I can, but you know) it's incredible.

I adore Ana more and more as the pages are turn. My love for Ana & Sam become stronger and stronger. They work so well with each other.

But seriously, everything is A+ in this series. The characters, especially Ana, are on point. Sam resonated (a TINY BIT!) to the typical YA characters that want to "protect" the h
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

I fell in love with Incarnate. I wasn’t sure what to expect from that book and I got sucked in. I just remember some of the things I was tweeting to the author, Jodi Meadows, who I didn’t even know at the time, while reading the book. That’s the first time I’ve ever tweeted an author while reading their book, with my reactions to things, it was entertaining. Especially a specific part of the book… Now, going in to Asunder, I knew this world, these cha
Isabela
Mar 20, 2016 Isabela rated it it was amazing
--5 stars --

Ahhh, this series is so good!!! I love the characters so much, and the world is just so unique and amazing! I'm starting the next (and last) book straightaway! <3
Steph Sinclair

OMG, look at that cover! It is beautiful!
Kathleen Peacock
Nov 25, 2012 Kathleen Peacock rated it it was amazing
Incarnate was a compelling glimpse into a newsoul struggling to understand her existence in a world where humans were perpetually reincarnated. In Asunder, that world is starting to crack. More newsouls are born, and with each newsoul birth, an old soul doesn’t come back.

To the citizens of Heart, each newsoul represents a true death, and while some try to see them as people in their own right, others view them as invaders, a plague sent in retribution for their failure to worship the god Janan.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
I am using a general review for all three books - just a side note though...the series gets better with each book!

I was a bit hesitant to read this series with the conflicting ratings but I tried it anyhow and MAN - OH MAN was I so freaking happy that I gave this shot because this series is one of my favorites so far of 2016.

I spent the whole day (yes I slacked off on my other duties) reading the ENTIRE trilogy because I couldn't put this down.

This was such a unique story line and so thought out
Alexa
Dec 03, 2015 Alexa rated it it was amazing
First Thoughts: I worried at first, but I shouldn't have - Jodi Meadows wrote in a way that made me feel all sorts of FEELINGS.

(Originally posted on the blog)

Asunder did not suffer from the rumoured "second book syndrome" or "sophomore slump"at all - that much I can guarantee. Like another second book in a series that I loved, I thought Asunder was well-written: there is distinct character progression, the reader is given the opportunity to uncover more of the plot and there is a lot of new inf
Lindsay
May 01, 2013 Lindsay rated it it was ok
The second book was slightly more interesting than the first, but still felt drawn-out and slow. I mainly only read this because I like finishing stories that I start (so I guess I'll read the next one when it comes out in 2014 or whenever.. if I remember). However, Ana was still a very annoying protagonist. (caution below may contain spoilers)

This book is all about how suddenly Ana decides Janan is eeevviilllll. It turns out she was right (handy), but the whole plot seemed really random in rela
Julie
So. Many. FEEEEEEEEEEEELS.

First of all, Jodi Meadows has this fantastic way of making readers consider the morals of reincarnation. One million souls who become experts in their area of specialty vs. new souls and their new, though less experienced, ideas? It's a question you have to wonder about in a story like this and I think Jodi has done a tremendous job trying to tackle that question throughout the first two books, and I'm betting the fantastic continues into the next.

Then there's the char
Anna (AnnaReads.com)
Jan 20, 2013 Anna (AnnaReads.com) rated it it was amazing
We all know book two in a series is basically when authors torture their readers. I usually end up throwing books twos across the room or stomping away angry at the end. And I was worried coming into this one.

Sure, Asunder has it's fair share of despair...but I was so pleased with how the characters evolved and battled through obstacles both small and large. I loved it.

Sam + Ana forevs.
◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj
A beautiful installment in the Incarnate series. The concept is just so unique and exciting. I never know what to expect. And there were many surprises in this book. A few parts were kind of uninteresting and slow but overall, I really liked this book.

Also, the cover is breathtaking.

I look forward to the third and last book!
Jessica Valdez
I honestly can't wait for 2013. It needs to come SOONER, because that's when all the beautiful sequels are coming out as well.

I AM GOING TO DIE OF WAITINGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN HANDLE IT.

BUT IT SAYS
a lifetime of rejection...
SAM?!!?!??!?! YOU REJECTED ANA?!?! WHAT NO!

PLEASE DON'T BE TRUE.

Jeannette Nikolova
Jul 22, 2014 Jeannette Nikolova rated it did not like it
EDIT: This is my 900th book. And it's crap. I usually like reading something good at memorable numbers. So sad.

It has become apparent to me that I am a masochist of the highest order. I have no idea why I keep reading this dreadful series. But I do. And what I got from "Asunder" is:
- it's a waste of time. The majority of the book was the romantic, love-sick ramblings of Ana the retard. "Oh, Gosh, who has Sam slept with in the last 5 000 years? Do they hate me now? Do I hate them? Wait, was Sam a
Hayley
Aug 03, 2013 Hayley rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Incarnate is one of my favourite covers ever, this one is kind of ugly...
Amelie
Was soll ich schreiben?
Das ist die große Frage, die mich in den letzten Tagen immer mal wieder beschäftigt hat. Zur Erinnerung: Ich mochte den ersten Teil vor allem aufgrund der Liebesgeschichte wirklich gern, hätte mir aber mehr Action von der Geschichte gewünscht, damit sie noch besser wird.
Eines der großen Probleme, die ich mit Band zwei hatte, war also, dass sich viele Situationen aus dem ersten Band im zweiten wiederholt haben. Vor allem Anas Isolation als Neuseele war hier wieder stark im
Betül Özlem
Apr 05, 2014 Betül Özlem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Şu anda Jodi Meadows'un ikinci kitabı olan Yeni Ruh'u bitirmiş bulunmaktayım. Serinin ilk kitabı olan Ruhsuz'u da çok severek okumuştum ama ikinci kitabı çok çok daha sevdim.
Olaylar olurken sırlar çözülürken Ana'nın duygularını hissedebiliyorsunuz. Yazar karakterleri o kadar gerçekçi yazmış ki okurken aynı zamanda onların neler yaşadığını, nasıl zorluklarla başa çıktıklarını hissedebiliyorsunuz. En azından bende böyle oldu.
Uzun zamandır kitap okuyamadım ve bunun tek sorumlusu da okuldur. Yok sı
Stacie (Shy Book Nerd)
Actual rating 4.5 out of 5

WHAT I LIKED

The writing was absolutely beautiful. Meadows describes everything so detailed that you can picture everything right in your head. The beautiful words that she wrote were raw and perfect. Even the way Meadows described the sylph, I was able to picture exactly how she described it! I felt a deep connection with Ana because her attention to detail really got to me. I felt so horrible for Ana with the way she was treated towards almost everyone. They treated he
Dark Faerie Tales
Feb 20, 2013 Dark Faerie Tales rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: A great second book that further delves into reincarnation, answering unasked questions that are centuries old.

Opening Sentence: My life was a mistake.

The Review:

There are no words to fully express how I feel about Jodi Meadow’s Asunder. I had the same problem when I was planning to write my review of the series’ first book, Incarnate. As a follow up book, Asunder had tough shoes to fill. I loved Incarnate. I loved how Meadows allowed my im
Anna
Jan 18, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get Incarnate as an ARC last year, and once I finished I knew waiting for the sequel would be torture. Unfortunately, Asunder came right in the middle of a busy school year, so when I finally had the time to pick it up, I devoured it. Asunder is probably ten times better than Incarnate and I am pretty positive that the next installment will be ten times better than Asunder. Not only are there fantastic new characters, but our old favorites are changing in the best of ways. ...more
Bailey (IB Book Blogging)
Absolutely stunning.

ASUNDER brings the heat in this exciting follow-up to INCARNATE. Jodi Meadows lyrical way with words will enchant readers once again and make them fall even more in love with this special story. I did not think I could love the sequel even more than the first book, but that is not the case in this instance. ASUNDER brings the action, drama, and romance up a notch from INCARNATE and is sure to leave readers panting for more.

Ana is one of my favorite heroines. She's just so e
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Aug 02, 2013 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
So, so good! Ah Jodi I loved it!!!!!! :D

Y’all!!!! I loved Incarnate something fierce and I didn’t know how Jodi was going to keep up the momentum in Asunder! But she did! Asunder was another amazing journey into this beautifully written fantasy world where reincarnation exists and dragons, sylph, and other beasts are dangerous and deadly but, not as much as some of the people that surround Ana every day!

Ana still struggles being a newsoul and what that means during this book and, she has the e
Angie
Dec 16, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
Asunder is an amazing follow-up to the wonderful Incarnate! The world is easily my favorite thing about this series, as I'm sure I made very clear in my review of the first book. This time the plot demands more world building, so I was hooked from the very beginning! Ana and Sam are working together to understand Menehem's research regarding the sylph, Janan, and the reincarnation process. I found all of this incredibly fascinating!

Just like the first book, Asunder starts with a sylph attack. We
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
  • The Essence (The Pledge, #2)
  • Vortex (Tempest, #2)
  • Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Dearly, Beloved (Gone With the Respiration, #2)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
I like books. Reading them, writing, and admiring them as my bookshelves begin to bow.

I command a ferret army. Are YOU ready for the revolution?

Yes, I will accept your friend request.

Please do not send private message to ask for a review copy of my book. Because I receive so many requests, I have a blanket "no" policy.

I'm also not very good about checking my GR messages, so interview request
More about Jodi Meadows...

Newsoul (3 books)
  • Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)

“What a powerful feeling, love, able to withstand time and distance and disagreements. No wonder I wanted it so badly.” 20 likes
“Why couldn't Sam really be a boy my age, with no more experience than I had? No past lives, past loves.

Why couldn't he be only for me?”
19 likes