Start by marking “Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)

Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  1,834 ratings  ·  252 reviews
Answering tricky reference questions is excitement enough for library director Lindsey Norris. Until a murder is committed in her cozy hometown of Briar Creek, Connecticut, and the question of who did it must be answered before someone else is checked out--for good.
Published (first published March 6th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Due or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due or Die

KarenF
Jenn McKinlay is one of my favorite cozy authors. I love the Cupcake Bakery books and now this Library series is quickly becoming a favorite as well.

Lindsay Norris is a likeable protagonist and the secondary characters have enough quirks to be interesting but aren't kooky enough to be caricatures. I like how Lindsay knows what everyone in town likes to read and all the book references sprinkled throughout. Puppy Heathcliff makes an adorable addition to the cast (and didn't get forgotten about un
Barbara
Cute cozy. Love the fact that the heroine that does not think and act as if she is better than professionals at investigating the murder. Yes, she does go off and question people; not always subtlety - often too forthright. But at least she tries to have a reason to talk to these people other than to question them; not at all like some cozy heroines who think they just have the right to walk into someone's home or business and question them.

I also like the supporting story of Lindsey's "fosteri
D. George
Another cute addition to the series.
Watchingthewords
The Library Lover’s Mystery series follows Lindsey, the new director of the public library on the coast of Connecticut in Briar Creek, and of course, the murders that seem to pop-up on a regular basis there!

In the second book in the series, Due or Die, cranky Bill Sint is voted out as president of the Friends of the Library, being replaced by Carrie Rushton, a forward-thinking volunteer. When she comes home from the election to find her husband shot dead in his recliner, she quickly becomes the
Trish
The Library Lover’s Mystery series is set in a small town in Connecticut, where the library is the center of the town. In “Due or Die,” book No. 2 in the series, opens with a change in leadership of the Friends of the Library. Crabby Bill Sint is replaced as president of the group by forward thinking Carrie Rushton. Her loser husband ends up dead, and of course Carrie is the No. 1 suspect.
A nor’easter buries the small town of Briar Creek, and library director Lindsey Norris has to step in and so
Kay
I love to read light mysteries - or I guess what they call "cozy" mysteries.
Once again Jenn McKinlay did not disappoint me with her second book of her Library Lover's Mystery series. Lindsey, who is the library director in this little Connecticut town just seems to have trouble and crazy people find her. Fun Who Done It! I would recommend to anyone who is tired of a lot of blood shed - not that there aren't dead people in her mysteries.
Marion Hogervorst
Being a librarian myself, I can relate to Lindsay and envy her job. But having read many cozy mysteries - and also many way worse than this one, I admit - I still give it 2 stars. When a mystery is not a mystery because you see events happen way before Jenn McKinlay wrote them, the fun in trying to solve the murder is gone. It was an enjoyable but predictable read. Nice for a few hours of mindless reading.
Nancy
Be patient, there is a mystery in there but you have to work through an abandoned dog, a storm, a mentally unbalanced woman and a budding romance before Jenn McKinlay gets back to the task at hand and the reader is allowed to resume the mystery behind the murder of Markus Rushton.

Having been found dead in his recliner, the authorities seem to spend endless time interviewing his wife Carrie, the newly elected Friends of the Library president, but that is where it seems to end. There was no invest
Hannah
Such a cute little book, though I feel there was fewer 'mystery' parts in the sophomore novel than the first one. I did like the newer characters that were introduced and hope to see them more in the next volume.
Susan
This is the second in a series that takes place in a small town. The characters, many of whom work in the local public library, are likeable, and humorous, even in the face of a murder.

This isn't great literary fiction, nor is it an "edge of your seat, can't put down" mystery. Rather it is an enjoyable book, with enough plot twists to keep it interesting. When I have to stop reading for some reason, I look forward to returning to the book, but I'm not obsessed.

I really appreciate the lack of "bl
Denise Zendel

Patricia
Great book! First I have read of this author. Loved the characters.
Kari
Ok, New England setting, a library, and a puppy dropped in the book drop - I'm hooked! :) Oh, and then the husband of the newly-elected Friends of the Library President is found murdered, rare books are missing from the Friends book sale storage facility, and Library Director is getting some romantic attention from one of the fine eligible men in town? Yes, I'll keep reading.
PS the puppy is named Heathcliff, in homage to how his dark, expressive brow reminds the library staff of that "hero" of
Meikoningin
Read it in English. Reviewed on FB.
The president of the "Friends of the Library" in Briar Creek (CT), Carrie Rushton, is being accused of murdering her husband. Library director Lindsey Norris is quite content answering or finding the answer to reference questions asked in "her" library, that is more than enough mystery for her, thank you very much. But evidence is found against Carrie and Lindsey gets a gut-feeling it does not add up. So from answering reference questions she is once again pull
Harvee
I love libraries, books, and dogs, so I did like Due or Die, the second in the mystery series featuring library director Lindsey Norris of Briar Creek, Connecticut.

Lindsey has to deal with an envious and cantankerous library assistant while she tries to solve the murder of the husband of the newly elected president of the Friends of the Library. Carrie Rushton's husband has been shot and Carrie is the first suspect. Lindsey wonders if Bill Sint has anything to do with it, as Bill is the outgoing
Lacey
I have to say, this is the first book I've read by Jenn McKinlay where I was left slightly disappointed. About a quarter of the way through this novel I had figured out exactly 'who had done it' and to me that was extremely dissatisfying. Normally when reading her other series (the Cupcake novels), it takes me a lot longer to figure out the who, what and why but not so with this one. Not only was it transparent but also kind of boring. Half of the book felt like it was taken up by the snowstorm ...more
Fred
Do Or Die is the second book in The Library Lover's Mystery series and a great addition it is.

Lindsey Norris, the library director, is asked by Carrie Rushton if she would attend the Friends of the Library meeting at which the election of president of the group will be held. The current president Bill Sint has been making uncalled for comments about her opposing him for president. Sint is even more upset when he find out that Carrie has won the election. When Carrie gets home from the library sh
Drebbles
Carrie Rushton has just been named president of the Friends of the Library when her husband is murdered. The police seem to think Carrie is the killer and aren't looking at many other suspects but Library Director Lindsay Norris and some other of Carrie's friends don't think she is the killer and decide to investigate. They need to be careful - the killer is not afraid to strike again.

"Due or Die" (the second book in Jenn McKinlay's Library Lovers cozy mystery series) is a delightful cozy myster
Shonda
It's election time for the Friends of the Library. The current president, Bill Sint is angry with Carrie Rushton for running against him. When Carrie wins the election, not all members are thrilled.

Now that she's President-Elect, Carrie is busier than ever. Unfortunately her husband Markus is of no help. When Markus is found murdered inside their home, Carrie becomes the police's number one suspect.

Due or Die is the second installment in the new Library Lover's Mystery series. Although I am one
Shirley Worley
Lindsey, the library director, has her hands full in this delightful story about small costal town living during the winter as a nor'easter bears down and brings everything to a grinding halt. Lindsey's friend and president of the Friends of the Library, Carrie, is the prime suspect after her whiny, high-maintenance husband is found shot to death in their home. Lindsey gathers information supporting previous altercations various residents had with Carrie's husband and thereby opening the possibi ...more
LORI CASWELL
Lindsey Norris is back and there is a big shake up at the library when the president of the Friends of the Library group, Bill Sint, is ousted after serving for several years. He is replaced by Carrie Rushton and one of Bill’s supporters starts to take things a little too far, but would “Batty” Bilson commit murder? Carrie Rushton’s husband in found dead and all the evidence points at Carrie, but Lindsey knows she is innocent.

To make matters worse the murder investigation takes a backseat when a
Chris
Marlyn
Lindsey Norris is settling in to her job as director of the Briar Creek Public Library on the coast of Connecticut. She's made a lot of changes, which almost everyone is pleased about, though there are a few hold-outs including the circulation supervisor, Ms. Cole.

Another big change, though Lindsey is not directly responsible, is the election of new Friends of the Library president, Carrie Rushton. Although Carrie is a very pleasant person with many friends, she is burdened with an extremely di
Aaron
This was a nice second novel in this cozy mystery series that has a public library director in a small coastal Connecticut town called Briar Creek. Lindsey Norris is quickly pulled into small town politics when the Friends of the Library has an election for their President and the long-term leader of the group is overthrown unanimously by Carrie Rushton, a hard working and friendly helper for the library.

Things go terribly wrong when Carrie's husband, who everyone thinks is overly cruel to her,
Joanne
This is the second book in the Library Lovers Mystery series, and I thought it was a fun read. Lindsey, the library director, once again finds herself involved in solving a murder mystery in her small town. Markus Rushton, the intolerable husband of Carrie, the newly elected president of the Friends of the Library, is found shot to death in their home, and Carrie is the prime suspect, although there are others. Markus was quite an unpleasant and argumentative individual, and no one is really sur ...more
Mirjam
Due Or Die, the second book in the Library Lover's Mystery series, is the perfect cozy for a bookworm like me! Lots of books, book trivia, a charming town and great characters; what's not to like? I fell in love with the characters in the first book, Books Can Be Deceiving, but this time Jenn McKinlay has outdone herself by introducing a new star on the firmament, canine buddy Heathcliff (isn't that a perfect name for a dog?). Heathcliff is incredibly lovable and makes me yearn for a Heathcliff ...more
Kitty Jay
The next installment of McKinlay's Library Lover's Mystery series has Lindsey, our intrepid librarian director protagonist from the first novel, attempting to solve the mystery of the murder of Markus Rushton, the husband of the new head of Friends of the Library. While the police are distracted by a nor'easter that has buried the town in white, Lindsey puts her skills to use investigating the crime.

The first in this series did not impress me - the writing was stilted, especially the dialogue,
Cathy Cole
First Line: "I could not believe that Lucy agreed to marry Cecil when she was so obviously in love with George," Violet La Rue declared.

The same evening that Carrie Rushton is voted in as the new president of the Friends of the Library, her husband is murdered. The evidence is stacking up against the well-liked woman, but head librarian Lindsey Norris and the Briar Creek crafternoon club doesn't believe a bit of it. When a nor'easter buries the small coastal town in snow, wind and frigid tempera
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
We are back in Briar Creek, Connecticut at the library with our sleuth friends, Lindsey Norris and her reading/crafting friends. There is a change of Presidency for the 'Friends of the Library' and bad feelings evolve.

Not only that, some hard-hearted person threw a defenseless pup into the book drop, not caring that the cold might kill him. I fell in love with Heathcliff and admire his courage. Lindsey needs a strong man in her world as it becomes apparent that someone is trying to attack her p
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • Buried in a Book (Novel Idea, #1)
  • One Book in the Grave (A Bibliophile Mystery, #5)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on the Half Shelf (A Booktown Mystery, #6)
  • 50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
  • Written in Stone (A Books by the Bay Mystery #4)
  • The Diva Digs Up the Dirt (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #6)
  • Lending a Paw (A Bookmobile Cat Mystery #1)
  • Fonduing Fathers (A White House Chef Mystery, #6)
  • Copycat Killing (Magical Cats, #3)
  • The Walled Flower (Victoria Square, #2)
Jenn is the New York Times bestselling author of several mystery series. She lives in sunny Arizona in a house that is overrun with kids, pets and her husband's guitars.
More about Jenn McKinlay...

Library Lover's Mystery (6 books)
  • Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • On Borrowed Time (Library Lover's Mystery #5)
  • A Likely Story
Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1) Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1) Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #2) Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #3) Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)

“Nancy pursed her lips. "Men are stupid." "Agreed!” 5 likes