Start by marking “Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)

Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  2,109 ratings  ·  275 reviews
Answering tricky reference questions is excitement enough for library director Lindsey Norris. Until a murder is committed in her cozy hometown of Briar Creek, Connecticut, and the question of who did it must be answered before someone else is checked out--for good.
Published (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Due or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Due or Die

Christa
I thought this one was entertaining and fun. I really like the characters that McKinlay has created for this series, and of course, as a book lover, I couldn't ask for a better setting than a library. I really enjoyed the interaction between Lindsey, Beth, Nancy, Sully, and many of the other great characters. The storyline in this one caught my attention right away, and I was swept up completely in the story.

Right after Carrie is elected as the new head of The Friends of the Library, her unpleas
KarenF
Jenn McKinlay is one of my favorite cozy authors. I love the Cupcake Bakery books and now this Library series is quickly becoming a favorite as well.

Lindsay Norris is a likeable protagonist and the secondary characters have enough quirks to be interesting but aren't kooky enough to be caricatures. I like how Lindsay knows what everyone in town likes to read and all the book references sprinkled throughout. Puppy Heathcliff makes an adorable addition to the cast (and didn't get forgotten about un
Marion Hogervorst
Being a librarian myself, I can relate to Lindsay and envy her job. But having read many cozy mysteries - and also many way worse than this one, I admit - I still give it 2 stars. When a mystery is not a mystery because you see events happen way before Jenn McKinlay wrote them, the fun in trying to solve the murder is gone. It was an enjoyable but predictable read. Nice for a few hours of mindless reading.
Verity W
I really enjoyed this - I like Jenn McKinlay's characters and the settings that she creates and this is no exception. Working out who was responsible was a really nice way to wile away an afternoon.

This is the second in the library lovers series, and Lindsay is getting more established in town. There is still conflict with one of the librarians, and in this book with some of the friends of the library. Lindsay's relationship with Sully is still moving super-slowly, so there's plenty of mileage i
Wendy
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
What is the original meaning of the word clue?*

Answering tricky reference questions like this one is more than enough excitement for library director Lindsey Norris. That is, until another murder is committed in her ciy hometown of Briar Creek, Connecticut, and the question of who did it must be answered before someone else is checked out--for good.

Carrie Rushton, the president of the Friends of the Library, has been accused of murdering her husband.. The evidence is stacki
Angel
So at the end of these books I always have an uncontrollable urge to create *something*. I want so badly to grab up some yarn and a little hook or needle and knot that yarn over and over into something wonderful... except logically, I really don't. My mother tried to teach me a million times and I refused to learn. Such is the power of the book.
Another thing I long for as I read this book was loving, honestly good, concerned friends and neighbors. The kind that make pots of hot cocoa and help yo
Barbara
Cute cozy. Love the fact that the heroine that does not think and act as if she is better than professionals at investigating the murder. Yes, she does go off and question people; not always subtlety - often too forthright. But at least she tries to have a reason to talk to these people other than to question them; not at all like some cozy heroines who think they just have the right to walk into someone's home or business and question them.

I also like the supporting story of Lindsey's "fosteri
Savannah Avery
This is the second book in the series that I read and I loved it! I actually loved this one a bit more than the other! The mystery was great, even though I had an idea who it was. I also loved the setting and the characters are awesome! I especially like the building love connection that has continued from the first book into this one. I recommend to anyone who loves mysteries or a love story.
Angela Lynn Holland
This was another great book by Jenn McKinlay. I enjoyed reading about the next adventure of Lindsey in her cozy town of Briar Creek. Carrie is elected as the president of the Friends of the Library and while the election was going on her husband is killed. Now Lindsey is out to try and help her friend by figuring out who the killer is. In the process things happen to Lindsey and now it seems the killer is out to get her as well. Then the storm of the year hits but that does not stop anything. I ...more
D. George
Another cute addition to the series.
Watchingthewords
The Library Lover’s Mystery series follows Lindsey, the new director of the public library on the coast of Connecticut in Briar Creek, and of course, the murders that seem to pop-up on a regular basis there!

In the second book in the series, Due or Die, cranky Bill Sint is voted out as president of the Friends of the Library, being replaced by Carrie Rushton, a forward-thinking volunteer. When she comes home from the election to find her husband shot dead in his recliner, she quickly becomes the
Trish
The Library Lover’s Mystery series is set in a small town in Connecticut, where the library is the center of the town. In “Due or Die,” book No. 2 in the series, opens with a change in leadership of the Friends of the Library. Crabby Bill Sint is replaced as president of the group by forward thinking Carrie Rushton. Her loser husband ends up dead, and of course Carrie is the No. 1 suspect.
A nor’easter buries the small town of Briar Creek, and library director Lindsey Norris has to step in and so
Karen
Due or Die is the second in Jenn McKinlay's Library Lover's Mystery series. I had read the first one, Books Can Be Deceiving, pre-blog and, unfortunately, pre-caring about reviewing on GoodReads ... but I do remember that I loved it. A librarian as an amateur sleuth? What's not to love???

The main character of the series, Lindsey Norris, is the new director of the public library in the coastal town of Briar Creek, Connecticut. She's relocated there after dumping her cheating fiancee and being dow
Kay
I love to read light mysteries - or I guess what they call "cozy" mysteries.
Once again Jenn McKinlay did not disappoint me with her second book of her Library Lover's Mystery series. Lindsey, who is the library director in this little Connecticut town just seems to have trouble and crazy people find her. Fun Who Done It! I would recommend to anyone who is tired of a lot of blood shed - not that there aren't dead people in her mysteries.
Champaign Public Library
Recommended by Connie F.
This is a new cozy mystery series for me. and I am happy I tried it. I read the first two, “Books can be Deceiving” and “Due or Die” and am just starting the third, “Book, Line and Sinker.” They are great fun as the main characters are a head librarian, a very uptight Circulation librarian, and a delightfully quirky Children's librarian. There are many references to books and a variety of “inside” library jokes. Of course, there is a bit of a romance going on in this smal
Nancy
Be patient, there is a mystery in there but you have to work through an abandoned dog, a storm, a mentally unbalanced woman and a budding romance before Jenn McKinlay gets back to the task at hand and the reader is allowed to resume the mystery behind the murder of Markus Rushton.

Having been found dead in his recliner, the authorities seem to spend endless time interviewing his wife Carrie, the newly elected Friends of the Library president, but that is where it seems to end. There was no invest
Hannah
Such a cute little book, though I feel there was fewer 'mystery' parts in the sophomore novel than the first one. I did like the newer characters that were introduced and hope to see them more in the next volume.
Susan
This is the second in a series that takes place in a small town. The characters, many of whom work in the local public library, are likeable, and humorous, even in the face of a murder.

This isn't great literary fiction, nor is it an "edge of your seat, can't put down" mystery. Rather it is an enjoyable book, with enough plot twists to keep it interesting. When I have to stop reading for some reason, I look forward to returning to the book, but I'm not obsessed.

I really appreciate the lack of "bl
Denise Zendel

Patricia
Great book! First I have read of this author. Loved the characters.
Kari
Ok, New England setting, a library, and a puppy dropped in the book drop - I'm hooked! :) Oh, and then the husband of the newly-elected Friends of the Library President is found murdered, rare books are missing from the Friends book sale storage facility, and Library Director is getting some romantic attention from one of the fine eligible men in town? Yes, I'll keep reading.
PS the puppy is named Heathcliff, in homage to how his dark, expressive brow reminds the library staff of that "hero" of
erinthedreamer
Jenn McKinlay is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I’ve only read three of her books though so it might be a bit premature. I’m actually really sad that I have no money and I’ve been having to check her books out from the library. Not just because the library doesn’t have all of them but because I really want to support her by buying them. I’ve added them to a list of books to purchase when I do have funds.

Anyway, this book is filled with things I love. I love libraries, I love small tow
Meikoningin
Read it in English. Reviewed on FB.
The president of the "Friends of the Library" in Briar Creek (CT), Carrie Rushton, is being accused of murdering her husband. Library director Lindsey Norris is quite content answering or finding the answer to reference questions asked in "her" library, that is more than enough mystery for her, thank you very much. But evidence is found against Carrie and Lindsey gets a gut-feeling it does not add up. So from answering reference questions she is once again pull
Harvee
I love libraries, books, and dogs, so I did like Due or Die, the second in the mystery series featuring library director Lindsey Norris of Briar Creek, Connecticut.

Lindsey has to deal with an envious and cantankerous library assistant while she tries to solve the murder of the husband of the newly elected president of the Friends of the Library. Carrie Rushton's husband has been shot and Carrie is the first suspect. Lindsey wonders if Bill Sint has anything to do with it, as Bill is the outgoing
Lacey
I have to say, this is the first book I've read by Jenn McKinlay where I was left slightly disappointed. About a quarter of the way through this novel I had figured out exactly 'who had done it' and to me that was extremely dissatisfying. Normally when reading her other series (the Cupcake novels), it takes me a lot longer to figure out the who, what and why but not so with this one. Not only was it transparent but also kind of boring. Half of the book felt like it was taken up by the snowstorm ...more
Fred
Do Or Die is the second book in The Library Lover's Mystery series and a great addition it is.

Lindsey Norris, the library director, is asked by Carrie Rushton if she would attend the Friends of the Library meeting at which the election of president of the group will be held. The current president Bill Sint has been making uncalled for comments about her opposing him for president. Sint is even more upset when he find out that Carrie has won the election. When Carrie gets home from the library sh
Drebbles
Carrie Rushton has just been named president of the Friends of the Library when her husband is murdered. The police seem to think Carrie is the killer and aren't looking at many other suspects but Library Director Lindsay Norris and some other of Carrie's friends don't think she is the killer and decide to investigate. They need to be careful - the killer is not afraid to strike again.

"Due or Die" (the second book in Jenn McKinlay's Library Lovers cozy mystery series) is a delightful cozy myster
Shonda
It's election time for the Friends of the Library. The current president, Bill Sint is angry with Carrie Rushton for running against him. When Carrie wins the election, not all members are thrilled.

Now that she's President-Elect, Carrie is busier than ever. Unfortunately her husband Markus is of no help. When Markus is found murdered inside their home, Carrie becomes the police's number one suspect.

Due or Die is the second installment in the new Library Lover's Mystery series. Although I am one
Shirley Worley
Lindsey, the library director, has her hands full in this delightful story about small costal town living during the winter as a nor'easter bears down and brings everything to a grinding halt. Lindsey's friend and president of the Friends of the Library, Carrie, is the prime suspect after her whiny, high-maintenance husband is found shot to death in their home. Lindsey gathers information supporting previous altercations various residents had with Carrie's husband and thereby opening the possibi ...more
  • One Book in the Grave (A Bibliophile Mystery, #5)
  • Buried in a Book (Novel Idea, #1)
  • 50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • Written in Stone (A Books by the Bay Mystery #4)
  • Murder on the Half Shelf (A Booktown Mystery, #6)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Classified as Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #2)
  • Wall-to-Wall Dead (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #6)
  • Fonduing Fathers (A White House Chef Mystery, #6)
  • Copycat Killing (A Magical Cats Mystery, #3)
Jenn is the New York Times bestselling author of several mystery series. She lives in sunny Arizona in a house that is overrun with kids, pets and her husband's guitars.
More about Jenn McKinlay...

Library Lover's Mystery (6 books)
  • Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • On Borrowed Time (Library Lover's Mystery #5)
  • A Likely Story (Library Lover's Mystery, #6)
Sprinkle with Murder (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #1) Books Can Be Deceiving (Library Lover's Mystery, #1) Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #2) Death by the Dozen (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #3) Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #4)

“Nancy pursed her lips. "Men are stupid." "Agreed!” 6 likes