Start by marking “Delicious” as Want to Read:
Delicious

Delicious

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  289 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Reggie Caldwell, the newly crowned star of a wildly popular TV cooking show, gets more male attention than she knows what to do with. She needs a bodyguard, and when Gabe Bankovic takes the job, she knows she's in good hands. Because she's had those hands on her body before... Gabe never forgot the one unbelievable night of passion he and Reggie spent as total strangers. R ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Aphrodisia (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Delicious, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicious

Delicious by Jami AldenOn the Plus Side by Tabatha VargoThe Lipstick Laws by Amy HolderPopping the Cherry by Aurelia B. RowlThe Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines
In the Mouth
1st out of 33 books — 2 voters
Big Little Lies by Liane MoriartyCake Pop Crush by Suzanne   NelsonSugar and Spice by Lauren ConradSeluas Langit Biru by Sitta KarinaThe Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines
Lollipops
27th out of 33 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Christie P.
May 08, 2015 Christie P. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone, Erotic
A stalker was the last things rising TV chef Reggie Caldwell though she was going to have to deal with but apparently it was becoming an issue. Such an issue that her barely assistant sister got in contact with a personal bodyguard to hand the situation. Enter Gabe Bankovic.

The problem with this bodyguard is that he has history with Reggie. Hot, steamy, sweaty, unresolved history that's going to complicate things.

Even more complicated is the list of suspects and the fact Gabe isn't too sure this
Jane Stewart
Good and talented writer, but too many plot problems.

I enjoyed reading about all characters except Natalie. Hot and well done sex scenes. My problems were with the plot, which used my pet peeve of creating conflict through vague communication and inaccurate assumptions. In addition, the author did not make Gabe's actions realistic and believable. Some examples follow in Spoilers below.

DATA:
Sexual language: strong. Number of sex scenes: ten. Setting: current day San Francisco area with some trave
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
DELICIOUS is a lip-smackin' load of hot fun that leans more on the romance side with a tad bit of erotic thrown in for good measure! Its a great escape that will leave you rooting for the heroine all the way to the end!

Reggie Caldwell is a self-trained chef who becomes an overnight sensation in the world of food. When the fame she has desperately worked so hard to achieve is finally attained and she believes her life is on the right track. Reggie's popularity soars largely because of her friendl
Bonnie
Apr 29, 2016 Bonnie rated it really liked it
Super fun modern romance. A little dated (people fax things and go to internet cafes, and middle class people can afford to rent decent apartments in San Francisco) but the characters are engaging, and the story charmed me. One note, I would have been happier if they had gone with a different cover. This one makes it look like a sex fest, and its not that at all. I had to take a break from reading this because I wouldn't take it on a plane with me where people might see it.
Marie Meriwani
Nov 10, 2012 Marie Meriwani rated it it was ok
The book's alright, but not special, certainly nothing that I'd ever think about reading again.
The sex scenes are hot, which I appreciated, but the rest of it lacked the suspense that keeps me on edge that I usually get when I read books with a stalker character.
The other thing that really bothered me about the book is that it seemed like a total and unforgivable attack on thin/healthy people; almost every chapter in the book made people (specifically women) who eat healthy and exercise look stu
Janice
May 03, 2015 Janice rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hate the Lolita-ish cover. Has nothing to do with the very soft erotic story. More weak thriller than romantic or sexy. Hot scene with secondary characters that didn't move the plot along.
Leah
Mar 03, 2014 Leah rated it liked it
It was a cute story of a one night stand and became more as the story went on.
Michelle
Feb 15, 2015 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: jami-alden
Good story. Editing issues as usual for this author.
Cindy
Jun 16, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it
This was a very fun romance with a bit of a mystery thrown in. The mystery provides the set-up for the encounter between Reggie, an up and coming chef with her own cable show and a new cookbook, and Gabe, her bodyguard. They had had a one-night stand in Hawaii about a year before (without even exchanging their info apparently). I like the slow renewal of romance and trust between them - it is a nice, fluffy, fun read.
Carolinadominguez
Jul 19, 2013 Carolinadominguez rated it liked it
I didn't like the ending at all!!! There needed to be more, why would the book end in some type of cliffhanger? What about the future? I wanted to see what happened with Gabe and Reggie!! :(
MountainKat
This was good, but not special. Too many cliches and a "big misunderstanding", so it could have been much better. I did like the author's style and will try her work again.
Sep 10, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This book has ok but thought it would be better as I love the writer. The story's good and has romance but a lot of miscommunication goes on and they struggle to make it work.
Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 Tatrd rated it it was ok
Reggie Caldwell & Gabe Bankovic
She's got a cooking show and a stalker. They were strangers and had a 1 night stand 6 months ago. She hires him as a bodyguard.
Review
Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum
Dec 26, 2015 Jocelyn Montalvo Cullum rated it really liked it
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
clio teixeira
Dec 15, 2009 clio teixeira rated it did not like it
Did not care for this book at all...could not get into it, so I just left it...unread.
The Pleasures Chest
May 27, 2011 The Pleasures Chest rated it really liked it
Great read! It was sexy, funny and passionate. Love Jami Alden's work.
Sharon
Jan 15, 2012 Sharon rated it liked it
It was a good read, but I didn't like the ending very much.
Alicia J
Mar 12, 2012 Alicia J rated it liked it
It was ok.
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
*Jill*
*Jill* marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Tami
Tami added it
Apr 10, 2016
Christy Fogarty
Christy Fogarty marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Silvia Ceravolo
Silvia Ceravolo rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Ashleigh DeWitt
Ashleigh DeWitt marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Alexis Holpin
Alexis Holpin rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Alexa
Alexa added it
Mar 02, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Laura M
Laura M marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Lynn
Lynn added it
Feb 20, 2016
  • Champagne Rules (Awesome Foursome, #1)
  • Skin on Skin
  • The Cop
  • Come as You Are
  • One Dark Night
  • Chosen Prey
  • Cry For Passion (The Men and Women's Club, #3)
  • Sudden Pleasures (The Channel #3)
  • Surrender To Fire
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Sheer Pleasure
  • Skin (Hot Cops, #2)
Like so many romance readers, my first romance novel was by Kathleen Woodiwiss - The Flame and the Flower, to be exact. I was thirteen. I spent the next month working my way through her entire back list. Shortly thereafter I discovered Judith McNaught, Johanna Lindsey, Karen Robards, Catherine Coulter, Shirlee Busbee among others, and devoured their lavish historical epics full of overbearing alph ...more
More about Jami Alden...