Start by marking “Under the Lash” as Want to Read:
Under the Lash

Under the Lash

Brand new from Carolyn Faulkner!

Visit YouTube to watch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgPJTR...

Description: Embarrassed by what she'd seen transpire between her mother and stepfather, Cassandra recklessly dashes out into the night. When she spies a pirate ship at anchor, and a swarm of pirates scurrying on the beach like rats in the dark, she hastens to warn the i
Published (first published October 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Lash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Lash

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for sarcastic and taboo erotic content.
myapologies_zps2a5e1dfa photo myapologies_zps2a5e1dfa-1_zpsdb9db63a.jpg
I just realized that I might have been dancing a little too close to spoilers with some of my status updates for this book. Hopefully, you'll forgive me this instance because you might actually have wanted to know about the dub-con situation before opening the book.

From here on out, there may be choppy seas (hah) because I'm going to be doing an unusual format for my review. There will be spoilers ahead. I can not talk about my feelings for thi
Lucy
Jan 13, 2015 Lucy rated it it was amazing
This was an immensely satisfying, if quickie, little book! It took me a while to figure out what was going on with the writing style, since I've read other books by Ms. Faulkner that were quite different. This is a "historical" romance with light BDSM--a spanking romance basically. We are never bluntly told the time period, but clues are given based on clothes, setting, vocabulary and writing style. In order to subtly hammer in the fact that the story takes place in the past, Ms. Faulkner uses a ...more
Becca
Under the Lash was a fun, if cliched, pirate abduction story. Perfect for Talk Like a Pirate Day (no, that connection was unintended - but a happy coincidence). The way it was written was almost like a spoof of the genre.

Cassie starts out as a total and complete spoiled brat, getting herself abducted because of a TSTL decision. She does grow into a more responsible and compassionate person by the end of the story, but her transitions are abrupt and without much explanation. This is an "on the su
Bev
Apr 07, 2014 Bev rated it did not like it
Too repetitive. The author spends a whole paragraph telling us something irrelevant and then another paragraph a couple pages later telling us the same thing again. This goes on all the way through the book. No effort gone into this at all. Reads like it was written while having a tea break or something.

Not much story or plot to it. No depth whatsoever.

If youre looking for spankings followed by whippings then more spanking then youll find it here. Nothing much else.
Chitra
Apr 01, 2016 Chitra rated it liked it
This book started out well- and I loved the premise and the initial spankings- but then it got really abrupt- even for a bodice ripper-especially the ending. I feel the couple didn't really "fall" for each other- one molested and the other hated- their feelings werent explored and the ending was rushed. However, I know what to expect from such books . A solid 3 stars.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Sep 02, 2012 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
Cassandra is a spoiled young woman. After her father died and her mother remarried and man that Cassandra has no desire to get to know he moves them to an island. Cassandra isnt happy about this and after witnessing her stepfather spanking her mother she runs away. As she is wrapped up in feeling sorry for herself she finds herself right in the middle of pirates coming ashore and makes a mad dash for the bell tower to warn the island.

Anjel could not let her alert the island so he kidnaps her an
Katy Beth Mckee
I really enjoyed the story of Cassie and Anjel. I appreciate that this story was very unique and not like a lot of other "spanking" stories. This one was dark with a pirate who acted well like a pirate. And a young lady who while confused by her physical reaction still acted afraid and there was no instant love match like you see in so many other ravaging pirate tales. While this story is not super long it packs a lot of plot and emotion into the 120 pages by my Nook's count. I really loved the ...more
Debra
Aug 05, 2016 Debra rated it liked it
Shelves: pirate-challenge
Shiver me timber..this is about Anjel (the pirate) who rules his ship by the lash and Cassie who will learn obedience in the capt'n bedchamber..the lass gets spanked and a whipping in front of the swabbies..Arrr...plenty of sexy times.Fare thee well maity..
Dar
Jul 19, 2014 Dar rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Two people who have absolutely the wrong idea about each other right up until the end

It managed to have some truly spanking moments interspersed with some real sweetness from each character

Cliche, of course, but that is the fun of the story!
Jimmy Smith
Nov 29, 2014 Jimmy Smith rated it it was amazing
Very good

Exciting throughout, could not put it down. It has a good plot and I like the characters, even Anjel. The book is intense, but I like that in a book, after all it is just fantasy.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I love pirates and this is definitely right up my ravishment alley. As usual Carolyn writes amazing non con with exceptional characters who resonate, explicit corporal punishment and sex scenes that heat up the pages to scorching, and an interesting plot that lets the story flow. This is harsher than some of her other historical type novels so be warned this is *not* just spanking - this one has that luscious noncon flavor (such as Tria). If you enjoyed that you will like this! It's not quite as ...more
IkeaGoddess
Wonderful ravishment tale with lots of punishments with various implements and tons of forced orgasms. And a HEA to boot.
Sue Lyndon
Alicia
Sep 09, 2012 Alicia rated it it was amazing
A young girl witnesses something she doesn't understand between her mother and step father and runs away right into an even worse situation! She is captured by a pirate who believes strongly in harsh punishments but not love. Only when she is gravely injured does he realize just how much he has come to love the girl but it is almost too late because she has no wish to forgive him! Great tale on the high seas and plenty of spankings!

Lilia Ford
Spanking, spanking and more spanking. That's pretty much the point here, but I found the interaction between the two mains to be more engaging and less sadistic than in other Faulkner books I've read. Not an unsettling read, and satisfies those psycho-cravings that will arise from time to time.
Minerva
May 13, 2016 Minerva rated it really liked it
What a delectable little morsel. I have a soft spot in my heart for pirates and shy virgins. Twisted I know. But the piece de la resistance was the addition of domestic discipline, yum!
Saraha
Sep 01, 2012 Saraha rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great book. I would have loved if it was a bit longer. Be warned that the spankings are harsh, but the development of Anjel's character was very well done.
Tia
May 02, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
This one was alright, not my type of story but it was passionate and hot, so woohoo!
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Andrea Way
Andrea Way marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
SoftshiVers
SoftshiVers marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Athene Lipsanos
Athene Lipsanos marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Mandypm
Mandypm marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Stacey Dykstra
Stacey Dykstra rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Masma
Masma rated it did not like it
Jul 30, 2016
More than a rib
More than a rib rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
AgentScully
AgentScully rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Sofia Machado
Sofia Machado rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2016
  • A Firm Husband (Wyoming Heat, #1)
  • Cait and the Devil
  • Pleasing the Colonel
  • Never Call It Love
  • Guardian Domination
  • Girl Trade
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Stormfire
  • Bound by the Heart
  • Island Flame (Pirates, #1)
  • The Mountain Man
  • The Abduction of Kelsey
  • Maintenance Night
  • Treasured
  • The Flesh Cartel #7: Homecoming
  • All Chained Up (Cress Brothers, #2)
  • Temporary Slave