Start by marking “The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists, #2)

The Secret Heiress (Protection Specialists #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Finding out she is heir to a fortune shocks Caroline Tully to her core. And to "qualify" for the inheritance, she just has to visit her newfound grandfather's Mississippi home from Christmas to New Year's. Adopted as a baby, Caroline knows nothing about her mother's family…and doesn't realize they can't be trusted. When attempts are made on her life, there's only one man w ...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Heiress

Kav
Have a defibrillator on hand for this one! Seriously. I'd just let out a woosh of relief, only to find myself sucking in my breath in horror as my eyes scanned the next paragraph! This book is hopping with action and suspense and I loved the mysterious edge to the plot. Suspense and mystery in one book -- what a treat! There's a classical feel to The Secret Heiress as well -- it has the vibes of a New Gothic Romance, a genre made popular in the 60's and 70's by authors like Victoria Holt, Mary S ...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

The secret Heiress had lots of drama, action, some faith, murder mystery, romance & family. It is also a clean read.

The plot Caroline Tully was adopted and found out that she was a Heiress but she had to visit with her Grandfather for a week first. Someone tried to kill her. So she hires a bodyguard to keep her safe. She wants to know where she came from.

The setting is Mississippi out in the country. On a old family home.

I like Caroline. She is strong, has a strong faith, she is ready
Julia Herondale
"The Secret Heiress" was a wonderful Christian romance suspense novel and I enjoyed reading it very much. It had just the right amount of romance, action, and suspense, and I loved the story line and characters. I also had fun trying to figure out who the bad person was. TSH was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys these kinds of books.
Molly
Jan 04, 2012 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: GoddessFish Tours
I absolutely LOVE Love Inspired Suspense books, and Terri Reed’s The Secret Heiress is a PERFECT addition to the collection! Her writing style is FANTABULOUS and her plot line is captivating, her characters complex. This book hooked me from page one and kept me on the edge of my seat until the last one.

Caroline’s character is awesome. I adored her bravery and her faith that she had. Someone was intent on eliminating her from her biological grandfather’s will. The intensity of that mixed with sus
Books Mom
originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

I started reading this book with the expectation that it would be just like many other inspirational romance books I've read. Was I ever wrong! After the first couple of pages, I couldn’t put the book down. The suspense kept building and I waited to be able to get a clue as to who was causing the problems for our heroine.

I read a lot of mysteries, and even so, I couldn’t predict the next move, or even get a clue as to what would happen
John Hanscom
Not bad, but not good either. There was really little character development - the characters had merely be accepted pro forma. And, even worse, the killer's identity was broadcast well ahead of the end of the book, as there was only one character hanging around who was there burt not really integral to the furtherance of the plot.
Judine
I loved that Caroline and Don knew each other from an earlier assignment, which helped make their growing attraction more believable. That said, the concern about social status being behind the murders (and attempted murders) felt out of place, even with the primary disagreements occurring 30 years earlier.
Mistyblue
This was a fun book to read-I enjoyed getting to know these characters, and while I didn't particularly like the people who turned out to be the villains, I didn't really expect them to be the villains either. I love it when book surprises me. :)
I practically read this book in one night and had tomake myself go sleep !
Margaret Fraleigh
Easy to read, excellent plot and story.
Amos
Like the LP... Not bad... Readable.
Nina
great book, love her writing.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Protection Specialists
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Protection Specialists
Candace
Candace marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Lisa Morrow
Lisa Morrow marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Nicole Laverdure
Nicole Laverdure marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jinky Abrigonda
Jinky Abrigonda marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • Point Blank Protector (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #241) (Emerald Coast 911 #5)
  • Protecting the Princess (Reclaiming The Crown, #2)
  • The Last Target
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma #3)
  • Zero Visibility
  • Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc., #3)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #243)
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Shades of Truth
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • Freezing Point
At an early age Terri Reed discovered the wonderful world of fiction and declared she would one day write a book. Now she is fulfilling that dream and enjoys writing for Harlequin's Love Inspired lines. She is an active member of both Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers. She resides in the Pacific Northwest with her college-sweetheart husband, two wonderful children, ...more
More about Terri Reed...
The Deputy's Duty (Fitzgerald Bay, #6) Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5) Treasure Creek Dad (Alaskan Bride Rush,  #2) Daughter of Texas (Texas Ranger Justice, #1) Her Last Chance (Without a Trace, #6)