Start by marking “Die Meisterin (Die Gilde der Schwarzen Magier, #3)” as Want to Read:
Die Meisterin (Die Gilde der Schwarzen Magier, #3)

Die Meisterin (The Black Magician Trilogy #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  30,436 ratings  ·  936 reviews
Sonea hat viel gelernt, seit sie von der Magiergilde aufgenommen wurde. Doch es gibt einiges, das sie lieber nie erfahren hätte – die Dinge, die sie in dem unterirdischen Gewölbe des geheimnisvollen Gildenmeisters Akkarin erblickt hat. Sonea fürchtet, dass seine Zuneigung nur ein hinterlistiges Spiel sein könnte …
Published August 14th 2006 by Blanvalet (first published December 18th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Die Meisterin, please sign up.

Sixten Linusson It certainly is an easy read though I wouldn't say it's written for 12 year-olds. I would rather recommend some solid YA.

Jul 16, 2007 Alice rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who read the first two
This last book in the trilogy is the best by far. I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend reading the trilogy together and in order, which is probably something normal people would do anyway. I think while each one has a complete story arc, they form a much more complex and satisfying whole all together. Normally I advocate reading books haphazardly and maniaclly, but really, these could be just one big long novel if people were willing to carry around a 1000 page book.

The character development acro
It wasn't that complicated a plot, or that original a premise -- to be honest, much of the setting reminded me of Raymond E. Feist's Krondor mixed with his magicians on Kelewan. Regardless, I enjoyed reading the books and read them very quickly: one a day, just about. They're light, easy reads, in my opinion. If you're looking for something long and epic, look somewhere else, but if you want something to take up a boring weekend or something, I think these books would do it nicely.

The action its
I was so very, very disapointed with this ending, it was geniunely abismal, and I loved the second book, I though it was down to earth and just about right. This, this piece of poorly plotted abomination ruined it, it's almost as if when she was writing it Canavan just thought; "Actually, do you know what? Screw all the plot and tension. I've decided to write the ending to a very bad piece fan fiction and then stick it on the end of the book!"

Not to mention that she kills of a character she forc
The Lady Inquisitor
Feb 04, 2015 The Lady Inquisitor rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy fans,people who liked The Mage's Guild
Recommended to The Lady Inquisitor by: Bat-girl!

All right, coming.

The High Lord is the last book of The Black Magician series. It's also,notably,the best book of the series.

The first and second books of The Black Magician series had some problems,and they pretty much didn't exist in this last book. The characters where engaging. The plotline was full of darkness and action-packed. The plot was well defined.

Sonea was undergoing some seriously confidence problems in The Novice. But in this book,she'
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
This and my other reviews can be found at

It has been a year since the challenge and Sonea has earned the respect of her fellow novices, but is still being held captive by the High Lord, but as she learns more about Akkarin, she has to figure out if he is telling the truth or manipulating her. Meanwhile Dannyl and Tayend are happy together and have a mission to stop a group of rogue magicians, and Cery is now a Thief and is tracking down some serial killers
Natalia Belchi
Un final de trilogía impactante, emocionante pero sobre todo imprevisto. Nadie diría al final del Gremio de los Magos que la historia de Sonea iba a acabar de esta manera. De esta manera genial. La verdad es que es uno de los finales que más me ha gustado y es que esta saga no ha hecho más que ir en ascenso, desde el primer libro hasta el último. Merece la pena darle una oportunidad.
Alison Beechner
I enjoyed these books up until the end which ruined the whole thing for me.
Alice Bridgwater
I am moderately satisfied with the series, though not with the first book. What I think about each of the three books: 1) "The Guild": almost half of the book is spent relating the tentatives of Sonea, supported by a friend and the Thieves, to conceal herself from the Guild magicians: I think it is a waste of time and energy, because every reader undestands since a few pages that she's going to be captured and instructed from the Guild (it is impossible not to undestand it: the story is related ...more

This was no worse than the previous two books and did actually have some things going on it as apposed to the previous two novels in this series but I still didn't care for it overall. I resorted to skimming to finish the book as I wasn't invested in the characters at all and whilst there were a few things to be cleared up I didn't care how they would be resolved.

If the series had cut out large portions of the first book, the whole of the second book and just used some of the plot devices
I really disliked the dramatic shift in Akkarin's character that took place in this book. It seemed inconsistent with the previous book. Granted, a lot of the shift in character stems from previously unknown information being revealed, but it still felt illogical. Maybe I would have accepted it more easily if there had been a little more foreshadowing and ambiguity in previous novels or if there was a bit more ambiguity in this one, but Sonea and Loreln especially seemed too willing to forgive a ...more
The high Lord was definitely the best book in The Black Magician trilogy. It had more depth, more action, and more romance. I might have given this 5 stars if what happens at the end wouldn't have happened. (view spoiler) ...more
Isabel Bitterblau
Se terminó! Y yo estoy infinitamente triste!

He decidido darle 5 estrellas a la triología en conjunto, pese a que ninguno de los anteriores libros me había enganchado tanto como esta tercera y última parte, que es sin duda la mejor de las tres (aunque el final me ha dejado un regusto amargo en realidad!).

He disfrutado mucho de esta historia en conjunto, al principio leyendo calmada, explorando tranquilamente y habituándome, y al final deborándola como si no hubiera mañana.
He aprendido a caminar
I really enjoyed the beginning two books in this series. Great MC, lots of mystery regarding the hero, magic, fantastic world building, all the things I love. :D

I felt like the plot began to unravel by book three though. It was only that the reasoning behind many of the characters actions seemed...forced? I guess the more time I had to reason out Akkarin's explanation of the Ichani's motives the less plausible I found them.

And I hated Dannyl's POV. I basically skipped his entire sections after
I was disappointed at the end of the book. I can't say I was fond of High Lord but it ended in the worst possible way. My heart was shattered to pieces as well. It's because there were so many things that shouldn't have happened and so many that should. Authors will strickes again. When I read the story it should have a life on it's own. This one didn't. I enjoyed the whole trilogy greatly, I read the whole thing in three days and at the end I just couldn't believe... It didn't make any sense to ...more
This book is one of my all-time favorites, and that's in spite of (view spoiler) ...more
I cannot even with the horrid heap of crap that this was.

First of all, a bunch of people died for no reason. Then, a bunch of storylines were left untied.

And the absolute worst of all, for which Trudi Canavan should get repeatedly hit in the back of the neck with a book by Professor Snape, is that of all the couples she wrote that were constantly having sex and making out and talking about how much they loved each other, the gay one was the only one who didn't.

Yes, you heard me right. Gay men do
Tom Owens
There is something different about the last instalment in a series. You go into it knowing that everything will (or at least SHOULD) be resolved. All the plot elements have to start to come together at some point and you are usually not that far away from the, seemingly inevitable, late twist or stunning revelation that allows everything to eventually make sense. There is a definite sense of anticipation, probably only matched by the first few pages of a brand new series.

Vivi Vocat
This is a good read. And i'd never suspected it, especially after book 1 and 2 were so longwinded that they tested my patience. The whole trilogy would have worked so much better in an abridged version.
I liked this third installment best. The plot is finally moving forward (jerkily and rushed, but hey who's complaining?) and suspense is building up. The underlying story is entertaining. However, there are almost no unexpected twists and turns, and I was a bit disappointed that real villains onl
Terminado de leer 09/02/2014 (tarde >_<)

YO> I-I k-knowwww T___T

La experiencia de esta lectura se resume en dos cuestiones, la primera, lo que ya venía diciendo: tres libros para esta historia eran absolutamente innecesarios, los dos primeros bien podrían reducirse a una primera parte de un solo libro y lo que resta para esta última entrega.

La otra cuestión…

¡¿Qué carajos fue ese final?! ¿Es que a la autora le entró el demonio George R R Martin al cuerpo? ¿Escribía un trib
Keziah Wallis
I really wish I could give this book 4 and a 1/2 stars. It almost reached the point of OMG I love you 5 stars, but didn't quite make it. Regardless it was a really solid read and highly enjoyable. I love it when a series rips the carpet out from under you and laughs at your expectations and this book did it to me oh so well.

I also grew to adore the "evil" High Lord Akkarin while reading this book. The way his relationship with Sonea progressed throughout the book kept me curious and concerned f
Yay for dragging the plot like molasses in retarded directions before introducing the Great Danger in the last 1/6 of the allotted space! We learn about the impending doom only in this book and it takes half of it to actually get to the point. The climax, admittedly, consists of more than three pages, but it's very... small? The scale of the event is striking; if you count the persons fighting, it would look live a tavern brawl.

There are some plot devices here that made me consider giving this
Category: Books
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author: Trudi Cavanan

Beware people … If you hate spoilers then you better out for good.

If you keep reading... Well don’t tell me I didn't told u before …

Buku ketiga ini yang paling bener-bener deh … kalau boleh saya bilang kelewataaan ya ini dia. The High Lord bener-bener kelewatan ...
Mulai dari ceritanya,serunya, bagusnya, sampe kecewanya .... Hikssss ...

Beda dengan buku pertama dan kedua, Cavanan bener-bener tancap gas di buku tiga ini.
High Lord was a revelation for me, for reasons entirely personal. Well, plot wise all the various strands came together in a way that was not entirely unexpected, but fantastic and satisfying all the same. However, what left me breathless was when we got to know Akkarin, the High Lord, much better than we have in previous books.

I loved a mage you see, long ago. I met him in a book. I followed him eagerly through six volumes over and over, and each time he died it shattered me. He was a study in
I really think Ms. Canavan has worked hard to improve her writing throughout these books. It is just a disappointment that this version of these books was allowed to be published. The descriptions and general writing are so good and refined, but the plot remains a major disappointment. She needed an editor or publisher willing to spend more time refining the plot so it did not overwhelm with foreshadowing.

As the novels continued, Ms. Canavan seemed to begin using "false foreshadowing" where the
Fantasy Book Club...: * The HIgh Lord-Black Magician #3--First impressions, planning to read? 5 25 Oct 17, 2014 11:07AM
All About Fantasy: The High Lord 32 19 Jan 30, 2014 03:08AM
Goodreads Librari...: pages... 6 52 Dec 25, 2012 07:04AM
  • The Awakened Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, #2)
  • Lord of the Shadows (Second Sons Trilogy, #3)
  • The Forbidden Land (The Witches of Eileanan, #4)
  • Blood and Memory (The Quickening, #2)
  • Wit'ch War (The Banned and the Banished, #3)
  • Zawód: Wiedźma, Część 1 (Wolha Redna, #1)
  • Stormlord Rising (Watergivers, #2)
  • The Tower on the Rift (The View from the Mirror, #2)
  • O Medo do Homem Sábio - Parte 1 (A Crónica do Regicida, Livro 2 - Parte 1)
  • The Riddle (The Books of Pellinor, #2)
Trudi Canavan was born in Kew, Melbourne and grew up in Ferntree Gully, a suburb at the foothills of the Dandenongs.

In 1999 she won the Aurealis Award for Best Fantasy Short Story with “Whispers of the Mist Children”. In the same year she was granted a writers residency at Varuna Writers’ Centre in Katoomba, New South Wales.

In November 2001, The Magicians’ Guild was first published in Australia. T
More about Trudi Canavan...

The Black Magician Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Magicians' Guild (Black Magician, #1)
  • The Novice (Black Magician, #2)
The Magicians' Guild (Black Magician, #1) The Novice (Black Magician, #2) The Magician's Apprentice (Black Magician, #0.5) The Ambassador's Mission (Traitor Spy Trilogy, #1) Priestess of the White (Age of the Five, #1)

“So what were you [Sonea] and Dorrien discussing before?' Akkarin asked.
She turned to regard him. 'Discussing?'
'Outside the farmhouse when I was buying the food.'
'Oh. Then. Nothing.'
He smiled and nodded. 'Nothing. Amazing subject, that one. Produces such fascinating reactions in people.”
“Akkarin: I watched the first woman I loved die. I dont think I can survive losing the second.
Sonea: I love you too.”