Dismiss Could not find this book.

Start by marking “His Indecent Proposal” as Want to Read:

3.6  ·  Rating Details ·  3,011 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Erotic Romance/Novella
Approximately 21,000 words

When Jenna Hardin is approached with a business proposition that involves a short-term marriage arrangement, she hesitatingly agrees. It doesn't take long before she realizes the business involved is only a smokescreen and she is the ultimate commodity.

Jenna sat in first class and fiddled with the
Published November 9th 2011

The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstThe Unwanted Wife by Natasha AndersSarah's Surrender by Lynda ChanceKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsStaking His Claim by Lynda Chance
Romantically Forced
7th out of 144 books — 254 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Most Possessive Romantic Men
128th out of 1,062 books — 1,591 voters

More lists with this book...

Oct 20, 2016 Alp rated it really liked it

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record repeating the thing I’ve already said many times before, but I couldn’t help it! I freaking love Lynda Chance's alpha heroes! They’re all amazing, and David Bennett is no exception. The way he’s extremely dominant and confident, yet so tender and sweet, really had the hopeless romantic inside of me swooning. Well, I just couldn't resist this brooding man with a possessive streak!

Alright, let’s go back to the story. The plot was so simple and predi
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Mar 18, 2014 Crystal~BIG book addict~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks
3.5 Marry Me Stars!

I was looking for a short, steamy read in between books. Did I find it?

David needs a wife. He believes he is going to be passed over on the promotion that he deserves because he isn't settled down.

Jenna has been working in the accounting department of David's company for six months. Strangely, she finds him staring at her once in awhile. When he approaches her about getting married, just briefly to make it look like he has finally settled down, she is completely baffled. They
Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com / for book lovers and readers.

David runs his family company; however, he needs a wife to impress the board of directors when his uncle steps down. The perfect candidate, Jenna. Jenna works in accounting and is up to her neck in debts. She is approached and offered a business arrangement that includes marriage for two years to David.

Another great read for me by the author. I have read all of Lynda Chance’s books so far, and you eith
Apr 21, 2016 B.E.L.L.A.Mc rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this little gem; only 66 pages. Almost gave it 5*, but couldn't really as it's not what I'd call 'outstanding'. It is however hot, sensual, erotic, and quite kitsch (bit cheesy), but in a nice way. I haven't used that word to describe a story before but it seems apropos in this case.
Simple little story/plot, but it worked nicely. I loved both protagonists: Jenna and David. He is hot, hot, and hot; a real Alpha male, and he stays that way throughout the book – no compromising. H
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 13, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it liked it
It wasn't bad but I couldn't see or feel the connection between David and Jenna. I could understand what she saw in him but I don't understand what he saw in her.
Lauren Crossley
May 13, 2014 Lauren Crossley rated it it was amazing
This book is AMAZING!!! I read it back in 2012 and have read it six or seven times since then. I love the whole concept of a successful, accomplished, drop dead gorgeous business man propositioning a naïve, innocent and uncertain young woman with the idea of marriage. Well, I say that David propositions her, he doesn't give her much choice in the matter (LOVE the whole Alpha male thing)
He's noticed her at work for a while and can no longer deny the fact that he wants her. He HAS to have her an
Oh hell yes!

This was absolutely perfect and has everything that, in my opinion, an erotic novella should. First and foremost, good writing; followed by a hot, possessive, dominating and stalker-ish hero; a strong but normal heroine; some sort of coercion (one of my fav themes!); lava hot love scenes; then finally true love and happily ever after *sigh*.

As you can tell, I really loved this. David can whisk me off and coerce me into anything he likes!!

I really liked Jenna too. She was sensible, sw
Alexis *Reality Bites*
I liked this short story!! Jenna found romance and got her HEA and was never even looking for it, goodread!!!:) Off to the Next book!
From Goodreads:
Erotic Romance/Novella
Approximately 21,000 words

*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
3.5 - 4 HOT HOT stars

Pure erotica and out of control alpha male with a voluptuous 25 yr old rather easily dominated young woman. Chance pulls no punches in her erotica. None! But this is pure Alpha male testosterone who wants this woman and he's willing to do what he has to in order to "get her."

David is a wealthy (ha) 35 yr old man. He does what he wants when he wants and with whom he wants. He wants Jenna and on a whim based on something she said, he decides he needs a wife, and it will be
Isabel King
Jan 19, 2012 Isabel King rated it really liked it
Lynda Chance's books are like the smutty version of Harlequin romances novels, which I happen to like. I do agree with the comments that it would have been great if the book were a little longer and if we got to know the characters a little better, and the hero veered into being almost clingy rather than domineering a few times, which is why I gave it four rather than five stars. But the sex scenes were hot, the hero overall was smokin' if you like domineering Alpha males, the setup/plotline was ...more
Sandra Bunino
Nov 17, 2011 Sandra Bunino rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I have been a fan of Lynda Chance since discovering e-books and "His Indecent Proposal" is the best so far. Lynda take the time to introduce the reader to Jenna and David which makes the first sex scene pop because the reader is invested in the lives of both characters. This is a story of love, masquerading as lust, at first sight and as with Lynda's other books, the hero is very Alpha - strong, sexy and possessive. I loved the characters, story, humor and of course, the hot, sexy scenes. This i ...more
Aug 07, 2015 Maya rated it liked it

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? YES.
Rating: 3 stars

I'm starting to really like Lynda Chance's works. This one is no different than her other works regards to her OTT and possessive Hs'. Love it. :)
Sep 01, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
Whoa...Lynda Chance sure pushes the boundary between a control freak man and abuser. I sure like her writing - it's pretty darned intense and steamy. I'll undoubtedly read more...pretty addicting stuff. But, I almost feel badly for enjoying it so much. No self-respecting woman would EVER let herself get into this situation, but somehow with LC's characters, it's hot stuff and therefore, more than okay! Bring on the next one!
i freaking loved this book just my type of book when the male takes charge and push her around to get wot he wants being bossy and i think that's very hot. well done Lynda you gained another fan thx for your books
Dec 01, 2012 Starapple rated it it was amazing
This really rocked my boat and I then went and got most of her other books too. Very good. I love sensitive but bossy uber alphas. Lovely.
Sofia Grey
Feb 21, 2012 Sofia Grey rated it liked it
This was a difficult book to review. A quick read, it was based around a classic, tried & tested romance premise: obscenely-rich-but-lonely man (David) needs a wife in a hurry and makes a businesslike marriage proposition to a woman he barely knows (Jenna).

As if they were connected by an invisible wire, she could feel when he watched her. And he watched her often.

And it should have worked. Lynda Chance has a delightful writing style, so many lines and quotes leapt out at me, sucking me in an
This is a short erotic romp about a businessman seeking presidency and being advised to find a wife in order to achieve the perfect facade for the board of directors... David Bentley thought his attorney was insane for even suggesting it... but when the object of his desire overhears the conversation and makes an innocent joke... all bets are off.

Jenna is a 24 year old college graduate who lied to obtain a mediocre job in accounting, she's got a mountain of debt and is eating ramen noodles to su
Jan 28, 2012 Katie(babs) rated it it was ok
His Indecent Proposal by Lynda Chance is a Harlequin Presents type romance where the hero is this uber-alpha male who wants his way and won't take no for an answer. The set up is somewhat ridiculous where David needs to marry quickly so he can keep control of company he's already running. He finds the wife he needs in the accounting department where Jenna works. Jenna is barely making ends meet because she has $100,000 in college loans to pay off, but she makes everyone believe she never went to ...more
Apr 19, 2016 Roselle rated it it was amazing
His indecent proposal was so sweet and hot as hell.

I loved the characters. A bold man and a quiet girl. They fitted perfectly !! I loved their interactions, sometimes funny or devouring!

The way that he proposed to her was settle and direct. Even I was intrigued! I knew what was coming but I felt longing for his answers. Not just that conversation. All of them! I found myself on the Jenna's place. I really enjoyed this book!

I loved this book! I recommend this book, like deffo!!!
Reading Haven
Jan 03, 2012 Reading Haven rated it really liked it
"Well, readers, if you ever wanted to find a story where the hero dominates, then His Indecent Proposal is the story for you... This is an erotic novella so it is a shorter and quicker read. It does however give you a good taste of the writing style of the author and personally made me wish I had more to read about the two main characters. Now, while Jenna makes for a so-so heroine, David Bennett is what makes this story worth while. As I implied before, he not only mastered in the bedroom, he s ...more
Yesenia Gonzalez
I liked it, it was way too short but from what I read David needed a wife and Jenna happens to over hear the conversation she jokes and goes on with her day. Lucky for her David has had a thing for Jenna since she started to work there. These two together are rocky at first then David realizes he wants forever with her and not short term. Recommend for a short alpha billionaire book.
Ahh loved the book!

Short and sweet, with a good girl and her alpha male boss. The story was too short for my liking but the plot was good. Loved the protoganist' characters.

But the book lacked description. As in, we got to know David but what about Jenna? I couldn't at all connect to her. Her past was not disclosed nor her family members or anything. The author could've mentioned a chapter of her meeting David's family and all that.

If you're in a mood for a quick read and something erotic... t
Not my favourite Lynda Chance novel at all....
I have stated before that OTT possessive guys are my thing but David Bennett is one that I don't like. The marriage arrangement of based purely on his sexual needs which was to bypass their employer/employee code of conduct and have sex with her.

I know Ms Chance's books are short and basically this book highlights the entire problem with that. I could have learned to like David but I didn't because not enough character development ensued. All I got
K.G. White
Apr 20, 2014 K.G. White rated it it was amazing
This was quick, to the point, but perfect! David's needs to find a solution to his predicament, and in discussions with his lawyer/best friend, he discovers that his "problem" has actually given him the opportunity to seize everything he has ever wanted. I would have loved to see this book extended, because I loved the characters and I loved the plot and I want to know more about this glorious couple after their amazing origin story.
Diana Vasquez
Apr 19, 2014 Diana Vasquez rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibooks
I just really wish authors would take the short out of short story. I mean I need details and description. This book was good, girl changes boy for the better and leads a better life. But come on it just went by so quickly. I know authors have a lot more to write. There is no limit to their imaginations so why do you want a short story when you could have a long novel.
Dec 15, 2014 Candace rated it liked it
Shelves: rich-guys
This was a short story that featured a possessive alpha male. It was an entertaining story that can be read in a couple of hours. No deep emotional undercurrents, just a hot, fun story to pass a little time. If you're looking for something a little lighter that can be finished in one sitting, this is a good choice.
Sep 01, 2012 Bkwrm rated it it was ok
He needs a wife. She agrees for the money and then they both get caught up in a whirlwind lust/love affair. The storyline is typical and overrated at this point.
Dec 11, 2011 Jacqueline rated it it was ok
Super short it took me maybe a half and hour to read if that. It had great potential but was so short that it couldn't really be developed at all.
Nanci Loves2Read**Warning**IWasASailor⚓️MyMouthisDirty
Loved it! Was cute. The sex scenes needed more detail and I wish the story was just a little longer. I loved it though.
Short contemporary erotic romance of an alpha possessive male and an indecisive female, that mostly takes part within their marriage. David, head of the company Jenna works for, lusts after her for six months. When he comes to a dead-end involving the company’s presidency and needs to acquire a wife, David goes after her. So instead of asking her out for a date, he weds her. (You know, where I ‘m from it’s the reverse that happens…) Jenna says yes, but early on in her wedded life she starts havi ...more
Marriage 2 17 Aug 30, 2014 05:03PM
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Release
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Bound To You (One Night of Passion #1.5)
  • Exclusive Access (Rock Arrangement, #3; The Lonely Kings, #1.3)
  • Revenge, Volume 3 (Revenge, #3)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Deep: An Erotic Romance
  • Witness Protection (The Witness, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Deceived - Part 2 Paris (Deceived, #2)
  • First Thing I See
  • Never Let Go
  • Sunny with a Chance of Curves
  • Haze
  • Talania: A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
  • Last Christmas (Bound Together, #1.5)
Always a fan of romantic fiction, I've always been in love with the alpha-male. So in love, I've never been quite satisfied with the restrictions of series romance. I like to get into a guy's mind and have him do or say exactly what he's feeling at the moment, and sometimes I shock even myself! I consider my stories soft erotica; one man, one woman, heterosexual. But since abiding love is always t ...more
More about Lynda Chance...