Start by marking “Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days” as Want to Read:
Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days
Preview

Be Fearless: Change Your Life in 28 Days

2.98 of 5 stars 2.98  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Most people have something that gnaws at them at night, a mess or unrealized dream somewhere in their lives that causes them to feel stuck, out of control, overwhelmed, incomplete, and dissatisfied. They want to run away, back away, and ignore what they fear--whether it's a demanding boss, unsatisfying sex life, or distant love interest, but they can't. The fear finds them ...more
Published April 24th 2012 by Center Street (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Be Fearless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Fearless

Amy
Meh. Lots of talk about the author and his experience and his clients and his dislike of traditional therapies. Was more distracting and annoying than helpful.
Madison
I thought it had some really good advice, made me feel like I wasn't alone with my fears. Yes, he did promote his type of therapy, and yes, he did talk about the fact that fears are normal. But he didn't promote fear....I just skipped over the parts that weren't applicable....wouldn't buy it but worth a read from the library.
Stephen
Won this on Goodreads. Thank you.

I don't know if I just don't appreciate the self-help genre, but I feel like this dredged up issues I didn't have. The first few chapters persuaded me to feel fearful, as if some trepidation is not normal in life. Sometimes I felt Alpert may have been too quick to publish this and should have shown trepidation himself.

The excercises seemed useful for a bit, but then more time consuming and in fact created more complexities in my life. They led nowhere.

I think th
Alexandrea Hills
I won this book through Goodreads giveaways.

I felt this book promoted fear where fear might not of been occurring. I felt that Jonathan boxed all problems into his 5 step solution. It didn't feel like he took outside factor really into consideration. Like what if there is no jobs available or you don't have the money to go back to school. These factors are not based on fear they are based on circumstance.

Although I do believe in trying to turn the negatives into positives I don't believe that w
Susan
Sounds more like an ad campaign for Alpert and his counseling practice than anything helpful. Lots of details about how Alpert carries out "therapy", how he "fixed" people after years of them "stuck" in therapy with other therapists, how fearless he himself is. I kept reading hoping for something useful but then it ends abruptly with the "bonus" section, which can be accessible for free via Internet because it was recycled materials from Alpert's pieces in the Metro Newspaper. I mean, if you don ...more
Becki Iverson
There is a wealth of practical advice and steps in this book that I think every grown adult should encounter at least once in their lives. They are applicable not only to resolving fear of things, but also in just making one's life better in every way; brainstorming, tracking, setting achievable goals and working towards them are good skills for everyone to have.

The writing was a bit dry/overly simplistic at times, but the book's fabulously practical information outweighed this. It's a very use
G-Funk
*** I won this book as a goodreads first reads giveaway***
I read about 100 + pages and I just can't be bothered to read more of it. I totally agree with Amy (previous reviewer),and the more I read, I felt it was more like other psychologist-bashing and self tooting than any real helpful advice.
Viv
This book is a disgrace to the self-help industry. As a matter of fact, I have no idea why it is even listed under the self-help genre. Most of the book was for Alpert to trash other therapists and their works, promote himself and advertise for his brand of "therapy".
Anna
Petty mind producing awful book. Full of criticism, negativity, and vague and hyperbolic statements. Perhaps recycling trash is more beneficial than recycling Alpert's columns in book form.
Mezi
This book is a complete disgrace. The writer just publicized his method of theory. It can't be a self-help book. He didn't provide any clear structure on how to deal with fear.
Kevin
A surprisingly good read. Though why it took 6 chapters and 121 pages to get to anything useful is beyond me.
Michele Pardon
Love this book, Love Jonathan.
Andrea Paula Arruda
Andrea Paula Arruda is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2015
Pam Conroy
Pam Conroy marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Elizabeth Sawyer
Elizabeth Sawyer marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
George
George marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Eduardo Aburto
Eduardo Aburto marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Jared
Jared marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
PJ Hari
PJ Hari marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Yitayal Belay
Yitayal Belay marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Shahil Hamza
Shahil Hamza marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Andrea Tunde
Andrea Tunde marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Salome Bitsadze
Salome Bitsadze marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
MANAV KHATTA
MANAV KHATTA marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Senen
Senen added it
Jul 31, 2014
Dorian_b
Dorian_b marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
  • Live the Dream: No More Excuses
  • Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know
  • How Great Women Lead: A Mother-Daughter Adventure into the Lives of Women Shaping the World
  • Shadowbosses: Government Unions Control America and Rob Taxpayers Blind
  • Tweak It: Make What Matters to You Happen Every Day
  • The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything in Between
  • Government Bullies: Americans Arrested, Abused, and Terrorized
  • The Ronin: A Novel Based on a Zen Myth
  • The Ultimate Resource 2
  • The Handoff: A Memoir of Two Guys, Sports, and Friendship
  • A Sudden Dawn: A Martial Arts Novel: 1
Los 5 pasos para cambiar tu vida de forma EFECTIVA Handbook of Chronic Depression: Diagnosis and Therapeutic Management