Start by marking “Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)

Last Rite (Personal Demons #3)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,481 Ratings  ·  141 Reviews

Published May 8th 2012 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about Last Rite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Rite

YA Novels of 2012
1,324 books — 10,631 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,452 books — 15,841 voters

More lists with this book...

Ferdy
Aug 01, 2012 Ferdy rated it did not like it
Spoilers

Frannie Cavanaugh’s life hasn’t been the same since millennia old demon, Luc walked into her life – she’s since found out that her father’s a fallen angel making her a Nephilim, she discovered that she has the power to Sway demons,angels and humans to do whatever she wants and she fell in love for the first time. Luc was sent by Lucifer to seduce Frannie in order to send her to hell, he failed to follow through with Lucifer’s orders after falling in love with Frannie. Frannie’s powers an
Jennifer Armentrout
Mar 18, 2012 Jennifer Armentrout rated it it was amazing
Oh, wow... wow, wow, wow. Loved this. *Snuggles Book*
Alec
May 18, 2012 Alec rated it liked it
Marie
May 22, 2012 Marie rated it really liked it
Mind-blowing!
Gabe is just so damn cute not too mention hot, loveable, sweet, funny.... Well you get the picture!!
I can't believe what happened to him there at the end!! Pity!
He changed for the best throughut all these books and you watch him get to grips with all of these new emotions and experiences and he ends up fit back to where he was at the beginning!
Wow yeah brilliant ending though-not perfect- but yeah.

We finally get to see some 'magic?' and a taste if the gods and goddesses and their
Sophie Riggsby
May 17, 2012 Sophie Riggsby rated it it was amazing
Review published on Mundie Moms on 5/18/2012*

Dear Frannie,

When I read Personal Demons, I had to write a letter to Luc because, well a) I’m a Mundie Mom and b) Demon Boys usually spell trouble. But, Luc was lovely and conflicted and oh, Frannie, I know you know exactly what I’m talking about. And yes, he still spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

Katie wrote a letter to your author, Lisa Desrochers, after she finished Original Sin, because let’s face it, Katie was in still in shock at the ending.

I decided to
Pam
May 09, 2012 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-read
GoodReads Synopsis: In this final installment of the thrilling, edgy Personal Demons series, the battle between Heaven and Hell has become critical, and Frannie Cavanaugh is right at the center of it.

With the help of the powerful angel Gabe and demon-turned-mortal Luc, Frannie has been able to stay one step ahead of the forces of Hell. But when the demons killed Frannie's best friend and destroyed her brother, they raised the stakes. If Frannie wants to keep her family and friends safe, she kno
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
I'm not sure how I feel about this finale. I'm really quite torn. I was so freaking frustrated while reading this book. Luc wouldn't open up, but at least he was the only one of the MCs not doing anything overly stupid. Frannie kept lying and hiding things and Gabe didn't even try to keep himself from being changed mortal. I really wanted to throttle Frannie and Gabe. Eventually, I wanted something bad to happen so that they would stop being such idiots.

There's really not too much to say without
Cassandra Frederick
I can’t believe I’m actually giving this one less than five stars. After enjoying Personal Demons and Original Sin so much, I was expecting the final book in this series to be amazing. But Last Rite was a let down for me. Almost nothing happened in the first half of the book. Pretty much all Frannie, Luc and Gabe did was obsess over their tragic love lives, which annoyed me. You’d think that with the army of hell after them, they’d have more pressing things to worry about, but nope.

Another let d
Aydrea
May 26, 2012 Aydrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
Wow this book was crazy, there was so much going on! The beginning was super emo especially with Luc & Frannie, I actually kind of wanted to smack them both for the way they were acting! And it was also super annoying how dependent Frannie was on Gabe. And the worst part is she knew what she was doing to him and she felt bad, but yet she did it anyway! Frannie is quite a frustrating character in this book, but she does some pretty BA things to be honest. She made me really nervous and I thou ...more
Paola
Jun 10, 2012 Paola rated it it was amazing
5 stars out of 5
Oh my god! This book just left me speechless, like for real. Okay, so this is the end of one of the best series I've ever read. It made me feel everything, I laughed, cried, gasped, went all crazy and even felt lust lol.
So in this last book of Personal Demons; Frannie, Luc and Gabe go on this journey where they have to run away from everything because they are being chased by Hell. I'm gonna be honest, I didn't quite remember what happened in the second book but the more I read t
Marulett
Great finale for an a very very very very good series!!

Frannie just kicks some major ass and everything works out in the end. Amazingly well written, I couldnt put it down, this one is seriously a page turner.

If you havent read this series, shame on you...youre missing on a great story, a unique female lead and of course ubber yummy bad and good boys. You can start the Personal Demons roller coaster with Personal Demons and continue with Original Sin and end this thrilling ride with Last Rite.

P
Kiki
Mar 14, 2012 Kiki rated it it was amazing
Lisa D. did such an amazing job with the last book in the PD series. I was moved to tears with the agonizing exchanges between Frannie and Luc, and every moment they spent apart was like a waste of a second in hell. There were moments where I just wanted to look the other way when Frannie and Gabe got close; he's my pure angel. :) I didn't want him tainted.

Fans of this series will not be disappointed as we come to understand Frannie's power of Sway and what she can do with it. Lucifer bites the
Ellelou
Valy P.
Apr 25, 2015 Valy P. rated it it was amazing
5 stelle -
Recensione qui: http://sparklefrombooks.blogspot.it/2...
Sono davvero contenta di aver portato a termine questa serie recuperando l’ultimo libro in lingua, perché meritava davvero di essere letto. Continuerò a ripetere all’infinito il mio dispiacere per l’interruzione di questa ennesima trilogia e non smetterò mai di consigliarla a chiunque mi capiti a tiro. Ad ogni modo, “Last Rite” riprende pochissimi minuti dopo rispetto al punto in cui terminava il libro precedente. Si tratta di un
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
reviewed for MM's by Sophie

Dear Frannie,

I decided to write this letter
Grace Fonseca
May 29, 2012 Grace Fonseca rated it really liked it
Book Review:

Every time a series comes to an end, I feel a bit of sadness. This book had so much in it. It felt like a journey had ended. I mean it utterly made me feel so many emotions. My emotions were pulled in every direction as I was reading this book. Excitement, happiness, OMG moments, sadness and tears at times, surprises that were unexpected.

Books that are truly awesome do this. They make you feel something. What each character does in this book is really fantastic as it is the grand f
Katie
Aug 08, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, arc, alamw12, tor-teen
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the first two books in this trilogy this review will contain spoilers.

Last Rite is the perfect ending to the Personal Demons trilogy. Lisa Desrochers tied everything up nicely and I was left with a smile on my face. While I'm sad to say goodbye to the great characters I'm completely satisfied with the way things ended.

Frannie is just as kick-ass as ever but she isn't quite as spunky as she was in the previous books. A lot has happened and grief has made her a m
Lynsey
Sep 10, 2012 Lynsey rated it it was amazing
I was incredibly lucky to win the last ARC of Last Rite from Lisa Desrochers herself many months ago now and I immediately devoured the book in one sitting. I’m a HUGE fan of this book series and it goes without saying that if you haven’t read Personal Demons or Original Sin, please go no further as you will encounter spoilers.

If you’re still with me, you’ll know that this is the last book in the trilogy which makes it a bittersweet reading experience. I mean, I was dying to know what happened b
Kelly Hager
May 15, 2012 Kelly Hager rated it liked it
I read the first two books in this trilogy last year, in fairly quick succession. I read the first book a week or two before BEA and was full of hope that I'd be able to get book two at BEA, saving me from having to wait a few extra weeks to read it. (I was not that lucky.) Fast forward to now, a year later. I still love this series, one of the most fun paranormal YA offerings in recent memory. I love Frannie and her two potential boyfriends, Luc (short for "Lucifer," a guy who used to be a demo ...more
Nandanie
Pedmy
Radiant
Jun 23, 2012 Radiant rated it really liked it
Atlast...i got a chance to read and finish this book and i enjoyed the last series fully..

Frannie is with Luc and Gabe away from family in a safe place...is it?Nope bcoz who they all want to avoid the most is messing with Fannie's mind and is confusing her more than ever...
Luc is determined to save Frannie even if costs hating her and Gabe wants to save her even though that means him turning mortal..
And Frannie is sucked in the mysterious nightmares,a green eyed angel who promises her to keep sa
Jenny
Jul 12, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
Last Rite picks up immediately following the events of Original Sin, sparing us barely a moment to take a deep breath before we’re launched into the middle of the ongoing battle between Heaven and Hell. Those who may be a little foggy on the details of book two may want to consider rereading the concluding chapters at the very least, as Ms. Desrochers spends very little time reintroducing characters and events, instead focusing on moving things forward at a lightning-quick speed that leaves us f ...more
Carina
Meh.

The characters didn't really evolve for my liking. It actually felt like they moved backwards instead of forward. The love triangle, turned into, a love disaster, really. And I was extremly unhappy about it. I also kept rolling my eyes at so much "It's all my fault, I have to stay away from everyone" coming from all the characters and I mostly kept reading, cause I wanted this to be over already.
I thought there was gonna be some growth in this book. That something was gonna change and WOW m
Jessica
Jul 02, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
Had the potential to be sooo much better! I couldn't even get through the first twenty pages.
Maria
Dec 11, 2012 Maria marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-i-own, 2012
Review to come!
Jessica
Oct 13, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
This was a tough one for me. I greatly enjoyed the first two books in the series, but had some trouble getting through this one.

First, the things I liked: This one is again told from the alternating first-person perspectives of the 3 main characters, Frannie, Luc, and Gabe. While I like this aspect for story telling purposes because it allows you to know what's going on in the personal thought processes of each character, and it allows you to get the story in a sort of "real-time" kind of way,
Gabe or Luc? 4 52 Sep 14, 2012 11:21PM
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
  • Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #1)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • The Springsweet (The Vespertine, #2)
  • Reign Storm (Demon Princess, #4)
  • Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Absolution (Heavenly, #3)
  • Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)
  • The Demoness of Waking Dreams (The Company of Angels, #2)
Lisa Desrochers is the USA Today bestselling author of the A LITTLE TOO FAR series, courtesy of HarperCollins. Also in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan). Look for her upcoming adult contemporary featuring hot Mafiosi, begining with OUTSIDE THE LINES , coming from Penguin in October 2015.

She lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is n
More about Lisa Desrochers...

Personal Demons (3 books)
  • Personal Demons (Personal Demons, #1)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)