Start by marking “Le Nöel Parfait” as Want to Read:
Le Nöel Parfait

Le Nöel Parfait (I'll Be Home for Christmas)

3.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Nick DeNeige is in love with his roommate and best friend, Gabriel Engel, but he’s certain Gabriel doesn’t return his feelings. Still, he intends to spend a quiet Christmas Eve with his friend, but plans suddenly change, and at the last minute, Gabriel is called away by his family. When Nick arrives home from work to find Gabriel there, his heart lodges in his throat. Is t ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Le Nöel Parfait, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le Nöel Parfait

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Book starts at 3% and ends at 87%

I love this what I assume is an editing miss:
"Especially if Gabriel had done the typical straight thing and been nervous all the time that Nick would come on him."

I think it should be the straight guy is worried the gay guy will come onto him. Least I hope nick is not walking around coming on straight guys.

(view spoiler)
Stacey Rhodes
I liked the characters...what's not to like? That was part of the problem: no conflict. Why did they suddenly love each other now? The reader didn't get to see any of the buildup to where they are now, other than the flashbacks (and there was one flashback inside another...very confusing, lol). I think this writer has potential, but more plot development and just...more would go a long way. Also the deed thing was kind of odd and out of place and pushed my disbelief button.
Serena Yates
Dec 17, 2011 Serena Yates rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a cute story about Nick, who has fallen in love with the man he took into his home three years ago when fire destroyed Gabe’s home. They have become great friends and, like so often, do not want to do anything to endanger that.

Nick’s initial disappointment about not being able to spend Christmas with Gabe due to some last minute changes to his friend’s plans almost pushes him into depression. His realization that he loves Gabe as more than a friend is fairly recent and he has no idea wha
Meggie
Dec 12, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts, christmas
This short story was sweet and romantic as hell, but simple to short, and just a description of one perfect Christmas evening was to short to say, I love it.
Lucy
Dec 17, 2011 Lucy rated it liked it
Friends to lovers and it's very sweet but it's too short to get to know th e characters much,mthough what we get of them is lovely.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
This would have been great as a backstory or set up to a longer book, but on its own it's just a very short encounter.
qx
Dec 15, 2011 qx rated it it was ok
Shelves: have
2.5
melek
Dec 30, 2013 melek rated it it was amazing
Three years ago nick and Gabriel meet after nick house was on fire. Since then they been living together as friends. They both been in-love with each other and either said anything. But this xmas is going to be different and confess.
Rachel
This was short and sweet...more emphasis on the short than anything else. No real conflict, just a quick read.
Sadonna
Dec 17, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, anthology, holidays
Very sweet romantic friends-to-lovers Christmas story. I hope we get to see more of Gabe and Nicky.
Donnerhall
Feb 17, 2013 Donnerhall rated it liked it
A good short christmas story. I really liked the French!
Morgana
OkayKim
Dec 26, 2015 OkayKim rated it really liked it
3.5
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2016
Carrie
Carrie rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Moomba
Moomba marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2015
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Marie G
Marie G rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Dionne
Dionne rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Noe Hašek
Noe Hašek rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Ahud
Ahud rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

I'll Be Home for Christmas (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • The Boy Behind the Red Door