Start by marking “Long Road Back” as Want to Read:
Long Road Back

Long Road Back (I'll Be Home for Christmas)

2.98 of 5 stars 2.98  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Yoo Lee Shin had great hopes for his new life studying engineering in Australia, but nothing could have prepared him for the wonder of falling in love. His roommate’s brother, Craig, is beautiful, kind, and brave—and, very shortly after they meet, he’s deployed. As Christmas nears, can Shin keep hope for a happy ending bright enough to guide Craig to him on the long road b ...more
ebook, 1st Edition, 72 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Back

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
It started off ok and I liked it, was thinking it was about four stars but then…

(view spoiler)
Serena Yates
This story, to me, exemplifies the Christmas spirit. The quiet romance which started between Shin, a Korean student in Darwin, Australia and Craig, his roommate’s brother, really touched me. There is a lot of detail, enabling me to picture exactly what Darwin might be like (hot) and who the people in the story are (wonderful and welcoming).

Shin is the one who tells the story, and his quiet, unassuming voice gives great detail and reveals very deep emotions – once I got to know him. Much like he’
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*

I actually enjoyed this story. I felt like there was real emotion in Craig and Shin's feelings even if it was insta-love. I loved both Shin and Craig and how they danced around each other a bit in the beginning but I also thought it was sweet the way they didn't jump into bed 5 minutes after meeting each other. I also found it hilarious Shin's best friend, Tisha, and how she had a hand in getting the two of them together.

I really did enjoy the story but it felt like it ended way too soo
Anke

First thought was "doesn't sound like a winner, either", but after finishing it, I have to say, it was a nice story. I liked the development of the relationship between Craig and Shin, for my liking the over-and-over-again mentioning of Shin's background as a Korean was a bit too much - I got it after the first two times:) I also felt too educated on Aussie slang, but that's just me. Will I try another story by this author? Maybe.

Veronica /  V
This is a really nice story, I'm a sucker for Australian settings.
I have only 1 complain. Why some authors finished stories so abrupt?
I know most of the stories from this series are short, but does it mean do I have to write my own ending? I wanted to know what happen so badly and I really thought my kindle was playing games on me and deleted a chapter or two.
Wonderful story, I love Shin..such a lovely gentle character. A sequel perhaps?
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is the third in the DSP Advents calendar stories.
I couldn't really get into it, I didn't care about the MC's and I felt I was being "told" a story not "shown".
Carole
This was the fourth in Dreamspinner Press's Advent calendar 2011. It's a bit exotic, being set in Darwin, Australia with a Korean protagonist, Yoo Lee Shin. Shin has gone to Australia to pursue a graduate degree. He falls in love with his roommate's brother Craig, and this is their story.
The bits about Darwin and the local color are interesting, and, despite the insta-love, which never quite rings true to me, it kept my attention. This is an imaginative short m/m romance that isn't fluffy. I wou
Sadonna
This is a very sweet short story about Shin, a student from Korea, and Craig, an Australian soldier who happens to be the brother of Shin's flatmate and best friend, Tisha. I love reading about other places and cultures, so I enjoyed the Australian setting. It's a place I really hope to visit soon. The budding friendship/relationship between Shin and Craig is lovely to read. Shin's confidence in himself and dealing with his family is also very uplifting. Tisha is a fun character and friend and t ...more
Rachel
3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 here just because I did enjoy this one. I thought it was a very sweet story, but I also felt like this could be a full length novella or novel! I really enjoyed the characters, especially Shin, and would have loved to read more about him and Craig and heck, the whole family. And Shin's family. See? I just want more! Really enjoyed the writing in this one.
Tara
Ok, so I'm torn about this story. It is full of potential, but I feel like it doesn't deliver. I felt a disconnect from the characters and I feel like there was so much introduced that never went anywhere. Mostly it felt like someone took a great full length story and tried to write the abridged version.
melek
Shin falls in love with his roommates brother, when she invites him over to her parents home. He meet Craig and they hit it off.
Meggie
The story was warm and partly enjoyable, but overall just wasn't interesting. The plot was easy and character boring. Something was missing in this short story, some energy..everything was so passive.
Idamus
Dec 27, 2014 Idamus rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Sweet, but despite being short, not rushed
Linda-Grace
really enjoyed this.
Morgana
dx
Dec 06, 2011 dx rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: have
1.5
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Ahud
Ahud marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Nic
Nic added it
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
L.J. LaBarthe is an Australian woman living with disabilities and her cat. She has always loved books, music, and daydreaming. She has written stories since childhood, often drawing pictures to accompany her tales. She won a competition for drawing a picture of Australian Humpty Dumpty, complete with Aussie hat when she was a young child. The drawing was accompanied by an adventure story with Hump ...more
More about L.J. LaBarthe...

I'll Be Home for Christmas (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • The Boy Behind the Red Door
  • Happiness for Beginners
  • Jolly Old St. Barts
  • Let It Snow
  • Le Nöel Parfait
No Quarter (Archangel Chronicles #1) City of Gold (City of... #1) No Surrender, No Retreat (Archangel Chronicles, #2) No Shadows Fall (Archangel Chronicles, #3) City of Jade (City of...#2)