Start by marking “Petra's Getaway” as Want to Read:
Petra's Getaway

Petra's Getaway (James Potter)

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  392 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
This story is a little unusual. It is a side story that takes place during the Christmas holidays of the book called “James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper”, which is sequel to “James Potter and the Hall of Elders’ Crossing”. If you have not yet read those books, this tale will contain a rather large and important “spoiler”, and furthermore, may not make as much sen ...more
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Petra's Getaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petra's Getaway

Linda
Nov 15, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I want to read this but can't access it please help
Maria Eleynita
This extra short stories was such a delight to read. This i believe was a companion to the book about HP's son James. Short, fast and fun.
Jovy
May 11, 2013 Jovy rated it really liked it
"I made you laugh. That's what the people who you love are good for. We can make you laugh no matter how bleak things look" and "It's all a grand adventure. And the people who love you - people like me - will be along for the ride, every step of the way." Both quotes from Ted Lupin

This says it all!!! Another great side story to what happened behind the bigger scenes that make it to the book's final copy.

I hope you'll make more stories about the Potters and the rest of the magical world!!! Can't
Hannah Thomas
Dec 14, 2014 Hannah Thomas rated it liked it
Do read the description: You want to read this AFTER finishing the first and second books of the James Potter series. I didn't see much in this except the struggle that Petra was going through: finding the love from her father, a parent she never knew.
Professor Paul
Oct 12, 2015 Professor Paul rated it it was amazing
i would just say dat 13 pages is not large enough to call this a book. the 2 stars i hav given is merely bcoz i m a great fan of lippert and jp, AND also bcoz this book can b called a great chapter.
mr lippert, pls concentrate on jp and crimson thread!
Lady Belinda
Nov 23, 2011 Lady Belinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, magic
Another great short story. I like reading the stories with Petra and the focal point. I have read 'The Girl on the Dock' and this short story and really like getting to know more about Petra. I look forward to finding out more about her in future stories.
Elysa
Jun 01, 2014 Elysa rated it really liked it
Shelves: harry-potter
An awesome addition to the James Potter series! Seeing this glimpse of Petra helped me make sense of why she made the decisions she did in the Curse of the Gatekeeper. I highly recommend reading it right after finishing that book.
Cassie Hawkings
Petra's Getaway is a companion piece to Lippert's James Potter series. In this short tale, James' friend Petra is spending Christmas with James, his brother Albus and their cousin Rose at Hogwarts. From her father, Petra receives an invisibility cloak. She understands that a lot of things are now different especially with her curse.

As I have not read the other James Potter stories I do not get a lot of this but when get around to it I will read them and hopefully understand a bit more about Petr
Michael Burhans
Oct 01, 2014 Michael Burhans rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
As with the others in the series, not as good as Rowling's work, but fun and a nice revisit to the world of Potter.
Kumar Ashutosh
May 18, 2016 Kumar Ashutosh rated it liked it
Not s much Interesting, other than seeing the wants and woes of Petra Morganstern.
Maria Miaoulis
Jul 29, 2014 Maria Miaoulis rated it liked it
Although this short story does shine a bit of light on Petra's thought process during "James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper," there's nothing really substantial that happens to make you go "Ah-ha!" as the pieces fall into place. Then again, what little does happen isn't quite clear either.
Jesús Cardeña Morales
Oct 03, 2015 Jesús Cardeña Morales rated it really liked it
Petra se está convirtiendo en mi personaje favorito de la saga. Aún en esta historia que era cortita, me llama la atención como un mismo personaje puede tener tantas luces y sombras. Tengo ganas de leer más sobre ella.
Edwin Kort
Kort verhaal in de James Potter (ja James, niet Harry) wereld.

Weinig bijzonders. De schrijver G. Norman Lippert heeft betere verhalen geschreven dan deze. Dit verhaal speelt zich af tijdens de reis die de Potter's maken naar Amerika.
Daryza
Mar 11, 2015 Daryza added it
nice
TinTin Kalaw
It's quite a tad bit dark to be considered a Christmas story.. Petra's character surely evolved differently than the one I thought I imagined to be. I never thought of her a sort of "clingy-not-moving-on" type :/
Diana
Feb 07, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: diip, fanfic
Armas ja tähendusrikas looke ühest väikesest jõuluvaheajast (ajaliselt paigutub Lipperti II raamatusse). Annab igastahes paar vajalikku nüanssi lisaks - eriti Petra teemasse. Ja Petra/Morgan mulle meeldib :)
Clorissa Rene' Brown
Jun 13, 2012 Clorissa Rene' Brown rated it really liked it
It really helped me see where Petras head was at in the final chapters. Also, it made me love Petra and Teds friendship. I suddenly like Ted a lot more. He's more than just the incarnation of a Weasly twin.
Elaine White
Feb 05, 2013 Elaine White rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It's great to see another side to a story, especially one like the James Potter series. Petra is such an interesting character and I'm glad she got her own story.
Namitha Varma
Oct 27, 2014 Namitha Varma rated it liked it
Gives a bit of insight into Petra's character - more than the James Potter series does. I'm inspired to read The Girl on the Dock as well, if it was not so ruddy costly when translated to INR!
Jeffrey
Dec 30, 2012 Jeffrey rated it liked it
I read this and am not sure how I feel about it. There is a wickedness there that is shocking. It was touching in parts, but also tinges of evil. I am debating whether one outweighs the other.
Simon Scholz
Jan 09, 2013 Simon Scholz rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ebook
Nice addition to “James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper”. Shapes the two characters very well but left out what that brooch really is. Some more stories to write Mr. Lippert...
Annice22
Aug 21, 2013 Annice22 rated it did not like it
I thought this story was boring and the only good part featured Teddy Lupin's conversation with the main character of this story, Petra.

Otherwise this story was rather dull.
Andria
Jan 31, 2013 Andria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: james-potter, fantasy
This story made me like and understand Petra's motivation. I like how it really set up book number 3 in the James potter series.
Rita Wheeler
May 31, 2014 Rita Wheeler rated it liked it
Once again, a well written story. Love Mr. Lipperts style of writing. Just wish the story had been a bit longer! :)
Potteriffic_prof
Jul 11, 2013 Potteriffic_prof rated it really liked it
This was an interesting side story. I am curious to see where the story "girl on the dock" takes her.
Kathleen Weddle
Mar 20, 2013 Kathleen Weddle rated it really liked it
This was more intriguing than the girl on the dock, it offered more insight into Petra's father.
Mania Sing
Absolutely touching. It was both sad and wonderful at the same time. I absolutely loved it!
Raeshawn Gibson
Jul 08, 2013 Raeshawn Gibson is currently reading it
I would like to read the story but it doesn't give me the option. How can I access it.
Nikki
Aug 28, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the three Christmas tales.
Elizabeth
Sep 22, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Didn't really like this short story.
  • James Potter and The Bolt of Ages (James Potter Project #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
  • Debaixo de Algum Céu
  • Os Olhos de Ana Marta
  • Os Malaquias
  • The Naked Quidditch Match
  • Living Without Danger
  • A Bolsa Amarela
  • Malena es un nombre de tango
  • Repotting Harry Potter: A Professor's Book-by-Book Guide for the Serious Re-Reader
  • The Tenth Dark Lord a' Leaping  (Demon Slayer, #5.5)
  • My Wife's Story
  • Para onde vão os guarda-chuvas
  • Glutsand (Die Sturmkönige, #3)
  • Wilted (The Witching Pen series, #0.5)
  • Unlocking Harry Potter: Five Keys for the Serious Reader
  • Eichmann and the Holocaust
  • Harry Potter & Imagination: The Way Between Two Worlds

James Potter (5 books)
  • James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1)
  • James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper (James Potter, #2)
  • James Potter and the Vault of Destinies (James Potter, #3)
  • James Potter and the Morrigan Web (James Potter, #4)
  • James Potter and the Crimson Thread (James Potter, #5)