Start by marking “Petra's Getaway” as Want to Read:
Petra's Getaway

Petra's Getaway

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  362 ratings  ·  34 reviews
This story is a little unusual. It is a side story that takes place during the Christmas holidays of the book called “James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper”, which is sequel to “James Potter and the Hall of Elders’ Crossing”. If you have not yet read those books, this tale will contain a rather large and important “spoiler”, and furthermore, may not make as much sen ...more
Published (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Petra's Getaway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Petra's Getaway

Nov 15, 2013 Linda rated it 5 of 5 stars
I want to read this but can't access it please help
This extra short stories was such a delight to read. This i believe was a companion to the book about HP's son James. Short, fast and fun.
"I made you laugh. That's what the people who you love are good for. We can make you laugh no matter how bleak things look" and "It's all a grand adventure. And the people who love you - people like me - will be along for the ride, every step of the way." Both quotes from Ted Lupin

This says it all!!! Another great side story to what happened behind the bigger scenes that make it to the book's final copy.

I hope you'll make more stories about the Potters and the rest of the magical world!!! Can't
Professor Paul
i would just say dat 13 pages is not large enough to call this a book. the 2 stars i hav given is merely bcoz i m a great fan of lippert and jp, AND also bcoz this book can b called a great chapter.
mr lippert, pls concentrate on jp and crimson thread!
Lady Belinda
Another great short story. I like reading the stories with Petra and the focal point. I have read 'The Girl on the Dock' and this short story and really like getting to know more about Petra. I look forward to finding out more about her in future stories.
An awesome addition to the James Potter series! Seeing this glimpse of Petra helped me make sense of why she made the decisions she did in the Curse of the Gatekeeper. I highly recommend reading it right after finishing that book.
Cassie Hawkings
Petra's Getaway is a companion piece to Lippert's James Potter series. In this short tale, James' friend Petra is spending Christmas with James, his brother Albus and their cousin Rose at Hogwarts. From her father, Petra receives an invisibility cloak. She understands that a lot of things are now different especially with her curse.

As I have not read the other James Potter stories I do not get a lot of this but when get around to it I will read them and hopefully understand a bit more about Petr
Hannah Thomas
Do read the description: You want to read this AFTER finishing the first and second books of the James Potter series. I didn't see much in this except the struggle that Petra was going through: finding the love from her father, a parent she never knew.
Michael Burhans
As with the others in the series, not as good as Rowling's work, but fun and a nice revisit to the world of Potter.
Maria Miaoulis
Although this short story does shine a bit of light on Petra's thought process during "James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper," there's nothing really substantial that happens to make you go "Ah-ha!" as the pieces fall into place. Then again, what little does happen isn't quite clear either.
Jesús Cardeña Morales
Petra se está convirtiendo en mi personaje favorito de la saga. Aún en esta historia que era cortita, me llama la atención como un mismo personaje puede tener tantas luces y sombras. Tengo ganas de leer más sobre ella.
Mar 11, 2015 Daryza added it
TinTin Kalaw
It's quite a tad bit dark to be considered a Christmas story.. Petra's character surely evolved differently than the one I thought I imagined to be. I never thought of her a sort of "clingy-not-moving-on" type :/
Armas ja tähendusrikas looke ühest väikesest jõuluvaheajast (ajaliselt paigutub Lipperti II raamatusse). Annab igastahes paar vajalikku nüanssi lisaks - eriti Petra teemasse. Ja Petra/Morgan mulle meeldib :)
Clorissa Rene' Brown
It really helped me see where Petras head was at in the final chapters. Also, it made me love Petra and Teds friendship. I suddenly like Ted a lot more. He's more than just the incarnation of a Weasly twin.
Elaine White
I really enjoyed this story. It's great to see another side to a story, especially one like the James Potter series. Petra is such an interesting character and I'm glad she got her own story.
Namitha Varma
Gives a bit of insight into Petra's character - more than the James Potter series does. I'm inspired to read The Girl on the Dock as well, if it was not so ruddy costly when translated to INR!
I read this and am not sure how I feel about it. There is a wickedness there that is shocking. It was touching in parts, but also tinges of evil. I am debating whether one outweighs the other.
Simon Scholz
Nice addition to “James Potter and the Curse of the Gatekeeper”. Shapes the two characters very well but left out what that brooch really is. Some more stories to write Mr. Lippert...
I thought this story was boring and the only good part featured Teddy Lupin's conversation with the main character of this story, Petra.

Otherwise this story was rather dull.
This story made me like and understand Petra's motivation. I like how it really set up book number 3 in the James potter series.
Rita Wheeler
Once again, a well written story. Love Mr. Lipperts style of writing. Just wish the story had been a bit longer! :)
This was an interesting side story. I am curious to see where the story "girl on the dock" takes her.
Kathleen Weddle
This was more intriguing than the girl on the dock, it offered more insight into Petra's father.
Mania Sing
Absolutely touching. It was both sad and wonderful at the same time. I absolutely loved it!
Raeshawn Gibson
Jul 08, 2013 Raeshawn Gibson is currently reading it
I would like to read the story but it doesn't give me the option. How can I access it.
My favorite of the three Christmas tales.
Didn't really like this short story.
Debra Meinhardt
Gives you a bit more background
  • James Potter and The Bolt of Ages (James Potter Project #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Psychic Serpent
  • Debaixo de Algum Céu
  • Os Olhos de Ana Marta
  • A Bolsa Amarela
  • Os Malaquias
  • Living With Danger
  • Repotting Harry Potter: A Professor's Book-by-Book Guide for the Serious Re-Reader
  • Unlocking Harry Potter: Five Keys for the Serious Reader
  • My Wife's Story
  • Para onde vão os guarda-chuvas
  • The Tenth Dark Lord a' Leaping (A Short Story)
  • Malena es un nombre de tango
  • Tyler's Story (Tales of Quelondain)
  • Glutsand (Die Sturmkönige, #3)
  • The Syndrome (Kingdom Keepers, #7.5)
  • Wilted (The Witching Pen series, #0.5)
  • Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality