Start by marking “Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)” as Want to Read:
Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler, #10)

Black Butler, Vol. 10 (Black Butler #10)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  2,897 ratings  ·  65 reviews
With his royally sanctioned dinner party a shambles and a murderer on the loose, Earl Ciel Phantomhive is a veritable prisoner in his own home, alongside those of his guests who still live. And in the most shocking of turns, the young earl now finds himself without his indispensible manservant, Sebastian. But as the mystery deepens, there arrives upon the young earl's door ...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Yen Press (first published September 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Black Butler, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Butler, Vol. 10

Rose
Zzz...

Oh wait, I'm supposed to write a review for this. Right. So um, well, you were really not that great. You know, considering that I almost fell asleep in the bookstore while reading you. I pretty much would have fallen asleep while reading you but then my friend decided to tell me about the bookish suck fest she had to deal with so I didn't. Fall asleep, that is. Anyway, I don't have much to tell you anymore. Wait. I do. You are a weirdo. You're full of plot holes and you just don't make se
Sakura Yue Michaelis
I am not sure if it is because I read it beforehand or what, but it was kind of obvious that Jeremy was Sebastian! First of all, he was very clever and cool. Secondly, the way Ciel looked at him was like 'So you are alive' kind of way, AND Jeremy teased Ciel the way only Sebastian does. And third, Jeremy has that aura of confidence and elegance only Sebastian has!

Anyway, I liked this volume very much. I hope there is a chapter in the anime based on this one. I am surprised to see that they chan
Despair Speaking
Yvensong
The game is afoot! A third person has been found murdered. Everyone is a suspect, yet there appears to be no way that any one person at the party could have committed all three murders. Is there someone lurking about outside who might be committing these atrocities? As the guests ponder the possibilities, Vicar Jeremy (Bret) (Basil) Rathbone (hahah) drops in and volunteers to solve ala Sherlock Holmes-style the unsolvable.

To those familiar with the Arthur Conan Doyle stores, the Holmes referenc
Mᴀʟxᴏx ♥
I like this so much better than the anime, oh my goodness why did they chaaaange it??
Cornerofmadness
Laura Graves

After the shocking developments in the last volume, I was eager to get started on this one as soon as possible. Alas! Others beat me to hold shelves and it felt like I had to wait forever to get this one. Honestly, it didn’t quite live up to my expectations.

With Sebastian dead, Ciel seems to be at a loss of what to do about the murders in the mansion. Suddenly, man who seems suspiciously like Sherlock Holmes shows up. The thought had
Dani
If the last volume was all about shock, plot twists and, well, murders, this one got to the suspense and reasoning. Overall, the last volume was executed better, but this is still great.

The general explanation given for the deaths was somewhat hard to follow, though that's likely more down to my being easily confused than anything. However, I feel like things aren't over and there's some holes left that haven't been cleared up--the explanation didn't tie up everything, but I get the feeling that
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3.5/5
[Also available on my blog.]

This volume continued the murder mystery from the last, and I’m a bit upset about this, but my enthusiasm for this series has lessened a little bit. I still like it, but I really want to like it more. I just hope that it kicks back up.

So, (Sir) Arther (Conan Doyle) is still trying to solve the mystery, with Ciel and others pushing him and each other, and some of the others are freaking out over not knowing who it is. They’ve got three, including Sebastian, dead,
Elaine
Ehh. "The story wrapped" is pretty much how I feel about these last two volumes. I probably should go back and reread the last volume and this volume to get a better sense of how the drama unfolded, but I'm honestly a little upset that the notes for the last volume pretty much gave away the twist to the story. Not everyone may recognize the name Arthur C. Doyle, but use it in the same sentence as the name Sherlock Holmes and everyone gets the reference.

As I remember it in the previous volume, t
Vanessa
Hello, volume 10 of Black Butler! It's been the requisite three to four months since the last volume. How time does fly, Yen Press!

Volume X picks up where Volume IX left off. There's a storm outside the Phantomhive manor. Ciel has called a group of rich socialites (including a certain young Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) to his mansion on Queen Victoria's orders, and they seem to be dropping like flies. Hell, Sebastian, the demon butler died in the previous volume, bludgeoned over the head with a firep
MissAnnThrope
18 January 2013

Black Butler, Vol. 10 continues with the murder mystery plot from the last volume, paying homage to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Hats off to Yana Toboso for cleverly melding the two together.

I love this tribute picture.
(view spoiler)

I admire the care taken to write a suspenseful mystery and enhancing it with the intricate artwork. I think this series is one of the rare ones that actually does bo
Tifa
This story was fabulous, and I loved everything about it. While I usually like Black Butler for its gorgeous art and oddly endearing characters, the Circus arc left me a little shaken by the tone and disappointed with the direction things were headed. This murder-mystery plot has more than made up for it. I don't want to spoil anything, but I love the mangaka for choosing one of my all-time favorite fictional characters as a bit of a model. I love sometimes how real historical figures are portra ...more
Fernanda Malvido
This was icredible! amazing volume!
although i was spoiled that Jeremy was actually Sebastian, i enjoyed the story anyway.
i loved how the case was resolved, and how sebastian acted to resolve it like Sherlock Holmes. ^^
I loved everything and the art was amazing and beautifully done.
Lucy Fiola
Who is the murder? The answer come in a great plot twist!
Arthur is adorably cute when he gets flustered and he is one of my favourite characters in the book. He is the only one who solves the puzzle of who the mysterious victor is!
Had a great and shocking cliffhanger! Can't wait to read the next book!!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Murder mystery continues, one suspects the other and interesting twists and turns. Another good volume. At times it got a little predictable but I still like the volume and series.
Talyn
Instead of finding Sebastian charming, I find him pretentious and holier-than-thou, or maybe damneder-than-thou (yes I can take liberties to make new words! )

I also hate how painfully devoted the servants are to Ciel. He's a brat. I appreciate my Mom for giving me life and everything I need, but I don't kowtow to her..maybe that's a bad example?

Whatever. I hate people and the number of people I respect in their entirety I can name on one hand.

Ugh, I HATE cats. Absolutely hate them. Another reas
Sarah Jane Smith
Also known as the conclusion to the Phantomhive murder mystery arc. A lot less action, a lot more resolution, and a new character that will have Sherlock Holmes fans jumping out of their seat (as if having the author himself in the story wasn't enough!). I love the Phantomhive staff in this one, especially Tanaka, who raised his coolness level 200% just in the first chapter. I also love that we saw more of Ciel without Sebastian and that he is capable of making relationships with other people. A ...more
Rena
Yeah... I don't remember exactly what goes on in this particular book. I know it is part of the murder mystery arc, but aside from that... not a clue.
Llc
Tanaka es mi héroe. El mayordomo de la reina debe ser como las lechuzas de Twin Peaks. Me parto con lo que sospechaba. ¡Estudio en Escarlata!
Olivia
Unlike others, I greatly enjoyed this volume. For me it was quickly paced, just as a murder mystery should be.
Reeva
CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!!!

Well well well, wasn't that volume exciting?? Jeremy came around giving orders and sounding less like a doc and knew a lot more then he should have. He was a suspisious charater until we learn the truth. Jeremy was Sebastian in disguise!!! WHAT!?! Of course I knew Sebastain didn't die, but I wasn't expecting that. They blamed the diamond mad for the killings, and a snake was his accomplice. I don't agree. I think there is more to this story then meets the eye.

Awww Sebastai
Sasuke Uchiha's older Sis
love ciel i wish alois was in the manga edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mariah
The snake... I hate them. So glad as to what happens in the end though!
Justin
What a great murder mystery. Especially with all the quirks of everyone's personality. I really enjoyed this short story.
Anushka
i love love love this series so much
Vivi
too easy to guess?
Kate
  • Pandora Hearts 10
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 07: Crossroad (D.Gray-man, #7)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7
Yana Toboso (枢 やな Toboso Yana) is a female Japanese manga artist born in Warabi, Saitama Prefecture, Japan and currently resides in Yokohama. She is best known for Black Butler (黒執事 Kuroshitsuji), a popular shonen manga series.

She has also written yaoi under the pen name Yanao Rock (簗緒ろく).

Appearance
Yana Toboso draws herself as a devil with a black body and horns, a white head, and a pointed tail.
More about Yana Toboso...
Black Butler, Vol. 01 (Black Butler, #1) Black Butler, Vol. 3 (Black Butler, #3) Black Butler, Vol. 02 (Black Butler, #2) Black Butler, Vol. 6 (Black Butler, #6) Black Butler, Vol. 04 (Black Butler, #4)