Start by marking “Binding Arbitration (Binding Arbitration, #1)” as Want to Read:
Binding Arbitration (Binding Arbitration, #1)

Binding Arbitration (Binding Arbitration #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  1,883 ratings  ·  303 reviews
Through the corridors of the Windy City’s criminal courts, single mother Libby Tucker knows exactly how far she’ll go to save her cancer-stricken son’s life. The undefeated defense attorney is prepared to take her fight all the way to the majors.

Circumstances force Libby to plead her case at the cleats of celebrity baseball player Banford Aidan Palowski, the man who discar
Published November 5th 2011 by Elizabeth Dembinski

To ask other readers questions about Binding Arbitration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Binding Arbitration

The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine AllredParadise by Judith McNaughtWild Card by Lora LeighAfter the Night by Linda HowardAny Man of Mine by Rachel Gibson
Best Reconciliation Romance Books
28th out of 226 books — 222 voters
Consequences by Aleatha RomigBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireTruth by Aleatha RomigOn Dublin Street by Samantha YoungThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
New Authors to Read
233rd out of 2,505 books — 3,220 voters

More lists with this book...

Mysza
"God works in mysterious ways, He does."
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

This book definitely joins my top 10 all time favourites, and 5 stars is not enough to do it justice. I loved this book, I adored it, I savoured it. I laughed some and I cried some, and then I laughed some more and cried some more. It was a book about love, forgiveness, redemption, second chances, acceptance and healing.

It had a lot of moments when I was laughing out loud but it also had moments
Catarina
4,5 Binding Stars.

Libby and Aidan were in love once, but wrong choices and mistakes put them apart for the last years.
Now Libby is reaching Aidan again, their son has cancer and needs a suitable donor. Abandoning Libby in the past (while pregnant) was the worst mistake of Aidan’s life. Now he’s a famous baseball player but he intends to make up for all the lost time, as the same time he fights for his son life. But the past can’t always be forgotten, and while forgiveness is a four letter world,
Jennifer Kyle
Do you believe in love, ghosts, glitter love hand cuffs, and forgiveness?

This is one profoundly powerful, touching, tear-jerker of a story.

A box of tissues should be kept within reach!

*Please read the short prequel Cutters & Jocks before starting this novel.

Where to begin? Elizabeth ‘Libby’ Tucker is a high profile Chicago attorney who is forced to contact her old college boyfriend, Banford Aidan Palowski, who is now a professional baseball player. He is to be tested as a possible bone marr
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ Lucas, James Jethro, Daniel, Q,Rule and Clay ✝✝

I AM SMILING, HAPPY, CRYING AND HEARTBROKEN PRESENTLY

photo freakingout_zpsd10b2d53.gif

photo tumblr_mlkcqrdD5j1re4b2co1_500.gif

photo tumblr_m5pqi74jif1rsqe18o2_500.gif

"I never threatened physical violence"
"It was sexual retribution"

"Cass figured out I'm your boyfriend. Although, as your boyfriend, he would like me to take pup all kissing duties"

"You used me, Ms Tucker"
"Remember, I'm a seasoned negotiator"
"And I might drag the contract out for so long it goes into binding arbitration"

photo tumblr_mogh0g37q41snx94to1_500.gif

I read the prequel first...Cutters vs Jocks and immediately started this one. My heart was reeling from first preq
Patrycja
GOD ALL THOSE FEELINGS...
I have no words.
Do you hear it? That's my heart breaking.

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘
FOUR AND A HALF STARS!

It's been almost two weeks since I finished this book and quite frankly, I'm still struggling to put into words the effect this book had on me. The last 25% wrecked me. I cannot even tell you how much I cried in the end, and I was so grateful that it was a Sunday afternoon when I finished it so that I could just lay on my bed surrounded by feels.

Binding Arbitration is a second chance romance for celebrity baseball player Banford Aidan Palowski and top defense attorney Eliza
Mo
"So that's what we learned -loss with its unlimited power to destroy - could be overcome with love. And love was the thing that bound us together. It wasn't arbitrary; it was contingent upon the soul's discretion and once found it wasn't easily abandoned."

WOW! First time reading this author - bit of a rollercoaster but well worth it. Great characters, love the strong heroine. I laughed, I cried. I read a lot of books, some good, some bad, some indifferent. And a lot of the books I read are not e
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★4.5 Stars★★★★

Forgiveness, love and redemption all brought about by a little boy called Cass.

Libby and Aiden met at college, which you can read about in the free prequel Cutter's and Jocks, they were friends but it was complicated, she was from the wrong part of town and he was an athlete with big plans.

Libby is raising her six year old son by herself, she is a criminal defence attorney and struggling to come to terms with the fact that she needs to ask help from the one person she never tho
Roksana
Didi
4.5 STARS

SPOILERS FOR CUTTERS VS JOCKS!!

I don't even know where to start! How about, this was a beautiful, touching, magical and angsty story about love and loss, hope and forgiveness, truth vs. assumptions and second chances? You need to read the prequel, Cutters vs. Jocks before this and for both expect cry-filled reads.
This was very well written, atmospheric at times and quite engrossing. I loved how everything came together and how the present almost mimicked the past, but in a profoundly be
Anja

"..LOVING AND FORGIVING
is one in the same.."

OH BOY...this book! SO MANY FEELS....
I'm a little afraid to write this review because so many of my dear GR friends loved it so much. Unfortunately, I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.

(view spoiler)
Elizabeth
Before you read Binding Arbitration, you should read the novella:
Cutters vs. Jocks (Binding Arbitration, #0.5) by Elizabeth Marx

It really helps to understand the history of these two characters. The magnitude of the love they feel for each other and the devastation they both feel being ripped apart.

“Every decision has costs, every action consequences, but inaction often leads to remorse.”

description

Years have passed since Libby and Aidan were in college. Libby has a sweet little dimpled boy that reminds her of Aidan. She has gone on to become a successful lawyer. Ai
Suzanne
5 ‘All of it’ STARS

Wow! I’m wrecked and revived after this fantastic read.

A deeply moving story about love, loss, growing up and most of all, second chances and forgiveness. Ms. Marx is a great writer. I loved her witty retorts, double entendres, deeply beautiful prose and amazingly deep, rich characters.

photo quote_zps41868aab.jpg

This was a whirlwind read with a lot going on but it moved at the perfect pace and not once did I want to step away.

photo BA_zps250d1670.jpg

Aidan Palowski was most girls' dream. He’s certainly flawed and made h
Chelcie - Addicted Souls
Screw you book and your making me cry like a baby.

5 *THIS.BOOK.SHOULD.COME.WITH.A.WARNING* STARS

So i have had a few days to process this book. Believe me I needed it. I was a complete and utter mess. I was so fucked up in the head. Lesbehonest i am still pretty fucked up in the brain.

I loved Cutters and Jocks. I was so happy i was told to read it. One of the best prequels ever. It left me sad, but i was happy knowing the second book was ready for me.

But I wasn't ready for it. It started off a
Cathy~❤️
This is just one of those stories that pulls so many emotions from you that you feel raw afterwards. A story about love, forgiveness, sorrow and second chances and it’s a book that will not forget.
Oana
This book had all the ingredients needed to please me. An impressive prequel novella – which I had rated 5 stars (!!!), a wonderful complex premise, some obvious writing skills and a lot of glowing reviews. Beside all that, I happen to be a masochistic reader, so let the sad books come to me. To be honest, I’m not even a very pretentious reader, nor a difficult to manipulate one either. Still, I felt nothing while reading this, and now I feel bad about being one of the few readers who didn’t lik ...more
Anne OK
Amazing! This is not your normal romance. Every emotion is exposed and there is no way your eyes won't fill with tears. This is definitely one of the best books I've read this year. I'm so thankful that a Goodreads friend brought my attention to the prequel "Cutters vs. Jocks" because I was hooked and couldn't wait to download the rest of Libby and Aiden's story. "Binding Arbitration" picks up 7 years after Aiden and Libby leave college and go their separate ways.

I had some doubts and issues on
Harper Sloan
5 ++++

How is it possible to review a book that left you feeling speechless. In a good way, of course. After reading the prequel to this one, I really didn't know what to expect. I knew I would love it, but I had no idea how much. I was left so emotionally connected to Libby and Aiden… and Cass. I have never in my life cried, and FELT, with so much emotion over a book. As a mother, I think I felt even more… if that's possible, for them.

This is so much more than a simple romance book you can read
Sammy ⭐️
4.5 Heartbreaking second chance stars

It's not often you come across a book that by reading it, it's almost as if your being emotionally torn apart. Ive read books before that have made me cry, I've read books that have made me sob uncontrollably, but this, THIS book did a complete number on me. My head is pounding from how hard I cried, my eyes are bloodshot and I'm emotionally drained.

We meet Elizabeth and Aidan in Cutters vs Jocks and get their background story and to be honest I went into thi
Blair
So that’s what we learned—loss with its unlimited power to destroy—could be overcome with love. And love was the thing that bound us together. It wasn’t arbitrary; it was contingent upon the soul’s discretion and once found it wasn’t easily abandoned.

I loved this book.
Wow.
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
Vivian Jane ✯
"I did what I had to do. You did what you wanted. Nothing can change that."

"I had gained all and lost myself, while you lost everything,but gained yourself."

"Let's go sit down and have a man-to-man."
"You mean a man-to-boy," he giggled.

"We're like an earthquake when we're together."

This book was one hell of a ride; when I thought the book had ended--nope the author threw curveballs one after the other.

It was a bad idea to be eating while reading the last 20% of the book; I ended up sobbing with
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 06, 2013 Michelle [Helen Geek] rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Michelle by: AnneOk's 5 Star review
02/01/2013 --

Overall Rating = 3 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 2 / 4 = 4 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 3.5 Stars
Character Development = 3 Stars
Story Appreciation = 3 Stars
Worth the Chili = 3 Stars [$3 Amazon & B&N]

Definition: Arbitration is a proceeding in which a dispute is resolved by an impartial adjudicator whose decision the parties to the dispute have agreed, or legislation has decreed, will be final and binding.

This story starts with a horrible misunderstanding between a man, bent on adva
VEL
4.5 tearful stars!

Another author who manages with the skill of her artistic words creating a great Novel. She manages to bring two characters to life, enrapturing us with the pain, suffering and sadness revolving around them.

There's so much happening in this one novel with so many characters intertwined. So looking forward to catching up with them all future novels.

A great novel worth reading!
Kathy
Hard to figure out what to say about Binding Arbitration, especially without revealing spoilers. It's a five star book for me but it was so painful to read that I never, never want to read a book like it again in my life. I'm so glad I talked myself into reading it because it is a special and beautiful story but....there is so much heartbreak in the book, a box of tissues won't suffice.

If you are looking for an emotional read, this is a great choice. Make sure you read the prequel novella, Cutt
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
What an emotional read this was! Full of angst and sadness.. and love and hope. I really enjoyed this one..
Maria
Binding Arbitration the first book I have read by author Elisabeth Marx and a book I randomly came across. I read the prequel first; Cutters vs. Jocks . I enjoyed the prequel, but I never expected Binding Arbitration to be the first book I put on my favorites shelf in 2014.

This book pick up 7 years after the prequel; Libby is a successful lawyer and a single-mother. Aidan is playing baseball. The last time they saw each other was when Adam drove away from a pregnant Libby at their graduation.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
A great story that I really enjoyed reading, I was sold this book as an emotional tear jerker, I am a cry baby but I have to say I didn't cry, I teared up, but didn't cry.
Faz
This story is so awesome it gets a 25 out of 10 because its one of a kind love story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the books on my kindle shelf and I thought 'Binding Arbitration' sounds more like a drawn out legal drama (and i like legal dramas and series bt i just didnt feel it) and I kept looking at the cover and bypassing it for something else.

Then one day I just opened it and WOW its like on my best seller and never lose this excellent book list.

This story was confusing with the whole 'ump' a
  • What Price Paradise
  • What Mattered Most
  • Delinquent Daddy (Banks / Kincaid Family, #2)
  • A Little Bit of Us (Little Bits, #2)
  • The Legend (Racing on the Edge, #5)
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
  • Nameless (Nameless #1)
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
  • A Cry for Hope
  • Taming Mad Max
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal
  • Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines, #2)
  • Simple Man
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Bone Deep

Windy City writer Elizabeth Marx brings cosmopolitan flair to her fiction, which is a blend of romance and fast-paced Chicago living with a sprinkle of magical realism. In her past incarnation she was an interior designer--not a decorator--which basically means she has a piece of paper to prove that she knows how to match and measure things and can miraculously make mundane pieces of furniture ap
More about Elizabeth Marx...
Cutters vs. Jocks (Binding Arbitration, #0.5) Descent of Blood (Red Veil, #0.5) Stained (Carpetbaggers, Rebels, & Yankees, #1) All's Fair in Vanity's War (The Seer's Seven Deadly Fairy Tales, #1) Ascent Of Blood (Red Veil, #1)

“... forgiveness is a four letter word: Love.” 6 likes
“Aidan: "From the moment I laid eyes on her she was trouble to my concentration, my libido, and my mental health. After six weeks of pursuit, I’d trapped her between my upraised arms against a book case, somewhere betwixt Shakespeare and Voltaire. “I want the witchcraft in your lips,” I’d whispered. Instead of arguing, she grabbed me by the ears. She’d been soft lips, liberal tongue and nipping teeth. I’d contributed a willing body and a vulgar groan. She’d drawn away, licked her lips and ducked underneath my arms. When she was about three yards from me, she’s tilted her head up like a siren on the bow of a ship and pursed a devil-may-care smile at me before she bowed. She’d challenged me to pursue her, and I’d intended to, but when I pushed off, the bookcase fell backwards. I tumbled into a heap of literary tombs. I could still hear her laughing when the library’s elevator door chimed closed.” 1 likes