Start by marking “Affair of the Heart” as Want to Read:
Affair of the Heart

Affair of the Heart

2.76 of 5 stars 2.76  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Affair of the Heart is the story of Katherine (Kate) Marsdon Hunt, the spoiled daughter of Jamison Marsdon, a self-made industrial magnate who is widowed when Kate is fifteen. After a short-lived first marriage, the eligible Kate is single for years, until Jamison hand-picks Jed Hunt to run his company and to be his son-in-law.
Published (first published November 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Affair of the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Affair of the Heart

Brenda
A lot of sex, story jumped around, not enough story. A slower read for me I wasn't in the mood to sit down and finish it in one read which I find I do when I love a good book.

From Good Reads: Affair of the Heart is the story of Katherine (Kate) Marsdon Hunt, the spoiled daughter of Jamison Marsdon, a self-made industrial magnate who is widowed when Kate is fifteen. After a short-lived first marriage, the eligible Kate is single for years, until Jamison hand-picks Jed Hunt to run his company and
Julie
This book was terrible! There is so much sex there is hardly room for a plot. Which is good because there IS no plot. Poor little bitchy rich girl. She wants a horse, or a stable of horses, she wants to sleep with someone other than her husband, she wants to dictate everyone's life, and then with her huge freakin inheritance she wants to sail the world. Then, 90% of this book is a flashback. Not impressed or amused with this book. Not even impressed enough to keep writing about it.
Misskitty
The concept of this story was good but to me it felt like the writer was the narrator and not enough feelings were integrated. It seemed as if the writer wasn't passionate with her story. I usually feel as if I'm part of a story but not this time. Hope what I wrote makes sense.
Anja Mizner
The Story was ok. A little all over the place a little to much visual sex. You want a story with lots of dirty in it..read it. Not really my thing.
I had picked it up on my Kindle.Amazon offered it for free.
Cindy
I think this was a good read and a little different than what I usually read. Laura Allen is a descriptive writer and you can feel the emotions of the people in the story.
Stephanie
2.5 stars.
A good story. I would have given it a better rating but I wasn't fond of the writing style of this author.
BrnEyesTX
not sure... long drawn out love story... but always waiting for the other shoe to drop... still waiting...lol
Erin
started off really good, but then got weird. The writing style and jumping years and such was not good.
Dawn
Feb 18, 2012 Dawn added it
Good but I kept thinking something bad was going to happen and nothing ever did; which isn't all bad.
Dawn
Story is all over the place. Too much graphic sex and flimsy characters. Very disappointed.
desiree morain
desiree morain marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
julie haidet
julie haidet marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Jane Green
Jane Green is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Paranormal Tendencies
Paranormal Tendencies marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Angela Rizzo
Angela Rizzo marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Christa
Christa marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Shannon Velazquez
Shannon Velazquez marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Quiz Book: Clues to You & Your Friends, Too! Clever Letters: Fun Ways to Wiggle Your Words The Water-Wise Home: How to Conserve, Capture, and Reuse Water in Your Home and Landscape One Year to a Successful Massage Therapy Practice Bartlett Designs: Speculating with Architecture