Start by marking “Blind Veil” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  54 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
How can an unreported crime that occurred forty years in the past,and across the country, affect a New York City Cop today?

Can a seemingly innocent boat ride forever change the life of a former Marine?

Find out when a Police Officer meets an eccentric scientist who claims to hold secret knowledge that has been hidden from the rest of society.

Is this all truly happening,
Published October 31st 2011 by Paper Air Planes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blind Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Veil

The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft
Mar 23, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Thriller, SciFi, Suspense
Recommended to The Haunted Reading Room by: Michael Lorde
Shelves: april-2012-reads
Blind Veil

An incredibly intense reader’s hook rockets us into this novel, yanked by the throat, jaw-dropped, and that hook never lets go. It’s difficult to “race through the pages” when you’re reading an ebook, but I just about managed to because I simply couldn’t turn away. Author Michael Lorde demonstrates a sure eye for identifying social patterns and cultural milieus, and delivers those without judgment or faulting.

“Blind Veil” is a VERY complex novel, thankfully the first in a series. There
J.C. Andrijeski
Jan 29, 2012 J.C. Andrijeski rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, and it is a fast read. It starts out with a very likeable character, Emmett, an older, African-American man who owns a farm in a time and a place where that didn't happen very often. When a crime is committed on his land, he is forced to cover it up because of who and what he is to the other ranchers, but it haunts him until the day he dies, and pretty much tears his family apart. The story starts there, but then fast-forwards about forty-odd years to his nephew, who ...more
ѦѺ™
May 06, 2012 ѦѺ™ rated it it was amazing
"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." - Oscar Wilde

Lamont Simms is a New York City cop who does his job well and has a clean record to show for it. after days of having little sleep and putting up with his partner on their beat, Lamont takes his boat and goes on vacation. little did he know that this trip would forever change his life and the way he would view the world around him.
author Michael Lorde's novel crosses multiple genres. his story, which has a combinatio
Zoe Saadia
Jan 29, 2012 Zoe Saadia rated it it was amazing
Great tension, great premise

Blind Veil is a very gripping, fast moving thriller that is difficult to put down. The tension never slacks as Lamont Simms, a very likable main character, discovers something he doesn’t sure he want to discover. Along with Simms, the reader is kept in a perpetual suspense, not knowing what will come next.
This novel has a great pace and its premise is great. I love the way the author chose to present his story, the way the plot is revealed to the reader, slowly but
Charity Parkerson
Feb 14, 2012 Charity Parkerson rated it it was amazing
Author Michael Lorde has created a very twisted, fast paced sci-fi thriller with "Blind Veil" Where NYC cop Lamont Simms is given a drug that causes him to see the truth, from this point on in the book you are on an emotional roller coaster ride. I won't say anymore because I never include spoilers, but this book is worth the risk on a new author. I was truly impressed and I think that you will be too.
D.A. Graystone
Jan 22, 2012 D.A. Graystone rated it it was amazing
Michael Lorde's Blind Veil is a fast moving blend of mystery and science fiction. The novel brings to mind Asimov's robot novels. Lorde's main character, Lamont Simms, is first and foremost a cop and the story is an excellent mystery/conspiracy story. However, it has the added benefit of a sci-fi twist that adds so much to the tension and psychological thrills of the novel. Whether you enjoy mystery or sci-fi, you will love this novel. I can't wait for Mr. Lorde's next novel.
Lynn Worton
Jul 20, 2013 Lynn Worton rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

Lamont Simms is a fantastic character. He is a New York City cop with a sharp mind and a firm grip on reality. Or has he?
I really liked this character, as he tried to unravel a mystery that went back into his childhood.

This is a fantastic psychological thriller that had my heart pounding, and had me hooked from the first page! There is a really shocking scene at the beginning of the story that was more than a little g
Tony-Paul Vissage
Jul 15, 2012 Tony-Paul Vissage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conspiracy theory tales aren’t usually my cup of tea because they generally get so bogged down with twists and turns they lose sight of the original goal. This story, however, sticks to the plot and is easily readable. Lamont is a likable guy and ordinary enough in spite of his dramatic origin, and his fight and flight to prove or disprove what he believes he’s seeing are a natural reaction. Holding to the two statements, “What’s real is real” and “You know what you know” are the only things kee ...more
Heather Boustead
By Michael Lorde

Former marine and now a long time police officer Lamont Simms has just bought a boat and is spending a few days out on the ocean taking a much needed vacation. As Lamont is napping off the few beers he has consumed a shadowy figure boards the boat only to sink it and wait for Lamont’s body. Fortunately Lamont escapes his imminent death and is rescued by an elderly man only to find himself the focus of a bizarre experiment.

Michael Lorde combines psychological thriller a
Marilyn Dieckmann
May 30, 2012 Marilyn Dieckmann rated it it was amazing
Ever have the feeling you were outside looking in... and it totally gives you the creeps?

Lamont Simms, decorated NYC cop, former Marine and concerned citizen is moving ahead with his life. His gut instincts have served him well and soon he'll be rid of his idiot, screw-up partner... whose warped envy gets in the way of doing the job well. But, whoever said life was fair?

Raised by his uncle, a man of impeccable character, Lamont never suspected Uncle Emmett carried a dark, devastating secret... a
Edenmary Black
Apr 13, 2012 Edenmary Black rated it it was amazing
BLIND VEIL by Michael Lorde is a twisted treat, beginning with Emmet Simms’ desperate actions following a heinous crime committed on his property. Emmet, a black man who owned land at a time when it was uncommon, fears repercussions, but it’s his nephew Lamont, whose life spins out of control, years later.

Held captive by a highly intelligent conspiracy theorist, Lamont, a tough NYC cop, is presented with a wild tale that has a surprisingly believable feel. What happens next plunges him deeper a
Peggy Holloway
Jan 16, 2013 Peggy Holloway rated it it was amazing
This book surprised me. I don't usually read this type of book and was surprised at myself for downloading it. I found myself fascinated by it though. The whole idea of the plot was so unique and different from anything I have ever read. The only thing I didn't like so much was the ending. I wanted him to destroy these aliens instead of becoming a victim to them and doubting his own sanity. Did I miss something? I'm hoping for a sequel. I would sure read a sequel or anything else this author wro ...more
Jul 12, 2012 Sarah added it
This is possibly the worst book I've even read. Maybe not THE worst, but it was up there. I'd also like to say that I downloaded it on my Kindle by accident, and didn't willingly seek it out. Hated the writing style, poor character development, no clear story arch. The worst.
Dennis Henn
Sep 14, 2012 Dennis Henn rated it it was ok
Fisayo
Fisayo rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2012
David Foster
David Foster rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2014
Heather Kelly
Heather Kelly rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Franklygrace
Franklygrace rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2012
Ann Mayberry
Ann Mayberry rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Sarah Young
Sarah Young rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Craig Cooper
Craig Cooper rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2012
Domenic Nicastro
Domenic Nicastro rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Jesus Ashton
Jesus Ashton rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Jared S
Jared S rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2012
Joyce Hazel
Joyce Hazel rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2016
Yuliana
Yuliana rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Kimberly Burnham
Kimberly Burnham rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2012
Kerrie
Kerrie rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Sarah Young
Sarah Young rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Carole Gill
Carole Gill rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2012
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • Painted Black (Street Stories, #1)
  • Generation
  • Falling Immortality: Casey Holden, Private Investigator
  • One Blood
  • Eden
  • Memoria
  • Ghost Radio
  • What Dies in Summer
  • The Sin Collector (The Sin Collector, #1)
  • Maybe Too Good to Be True
  • Fledge (I Am Just Junco, #2)
  • Voyage of the Dead (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #1)
  • Perfection Unleashed (Double Helix, #1)
  • Few Are Chosen (K'Barthan, #1)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • The Wedding Dress  (The Survivors Club #1)
  • Empyreal Fate