Start by marking “Lowcountry Punch” as Want to Read:
Preview

Lowcountry Punch

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lowcountry Punch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lowcountry Punch

Tony Viardo
I had fun with this book. I read thrillers to relax my brain and keep it from overloading on serious stuff for work. So among the volume of thrillers I consume this one stood out mainly because of the hero/protagonist.

Quick summary (no spoiler) TA Reddick is a DEA agent who suffers the simultaneous tragedies of his wife leaving him, and the accidental killing of a friend. So he did what most of us would do in that situation, he goes back to his hometown (Charleston, SC) to get re-energized by hi
James Sorensen
I won this book as part of the Goodreads First-Read program.

T.A. Reddick and his partner are undercover in Miami. Both are Federal DEA agents looking to shut down some big time trafficking. Shut down these dealers and Christmas, which is two days away, will be real jolly. But the bust goes very wrong when their drug dealing partner leads them into a buy with two people T. A. knows. The Vasquez brothers are their to sell, but Robert Vasquez is a good friend of T.A.s and now a Miami cop gone bad.
Alexa
First Thoughts: This was definitely a change from my typical reads, but it was a good thing! I enjoyed reading about TA Reddick and his adventure. There was enough action for me and I was invested enough to want to find out what happened next.

(Originally posted on Alexa Loves Books)

Sometimes, when my reading departs from my normal genres of chick lit, historical fiction or young adult, I end up being pleasantly surprised. Lowcountry Punch was one of those novels that I normally would not have r
Brenda Youngerman
A great story encompasses many things. A good plot is essential, characters you can relate to make it a more enjoyable read, and of course a twist in the story line here and there makes you want to keep turning the pages. In Lowcountry Punch by Boo Walker all of those elements exist. With a back drop of South Carolina, steeped in its’ rich history, Walker creates a world of drug use, back stabbing, Hollywood glamour and a broken heart with such ease it as if you were in South Carolina with him.
I
Because I am an honest person I'm going to start this review by admitting the following two facts: 1) I NEED more T.A. Reddick and 2) I think I actually have a bit of a crush on T.A. Reddick. Okay I did lie, I have a huge crush on him. From the very first chapter I felt like he was sitting in my living room, in all his rugged handsomeness, telling me this story. Boo Walker has created a exciting, action packed novel that has me wanting to re-read it right now!

DEA Agent T.A. Reddick seems to hav
Marcie
Lowcountry Punch by Boo Walker is a thrilling book about the life of DEA Agent T. A. Reddick. After the unfortunate death of a friend and the loss of his fiance, Reddick decides a change of scenery would do him some good. He moves to Charleston, South Carolina. After only a few weeks on the job he becomes involved in some major drug activity. He goes undercover to take down a heavy hitter. However things get complicated when Reddick falls for a beautiful artist and has to lie about who he is and ...more
Shannon
Have I ever mentioned my love of Charleston SC? I lived there when I was a child and I have visited many times since. I really think it is one of the best places on earth. So whenever I get a review request and the book is set in Charleston, I have to admit I am more likely to say yes! It turns out I made a good choice with Lowcountry Punch.

DEA Agent T. A. Reddick is a great main character. He is the kind of law enforcement official that actually cares about the law. He does what’s right no matt
Cocktails and Books
Boo Walker's debut book about the not so glamorous life of undercover DEA Agent TA Reddick is gripping. After a drug bust goes bad TA is riddled with guilt over the death of a friend, finding himself persona non grata by the Miami/Dade Police and being labeled a cop killer to discovering his fiancee has left him on Christmas Eve, we share his journey as he returns home to South Carolina to try and rebuild his career and his life.

TA and his partner are suddenly forced to move their current invest
Jessica Bronder
Just when things look like they are going well, TA gets kicked down. While working under cover, he discovers his best friend, Robert Vasquez, and fellow officer is selling cocaine. In a shoot out, Robert’s brother is killed. Then, when TA gets home, he learns that his childhood sweetheart has left him. To get away from the pain and the stigma of being a cop killer, TA goes back home to Charleston South Carolina.

Seven months later, TA is working with the local Feds when a famous actor falls from
Jackie
(BOOK SYNOPSIS )

After the worst Christmas Eve of his life, DEA Agent T.A. Reddick leaves Miami for the magical city of Charleston, South Carolina, hoping a return to his roots will heal a broken heart and the guilt of killing a friend. The sleepy and sultry town of Charleston is filled with echoes of the Old South: genteel playboys, society debutantes, and quiet cobblestone streets. But as Reddick will soon discover, there's danger lurking under her charming veneer. When a movie star's death s
Kathleen
What do you get when you mix a DEA Agent ... cocaine dealers ... an undercover drug case ... sexy problematic women ... and good ol' Southern hospitality of beautiful Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA? You get a suspense thriller that throws one hell of a Lowcountry Punch!

DEA Agent T.A. Reddick is one of Miami's best undercover agents, but on one Christmas Eve his whole world was turned upside down. In a drug deal gone bad, T.A. kills a dirty cop, who also was a friend who had once saved his life.
Richard (Bound & Determined...)
Y'all, this review posted on my blog as part of the Southern Book Tour, where I devoted the entire month of April 2012 to the literary South. I am proud of my Southern roots and proud to be a South Carolinian. Y’all, Lowcountry Punch is one of the reasons I am so proud.

Debut author Boo Walker (isn’t that a great name?) leaps onto the scene with his hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face Lowcountry Punch. This ain’t your mama’s thriller.

I liked the no-nonsense writing style, as if we’re reading
Rubysbooks
This is one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" situations. Of course, now that I read the book I understand the cover more than I did before.

I'm glad I got to read this book. It made me stay glued to my e-reader and glare at anyone who dared to interrupt me (yes, I'm that type of reader). It was a very fast-paced mystery novel and I truly, truly loved it.

It's been a while since I've read a story that's told only from the hero's perspective. I forgot how fun it was to be inside a guy's
Holly

May have slight spoilers.

In author Boo Walker’s novel, Lowcountry Punch we meet DEA Agent T.A. Reddick.

I absolutely loved this book! It is fast paced, action packed, and full of suspense—it literally had be tensing up at moments complete with full facial expressions of shock, winces in drawn breaths and, oh yes, talking out load. Really. To see me read an amazing book is, according to my family, freaking hilarious—and I loved this one!

T.A. is, well, the only character I can think to even compar
Kathy Martin
This was a strong and suspenseful story about DEA agent T. A. Reddick. He is reeling from a Christmas Eve when he shoots and kills a good friend and then comes home to find out that his fiance has left a Dear John letter on the counter. Of course the friend was a dirty cop attempting a drug buy with his brother at the time of his death but that doesn't help T.A.'s guilt. He becomes persona non grata in Miami since the Miami cops don't like cop killers no matter how much cause there might be. He ...more
Valerie Downs
Good read.

I have read this author before, and couldn't give him the rating I wanted to since Amazon doesn't allow half stars. This book was for me a four star book! I enjoyed the storyline, and the characters, and the settings, along with the tidbits of history about them. It was humorous, sensitive, and yet it didn't lag as some books do as the author sets up the story. This book kept up at a good pace. Nice work! I will be watching for more from this writer.
Reverend Stanleigh Chapin
Pretty good

Pretty good

I enjoyed it, was fairly good story development and intensity, a bit to much exotic sex description for me, to have some sexual activities are normal, too much description takes away from the story line
Marilyn
Good

this book is about the are of south Carolina and especially the Charleston are and drugs and dea and the part that the police play.
Donna Huber
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the character of T.A. while stern and could get the job done he wasn't hard and edgy. He had a soft side to him that enjoyed music and art. His woman troubles almost made his job as an undercover DEA officer look easy. See my full review Girl Who Reads .
Marcy Collins
Marcy Collins marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Mashell
Mashell marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mel
Mel marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
El-Chacham
El-Chacham marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Nazzira Whipple
Nazzira Whipple is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2015
Jewel
Jewel marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Jeri
Jeri marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Pups in Tea Cups
  • Confessions of a PTA Mafia Mom
  • The Diabolist (Dominic Grey, #3)
  • Revenge (Travis Mays, #1)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • The First Victim
  • Guardian of Fate (Fate, #1)
  • A Highlander's Passion (Highlander's Beloved, #2)
  • DX: A Crimson City Novella
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • Caught Forever Between (Hoodoo, #2.5)
  • Soundkeeper (Hall McCormick Thriller, #1)
  • She's Hot Now
  • Twice in a Lifetime
  • Magick (The Coven, #3)
  • Cedardale Court
  • The Culling (The Slave Girl Chronicles, #1)
Boo Walker spent his College of Charleston years and a few after in Nashville as a banjoist and songwriter for the avant-garde punchgrass band, The Biscuit Boys. Some hand problems knocked him out of the game, and he stumbled into a position with a short term equity trading firm based out of Mt. Pleasant, SC. To feed his ravenous muse, he began writing his first novel, Lowcountry Punch. Around tha ...more
More about Boo Walker...