Start by marking “Lowcountry Punch” as Want to Read:
Lowcountry Punch

Lowcountry Punch

Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lowcountry Punch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lowcountry Punch

Tony Viardo
Mar 15, 2012 Tony Viardo rated it really liked it
I had fun with this book. I read thrillers to relax my brain and keep it from overloading on serious stuff for work. So among the volume of thrillers I consume this one stood out mainly because of the hero/protagonist.

Quick summary (no spoiler) TA Reddick is a DEA agent who suffers the simultaneous tragedies of his wife leaving him, and the accidental killing of a friend. So he did what most of us would do in that situation, he goes back to his hometown (Charleston, SC) to get re-energized by hi
Cathy Ryan

TA Reddick is a Federal Agent for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Miami. He and his partner are working an undercover drug ring and just getting ready to meet for a cocaine exchange in a multi storey garage. When they meet the two sellers TA recognises them as Diego and Robert Vasquez. Robert is a cop and a good friend of TA’s who had saved his life the year before. In the ensuing shoot out, Robert is killed and TA’s partner is injured. Diego Vasquez escapes.

It’s Christmas Eve a
Andrea Strickland
I listened to the audio version of this book and the only reason I rated it 3 stars is because it takes place in the SC Lowcountry and I always enjoy references to home. I felt the story was unrealistic and shallow. Only mild curiosity as to the outcome kept me listening to the end. Overall, just very disappointed.

As a side note, my husband wasn't really entertained either.
sue ann vanderpool
Stop and Smell the Salt Air

I have spent many weeks over the past thirty years on vacations from the Outer Banks to Ft Lauderdale. The best place for me was Edisto Island, just a few miles away from the mainland. The breeze of salty brine and salt marches in the air came rushing back to me as I read Low country Punch. A good story and fond memories made this fun to read.

Klsuess2
Dec 31, 2016 Klsuess2 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. I enjoyed the story line and the different twists and turns and people involved to see how it all ends up.
Kathleen
Jul 27, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
What do you get when you mix a DEA Agent ... cocaine dealers ... an undercover drug case ... sexy problematic women ... and good ol' Southern hospitality of beautiful Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA? You get a suspense thriller that throws one hell of a Lowcountry Punch!

DEA Agent T.A. Reddick is one of Miami's best undercover agents, but on one Christmas Eve his whole world was turned upside down. In a drug deal gone bad, T.A. kills a dirty cop, who also was a friend who had once saved his life.
Jackie
(BOOK SYNOPSIS )

After the worst Christmas Eve of his life, DEA Agent T.A. Reddick leaves Miami for the magical city of Charleston, South Carolina, hoping a return to his roots will heal a broken heart and the guilt of killing a friend. The sleepy and sultry town of Charleston is filled with echoes of the Old South: genteel playboys, society debutantes, and quiet cobblestone streets. But as Reddick will soon discover, there's danger lurking under her charming veneer. When a movie star's death s
James Sorensen
Sep 13, 2014 James Sorensen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book as part of the Goodreads First-Read program.

T.A. Reddick and his partner are undercover in Miami. Both are Federal DEA agents looking to shut down some big time trafficking. Shut down these dealers and Christmas, which is two days away, will be real jolly. But the bust goes very wrong when their drug dealing partner leads them into a buy with two people T. A. knows. The Vasquez brothers are their to sell, but Robert Vasquez is a good friend of T.A.s and now a Miami cop gone bad.
Holly

May have slight spoilers.

In author Boo Walker’s novel, Lowcountry Punch we meet DEA Agent T.A. Reddick.

I absolutely loved this book! It is fast paced, action packed, and full of suspense—it literally had be tensing up at moments complete with full facial expressions of shock, winces in drawn breaths and, oh yes, talking out load. Really. To see me read an amazing book is, according to my family, freaking hilarious—and I loved this one!

T.A. is, well, the only character I can think to even compar
Richard (Bound & Determined...)
Y'all, this review posted on my blog as part of the Southern Book Tour, where I devoted the entire month of April 2012 to the literary South. I am proud of my Southern roots and proud to be a South Carolinian. Y’all, Lowcountry Punch is one of the reasons I am so proud.

Debut author Boo Walker (isn’t that a great name?) leaps onto the scene with his hard-hitting, fast-paced, in-your-face Lowcountry Punch. This ain’t your mama’s thriller.

I liked the no-nonsense writing style, as if we’re reading
Brenda Youngerman
Apr 08, 2012 Brenda Youngerman rated it really liked it
A great story encompasses many things. A good plot is essential, characters you can relate to make it a more enjoyable read, and of course a twist in the story line here and there makes you want to keep turning the pages. In Lowcountry Punch by Boo Walker all of those elements exist. With a back drop of South Carolina, steeped in its’ rich history, Walker creates a world of drug use, back stabbing, Hollywood glamour and a broken heart with such ease it as if you were in South Carolina with him.
I
Alexa
Nov 13, 2014 Alexa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
First Thoughts: This was definitely a change from my typical reads, but it was a good thing! I enjoyed reading about TA Reddick and his adventure. There was enough action for me and I was invested enough to want to find out what happened next.

(Originally posted on Alexa Loves Books)

Sometimes, when my reading departs from my normal genres of chick lit, historical fiction or young adult, I end up being pleasantly surprised. Lowcountry Punch was one of those novels that I normally would not have r
Kathy Martin
Dec 28, 2011 Kathy Martin rated it it was amazing
This was a strong and suspenseful story about DEA agent T. A. Reddick. He is reeling from a Christmas Eve when he shoots and kills a good friend and then comes home to find out that his fiance has left a Dear John letter on the counter. Of course the friend was a dirty cop attempting a drug buy with his brother at the time of his death but that doesn't help T.A.'s guilt. He becomes persona non grata in Miami since the Miami cops don't like cop killers no matter how much cause there might be. He ...more
Denise Zendel
Oct 25, 2015 Denise Zendel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Drug Enforcement Agency agent T.A. Reddick has to leave Miami in disgrace after shooting (and killing) an off-duty dirty Miami PD officer who also happened to be a close friend. He goes home to Charleston, SC, to heal. When a movie star’s death from cocaine draws national attention to the city’s drug problem, Reddick goes undercover to find the main supplier and shut him down. Complicating things are a crazy woman who thinks they have a relationship, a real budding relationship with a very speci ...more
Rubysbooks
May 01, 2012 Rubysbooks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
This is one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" situations. Of course, now that I read the book I understand the cover more than I did before.

I'm glad I got to read this book. It made me stay glued to my e-reader and glare at anyone who dared to interrupt me (yes, I'm that type of reader). It was a very fast-paced mystery novel and I truly, truly loved it.

It's been a while since I've read a story that's told only from the hero's perspective. I forgot how fun it was to be inside a guy's
Mar 28, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Because I am an honest person I'm going to start this review by admitting the following two facts: 1) I NEED more T.A. Reddick and 2) I think I actually have a bit of a crush on T.A. Reddick. Okay I did lie, I have a huge crush on him. From the very first chapter I felt like he was sitting in my living room, in all his rugged handsomeness, telling me this story. Boo Walker has created a exciting, action packed novel that has me wanting to re-read it right now!

DEA Agent T.A. Reddick seems to hav
Shannon
May 07, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Have I ever mentioned my love of Charleston SC? I lived there when I was a child and I have visited many times since. I really think it is one of the best places on earth. So whenever I get a review request and the book is set in Charleston, I have to admit I am more likely to say yes! It turns out I made a good choice with Lowcountry Punch.

DEA Agent T. A. Reddick is a great main character. He is the kind of law enforcement official that actually cares about the law. He does what’s right no matt
Cocktails and Books
Boo Walker's debut book about the not so glamorous life of undercover DEA Agent TA Reddick is gripping. After a drug bust goes bad TA is riddled with guilt over the death of a friend, finding himself persona non grata by the Miami/Dade Police and being labeled a cop killer to discovering his fiancee has left him on Christmas Eve, we share his journey as he returns home to South Carolina to try and rebuild his career and his life.

TA and his partner are suddenly forced to move their current invest
Jessica Bronder
May 21, 2012 Jessica Bronder rated it it was amazing
Just when things look like they are going well, TA gets kicked down. While working under cover, he discovers his best friend, Robert Vasquez, and fellow officer is selling cocaine. In a shoot out, Robert’s brother is killed. Then, when TA gets home, he learns that his childhood sweetheart has left him. To get away from the pain and the stigma of being a cop killer, TA goes back home to Charleston South Carolina.

Seven months later, TA is working with the local Feds when a famous actor falls from
Thom Swennes
Jan 20, 2016 Thom Swennes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-e-book
DEA agent T.A. Reddick was previously attached to the Miami, Dade County office. While working a friend and Miami policeman, Robert Vasquez, is accidently killed. Being a friend, brother and fellow cop, Reddick felt responsible for the death. That was seven months ago and now he has recently returned home to Charleston, South Carolina where he tries to pick up his life and survive his past. He goes deep undercover into a major east coast drug ring and his life is in constant danger. As Travis Mo ...more
Marcie
May 11, 2012 Marcie rated it really liked it
Lowcountry Punch by Boo Walker is a thrilling book about the life of DEA Agent T. A. Reddick. After the unfortunate death of a friend and the loss of his fiance, Reddick decides a change of scenery would do him some good. He moves to Charleston, South Carolina. After only a few weeks on the job he becomes involved in some major drug activity. He goes undercover to take down a heavy hitter. However things get complicated when Reddick falls for a beautiful artist and has to lie about who he is and ...more
Mary Beth
After one of the worst nights of his life, DEA Agent T.A. Reddick leaves Miami for Charleston, SC, hoping a return to his roots will heal a wounded heart and the guilt of killing a friend. The sleepy and sultry city of Charleston is filled with echoes of the Old South: genteel playboys, society debutantes, and quiet cobblestone streets. But as Reddick will soon discover, there’s danger lurking under her charming veneer.
Valerie Downs
Aug 30, 2014 Valerie Downs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.

I have read this author before, and couldn't give him the rating I wanted to since Amazon doesn't allow half stars. This book was for me a four star book! I enjoyed the storyline, and the characters, and the settings, along with the tidbits of history about them. It was humorous, sensitive, and yet it didn't lag as some books do as the author sets up the story. This book kept up at a good pace. Nice work! I will be watching for more from this writer.
Sharon Storm
As a first novel, "Lowcountry Punch" is decent. The main plot, about a DEA agent who leaves Florida to return to his childhood home in South Carolina, is entertaining. There were, however, far too many diversions in the form of his relationships with women. This became distracting and tedious. Also, the last few pages could have been deleted entirely, or could have been used to start another novel with the same characters. If I hadn't been so close to the end, I might not have finished it.
Donna Huber
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the character of T.A. while stern and could get the job done he wasn't hard and edgy. He had a soft side to him that enjoyed music and art. His woman troubles almost made his job as an undercover DEA officer look easy. See my full review Girl Who Reads .
Mechelle Wallace
Loved it! Disappointed that there aren't more books by this author!

His style and the dialog touched me and I'm captivated with his characters. Action, with emotional depth is rare at the level he creates and it will leave you craving more! I can't say enough....
Chaplain Stanleigh Chapin
Pretty good

Pretty good

I enjoyed it, was fairly good story development and intensity, a bit to much exotic sex description for me, to have some sexual activities are normal, too much description takes away from the story line
Sherrin O. Thomas
I really enjoyed this book.

I like police drama and finding out how they catch the .bad guys. I also like to see a personal side to the main character. Everyone likes a hero and T.A. was above and beyond.
Kathy Brown
All right read

Not great but did keep my attention. Interesting area to read about. Story very predictable. Easy to follow and figure out.
Betty
Jun 07, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Liked the story line and the twists and turns throughout the book. Also, I love books taken place in the Lowcountry of SC.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies
  • Confessions of a PTA Mafia Mom
  • The First Victim
  • Revenge (Travis Mays, #1)
  • The Shadow Cartel (Dominic Grey #4)
  • Lost &  Found  (Daisy Dunlop Mystery, #2)
  • Trust Me
  • Raymond Collins (The DCI Jones Casebook #2)
  • Wellesley Wives
  • Pups in Tea Cups
  • A Touch of Revenge (Nick Bracco Thriller #2)
  • Dying Wish
  • Silenced Justice
  • Dangerous Flirt (The Layton Family #2)
  • An Invincible Summer
  • Jesse  (The Secret Life of Cowboys, #3)
  • Dead is Dead (Jack Bertolino #3)
  • Relentless Seduction
After picking the five-string banjo in Charleston and Nashville and then a few years toying with Wall Street, Boo chased a wine dream across the country to Red Mountain in eastern Washington with his dog, Tully Mars. They landed in a double-wide trailer on five acres of vines, where Boo grew out a handlebar mustache, bought a horse, and took a job working for the Hedges family, who taught him the ...more
More about Boo Walker...