Start by marking “The Vampire Grinch” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Grinch

The Vampire Grinch

Gavin’s always loved Christmas, but his boyfriend? Malcolm would rather be staked and beheaded, and since he’s a vampire, that’s saying something! Their quarrel threatens to make the holidays less than merry, but when they spend Christmas Eve apart, Malcolm starts thinking of reasons they should keep their Yule fire burning bright.
ebook, 1st Edition, 80 pages
Published December 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Grinch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Grinch

Serena Yates
Dec 16, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a great paranormal variation on the Christmas Grinch story. Can you imagine a big, badass vampire liking Christmas? Well, I’d never thought about it before, but when the question appeared, I must admit it made me laugh. This story examines what happens when a human’s enthusiasm and a vampire’s ‘grinchiness’ meet head-on.

Gavin has also never thought about it, just assumes everyone shares his enthusiasm and gets ready to share his first Christmas with his vampire boyfriend. Gavin’s disappo
EscaPe iNTo thE PaGEs
This was a nice holiday read. Something not as heavy as I'm used to reading but still had a nice steamy scene. I'm definitely in the mood for Christmas now:) Another good one the check out is His For The Holidays. All nice stories but my favorite was "I heard him exclaim" by Z.A. Maxfield.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Starts at 0% and goes to 93%

I liked first half a lot or first three chapters. But then last chapter was all sex and it was the longest scene. I stopped reading I got so bored. It took me forever to finish that scene and that is then the end of the book. Wish I would have stopped at the end of 3 because sex chapter ruined it for me
Betryal
Dec 20, 2011 Betryal rated it liked it
It was actually a really good story till the last roughly 10 pages which were nothing but one very long lasting sex scene. Too much of sex scene and not enough of the plot for me.
Sadonna
Dec 18, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, vamps, anthology, holidays
This is a cute story about a vampire who is kind of a scrooge and his human boyfriend who really likes Christmas. They get in a fight and Gavin (the human) gets really pissed off at the negativity of Malcolm (his vamp). I liked the cute interaction with the sister and the turnaround by the BIL reacting to a bigoted homophobic jerk at a Christmas Eve party. Then there was some nice make-up smexing with Gav and Mal.
Gianna
For a story that takes place over 2 days, this sure did run the gammut of emotions. At times I wanted to smack both MCs because they were being so petty about something that was ultimately so insignificant. For a 106 year old vampire and a 20-something human they did at childish. But after an argument, which both had valid points on though their own execution of said points was seriously lacking, dealing with a openly bigoted female, a revelation from an unexpected source, and a minor car issue, ...more
Ayanna
Jan 23, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
~sigh. I really wanted Malcolm to bottom...

Oh, yeah. This book also features a very...er...creative usage of the word "deadpan." Yes, apparently, you can deadpan people. Not at people. Or simply deadpan, but deadpan people.

e.g. Malcomn Malcolm deadpanned him. (aaaand apparently I can't spell "Malcolm"...)

..."deadpan" doesn't mean "stare expressionlessly at," you know...
Lucy
Dec 06, 2011 Lucy rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. Malcolm the vampire acts like a total tool for the first half, never bothering to consider how much Christmas might mean to "his human". They have a fight, and he is left behind from a Christmas party to think about the error of his ways. It ends up being cute, and loving without too much sugar.
melek
Humans and vampires live on earth together know of them.

Gavin loves Christmas but Malcolm doesn't, can gavin change his mind.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
The story was ok, but I didn't quite feel the attraction between the MCs, and it felt a bit repetitive.
Rachel
I thought this was a fun paranormal Christmas story! I enjoyed the characters and thought it was very sweet.
Idamus
Idamus rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2011
Jeff Adams
Jeff Adams rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2011
Shanna
Shanna rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2011
Driima
Driima rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
H.
H. rated it liked it
May 08, 2014
Paws
Nov 26, 2012 Paws rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
What happens when your vampire boyfriend is being a dick about Christmas? Find out.... ;)
Indigo
Indigo rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2012
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2011
Tori Thompson
Tori Thompson rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
J
J rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2014
Tamela
I kind of liked the grinchey Malcolm. At least he REALIZED he was a grinch and made amends.
Lea
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Alchemiczka
Alchemiczka rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Lacey-Anne Frye is a young, loner gal with too much time on her hands. Born and raised in Maryland, she became interested in writing when she was in the first grade, although her short plays and stories from back then are more embarrassing than her baby photos. She currently resides with her biggest fan, her mother, from whom Lacey-Anne inherited the storytelling gene.

When she isn't writing and cr
More about Lacey-Anne Frye...