Start by marking “Tuesday's Child” as Want to Read:
Tuesday's Child

Tuesday's Child

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,358 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Fern Michaels--one of the most beloved authors of our time--comes a gripping new novel filled with heart and hope, as a young woman wrongly found guilty of murder receives the gift of a second chance. . .

On the eve of her retirement, Georgia attorney Mikala Aulani is as vivacious and vibrant as ever, eagerly anticipating a happy f
Published June 26th 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tuesday's Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuesday's Child

Jen
Aug 08, 2012 Jen rated it did not like it
I just finished reading this book about 10 minutes ago. I found this book to be a disappointment. As others have pointed out this isn't Fern Michaels typical writing style. Great story until about the last 50 pages or so. After that it seemed like even Ms. Michaels just wanted to book to be done with.

The main character Sophie Lee starts off being convicted for killing her patient. Years later the patients husband submits a deathbed confession stating that he was the one who killed his wife. Sop
Ryan
Aug 01, 2012 Ryan rated it it was ok
I can not honestly say if I liked this book or not. Its not a typical Fern Michaels read. It’s not quite a love story but it is not a Weekend Warrior either. Kala has been Sophie Lee’s lawyer for ten years. Sophie was tried and convicted for a murder she didn’t commit and now its time to set everything strait again. Everything was great until the last fifty pages or so. The tone of the novel changed from a happy cheerful read to something darker and it never seemed to come out of that funk. The ...more
Kathy Dough
Great up until the last 50 pages.

Then it gets weird. Sophie goes out
of character and the ending is terrible as it seems
that the characters all changed for unknown reason.

Ruthanne
Jul 27, 2012 Ruthanne rated it did not like it
Terrible writing and poorly developed story. Not worth the time.
Julie Barrett
Jun 08, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Tuesday's Child by Fern Michaels
Things always go from bad to worse on Tuesdays. The whole book comes down to the day of the week, in the most important of things that happen.

Mikala was just about to retire but the one case she lost the defender walked in and declared he had killed his wife. He wants her client to have all of his estate after he's dead within a weeks time. Sophia has been in jail for 10 years now.
When Sophia is released it's up to Kala's law firm to get her the money that is des

Karen
Feb 17, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
Being a huge fan of Fern Michaels books for many years I looked forward to reading this book..I debated between 3 and 4 stars and decided to go with four since most of the book was enjoyable to me..I was very disappointed with the end of this book..It had a good plot and I liked so many of the characters along the way,including Sophie,who had been released from prison after serving ten years for murder..A deathbed confession led to her release and I loved how she was getting her life back togeth ...more
Susan Ross
Apr 21, 2015 Susan Ross rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
I loved the first three-quarters of the book and then it tanked. The ending was a huge letdown and seemed hurried and pat to me. If the ending had been as good as the rest of the book I would have given it 5 stars. As it was, all I felt was disappointment after initially loving the book.
There was a twist that was really neat that ended up going nowhere and then another twist at the end of the story that the author didn't really seem to know what to do with. She should have just kept to the orig
Laurel
Sep 30, 2015 Laurel rated it it was ok
While I am an admirer of Michael's writing, characterization, pace and plotting I found a hair in my soup this time. The story is great, it wasn't the writing, it was a detail that ruined the book for me. It was Fox News. Imagine, if you will, a group of lawyers. Highly educated, smart, worldly who hire a close associate to help on a case. She was a recently fired journalist and was to work as an investigator in the law office. She gets a job offer at the end...with Fox News. She acts like that' ...more
Peggy
Another easy read between some of my longer novels. Not a great fan of Fern Michaels but this was an ok book.
Lauren
Mar 20, 2016 Lauren rated it liked it
I've read other Fern Michaels books and enjoyed them; unfortunately, I found myself frustrated while reading Tuesday's Child. The premise of the story is interesting and could have had a very powerful ending. Like other reviewers have said, however, the ending instead felt rushed and unsatisfying. The twist didn't come as a surprise to me - I could tell something was lurking underneath pretty early on - and it was unsettling how Sophie's personality literally changed overnight.

The author's writ
Jo An
Dec 21, 2012 Jo An rated it did not like it
This was one of the worst written books I have ever read. The plot really didnt make sense. The characters were so weak in their development that their personalities changed from one paragraph to the next. I am not a writer but I think I could've written a better book. I haven't read any of Fern Michaels other books but if they are anything like this one no thanks.
Jul 13, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
I can't decide about this book. I usually love Fern Michaels but I don't know if it was too many characters going here and there or if it was just my mind set, but I struggled to finish this on. It finally really grabbed my attention towards the last quarter of the book but I didn't like how it ended. . . .
Kelsey
Dec 31, 2015 Kelsey rated it it was ok
As many other reviews have said, I truly enjoyed this book.... Until about the last 50 pages. I read most of the book excited about the way in which the main character is growing! She seems like such a sweet girl, even when she's alone with her dog! She's constantly thinking/talking about Nick like he's the love of her life, and I was so excited for that reunion!

Then, she gets off the plane and it's like Michaels gave us an entirely new character. It didn't even make sense! There was no lead-in
Teresa
Feb 20, 2013 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
Another great book from Fern Michaels. Wow, the ending susprise me, not what I though would have happen. You need to read this great book.
Shelly Itkin
Jul 16, 2012 Shelly Itkin rated it it was amazing
Mikala Aulani is a very prominent lawyer in Dunwoody, Georgia and is known for winning almost all of her cases. Today, however was one of the worst Tuesdays of her life. Her client Sophie Lee, a twenty four year old, nurse who had been accused of murdering her wealthy patient, Audrey Star was found guilty. Guilty by the prosecutor Ryan Spenser, when they both knew she was not guilty and was now going to spend the rest of her life in prison.

Ten years have passed and Kala is planning on retiring w
Judy
May 29, 2012 Judy rated it it was amazing
Tuesday’s Child – A Thrilling Read!

Mikala Aulani is a defense attorney in the case of State of Georgia v. Sophie Lee. Sophie Lee a private nurse taking care of Audrey Star has been charged in the death of Audrey Star. Much to Mikala (Kala’s) dismay the jury has found Sophie guilty and is sentence to life in prison without parole. Hatred for Ryan Spenser, the prosecutor, makes Kala’s blood boil. She plans to some how bring him down.

Fast forward to ten years later; Kala is in the process of packi
Aug 15, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it
This is a goodreads free giveaway book for me. This is one of the author's better books. The story involves a nurse, wrongly convicted of killing a rich bedridden woman, who is freed after serving ten years of her sentence when the dead woman's husband confesses to the murder. Why he waited so long to confess and whether this is true or not makes up the basic plot of the novel. The story also covers a rivalry between the wrongly convicted woman's lawyer and the prosecutor who won the case agains ...more
Carol  MacInnis
Aug 25, 2012 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
A young orphan named Sophie Lee worked two jobs in order to put herself through nursing school and landed a job as full-time care giver with multi-millionaire Audrey Star. Audrey's husband, Adam, had difficulty keeping any nurses around for more than a week because of his invilid wife's caustic tongue. But Audrey perservered and Adam paid her well for her services. Now Sophie's life is on the line when her patient is found murdered. Georgia attorney Mikala, "Kala" Aulani defended Sophie to the b ...more
Aug 25, 2012 Kathy added it
Shelves: mystery
Kim
Sep 22, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
I wouldn't have dreamed how this would have turned out like it did. Near the end of the book I felt where it might be heading. My heart broke for Kala for all the love and trust she put in one person and they turned out to be nothing of what she thought they were. This is a thought provoking and heartbreaking read. Although it brought two rivals together in the end, I keep thinking about the pain and hurt that went on for 10 yrs for nothing.
Karenbike Patterson
Dec 23, 2015 Karenbike Patterson rated it did not like it
A wrongly convicted murderer is released from prison after serving 10 years. The real murderer dies and leaves her millions. But wait! Two rival lawyers think the "murder" is a suicide so they join forces to find a journal to prove this. Who publishes this cliches-ridden, slow moving plot, worship of money and Hawaii beaches, triteness?.. and everyone lives happily ever after.
Mary
I really didn't like this book. I was hoping it would be similar to the Weekend Warrior because their was justice wrapped up in a fun story. I felt the characters were all of one voice, which wasn't very likeable. It seemed the characters blew hot or cold depending on the action. Really hated the ending.
Joy
Jan 12, 2016 Joy rated it it was ok
Marian Sofferin
Jun 06, 2015 Marian Sofferin rated it it was ok
This book started off just fine but made a detour towards the last quarter of the book. The characters behavior takes a turn that is not explained. The dialogue between characters make no sense and has no relationship to the first three quarters of the book. Don't waste your time with this one.
Paula
Jul 23, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it
Fern Michaels never disappoints.

Kala is getting ready to retire after 35 years of practicing law with her partner Ben, a retired judge. Her plan is go home to mainland Hawaii and spend time with her family, her beautiful home, garden, ocean, etc. She was never able to solve a case where her client spent 10 years in prison for murder and no one ever believed she was guilty.

"Remember nothing is ever as it seems" is the mantra throughout the story.

After many twists and turns and Kala and Ben not re
Aug 12, 2012 Kathy rated it did not like it
Annie
Apr 19, 2016 Annie rated it really liked it
Was it just me or were the last five or so chapters really rushed? I was really enjoying the book until things started speeding up. I mean Kala thought of Sophie as a daughter then didn't want to talk to her after the press conference. Had she worked it out by then?
Jenn
Jan 27, 2015 Jenn rated it it was ok
Things happen on Tuesday for Sophie. If you couldn't figure that out from the title and about every chapter, then detective work is not for you.I found this book a bit of a yawn and the characters without flaws and perfect memories was almost as unbelievable as the childlike heiress and her husband.

I would definitely pass on this book.
Hulagurl
Aug 17, 2012 Hulagurl rated it it was ok

While Tuesday's Child was an enjoyable read, it certainly wasn't one of Ms. Michaels' best. I just kept reading it because I hate to waste money.

Side note: I enjoy reading books set in my beloved Hawai'i, but am disappointed when an author doesn't seem to authenticate very much, which only perpetuates ignorance and/or prejudice. Case in point: Mikala, the attorney's first name, isn't a Hawaiian name. It's the "Hawaiianized" version of the name Michelle. If the attorney were truly of Hawaiian de
charmaine White
Mar 04, 2016 charmaine White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

I could not stop reading it.Had me sitting on the edge of my seat from beginning too end,one thrilling moment after the next.I never saw the end coming.
  • Missing Mabel
  • A Cowboy Under My Christmas Tree
  • Little Night
  • Last Summer
  • Learning to Love: Sugar and Spice\Love by Degree
  • Betrayal
  • Preschooler's Busy Book: 365 fun, creative, screen-free activities to stimulate your preschooler every day of the year!
  • Letter from a Stranger
  • Painkiller Addict: From wreckage to redemption - my true story
  • Fate and Ms. Fortune
  • Deeply Regretted By
  • Joshua's Folly
  • Blood of the Emperor (The Annals of Drakis, #3)
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Lone Bean
  • Hellbox (Nameless Detective, #36)
  • The Art of Saying Goodbye: A Novel
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

“white and pink, that smelled heavenly, hibiscus so brilliant in color they almost burned Sophie’s eyeballs. In the middle of the lanai, a table was set for breakfast, with pristine white dishes. The chairs” 1 likes