Start by marking “Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)

Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos #1)

Advertising executive and single parent Luke Fisher has grown painfully aware he becomes less dateable the minute he reveals he has a son. Not entertaining any hope of finding love is difficult, but after six years of failed romances, he’s resolved it doesn’t matter. He has all he needs in life: beautiful son, great job, supportive family.

Until two weeks before Christmas,
Published December 19th 2011 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Popsalos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Popsalos

T.A. Webb
Dec 21, 2011 T.A. Webb rated it it was amazing
Luke is young, has a promising career in advertising, a great family. He is also a gay single dad. And hasn't been on a date in...well, he has almost forgot how to spell the word.

Two weeks before Christmas, he meets Jamie while out for a drink with his co-workers. Christmas is great, but also a hard time for him. He misses his best friend, the mother of his son Reggie. After one magical night together, he is sure Jamie will give him the same blow off every other man does when they find out he ha
Deeze
Dec 19, 2012 Deeze rated it it was ok
This started out so good. I instantly fell in love with Reggie and was looking forward to seeing more of him with both his dad and Mr Popsalos. But sadly like too many shorts I was disappointed.

After a good start it switched to a typical sex scene, easily skipped over, then the ending.

Not exactly a Christmassy read either.
Heller
Dec 29, 2012 Heller rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary
A cute story with a single dad having a one night stand with a gorgeous guy. The little boy, Reggie, is freaking adorable and the story about his mom was heart breaking. Nice, quick little read with charming characters.
Emma Sea
Feb 19, 2013 Emma Sea rated it it was ok
The book was a chicken nugget: 24 hours afterwards I couldn't remember a single thing about the experience.

Bev
Sep 27, 2013 Bev rated it really liked it
Another Lisa Worrall one I've loved, but really wished had been so much longer. This story of unlucky in love Luke, his son Reggie and what happens one night when he decides to chill out and go out to a local bar with his fellow workers....does he get lucky...read it and find out. ♥♥
Serena Yates
Dec 09, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a very cute Christmas story, which had all the ingredients to make me smile. Potential heartbreak threatens throughout, but thankfully never happens. The characters are real, have flaws and are very supportive of each other – sometimes in very unexpected ways. And the ending has an extra little twist which just makes the whole thing even better.

There is Luke, a single father who is determined to make sure his son, Reggie, doesn’t miss a thing. He is willing to go as far as to deny himsel
Ami
Nov 08, 2011 Ami rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Luke Fisher has been a single parent for six years. While he is lonely and would like to find that special someone, he tries to convince himself that he has everything he needs: a beautiful son (Reggie), a good job as an ad exec, and a supportive family. Then one night, he's out with some friends and meets Jamie in a bar. The strong and mutual attraction is evident from the start and, against his better judgement, Luke goes home with him. If it's one thing Luke has become painfully awar
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This was a sweet, fluffy morsel of a story. I was in the mood for something short and light and this was it. It was also highly predictable but, hey, I was expecting that and it didn't make the story any less cute. Good stuff.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Mar 11, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Tailtiu
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, short
3.5*
Sweet Christmassy story.
Luke is a single dad and doesn't think he can have a relationship, so he leaves after a great night with Jamie.
But of course they meet again.... At Luke's sons school!
Monika
May 03, 2012 Monika rated it liked it
I liked this sweet little short and I do mean short! This was over way to soon the characters in this story would have made a great book!
MLE
Jan 03, 2013 MLE rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
I like it, but something about a woman with terminal cancer having a baby becuase she thinks that's the only meaningful mark she can leave on the world strikes me as sad.
Lauren
Jul 14, 2012 Lauren rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - This was a nice little read, I just wish it had been longer!

Re-read on 23rd Feb 2013: I just read this one again because I downloaded the sequel and wanted to refresh myself on the characters. I forgot just how lovely this story was! Reggie is such a sweetheart and really made me chuckle. Jamie was awesome, too. Roll on, book 2!
Elizabetta

Going through the tottering TBR list and this one's been on it for ages.

A quick sweet sip of holiday cheer. Boy meets boy in bar, hook-up ensues, cute kid goes in and out. Love is in the air. Or hot attraction, anyway. This is mostly a sex scene. Nothing wrong with that, it was enough of a tease to make me wonder what happens in book 2.
Arthur
Dec 21, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it
A sweet, nice story. The kind of stories where the plot is already known, we're just waiting to see on how well the execution is. This one is quite good.
Staceyr
Dec 19, 2011 Staceyr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this---adorably funny and totally hot. Didn't feel finished though--I wanted MORE!
Isabel
Dec 28, 2013 Isabel rated it really liked it
Lovely, sweet... want more of Luke and Jamie!!!!
Tam
Jan 01, 2012 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, christmas-story
A sweet Christmas story about a single father who after a steamy night with a hot guy, runs before he can be rejected for having the baggage of a young child. However he's in for a surprise when he goes to visit his son's teacher and meets the new classroom assistant. It was a sweet story with two very likable guys and the sex was very steamy with a connection between the two men. A nice feel-good holiday story.
Sadonna
Dec 24, 2011 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm, holidays
Very sweet and cute short story. Luke is a gay single day with a 6 year old son. He goes out one night after work and meets Jamie at the bar with his friends and boss. He goes home with Jamie and a bout of fantastic sex, but purposely throws away Jamie's number because he thinks being a single dad is the kiss of death for dating. While the plot was predictable, it was well done. There is Christmas and mistletoe and some hot sex thrown in for good measure. Fun read!
Donna
Dec 23, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read
Short, sweet, cute, adorable...I am running out of words to describe this book!!! It had all the elements you need to make a story enjoyable...and I truly enjoyed it!!! I found my self smiling and laughing through out the book...Luke and Jamie had instant chemistry and who wouldn't love Reggie...he is just the best!!! Looking forward to reading the sequel!!!!
Karel
Mar 03, 2013 Karel rated it it was ok
Shelves: nomance
Too short to accommodate anything except a sex scene. Premise was not thoroughly explored. Would have been great with another 50 pages.

Although if my name was Poposaurus I would want my story to end quickly too.
Natalija
Dec 19, 2012 Natalija rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
What a lovely story! It's charming, it's romantic and so very hot. I will definitely be reading more of Ms. Worrall's books in the future.
Katharina
Jan 19, 2013 Katharina rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, humour
A sweet little read, nothing surprising, but you don't really expect that anyway reading the blurb. The writing style is nice and fluid, easy to read and overall very pleasant.
I'm a big fan of kids in m/m stories and that was well done here! I loved the Luke-Reggie interactions, since I like it when a six-year old actually talks like a kid and not a small adult.
If you're looking for something short and sweet and christmassy, this is a good choice.
Kari
Dec 23, 2011 Kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, ipad
As with most novellas, I wanted more after I read this one. Mr. Popsalos was a really cute story. Jamie and Luke are cute together. I loved the ending. Luke definitely gets a life lesson..don't always assume everyone will react the same when they find out you have a child. I would have liked to see more of the relationship, beyond just the hope of a HEA. But, for a quick story that leaves you with a smile, this is totally worth checking out.
Susinok
Dec 13, 2012 Susinok rated it liked it
Single dad Luke Fisher has been too busy to date. He finally loosens up enough to go home with a hot guy he met at a bar. They connect very well and after the evening is over, Luke throws away Jaimie's number, afraid of his reaction to being a father.

This was a nice story, however the way Luke's son was conceived was a bit unbelievable.
Mrs. Badass
Feb 08, 2012 Mrs. Badass rated it really liked it
Super sweet and the potential for a full story is here. I'm mad it's so short. I want more, Ms. Worrall.
Plus, the cover is simply divine. I would probably rate this three stars, because it's so bloody short. But I loved the characters and the son. So I bumped it up.
Lily
Luke and Jamie meet in a bar and spend a few super hot hours together. Afraid of once again being rejected because of his son Luke never calls Jamie but a surprising connection may just lead these two to a happy holiday romance. This was a very enjoyable short story.
melek
LUke meets jamie at a bar and they have a one night stand, but luke leaves straight after thinking if he knew he had a child he wont have anything to do with him.

Luke also have a bit of a shock afterwards.
Katy Beth Mckee
Jul 12, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable story with holiday magic. Reggie is the result of a very special friendship for Luke and he's been really taking care of his son and not much else. I love how his friends work at getting him out to enjoy himself. It was cute how things worked out for Luke and his pick-up.
S
Dec 28, 2011 S rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, con-rom, i-own
What a sweet story!!! This was incredibly short, but set up perfectly and really well-written - I want to read a full length novel about Luke, his kid, and Jamie. The story really doesn't have to do with Christmas, but who cares? It's lovely, sexy, and smart.
Dreamspinner Press: Mr. Popsalos by Lisa Worrall 1 3 Dec 26, 2014 03:11AM
  • My Christmas Present
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #2)
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Home and Heart
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated #1)
  • The Mistletoe Phenomenon (Mistletoe Science, #1)
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Something for Santa
  • Deefur Dog (Deefur, #1)
  • Wish List
  • A Lion in Tails (2013 Advent Calendar - Heartwarming)
  • Personal Shopper
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • One Last Kiss Goodbye
  • Eight Days
  • Countdown to Daddies
I live in Leigh on Sea, a small seaside town just outside London on the coast of Essex, about ten minutes from Southend, which boasts the longest pier in the world. I live with my partner and two ever-growing children, who I let think are the boss of me; along with a dog who actually is.

As the wonderful Beatrix Potter said, “There is something delicious about writing the first words of a new stor
More about Lisa Worrall...

Mr. Popsalos (2 books)
  • The Perfect Gift (Mr. Popsalos, #2)