Start by marking “Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos, #1)

Mr. Popsalos (Mr. Popsalos #1)

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  59 reviews
THIS VERSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Luke Fisher has been a single parent for six years. During those six years, he has become painfully aware that the moment you reveal that you have a kid, you immediately become less dateable. Rather than set himself up for the inevitable fall, he just doesn’t date. But it doesn’t matter, because he has everything he needs; a beautiful son
Published December 19th 2011 by Silver Publishing (first published December 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Popsalos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Popsalos

T.A. Webb
Luke is young, has a promising career in advertising, a great family. He is also a gay single dad. And hasn't been on a date in...well, he has almost forgot how to spell the word.

Two weeks before Christmas, he meets Jamie while out for a drink with his co-workers. Christmas is great, but also a hard time for him. He misses his best friend, the mother of his son Reggie. After one magical night together, he is sure Jamie will give him the same blow off every other man does when they find out he ha
Deeze
This started out so good. I instantly fell in love with Reggie and was looking forward to seeing more of him with both his dad and Mr Popsalos. But sadly like too many shorts I was disappointed.

After a good start it switched to a typical sex scene, easily skipped over, then the ending.

Not exactly a Christmassy read either.
Bev
Another Lisa Worrall one I've loved, but really wished had been so much longer. This story of unlucky in love Luke, his son Reggie and what happens one night when he decides to chill out and go out to a local bar with his fellow workers....does he get lucky...read it and find out. ♥♥
Heller
A cute story with a single dad having a one night stand with a gorgeous guy. The little boy, Reggie, is freaking adorable and the story about his mom was heart breaking. Nice, quick little read with charming characters.
Emma Sea
The book was a chicken nugget: 24 hours afterwards I couldn't remember a single thing about the experience.

Serena Yates
This is a very cute Christmas story, which had all the ingredients to make me smile. Potential heartbreak threatens throughout, but thankfully never happens. The characters are real, have flaws and are very supportive of each other – sometimes in very unexpected ways. And the ending has an extra little twist which just makes the whole thing even better.

There is Luke, a single father who is determined to make sure his son, Reggie, doesn’t miss a thing. He is willing to go as far as to deny himsel
Ami
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Luke Fisher has been a single parent for six years. While he is lonely and would like to find that special someone, he tries to convince himself that he has everything he needs: a beautiful son (Reggie), a good job as an ad exec, and a supportive family. Then one night, he's out with some friends and meets Jamie in a bar. The strong and mutual attraction is evident from the start and, against his better judgement, Luke goes home with him. If it's one thing Luke has become painfully awar
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This was a sweet, fluffy morsel of a story. I was in the mood for something short and light and this was it. It was also highly predictable but, hey, I was expecting that and it didn't make the story any less cute. Good stuff.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Mar 30, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Tailtiu
Shelves: ebook-owned, m-m, short
3.5*
Sweet Christmassy story.
Luke is a single dad and doesn't think he can have a relationship, so he leaves after a great night with Jamie.
But of course they meet again.... At Luke's sons school!
MLE
Jan 04, 2013 MLE rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
I like it, but something about a woman with terminal cancer having a baby becuase she thinks that's the only meaningful mark she can leave on the world strikes me as sad.
Monika
I liked this sweet little short and I do mean short! This was over way to soon the characters in this story would have made a great book!
Tam
A sweet Christmas story about a single father who after a steamy night with a hot guy, runs before he can be rejected for having the baggage of a young child. However he's in for a surprise when he goes to visit his son's teacher and meets the new classroom assistant. It was a sweet story with two very likable guys and the sex was very steamy with a connection between the two men. A nice feel-good holiday story.
Elizabetta

Going through the tottering TBR list and this one's been on it for ages.

A quick sweet sip of holiday cheer. Boy meets boy in bar, hook-up ensues, cute kid goes in and out. Love is in the air. Or hot attraction, anyway. This is mostly a sex scene. Nothing wrong with that, it was enough of a tease to make me wonder what happens in book 2.
Lauren
3.5 stars - This was a nice little read, I just wish it had been longer!

Re-read on 23rd Feb 2013: I just read this one again because I downloaded the sequel and wanted to refresh myself on the characters. I forgot just how lovely this story was! Reggie is such a sweetheart and really made me chuckle. Jamie was awesome, too. Roll on, book 2!
Arthur
A sweet, nice story. The kind of stories where the plot is already known, we're just waiting to see on how well the execution is. This one is quite good.
Staceyr
Loved this---adorably funny and totally hot. Didn't feel finished though--I wanted MORE!
Isabel
Lovely, sweet... want more of Luke and Jamie!!!!
Sadonna
Very sweet and cute short story. Luke is a gay single day with a 6 year old son. He goes out one night after work and meets Jamie at the bar with his friends and boss. He goes home with Jamie and a bout of fantastic sex, but purposely throws away Jamie's number because he thinks being a single dad is the kiss of death for dating. While the plot was predictable, it was well done. There is Christmas and mistletoe and some hot sex thrown in for good measure. Fun read!
Karel
Too short to accommodate anything except a sex scene. Premise was not thoroughly explored. Would have been great with another 50 pages.

Although if my name was Poposaurus I would want my story to end quickly too.
Natālija
What a lovely story! It's charming, it's romantic and so very hot. I will definitely be reading more of Ms. Worrall's books in the future.
Sunny
cute, but way too short
Eve
Feb 11, 2014 Eve rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A nice Holiday shorty that sort of scratches an itch but leaves you wanting more! Thank goodness there's a sequel!! ;) these are shaping up to be too cute!!!
Raisa
Loved this!!! Just what i needed! A short cute angst free story :')
Katharina
A sweet little read, nothing surprising, but you don't really expect that anyway reading the blurb. The writing style is nice and fluid, easy to read and overall very pleasant.
I'm a big fan of kids in m/m stories and that was well done here! I loved the Luke-Reggie interactions, since I like it when a six-year old actually talks like a kid and not a small adult.
If you're looking for something short and sweet and christmassy, this is a good choice.
Kari
Dec 23, 2011 Kari rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011, ipad
As with most novellas, I wanted more after I read this one. Mr. Popsalos was a really cute story. Jamie and Luke are cute together. I loved the ending. Luke definitely gets a life lesson..don't always assume everyone will react the same when they find out you have a child. I would have liked to see more of the relationship, beyond just the hope of a HEA. But, for a quick story that leaves you with a smile, this is totally worth checking out.
Donna
Short, sweet, cute, adorable...I am running out of words to describe this book!!! It had all the elements you need to make a story enjoyable...and I truly enjoyed it!!! I found my self smiling and laughing through out the book...Luke and Jamie had instant chemistry and who wouldn't love Reggie...he is just the best!!! Looking forward to reading the sequel!!!!
Susinok
Single dad Luke Fisher has been too busy to date. He finally loosens up enough to go home with a hot guy he met at a bar. They connect very well and after the evening is over, Luke throws away Jaimie's number, afraid of his reaction to being a father.

This was a nice story, however the way Luke's son was conceived was a bit unbelievable.
Katy Beth Mckee
Very enjoyable story with holiday magic. Reggie is the result of a very special friendship for Luke and he's been really taking care of his son and not much else. I love how his friends work at getting him out to enjoy himself. It was cute how things worked out for Luke and his pick-up.
  • Inseparable (Inseparable, #1)
  • My Christmas Present
  • Turkey in the Snow
  • His Christmas Wish (Men of Charlestown, #1)
  • Mannies Incorporated (Mannies Incorporated, #1)
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Deefur Dog (Deefur, #1)
  • Home and Heart
  • Bianca's Plan
  • Fuzzy (First Impressions, #2)
  • Hawk 'n' Harley
  • One Last Kiss Goodbye
  • Sock it to Me, Santa!
  • Compensations (Life Lessons, #3.5)
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • Wish List
  • Countdown to Daddies
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song (Heartwarming)
Thank you for reading and taking the time to review and/or rate. It's jaw-dropping to me that you would do either. I feel a bit like Sally Field in her famous Oscar speech "You like me - you actually like me"

I live in a small seaside town just outside London, on the South Coast of England that boasts the longest pier in the world; where I am ordered around by two precocious children and a dog who
More about Lisa Worrall...
Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1) A Nanny for Nate Unshakeable Faith Just One Kiss I Can See For Miles