Start by marking “Duel of Hearts” as Want to Read:
Duel of Hearts

Duel of Hearts

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  108 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Delilah Chadwick thinks she's the apple of her father's eye - until he suddenly announces his plans to marry. Certain there must be some mistake, Lilah rushes to London.

Adam Harleston, 9th Earl of Drakesley, is a man possessed. His cousin is being seduced by an older gentleman, and he must save her honor before it's too late.

But wedding bells are about to ring for Lilah's
Published October 9th 2011 by Diane Farr Books (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Duel of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duel of Hearts

QNPoohBear
Delilah Chadwick, spoiled only child of a baronet, is shocked and horrified to receive a letter from her father announcing his attentions of marrying. She's determined to stop the marriage at once, certain that her father's intended is some grasping harpy taking advantage of Papa's good nature. Lilah and her companion "Picky," take off for London at once but run into obstacles. There's only one traveling carriage available at the posting inn and it's spoken for. Adam Harleston, ninth Earl of Dra ...more
Sbuchler
Jun 30, 2008 Sbuchler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2008, romance
genre: Regency Romance

Fun, "love-at-first-hate" romance of two regency fire-brands bumping up against eachother. Laugh-out-loud funny in multiple places. The "bedroom scenes" are all suggestive but not explicit. I found it a fun read ;-)
ChloeLeeNH
Nov 05, 2008 ChloeLeeNH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just another reread :)... I loved the "love at first hate" as well. I am really loving that type of book and those are being saved in my reread pile right now!

Very quick and entertaining read!
Anna
Jul 14, 2009 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laugh out loud funny! My family thought I was insane because I couldn't stop laughing. A definite must read.
Cecilia Rodriguez
A Regency ear romance that has some influence from: "Taming of the Shrew."
When Delilah Chadwick learns her father, Sir Horace plans on remarrying, she makes the rash dicision to travel to London to stop it.
Along the way, Lilah's mode of transportation breaks down.
This leads to a chance encounter with Lord Drakesley. The two immediately spark.
Funny and light in tone.
P.
Dec 24, 2015 P. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read, although it took a bit to get into it. The lead characters are fairly annoying to start, and I put this book down several times, but should you stay the course as I eventually did, I believe you'll enjoy it.
Sophie
What a delightful story with wonderful characters! I loved it!

It was lovely to see two characters of a similar, fiery nature come together. Their frequent arguments were highly amusing and the whole story of how their passionate relationship developed was great, if a little frustrating at times when they just wouldn't see what was right before their eyes; that they were perfect for each other - it's not only opposites that attract! There were some sweet secondary characters and putting it all t
Claudia
Jan 19, 2013 Claudia rated it really liked it
at the beginning of this book I thought it was a real disappointment because the heroine seemed to be a spoiled brat ... and not just a little spoiled ....

the heroe was one of a kind and I really liked him but sadly we got no real insights on him.

during the book the main characters grew on you and the story was nice to read

on the whole 3,5 stars from me for this book

sidenote: there is also a small appearance of Lord Rival ... he did not appear to be more charming than in Falling for Chloe, on t
Denise
I really loved this book. The constant bickering between the hero and heroine is highly entertaining. The chemistry between the 2 is palpable, and I really enjoy that the author was able to portray their romance with no graphic details. In fact, it was quite innocent (although for the time period, I'm sure it was scandalous!) However tame it may have seemed though, I still got butterflies in my stomach whenever their clashing personalities resulted in tumultuous and passionate embraces.
BJ Rose
An OK read, but nothing compelling. Two very strong-willed people find love amongst constant bickering. Very light-hearted and silly.
M
Jul 19, 2012 M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really fun read. A regency romance with a fun twist. Just read it , you'll enjoy the farce and humor of the hero and heroine.
Ashley
Aug 31, 2010 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone needs a ridiculously cheesy and not-so-well written romance novel every once in awhile!
Gemma
Jan 12, 2011 Gemma rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not like the heroine at all. I thought she was a spoiled brat. Diane Farr has written better.
Ilze
Feb 12, 2013 Ilze rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very nicely written, enjoyable traditional-style Regency - a comedy of manners and character.
Sylvia
April I. Barton
April I. Barton marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
MrsMascara
MrsMascara marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Phillip E Wint
Phillip E Wint is currently reading it
May 14, 2016
Elen
Elen marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Addie
Addie rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
Ireland Durante
Ireland Durante marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mutual Consent
  • The Five-Minute Marriage
  • Deirdre and Don Juan (Lovers and Ladies, #6)
  • A Worthy Wife
  • Mr. Malcolm's List
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • The Silverton Scandal
  • The Captain's Inheritance (Rothschild Trilogy #3)
  • The Phantom Lover
  • The Notorious Rake (Waite, #3)
  • Lord Sidley's Last Season
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Gallant Waif
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind (Avalon Romance)
  • The Bride Sale