Start by marking “Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding, #2)

Tainted Night, Tainted Blood (Kat Redding #2)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  346 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Kat Redding is a vampire with a job to do - wiping out the vamps and werewolves who prey on Pureblood humans. Someone has to do it - as long as that someone is her. But suddenly Kat, also known as Lady Death, has competition, and it's causing problems.
Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 352 pages
Published July 3rd 2012 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Night, Tainted Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tainted Night, Tainted Blood

Paranormal Haven
Kat discovers that someone else is killing vampire houses, but they are not letting the Purebloods (humans) live. People are starting to think it is Lady Death, which is the name she hunts those like her under. She teams up with the Luna Cult to find out what is going on. She soon discovers that what is killing the monsters in the night like her has a link to her past.

Tainted Night, Tainted Blood is the second book in the Kat Redding series. It is a series you will want to start with the first b
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A story of a vampire with very “human” philosophical problems.

Opening Sentence: The body lay crumpled in the driveway – a heap of cloth that could have been anything if not for the distinctive smell that drifted on the light breeze.

The Review:

Tainted Night, Tainted Blood is the second installment in the Kat Redding series. Kat Redding, human-turned-vampire hunter, has always fought against the things that go bump in the night. With the help
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: "The body lay crumpled in the driveway--a heap of cloth that could have been anything if not for the distinctive smell that drifted on the light breeze." (p. 1, ARC)

I didn't realize Tainted Night, Tainted Blood, was book two in E.S. Moore's Kat Redding series until I had the ARC in hand. I feel rather silly about it since I bypassed book one, To Walk the Night, based on reader reviews I found posted online. Still, I tried to keep an open mind as I jumped into the world of Kat Red
Melliane
4,5/5

Mon avis en Français

My English review

I enjoyed the first book of this series as it was more about the action, something that is different from some books we can read today in Urban Fantasy. It’s true that I would have loved to have more developments about the feelings of our characters and my wish has been granted in this second novel. This book has everything I want in a book in this genre.

From the start, I was completely hooked by the E.S. Moore story. We discover a new aspect of the kat’
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Rating* 3.0
*Genre* Urban Fantasy

*Review Shortly*

I'm kind of disappointed in this story. Several storylines muttled together and then just the hint of a possible romantic interlude between Kat and another character which fizzles out because of yet again storyline pertaining to someone lost to Kat years before.

Enough of the subtly. More later.

Expected publication: July 3rd 2012 by Kensington *ARC* recvd 04/17/2012.
Rhonda
Wow! Ok this is one seriously depressing hero. I did not read the first book since it was unavailable from the library but I don't think I will go back and read it now or read the others in the series. One other reviewer stated that the main character had permanent PMS and I think that about fits her.

She is supposed to be "Lady Death" but from the few fight scenes I really paid attention to, she got her butt handed to her and had to be rescued. How does that make her "Lady Death?"

Anyway, I thi
Lucy Dosch
***NOTE: THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS HERE!!***

In this continuing series, Kat Redding, also known in the supernatural world as Lady Death, finds out that someone is running around the city killing vampires and werewolves with a sword, and although it is not Kat’s style to kill random individuals, rumors are circulating that Lady Death is responsible for these new slayings.

Kat is again approached by Jonathan Alucard, the werewolf alpha of the Luna Cult, to help catch the killer before more weres ar
Fangs for the Fantasy
Kat Richardson, vampire, Lady Death is on the hunt again. Another Fledgling House has stepped above and beyond the sadism that is so common among the vampires and needs putting down.

But when she arrives, someone has got there first. Every wolf, every vampire in the place has been brutally slaughtered. Worse, so have the innocent Purebloods kept as prey. To complicate things, this isn’t the first mysterious slaughter and rogues have been dying across town – and Kat, Lady Death, is the one who is
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Rating 4.5.

Kat Redding was a monster hunter, hunting down vampires and werewolves with her brother Thomas until they were captured and she was turned into a vampire and Thomas was tainted with both vampire and werewolf blood making him an uncontrollable insane killing machine. It’s been years since her turning and the last time she saw her brother, but Kat continues to hunt the rogues who torture and kill Purebloods (humans) earning her the title Lady Death.

There are few who know that Lady Deat
Monica Williams
Kat Redding, survived her last adventure teaming up with the Luna Cult. Kat, who is known as Lady Death to the vampires whom she kills finds she has some competition. Vampires are being slaughtered and Kat is not the culprit. So who is doing the killing? Kat's past may be coming back to haunt her. Kat's whole family was murdered by a vampire who changed her and made her brother a werepire (an awful cross of werewolf and vampire). Her brother disappeared when Kat was able escape so she never knew ...more
Toni
Kat’s world is about to be turned upside down.

Kat is a one woman wrecking crew when it comes to taking down undesirable vampires and werewolves. Now there is a new force in town. One that is killing in what appears to be with Kat’s signature moves. This does not bode well for her. She is already trying to protect Purebloods, now it looks like she is going to have to work twice as hard to protect her own hide.

Kat begins to question her existence and the desire to continue down her chosen road. Wh
Stacey Brutger
3 Stars

DESCRIPTION:
Kat Redding is a vampire with a job to do – wiping out the vamps and werewolves who prey on Pureblood humans. Someone has to do it…as long as that someone is her. But suddenly Kat, also known as Lady Death, has competition, and it’s causing problems. Vampire houses and werewolf clans alike are blaming her for a spate of gruesome murders, and Kat needs to figure out who’s really responsible before she becomes the next target…

On the hunt, she forms an uneasy alliance with both t
Red Lace
Sep 21, 2014 Red Lace rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: urban fantasy fans
Kat Redding, aka Lady Death, discovers she has dangerous competition. Someone is slaughtering vampires and werewolves, yet in a sloppy all-too-brutal way. It’s getting out of hand as Kat herself is under threat, along with the Luna Cult. Once more banding together to stop a common foe, Kat and her werewolf allies are shocked by the revelation they discover.

(Please be aware that this review may contain spoilers before reading further.)

Unfortunately I enjoyed the first book quite a bit more than
Joshua Burns
As seen on Rabidreads.ca:

Tainted Blood, Tainted Night gets right to the gore. Our protagonist, Kat Redding, could not have a more indicative name, for it seems the one thing this book accomplishes best is redden her and the surroundings.

This is not to say that the character development is not present. Tainted Blood, Tainted Night's character development boils down to progressively handicapping Kat - primarily physically, although there is a bit mentally - reminding one most of 2008's The Wrestle
Yvonne
It was seriously tiring reading about her angst. Someone said that there should be more to a heroine than permanent PMS and I totally agree. Kat keeps making dumb decisions one after the other and lashes out at the people around her when she doesn't like the consequences. Yet she knows that it's her own fault and still doesn't try to change. It was seriously frustrating. I admit that the book was well written and there was lots of action but Kat's self-hatred and stubborn refusal to move on from ...more
Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥
There was more action in this book than the first one, however i didn't like kat n here, sure there was some kickass fights and battles, but she was so damn whinny.
I hated everytime she went to delai and i don't really know why..

I like ethan very much, he is so cute :*
Mara
3 1/2 stars

A monster with a very human mindset. This is the story and the life of a vampire who never accepted what she was. And now she's paying for it. Full time.

All her beautifully human weaknesses make reading this book an experience similar to watching a train wreck or an incident in the making. You know they are going to crash and you are powerless to do anything to stop it.

As in the first book, the heroine makes pretty dumb decisions that cost her almost her life and some really stupid o
Sherry
Still not sure how I feel about this book. I would like to know about a couple of the characters but not enough to go out and buy more of the books. The main female character, Kat, really annoyed me sometimes. Will have to think about it some more.
Lisa King
I feel bad for not liking this book. It had so much potential but it just didn't pan out for me. It was not badly written, it had an interesting story...maybe not so much. Kat Redding is a vampire that hunts her own kind and distrusts anything tainted-vampires, werewolves etc. Now, if the character, Kat, was in any way likeable and endearing (even tough chicks have a heart)then I would have liked the book. As it was, Kat does not grow as a character and maybe even regresses a bit. She runs away ...more
Christine Hayes
Was a good story, glad I got to read it.
Monica
I enjoyed this book about dams much as the first; it's alright but nothing really special.
Sherie Davis
I didn't like this one as much as the first. The overall plot was still interesting but I felt like the heroine spent the entire time all conflicted and emotional. Totally out of control. She had a great deal of self-loathing in the first book too, but it didn't seem to be something she dwelt on non-stop. It was there and she just sort of accepted that and moved on. Not so much here. I guess that was sort of essential to the story line but it was less fun to read. I'm hoping the next one has les ...more
Bloodqueen
Enjoyed the read.
Doris
Our main character is one of the good people, but is being blamed for evil actions against those she is trying to protect.

This story starts out in a casual, almost dare-to-read-me fashion, slowly but surely pulling the reader into a complicated mix of fantasy and mystery.

Tia
sad and fucked up but overall a good read. You would think that being a vampire for such a long time, she would know she is fucking up bad and yet, she doesn't get it...
Jill Bradley
This book was a little bit less awesome than the first book. I feel like it was more of a filler than anything else.
Rachel Chiapparine
This one confused me but I am still curious to see what happens next.
Kelsey
Review pending...
Tracy
Done Reading
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Stalking the Others (H&W Investigations, #4)
  • Strange Trouble (Rune Alexander #3)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • Bedeviled (Dark Breed #2)
  • Under the Gun (Underworld Detection Agency, #4)
  • Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift, #2)
  • Demons of Desire (Half-Breed, #1)
  • That Thing at the Zoo (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #0.5)
  • The Devil Is a Gentleman (Niki Slobodian, #2)
  • Shadow's Fall (Shadow World, #3)
  • ReVamped (Void City, #2)
  • Hellhound Defined (Kasadya,#4)
  • Maggie Get Your Gun (Maggie MacKay, Magical Tracker, #2)
  • A Stroke of Dumb Luck (Colbana Files, #0.5)
  • Blood Oranges (Siobhan Quinn, #1)
Author of the Kat Redding urban fantasy series and the YA horror e-novel, LITTLE DAVID LOST. When he's not writing or reading, he can usually be found feeding his online gaming addiction or listening to loud, obnoxious music.
More about E.S. Moore...

Kat Redding (5 books)
  • To Walk the Night (Kat Redding, #1)
  • Blessed by a Demon’s Mark (Kat Redding, #3)
  • Blood from a Silver Cross (Kat Redding, #4)
  • Souls of the Damned (Kat Redding, #5)
To Walk the Night (Kat Redding, #1) Blessed by a Demon’s Mark (Kat Redding, #3) Blood from a Silver Cross (Kat Redding, #4) Souls of the Damned (Kat Redding, #5) Little David Lost