Perigee Moon

Perigee Moon

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  35 reviews
After a horrific fire claims the life of her mother, seventeen year old Rowan Bliss finds herself in the miniscule town of Ipswich, Massachusetts. It's here that she meets Alex, a deliciously mysterious boy who holds the key to unlocking her family's dark secret. As Rowan falls helplessly over the edge for Alex, the secrets that he insists on keeping refuse to be contained...more
Published January 12th 2012 by Crescent Moon Press

Onyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutInsurgent by Veronica RothCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareLover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Most Expected Romance Titles 2012
22nd out of 415 books — 1,471 voters
Rift Healer by Diane M. HaynesLove Chosen by Marne Ann KirkAwaited by Lynn RushMedusa, A Love Story by Sasha SummersTaste by Kate Evangelista
Good Books To Read In 2012
13th out of 331 books — 160 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam
This is definitely one for the romance junkies.

Tara Fuller impresses me with her debut novel, giving me a heart-warming tale of first love, witchcraft, and everything in between. Her writing is so effortlessly mesmerising that from the first single word - Death - right through to the last sentence, she had me completely and utterly enthralled. Not once did my attention waver from the story, nor did I ever feel disengaged from the characters. I was more than satisfied with the dynamic, layered pr...more
Erin
Apr 22, 2012 Erin rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of fantasy romance stories
I absolutely adored this book!!!! Holy cow, I have never been a huge fan of witch stories, but Tara Fuller had me at Alex Foster!!!! Honestly, though, this book has everything it takes to make an unforgettable fantasy story and then some, and I just LOVED it!

The story starts out with Rowan, having recently lost her mother to a horrible fire in their home, being sent to live with her grandparents in Ipswich, Mass. Her father struggles to deal with Rowan's grief as well as his own, so he sends her...more
Rachel Harris
For months, I've had this book on my WOW list . . . my must-read list . . . and my what-the-heck-does-that-title-mean list, so when this baby finally popped up on Amazon, I think I may've been the first person to snatch it up! And from the very first page, I knew I was in for an amazing ride.

First of all, the hauntingly beautiful cover completely drew me in, and I'm so happy to say the writing matched. Tara Fuller writes with a lyrical voice, she paints with words and her descriptions are just p...more
Lynn Rush
Wow. One day....I read this in one day. The story is engaging, well crafted, and well written. I love Rowan and Alex! They're an amazing pair. Their romance was so fun to watch unfold. Such innocence sprinkled in with sparks of heat that had me sighing.

I just couldn't put the book down, and I love that. When a book has me thinking, "just one more chapter," all the way through to the end, that's AWESOME. And when I'm crying when the characters are, that's even more awesome. I love taking the jou...more
Mirely
Tara A. Fuller's debut novel Perigee Moon

Rowen Bliss has had one heck of a few months. She has lost her mother in a fire and is having a really hard time dealing with that loss. If this wasn't bad enough her father has distanced himself from her and has decided that Rowen should go across the country to live with her mother's parents. Within a few months of living in the small town of Ipswich, Mass., she meets a mysterious boy named Alex aka Alexander and finds out she is a powerful witch among...more
Joy (joyous reads)
To be honest, I almost wrote this book off as DNF. And it's not because it was written so horridly. Despite the minor editing issues, Tara Fuller wrote a story that appeals to an audience whose got some mad love for YA paranormal romance - regardless of its tiresome story arcs. I believe the reviews on Goodreads reflect that.

I'm just over the whole tortured hero scene. Alex could give that boy I'd rather not mention a run for his money. He suffered from wanting to stay away from the literal girl...more
Jena
Perigee Moon is filled with time travel, magic, and a beautiful romance. I absolutely adored this book. From the opening paragraph, all the way to the end... I was completely hooked.

We start with Rowan, who has lost her mother and is now moving to live with her grandparents in Ipswich, Massachusetts. It's here that she meets the mysterious and sexy Alex Foster. She has no idea where he's from, but she does know that she's falling for him... just as he is for her. The closer these two get, the mo...more
Melissa West
I adore Tara Fuller, but I must admit I am sick with envy after reading her amazing debut. PERIGEE MOON is so rich with beautiful language that it makes the writer in me ache. Her metaphors are original, her style as smooth as silk. It's like she naturally knows how to bring forth the best possible comparisons and descriptions to pull the reader right into the scene. In short, there is only one word to describe her writing -- exceptional.

And then we get to her characters and I'm just blown away...more
Jessie
Alex is one major Hottie! I loved the sizzling chemistry between Rowan and Alex, I wish (really, really badly)there would be a sequel. ;)

Update: 2/11/13
I made a pinterest board for Perigee Moon. Check it out!
Sam
A beautiful read.

After a horrific fire claims the life of her mother, seventeen year old Rowan Bliss finds herself in the miniscule town of Ipswich, Massachusetts. It’s here that she meets Alex, a deliciously mysterious boy who holds the key to unlocking her family’s dark secret.

As Rowan falls helplessly over the edge for Alex, the secrets that he insists on keeping refuse to be contained, and the truth that she uncovers challenges everything she has ever believed. Alex is a witch. And now he’
Rachel
TLDR Recap:

After the tragic death of her mother, 17 year old Rowan Bliss moves to Massachusetts to live with her grandparents, hoping to start over. Once there she meets Alex, a mysterious witch who’s keeping more than a few dangerous secrets. And that’s not the worst of it – Alex is destined to die. Rowan will do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening, which means she’ll have to discover the truth about her past and open herself up to the power she has within. But is it even possible...more
Sasha Summers
This book packs a powerful punch - on so many levels. Rowen was such a wonderful character, real and easy to relate to. Her loss and struggles were so painful that you ache for her. And Alex - SIGH - well Alex kind of totally rocks it... While still being a little scary - in a good way. Taut tension, sensuality, and tragedy, with a warm gooey center ;) If you read the first Twilight, you will love this book. I know I did! Congrats on the delightful, heartrenching, beautifully-crafted story Miss...more
Cindi
Tara Fuller took 2 cool elements & combined them. Witches & time travel. Super cool. I like Rowan's growth over the novel, and of course having a cute boy along for the ride makes everything better, right? The kissing scenes were really good kissing scenes too. Great read.
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Posted on Reading Lark 12/28/12: http://readinglark.blogspot.com/2012/...

Witches have long been one of my favorite paranormal groups and I am constantly looking for great witch novels to read. This one has been sitting on my Kindle for awhile, waiting for its chance to be read. I was really excited about this one because it is set in Ipswich, Massachusetts. The name of that town instantly reminded me of the Sons of Ipswich from the movie, The Covenant. I loved that film and its brand of m...more
Andrea Hussey
This book was enjoyable to read, so I gave it 3 stars. It was refreshing because I haven't come across many witch books, especially in modern times.

It became so painfully apparent that the author was a fan of Twilight though. She obviously liked how their relationship played out, and instead of blatantly copying the story and using vampires and werewolves, she found something different that could still play out the same way.

The plot was completely transparent and it was so obvious that the autho...more
Devyani
I'm in depression . My heart is broken .
Why ? Why oh ?
Why did you have to be so unlikable .

It seems that disappointment is in the air .
As you all might know , I'm a die hard fan of books with guys who have Alex as their names . Also I'm a romantic and I love sappy romance with lot's of crying and lot's of love and just lot's of sugar .
So for me , Perigee Moon has to be the perfect thing to read , right ? unfortunately , it hurts to say that , No it's not .

See I'm going to cut to the chase , Yo...more
Audrey
After teenager Rowan's mother is killed in a house fire, and Rowan attempts suicide, her father can barely stand to look at her. Therefore, Rowan is shipped off to live with her grandparents in Ipswich, Massachusetts. Rowan's always been different, able to feel what those around her are feeling. When a mysterious boy shows up in town, she is inexplicably drawn to him. However, he is a witch, and carries with him hints about Rowan herself and the death of her mother.

Perigee Moon was a tough read...more
Jody
This novel grabbed me from the very begining and I couldn't put it down until I read every page. The writing is beautiful and the charcters compelling. Rowan is a empathic teenaged witch who has lost her mother and home to a terrible fire. Alex is gorgeous, from another time, and also magically skilled. He's been dreaming of her since he was a child. Once they find each other, they will do anything to be together. This is a lovely book and I highly recommend it!
Yasmine
5++ Damn this book is good! Sucked me in from the start and I read the book in about 4 hours! I love the chars and that whole mystery and just..... Wow! Thank you, Tara, for writing this amazing book! Can't wait to read more of your books because the writing is flawless <3 glad this book isn't a series btw, I feel like this is the ending they should've had :)
Halyna
Well, I liked the book - it was written beautifully, the romantic relationships between the protagonists were passionate and sweet, the plot was unusual and interesting. I liked the secondary characters, but the ending was incomplete, therefore I took away one star. Nice book - recommended for the fans of pure, sweet romance plus witches.
Jamie
I really loved this book. I loved the connection between Alex and Rowan. The book was truly magical (no pun intended). I also loved Bevin, Rowan's best friend, she was great and was always there for Rowan. This story kept you on the edge of your seat and had a romance that left you breathless. I loved this book!!!
Michelle
May 06, 2012 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys YA romance or Paranormal Romance
Shelves: young-adult
Ms. Fuller impresses with her debut novel, Perigee Moon. From the first sentence to the last, this reader was fully engulfed in Rowan and Alex's tale of love, tragedy and magic.

Perigee Moon, a rich and beautiful tale that any romance fan should read.
Anna Macperson

AMAZING <3 I loved this book, some bits in it were so cute while others made me want to just read until I found out what happened <3
Elle
Seriously, I really loved this book. Hoping that the author will make this one into series. i will be worth waiting for!
Lisa (Fic Talk)
Saw the town's name was Ipswich and immediately thought of The Covenant. Hah.
Kayla
Perigee Moon was a great read, I highly reommend this book!
Heather
Colette

Also posted on my blog A Buckeye Girl Reads
When I saw that Perigee Moon was about witches I knew I had to read it. I am so grateful to the author (who I follow on twitter and is a lot of fun) for giving me a copy of it to read for review. It was a lot of fun to read. This book has a little of everything: mystery, romance, a spunky heroine, and most importantly: a swoon worthy boy.

Rowan is not a perfect heroine and I adored that about her. She has had a trouble past, and unlike in a lot of books...more
Nancy
So seriously I expected SO much more from this book! It didn't hook me at all, it was just very obvious. Maybe it's because I don't like time travel books a whole lot. Idk.
One of my BIGGEST problems with this book was that I didn't understand the emotional part of Alex and Rowans relationship. Okay, so they:
1) are soul mates? I guess if you just trust that. There isn't a whole lot of explanation.
2) He's seen her face since he was 8 years old? BUT WHY?
3) He magically can travel through time and...more
Winterlee101
this book was a great read definitely for those who are in for lovestruck, true-love, can't- live-without relationships. it has a great mythical witches theme. Tara spun a mysterious tale with great characters. I felt that the building up of the relationship went too fast from the start, ignoring the fact of the other plot that explains the witch connection.
Open Book Society: INBETWEEN BY TARA FULLER 1 3 Mar 15, 2012 04:20PM
Check out my interview with Tara Fuller! 1 6 Dec 21, 2011 02:43AM
  • Dark Veil (Belonging, #1)
  • The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
  • Demons of the Sun
  • Unveiled (Fireblood, #1.5)
  • Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2)
  • Not Your Average Fairy Tale
  • Blood Born (Blood Prophecy, #1)
  • Spectral
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Dream of Me
  • Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1)
  • Gifted: A Donovan Circus Novel
  • Defy (Firstborn Trilogy, #1)
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • Beautifully Broken (Spellbound #1)
  • Owlet (Society of Feathers, #1)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • ReVamped (Angel Creek, #1)
Tara Fuller writes books for teens. Some about witches. Some about grim reapers. All about kissing. Check out her upcoming YA novels INBETWEEN (Entangled Publishing) August of 2012 and PERIGEE MOON (Crescent Moon Press) January of 2012.
More about Tara A. Fuller...
Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1) Blurred (Kissed by Death, #2) Twice in a Lifetime My Pet Monster A Melancholy Kind of Happiness