Start by marking “Pretty In Black (Pretty in Black, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pretty In Black (Pretty in Black, #1)

Pretty In Black (Pretty in Black #1)

RELEASE DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED

On the day of her death, a seventeen year old cheerleader meets a vampire in the cemetery who saves her life.

Seventeen year old Eleanor Piper was supposed to die that day. She was sure of it. Only . . . she didn't. Somehow, she awakens in the cemetery at midnight where she awkwardly meets an unusual stranger . . . whom she ends up foolishly kiss
Paperback
Published 2017

To ask other readers questions about Pretty In Black, please sign up.

Lexia i have it on my phone I go on play books and I type pretty in black and it pops up onto my phone

Kisses A
Is this a twilight comedy? Like a parody????? I dnfed this like 8% in. Its not even worth 1 star.

description

One one the worst I have ever experienced.

"That was it, he’d said enough. I was definitely leaving for good this time. I leapt up. “You can take all your cheap flattery, and go use it on someone else because it’s not working on me. You think you can just follow me around and say lines of bullshit to get me to kiss you? I don’t think so. I don’t even know who you are, and right now I don’t want
Carlyle Labuschagne
I have been fortunate enough to read PIB before anyone else, so Im not gonna spoil it for anyone. Rae is a brilliant writer, her words like poetry , she brings culture and rock together. The story is very well put together. I adore the characters. You might think things pradictable in some books, not this one.
The format is gorgeous as is everything about Pretty In Black. One thing I did not like though, is I hate the sespense on waiting what will happen in the next book , I mean how can you lea
Cristina Buzoianu
This is originally posted on my blog:

Pretty in Black got me hooked from the very moment I saw the cover and now, after finishing it in a single day, I can add that, in my opinion, the cover reflects the main character’s personality. That’s exactly how I picture Ellie’s life at the beginning.
Getting to know Ellie was hard: such a troubled soul with a horrible past. Her sister was murdered a year ago in their house. Nobody knew by whom or why and this somehow
Tish
Feb 11, 2012 Tish rated it really liked it
I'll admit, when I first started this book it had a real "Buffy" feel to it. With the girl being an ex-cheerleader who'd was now facing some dark times in her life due to a family crisis, and then ending up being the chosen one and proving it by catching the knife being thrown at her head. And then especially when I found that her "mentor's" name was Giles. Crazy...

BUT...I will tell you, as I continued to read I fell into this story and found that it was nothing like Buffy and it certainly shine
Lára  Arnarsdóttir
Hm.
Im not even going to rate it. Its below 0 stars, really.
Ive read a lot of bad books that Ive shelved as "worst books ever" but neither of them was worst than this one.
No words to describe it.

20. april 2013

If this book is a parody to Twilight by S. Meyer, than I guess its somewhat okay. If its not a parody ... we have a big problem.

Tracey (Life and Literature)
As soon as I read the original book description for Pretty in Black I knew I had to read it.....

Some Things are Pretty. Some Things are Black. Love is both.

[Ellie Piper]

She wanted to die. He arose from the grave. He was sent to kill her. She was trained to kill those of his kind. But fate had other plans. He searched for 119 years to find her. & There's no way in hell he's letting her go. Dead or Alive. They're fated.

[Marcus Marble]

How far would you go to be with the one you love? Would
Parker
Nov 14, 2011 Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very very good... I could not put it down!!
Liz at Fictional Candy

I started this book knowing next to nothing about it. The cover is what drew me in, I couldn’t have not read it. And then I signed up for the Black Satin tour with Supagurl Tours, which I have a stop in June. So then I had to read this book, to prepare for that one. That all worked out quite well!

This felt like it was a relatively short story, overall. But it is over 300
Shane
May 12, 2012 Shane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
-For Itching For Books

There's sooo much I could say about Pretty In Black. I just have to compose my thoughts enough to make sense in doing so. I think 'dark' is the appropriate word that sums up everything about this book. It describes the emotions of the main characters, their surroundings, and the bittersweet love they have for each other.

I truly enjoyed the story because not only was it fast paced, and I mean extremely fast paced, I could also feel what they were feeling, see what they were
Stephanie Ward
Oct 12, 2012 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
4.5 Stars

'Pretty in Black' is the first book in an amazing paranormal romance series. It tells the story of Ellie Piper, a teenage girl devastated by the recent death of her sister, and Marcus Marble, a gorgeous yet mysterious guy she meets in a graveyard. Ellie and Marcus soon fall deeply in love, and everything in Ellie's world is turned completely upside down when she learns that Marcus isn't exactly alive - or human. She is soon introduced to the world of Evermores and learns that she is des
Katie
Apr 24, 2012 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I initally accepted this book as part as a Blog Tour. I admit, I fell for the pretty cover. This is definitely one case where I should not have judged a book by its cover. Well, okay, I also judged it by its synopsis, so I don't feel too bad now. I mean, it's a pretty interesting synopsis: death, mystery, forbidden love, suspense. These are all great elements I look for when deciding on a book to read.

Unfortunately, I only made it to page 21 in Pretty in Black before trying to decide whether I s
Ramona Alexis
Dec 18, 2012 Ramona Alexis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ellie Piper was a girl like everybody else. She had great notes at school, a best friend, a boyfriend, and even a beautiful happy family. She even was the leader of the cheerleaders, and for this she was envied by many girls. She had a perfect life. Then, suddenly something has changed.

„I didn’t feel like myself anymore. The girl who used to be a cheerleader, I no longer knew who she was. The new me dressed different, spoke different, had different interests than the old me.”

Once with the death
Amy Fournier
This book is fast paced and dark. The first half starts off from Ellie's POV. She is depressed and doesn't want to live. Her sister was murdered, her parents are divorced, and she has left behind her popular happy life for one of loneliness. She has pushed all of her friends away and her old life is just a shadow. The second part of the book is from Marcus's POV. It skips over a lot, but it is nice to see things from his perspective too. We get to know him much better too.

Ellie is attracted to t
 ♬ ☮ Priya ♀ ♏ {Smoke and Starlight} ☠ ☯
"Some Things are Pretty. Some Things are Black. Love is both."

Ellie Piper had wished to die, not to meet the charming and enigmatic Marcus Marble. But now they are in love and Ellie has found a reason to live. Only if their love wasn't forbidden. Ellie was born to kill Evermores like Marcus and Marcus will break every rule if he lets Ellie live. But that won't stop them from a love that was fated. How far would they go before they realize that their love is going to destroy them. This is only
YA Novelties
Nov 24, 2012 YA Novelties rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Check this review out at our blog!

4.5 Stars!!

Pretty Dark and gloomy cover, right? I do admit it, I judge books by their covers. It's the cover that attracts me to a book, and makes me read its summary to see if its something I might like. This book would normally be one I wouldn't look at (its cover is just too dark and not very appealing), but it was recommended to me by a friend, so I had to give it a chance. Luckily enough, the summary snagged my interest, and I decided to read it, and I'm gl
Novels On The Run
May 21, 2012 Novels On The Run rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 4 INTRIGUING STARS!!

“I ran the blade across both my wrists, and collapsed onto the ground. I felt the fire, the ache, the sting. My pulse pounded, my life poured out of me. My vision grew dark. I waited for the darkness.”

Ellie Piper wanted to die. She didn’t ....not yet.....

This is a hauntingly beautiful story, which I found quite original, but, at the same time I have many questions.

At times this book flows beautifully and at other times it was maybe too fast, I wa
Simona Ithil
May 08, 2013 Simona Ithil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La Pretty in Black prima data am fost atrasa de coperta, cam acesta este efectul pe care il are asupra mea o coperta simpla dar frumoasa. Al doilea lucru a fost descrierea care , chiar prin faptul ca nu dezvaluie foarte multe, te face sa iti pui o suta de intrebari si sa vrei sa citesti imediat cartea.

Daca doriti sa cititi un roman cu o poveste de dragoste superba, dar in acelasi timp si intunecata/gotica, plina de secrete si durere, aceasta este cartea pe care o cautati.

Cand spun durere nu ma
Bianca
Apr 15, 2012 Bianca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as an eArc.Thank you,Rae!

I really enjoied this book…to be onest,I didn’t expect to like it so much!Ok,at the first glace,”Pretty in Black” seemed to be an intresting book,with a amaging cover.Just this.But “Pretty in Black” is more than that.”Pretty in Black” is an amazing book!

Very good written,this book hooked me from the first page til the last.I don’t know why,but I love Rae write style!It gave me a feeling…like I could read and read and read without getting tired.

“Prett
Michikit
Dec 16, 2012 Michikit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interview with Rae Hachton
I finished Pretty in Black a while ago and it was a surprisingly fast reading. I was so into this book that I’ve read it just a couple of hours and I found it unique. Pretty in Black is dark and mostly revolves around death. As a matter of fact the story itself starts with the near death of the main character, Ellie, which tries to commit suicide, but is resurrected by Marcus.
First the writing style was so different, as the entire book is, but the writing was diffe
Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
This review can also be found on my blog.

I really liked the plot and the idea of this book. It was different and something I haven’t come across before, although it had some not-so-original elements to it, it was still new and fresh. It’s a bit gothic, mysterious, dark, edgy and it was all kinds of black and pretty. Also, it has a whole fantasy world to spice up the romance. I felt like the writing was a bit chaotic at times, but the author said on her blog that it’s just her style – on the cont
Sana
May 26, 2012 Sana rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Pretty In Black is a dark young adult book but that is not it. It is emotional, it is raw, it is deep and most of all, it is bittersweet. Ellie likes to spend time in cemetery ever since her life turned upside down, from being the captain of the cheerleading squad and having a family to living in a trailer with a mother who doesn't care and a stepfather who brings her down overnight.

The book starts with Ellie trying to cut her wrists and succeeding when she succumbs to the darkness enveloping h
Cathy
May 11, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-challenge
Ellie is still mourning her sister's death, she was murdered and violated. She doesn't want to live anymore, her parents have divorced, her mother has moved on to a boyfriend who is very wrong and they now live in a trailer park. Everything has gone down the drain, she even quit cheer leading and no longer speaks to her ex boyfriend or ex best friend. There's nothing left for her. Laying down in the cemetery enjoying the atmosphere in comes Marcus Marble. At first he startles her so she is torn ...more
Erika
Publisher: Teen Pulse
Number of Pages: 312
Date of Release: October 26th, 2011
Summary From Goodreads:

Some Things are Pretty. Some Things are Black. Love is both.

[Ellie Piper]

[Marcus Marble]

How far wo
Oana D. H.
May 19, 2013 Oana D. H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the moment i started reading this book i wanted to know more about Ellie and Marcus.Even if its not the kind of book i usually like to read,i liked how Rae described everything.It was a little strange,but at the same time i thought it was beautiful.

Everything Rae wrote was beautiful.Every word made the story more interesting and usually that's all i need and i will know if i should stop reading or not.I didn't.

Even if there was a moment when i thought something was missing-i don't really
Jenn
Pretty in Black by Rae Hachton is a paranormal love story about the relationship between Ellie Piper and Marcus Marble. The first section of the story is told from Ellie’s point of view. Ellie has recently lost her sister. She was murdered and it remains unsolved. Her sister’s death has seriously affected the previously perky, straight-A cheerleader, causing her to distance herself from her best friend, her boyfriend, and everyone else at school. She’s dressing in black and hanging out in cemete ...more
Ellen
May 30, 2012 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tours
Pretty in Black was a very interesting read. It was a "dark" romance. Ellie Piper has lost her sister, her father is gone, and her mother has married a creep and moved her into a trailer park. Ellie likes to hang out in cemeteries, she's depressed, and she cuts. Then she meets Marcus Marble, and her whole life changes. She tries to stay away from Marcus, but finds herself compelled to be with him. He is mysterious, charming, attractive, and has his own dark side. Ellie struggles to keep focused ...more
Diayll
May 18, 2012 Diayll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
Rating: 4out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Blog Tour
Reviewer: Heather

Pretty in Black is about a young woman named Ellie who has lost her sister, her perfect life, and she is seeking death. Marcus Marble saves her in more ways than she knew she needed saving. But he has a secret, many secrets, that he’s keeping from her.

To further the story, Ellie is also a Corvidae hunter, and her purpose is to hunt down the Evermore. She is warned that if she fails, o
Paranormal Reads
I was drawn to this book from this line alone. Some Things are Pretty. Some Things are Black. Love is both. That had me staying up late into the night to finish this book. And I am so glad I did.

We meet Ellie at the beginning who has decided to end her life. Even though it’s a graphic scene the author does some creative writing to introduce us to the love interest Marcus. He asks Ellie for a kiss and dance. I was a little confused weather this was a dream or not but Rae writes so well that it d
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
I liked this book - I'd say it is in the strong 4-4.5 stars range. I was confused, just as Ellie was, sometimes throughout the book. I would have loved to learn more throughout the book, but I think it will all come as this is the first in a series. I really really like Marcus - he is dark and beautiful and matches Ellie well. Ellie is dark and troubled, but her past helps make her real and once it is explained she makes more sense.

--------------------------------

This is a take on the star-cross
Brittany
May 07, 2012 Brittany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the cover of this book, so when the opportunity arose for me to be a part of the tour, I just HAD to jump on board! There are several parts of the story line that will remind you of other paranormal stories that are out there, but the concept of the book is completely different from any other story you have read so far. I enjoyed the book so much that I literally read it in one sitting, even with distractions! The author weaves such a great tale that it's hard to pull yourself ...more
Out Now! 1 9 Nov 19, 2011 01:49PM
  • The Bird With The Broken Wing
  • Opera Macabre
  • Don't Fear the Reaper (Netherworld, #1)
  • Sire (The Vampires of St. Troy, #1)
  • Become (Desolation, #1)
  • Wolf Medicine
  • Barely Human
  • Ravens
  • Bone Dressing (Book 1)
  • Not So Snow White
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Fields of Elysium (Fields of Elysium, #1)
  • On a Dark Wing
description

OFFICIAL AUTHOR WEBSITE

RAE HACHTON
Writes Dark Romanticism-sometimes with gears and clockwork. Has cemetery obsession. Believes in vampires, ghosts, and magic. If imaginary, she would be an automaton fairy. Corvidophile. Content.

"My Primary goal is to Scare you/Haunt you, but make you fall in love at the same time. I'm a Monster Lover who writes Dark Fantasy and Gritty Contemporary. I like dark, tw
More about Rae Hachton...

Pretty in Black (4 books)
  • Black Satin (Pretty in Black, #2)
  • Raven in the Grave (Pretty in Black, #3)
  • Evermore (Pretty in Black, #4)

“Ellie, would you frolic in the land of forever with me?” 14 likes
“I never really wanted to die. But I followed through anyway. The pain in my heart was excruciating, and death was beautiful.” 11 likes