Start by marking “The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters, #3)

The Wolf Within (Alpine Woods Shifters #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  897 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Will his love be enough to keep her safe?

Julie doesn't know what to think when the man she's had a crush on her entire life--a man she thinks is meant to be her sister's mate--starts flirting with her after she returns home from college. The harder she tries to distance herself, the harder he works to win her over. He can't want to mate with her...a freak born a full huma...more
Published November 21st 2011 by Lyrical Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Wolf Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wolf Within

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsCry Wolf by Patricia BriggsBitten by Kelley ArmstrongMagic Bites by Ilona AndrewsShiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Best Shapeshifter/Werewolf books
405th out of 946 books — 1,332 voters
Red House by Sonya ClarkThe Alpha by Annie NicholasMojo Queen by Sonya ClarkHidden In Plain Sight by Amy Lee BurgessIrresistible by Annie Nicholas
Lyrical Paranormal Romance
15th out of 74 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Laurie Garrison
Sondrea writes some very loveable characters into a good short hot novella. At the beginning of this novella the hero and heroine moved a little too fast but before long they seemed to slow down so I could get a feel for the romance between them and before I knew it I had the whole novella gobbled up left me wanting more.

Once Brendan and Julie get over their little problem there’s no stopping them because they are great together. I recommend this romance to anyone who loves a quick sexy read an...more
Emily
Graduated and ready to start the next chapter of her life, Julie can't help but feel incomplete. Born to a family of shifters as the only full human, Julie often wishes she would be able to meet a mate who would treasure her forever, but knows it is a pipe dream that will never happen.

Brendan has been waiting for Julie to graduate before claiming her. Growing up as friends, it took all his restraint to never lead on how he truly felt. Now that she is back he plans of courting her until he can fi...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally published at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Bonded mates, shape shifters, kidnapping, hot sex and unrelenting love for your partner...if any of those things call to you then this is a book you need to read. The characters are well written and the story plays out nicely from beginning to end. This story will not disappoint those who like romance with a little twist of paranormal in the mix.

Brendan and Julie were a match made from the beginning, if only Julie could see it tha...more
Sally
The Wolf Within is the story of Brendan and Julie, they've known each other since childhood and although both have always had strong feelings for the other, Julie's big brothers were one of the factors that stopped them being together. When Julie comes back to Alpine Woods after graduating Brendan is determined to claim his mate and nothing, not even the three Callahan brothers, are going to get in his way.

This is another sweet love story from the Alpine Woods Shifters series that has heated pas...more
Nicky
I liked how Julie was a completely human living in a family and town full of shifters. And I like Brendan's been waiting on her to grow up and come back to claim her. It was funny how her brothers reacted. He knew they were going to want to beat him up. Such a big brother thing to do. I also liked how in this story, an element of danger/suspense was introduced with Julie's stalker. I like how it's carried on into the next few books to further tie them together.
rey
3 stars

This review is honest and highly subjective. You've been warned.

Lucky this book was a quick read or it might have the high possibility to end up in DNF shelf.

I couldn't stand Julie at all. She's quick to assume without asking first, she always thinks the worst and she has a serious trust issue she just refused to tell anyone even she's in dire situation. Just ugh. Don't understand what Brendan sees in her, really.

I liked the action scenes, though. It was refreshing and thrilling.

Read at...more
Heather Wiese
This is the first book I have read by this author, and it happens to be the 3rd one in a series. I don't usually like to read series out of order...but this one caught my eye.

This is a short book (fast read!) about the youngest child in a wolf-shifter family who happens to be born without the shifter gene. A full human in a house full of wolves, Julie has felt left out and ordinary her whole life. To get away and try living with full humans, she goes to college and only comes back home when she...more
Katya
Jenn
What I liked:
1. Dual POV
2. More interaction with Julie's family
3. More of a story line then the other books
4. Barely any bad language
5. Brendan. I loved this guy.
6. The connection Julie and Brendan had as it made the instant relationship believable.

Brendan is good friends with Laurie, who happens to be Julie's older sister. Julie thinks these two are mates but haven't claimed each other yet. This makes her sad as she's been in love or had a crush on Brendan since she was a teen. What she doesn't...more
Meaghan
I have enjoyed reading these novellas and liked the last two couples, but I definitely loved Julie and Brendan. Something about them having a little bit of a history and the threat that always loomed in the background just made this book much more alluring to me. Sondrae has writing short, fast paced, hot novellas down. There is just enough story there to leave me happy, but always wanting more. I could easily see any of these being a full length novel and would love to see more from all of the...more
Lynn
Book 3 in the “Alpine Woods Shifters” Series
Rating: 4 ½ stars

Brendan is a wolf shifter. Someone’s finally come home and he couldn’t be happier. He’s a very possessive man – a total alpha. He lives in a town called Alpine Woods.

Julie’s family is there to welcome her home. She’s had years of misunderstanding that needs to be fixed. Her sister Laurie owns a bookstore with her called “Books and Crannies”. It makes me think of the old-time bookstores.

Julie seems to have self-worth issues. She’s diffe...more
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Sondrae Bennett story telling is consistent and precise which makes her Alpine Woods Shifters series just that much more enjoyable!

Brendan has known since he was eighteen that Julie Callahan was his mate, despite her being only human, but with her four years younger than him, Brendan knew that he had to be patient and wait for her to spread her wings and mature. When Julie returns the Alpine Woods after college though, all bets are off and Brendan is not going to let her walk away again. But as...more
Julie
I saw this book because of an advertisement/suggestion her on the site and I decided to check it out since it involves some of my favorite things: wolf shape shifters and a heroine with my same first name (a rare find, actually).

The story was well-written and moved along well in its 35K words. I was reading it with the mind of enjoyment of the story and also looking how the author built her world and told a complete story with a limited space. (As of the writing of this review I am also particip...more
Bernadett Vidra
I must be in my generous days, because my last 3 books got 5 (or almost 5) stars, and this book has the same rating. It can contain spoilers!

In this book, the main female character is aware of the shifters' existence, since she was born in a werewolf shifter family, though she's full human. It's kind of interesting, because I never heard of anything like that - with full shifter parents, she's full human.

At first, all this Laurie and Brendan are mate's thing was beyond frustrating... Thank God,...more
Vampress Bathory
Cute, light, short story!! Loved the characters, love the plot and loved the writing style!
Worthy of reading it!
Teri
Julie has been in love with Brendan forever but thinks he just sees her as a little sister while Brendan knows she's his mate, but was giving her freedom to fulfill her dreams before claiming her. Their love story full of misunderstandings and secret longings and pain was extremely well done in my opinion. They were great characters and their love really saved both of them and filled the voids in their lives. The suspense part was well-written, too, nothing too complicated, but it wasn't totally...more
Magdalena
I really liked this book and the only think keeping me from giving it 5 stars is because it's a bit short. The author keeps getting better and better and in this book we see a bit more action and drama in comparison to the previous ones. Her character development is even better and even tough I always liked the way she portrays the love between her subjects it feels even more "real" in this book. Looking forward to reading the next one.
R
This book as of 12-1-11 has been the number 1 bestseller list - recent for Fictionwise and it is the 2nd recent highly rated book - recent too.

She has 2 other books which are within the 25 books bestseller list for recent books at Fictionwise also.

Her ranking is 3rd bestselling author - recent at Fictionwise.

I agree with these ratings as I have purchased all 3 of those books and they are excellent.
Akyraa
short n cute read but not amazing...it was such a short read but i kept waiting too long for Branden to tell Julie that she was his mate...lol, the irony...n the whole mating thing was abrupt too...he just mated wid her on a spur of the moment thingy...it was like blink n u missed it...n that too in a shed...not cool...
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Nikki
So far I have quite enjoyed this series. This book definitely felt more emotional to me. I really felt for Julie and her insecurities being the only human. I loved how Brendan knew her so well and tried everything he could to show her how special she is. This is definitely a series I will be recommending!
Erin Kyle
So...I know I've read this story; I read it probably a week and a half ago. I remember bits and pieces of it, but for the life of me, I can't remember the true storyline. I can't remember the big drama, and that seems as though it should be a pretty memorable aspect, right?

Take from that what you will.
Meg Kinch
While I enjoyed the first two in the series, I believe that this one is the best. I really loved the hero and heroine. There was also more suspense and action in this one, but it wasn't dragging on endlessly. Great story! I definitely look forward to the next in the series.
Sadie Bissett
It just seemed that some of the book was missing. It was kind of hard to get attached to the characters. This is not because it's so short; I've read plenty of short books that I was more involved in.

Overall, the story was okay. It just could've been better, imo.
SheLove2Read
Third in this series. I liked it but I didn't love it. The hero was great - he was all in 100% from page one, but the heroine took some convincing even though she had been madly in love with him for years, which was kind of stupid. 3 stars/B
April

Oh the plot thickens! I love the added element of a dispute between shifters. It gives the books more depth. Don't get me wrong, I love the love story but I enjoy it when the book has more going on! Can't wait for the next one!
Stacie
A story about Julie is born to a family of shifters. Branden has been a friend to the family for years and knows that Julie is his mate. Julie has also thought she was inferior since she could not shift. A pretty good short story.
Dishanta
The Wolf within takes you to a place that all Para-Romances should. Its that place where love is intensified, trust is built, and protecting the ones you love is a given. This is a great novel. Read it and Love it !!
Tia
I liked this one and I loved Julie. She was so strong and brave for not being a shifter, the only one in her family that was mostly human.
I really like the story about human born to a shifter family Julie and Brendan a long waiting shifter for his mate. Really like HEA.
  • Pack Rogue (Were Chronicles, #4)
  • Skylar's Devotion (Roxie's Protecters, #4)
  • A Wolf's Duty (Love Bites, #1)
  • Alpha Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #5)
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • White Wolf (White Wolf, #1)
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
  • Suddenly Wolf (Suddenly Wolf, #1)
  • The Alpha (Vanguards, #2)
  • Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • Yours, Mine and Howls (Werewolves in Love, #2)
  • Stolen Passions (Forbidden Passions, #1)
  • Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4)
I love romance. I love reading romance, living romance (who doesn't), but I especially love writing romance. There's no greater feeling than watching my characters come alive in each other's arms. Most of all, I love giving my characters the happily ever afters they deserve, with a little necessary drama first.

When I pick up a new book and am able to sink into the story, emersing myself in the em...more
More about Sondrae Bennett...
Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1) Chasing Paradise (Alpine Woods Shifters, #2) Worth Fighting For (Alpine Woods Shifters, #4) Covert Desires (Alpine Woods Shifters, #5) Kalindra (GateKeepers, #2)