Nice Girls Finish Last

Nice Girls Finish Last (Working It #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  17 reviews

Once she was bad…

After one wild and heartbreaking affair in her past, Lena is now very, very good. She prides herself on her iron self-control—working for the hottest sports team in New Zealand, it's all testosterone but no touching!

But he's tempting her to be wicked…

Spending day in, day out in the boys' locker rooms, Lena thinks she's immune to even the most honed set of...more
Published November 2011 by Harlequin (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Nice Girls Finish Last, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Girls Finish Last

Vivian
To be quite honest, I thought this was gonna be crap. It was ok, actually! (better than ok.)

FirstImpression
So the cover is kind of. Um. You know. Crappy. HAHAHA. So I didn't have high expectations. So I just kept reading and reading. Let's just say, I wasn't impressed just by the summary or the cover.

Rants
I barely knew what the characters looked like!! Same issue as a lot of the books but I guess the relationship was more important right? Oh. And sex right after ten minutes of talking? I don't k...more
RLA
The heroine Lena is a hard working yet fun loving PR rep for one of New Zealand's best rugby teams. When the hero Seth finds her almost literally laughing her head off after a practical joke with the team, he is instantly drawn to her. Lena is also very attracted to Seth and would like nothing more that to give in to the desire between them, but is afraid of getting hurt again after her last car crash of a relationship. Over the last couple of years Lena has worked hard to put her mistakes behin...more
Fedora
Seth and Lena had some serious chemistry :) I liked how Ms. Anderson pulled this story together--Lena's been working as a PR/all-around girl-Friday for a rugby team and has gotten a reputation for being a no-nonsense, hard-working team player who does NOT fool around. To be honest, she's looked her fair share, but she's never even been tempted to break that self-imposed isolationist policy.

Seth walks in one day and burns through her walls so fast, her head's spinning. At least he isn't one of th...more
Jane Reader
"One day you'll meet some woman who has it all and you'll offer everything you've said you never will." Ooh, truer words have never been spoken. That line totally elevated the stars for this book, because outside of it, I didn't really enjoy it as much as I'd hoped.

Nice Girls Finish Last tells of the unfolding relationship between PR guru (for a rugby team) Lena Kelly and wealthy businessman (and undercover philanthropist that would like to do something with said rugby team and his charity) Seth...more
Kate
Overall rating -- 4.5 stars

A fun and flirty read! I liked how the heroine kept pressing to keep the relationship to a one-night stand (or a series of one-night stands) but the hero kept pressing for more.
Nas Dean
NICE GIRLS FINISH LAST by author Natalie Anderson is a Mills and Boon Modern, Harlequin Presents and Mills and Boon Australia Sexy release for January 2012.

Lena was the PR person for the country’s hottest rugby team and Seth Walker needed a favor from her. He wanted his charity team of disadvantaged teens to train with Lena’s professional rugby team.

But he had started off on a wrong foot with her by kissing her. And then spending the night with her! Dare he ask for the favor now? What would Len...more
Rebecca
I enjoyed this category romance. I liked the sexual tension between Seth and Lena, it just didn't hit the right notes for me. I liked Lena's character, especially how she admitted her mistakes in the past and took responsibility for them. I think I would have liked to see her interact with her over-achiever family, but the length of the book prevented that. An enjoyable read, but I probably won't be re-reading this one. I will be reading other of Ms. Anderson's books, though!
Tonya Warner
It started with a laugh. Seth, a rugged, athletic, rich man who could have any woman he wanted. A man who set strict limits on where a relationship would go, was done in by a laugh.

Lena knew when that a big part of her job, even her life, focused on her remaining calm, cool, and collected. The desire to let loose was under strict control. She could not afford to open herself to the unloving torment of being free. But, sometimes, she could laugh.

Very sweet.
Akshara Nanda
It is passionate and emotional in the vibe your bones way !
I started at 6pm in the evening. The novel kept me awake till 1am.
Natalie Anderson has described the passion best and summed it up with the emotion so well, neither could exist alone.
Bridie Coleman
Oh my! What a fab racy start to a book! LOVED it! Very emotional book and great chemistry as always. Loved Seth's character .... mmmm. Definitely recommended.
Diane
i liked this one--the heroine is the one with the bad secret in her past, which colors her life now. the hero is also haunted by his past
Ajolley
My first Harlequin Romance .... and then later someone told me about the color coding on the covers!!! WOW!
Joanne
Loved this book! Am a big fan of Natalie Anderson and this book was fab, sooo hot!
Deyara
Okay. Some parts I quite liked, others made me cringe.
Ltlmer2
good chemistry and banter
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Working It
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Working It

Sarinity
Sarinity marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Maisha
Maisha marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
  • The Matchmaker Bride
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
  • The Petrov Proposal
  • The Man She Loves To Hate
  • The Heartless Rebel (Bad Blood, #5)
  • Front Page Affair
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • The Forbidden Ferrara (Ferrara #2)
  • The Wedding Date
  • The Real Rio D'Aquila (Orisini Brides, #2)
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
  • An Indecent Proposition

USA TODAY bestseller Natalie Anderson writes fun, frisky, feels-good contemporary romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Entangled Publishing and independently. With over thirty books published, she's also been a Romantic Times Award nominee & a finalist for the R*BY (...more
More about Natalie Anderson...
Breathe for Me (Be for Me, #1) Bargain in Bronze (Flirting To Win, #1) Blame It on the Bikini First Time Lucky? All Night with the Boss